IMG_0975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0973 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
19F5A641-35C0-4284-8A82-FE0C43360E2D (resized).jpeg
7BDDA093-A47A-4484-9F7D-EADAE6E271F7 (resized).jpeg
FA10F814-EAEF-4336-927C-724FC370DDD1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Picked up my Old Chicago at a garage sale. Story is it was in a teen's youth group home after a year or two on route. Then to the garage for 20+ years.

Rubbers were 'fixed' with tape. The shooter has no tip and is mushroomed from being used without a tip. Someone fixed a loose fuse bracket by holding it tight with a zip tie. Otherwise in very good condition.

Went with Titan silicone for the rubbers. Their purple isn’t the right color for OC, but the pink is screaming pink. Going with purple for the rebound rubber and maybe for the flippers.

Cleaning the plastics is weird. There is a mold or powder stuck on the plastics that is purple. Very close to the purple of the game. Can’t imagine where it would have come from.

On the bright side, it is a pleasure to be able to polish these plastics. My other machines the plastics are too fragile to clean. These are way thick and not brittle.

#3 2 years ago

It is definitely on my mind. Unwind about two layers, right?

I’ll be playing it by this weekend. Working on it a few hours after work each day. Read a post about how pops only reach maximum pop if the EOS is set for the very end of the stroke. Want to check that, too.

Just cleaned & waxed it. Never tried clearcoat.

#8 2 years ago

Nice.

I’ll post pics when I’m done. No repaint, just a good clean & wax &!polishing all the metal .

#10 2 years ago

Like a super ball ?

#12 2 years ago
7BDDA093-A47A-4484-9F7D-EADAE6E271F7 (resized).jpeg7BDDA093-A47A-4484-9F7D-EADAE6E271F7 (resized).jpeg
#13 2 years ago

All clean and pretty. Well, the flippers have to be cleaned. Need a new flipper coil- the left is machine gunning.

The lower pops are plenty strong. Move the ball all over the place.

Love the game! Wide open playfield. love the design of how the ball moves. Had the ball go from the left side around the bottom of the right pop and up along the side back to the middle of the pf. Loving it.

Needs a little troubleshooting. Nothing major.

A little Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish and a felt wheel on the Dremel really make the screw heads shine.

#15 2 years ago
19F5A641-35C0-4284-8A82-FE0C43360E2D (resized).jpeg19F5A641-35C0-4284-8A82-FE0C43360E2D (resized).jpeg
#17 2 years ago

Reset Problem: Reset gets to the point of the bonus unit. Bonus unit steps up (or down?) one step, then the other way one step. It keeps repeating like that.

The unit is all clean and shiny. The fingers set well centered on the rivets, except the one single finger and it is only off just a little, but it is making contact. Putting pressure on any of the fingers doesn't fix it. The switches on the bonus unit are clean.

Where do I look next?

#18 2 years ago

Found it. Stuck outhole switch.

4 weeks later
#19 2 years ago

One of my drops keeps dropping. Time for a new set or is there something that can be adjusted?

#21 2 years ago

Seems to me the plastic ledge on the drop is worn & needs to be replaced, but I’d hate to buy a set if the cause is something else.

1 month later
#22 1 year ago

When my OC is turned on, something spins or resets right away. Is that correct?

Seems like any resetting would start when the credit button is pushed.

1 week later
#25 1 year ago

RC_like_the_cola
Thanks. Turns out, it was finishing the cycle. I’d been shutting it off prematurely while troubleshooting.

1 year later
#26 3 months ago

Ever feel like the green rollover button should be lit? I do. There isn't room underneath to add a standard lamp, but I've just ordered a Yoppsicle warm LED that ought to fit. I'll post pics when it is done.

#28 3 months ago

Glad to know that works. Thought the switch would block too much light.

#30 3 months ago

Nice! It really needs a light. Wish we could ask someone at Bally why they didn’t light it.

I'm waiting on the Yoppsickle, and will post pics. It aims down, so spillover to other inserts shouldn’t be an issue. We'll see.

Happy New Year!

#31 3 months ago

Here is the Yoppsickle installed. IMG_0973 (resized).jpegIMG_0973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0974 (resized).jpegIMG_0974 (resized).jpegIMG_0975 (resized).jpegIMG_0975 (resized).jpeg

Didn’t expect the dead spot. Bought two. Could try both.

#33 3 months ago

Don’t know about those. I’ll take a look.

#35 3 months ago

Looks like an alarm in my OC!

IMG_0978 (resized).jpegIMG_0978 (resized).jpeg
#36 3 months ago

Decided to leave the green rollover as is. It looks fine from the player’s view.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jazz-amp-liquor-old-chicago-club?tu=undrdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.