IMG_0975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0973 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
19F5A641-35C0-4284-8A82-FE0C43360E2D (resized).jpeg
7BDDA093-A47A-4484-9F7D-EADAE6E271F7 (resized).jpeg
FA10F814-EAEF-4336-927C-724FC370DDD1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Old Chicago is my absolute favorite em! Clearcoat that playfield and unwind the coils for the lower pops a bit and it totally kicks a$$. Might be the only game I never let go.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

It is definitely on my mind. Unwind about two layers, right?
I’ll be playing it by this weekend. Working on it a few hours after work each day. Read a post about how pops only reach maximum pop if the EOS is set for the very end of the stroke. Want to check that, too.
Just cleaned & waxed it. Never tried clearcoat.

It’s been years since I removed some layers, so I can’t remember how many I did. I’ve been thinking I might unwind them a bit more. I think you can be fairly aggressive with it on this game.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve heard of this, is there a guide somewhere that explains it more in-depth?

Simply remove the coil from the game. Remove the paper wrapper (carefully so you can reuse it). Figure out which wire end is the end that would unwind from the outside of the spool. Cut it off the lug and unwind it some. You are reducing the number of turns around the coil to increase the power of the coil. Again, I can’t remember how many turns I did. I tend to count turns rather than layers so that I have some reference for how much I’ve done relative to the original setup. If I ever do this again in an unaltered coil, I will write the number of turns removed on the wrapper when I’m finished.

After unwinding, gently sand the coating off the end of the wire and solder it back on the lug. Replace the wrapper and reinstall the coil in the game.

#7 2 years ago

OC, the true OG. 95% repainted and clearcoated for sexy high speed glory.

(The spinner is borrowed from my Space Mission parts stash after the original gave up the ghost. I’ve got plans for a custom image on it down the road.)

FA10F814-EAEF-4336-927C-724FC370DDD1 (resized).jpegFA10F814-EAEF-4336-927C-724FC370DDD1 (resized).jpeg
#14 2 years ago

Nice - looks like it hasn’t seen a ton of action over the years. Hard to tell from your picture but I don’t see the telltale ball trail groove worn in the arch that typically comes with heavily played titles from the 70s. Looks like you scored a good one.

#16 2 years ago

Ha! So it had a slight trail. Cleaned up nicely!

1 year later
#32 3 months ago

Maybe try a flex head green led?

#34 3 months ago

Like this:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1smd-flex?_pos=1&_sid=1ce0c330d&_ss=r

They make other styles with different legs of flex, quantity of light heads, etc. This link is for the basic single led, short flex lead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jazz-amp-liquor-old-chicago-club?tu=pinheadpierre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.