IMG_8686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8685 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8678 (resized).jpeg
There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 86 days ago

Are you now closed to orders for people who want the pro?

#352 86 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Jaws the Ball Eater came in today. I wanted to give a review of the packaging, install, and game play. I ordered on April 6th was notified of my shipment on April 12th and received shipment on April 23rd. The package was packed well and nothing looked to be damaged in shipping and was protected well by packing material. You never know these days with any carrier service just how a package will arrive. I was taken back by the size of the pieces that make up this mod. A lot of time and engineering went into the research and production of it. There were nicely packaged screws and other parts needed for the install in two separate bags. Jaws himself was carefully wrapped in bubble wrap patiently awaiting his first meal. A large subway system with the “fast vuk” and another large tube system that routes the ball to the ramp. The last part in the box was the computer controller board.
The install video, which I had to contact Trent on where to find, was on the purchase page and very nicely done. Walking you through step by step of the entire process. The whole install video was a 39 min tutorial. Actual install for me took about an hour and a half. The hardest part of the install was installing the large “fast vuk” system, and routing the wires under it. One thing the video had in it was connecting the computer board to the 12v in the head of the machine. I had an issue because my board didn’t have the wire on it. I contacted Trent again and he informed me that I wasn’t missing the wire that he re-engineered the board so that you no longer had to connect the per to the head. A great improvement in my opinion. All in all the install was not complicated, and it truly is a system that will make no permanent changes to your game. If you decide to go back to original just reverse the video install.
As far as game play goes I found it extremely enjoyable. It made the pro version feel a lot more like the premium/LE as far as how the bounties are on the premium versus the pro. Bashing the shark makes gameplay fun on the premium and somewhat easier in my opinion than the captive ball does on the pro. The pro is more of a challenge with the captive ball taking a clean hit to register rather than just touching the shark with even a weak shot on the premium to register a hit. I will say that making Jaws eat the ball is not an easy task. You do collect shots as the ball passes over the optos just as the captive ball would, but to hit it in the mouth is more difficult that it seems. So getting an easy return to your right flipper as everyone was saying isn’t so easy. Hitting Jaws in the sides of the mouth where the rubbers are also creates some dangerous situations just as the captive ball does. So in that reguard I would say they are pretty equal.
I will conclude in saying that I am extremely happy with this mod. I can’t say enough about Trent’s customer service and helping me out in the two instances where I needed it. It is an extremely well made mod, easy to install, and a lot of fun to shoot. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to add some more enjoyment to their Jaws. I will post some pictures of the parts installed tomorrow evening as I was too excited to get it installed and play it when I finished.
[quoted image]

I found your review interesting, especially the part about the pro feeling more like an LE or premium in terms of registering hits on the shark for the bounty multiball. That is the one thing that I thought was quite a bit harder on the pro, having to hit that captive ball dead on to register hits to capture the shark. It seems the pop-up shark is a much bigger target and registers hits easier. I was wondering if someone would be able to modify the captive ball rail, something to hang off the front of the edge in order to make the ball a bigger target ( Ben Gardner’s head target!) but it looks like this ball eater mod also fixes that problem. Do you find it harder to register hits for shark encounters?

1 week later
#353 77 days ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I didn’t read everything thoroughly through, but is there an estimated time when the premium version will be available? Also, are you still taking orders for it?

Quoted from Laserbeak21:

Are you now closed to orders for people who want the pro?

I am still adding people to both lists. Sign up here
https://www.interactivepinball.com/jaws-the-ball-eater-list

#354 77 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

I found your review interesting, especially the part about the pro feeling more like an LE or premium in terms of registering hits on the shark for the bounty multiball. That is the one thing that I thought was quite a bit harder on the pro, having to hit that captive ball dead on to register hits to capture the shark. It seems the pop-up shark is a much bigger target and registers hits easier. I was wondering if someone would be able to modify the captive ball rail, something to hang off the front of the edge in order to make the ball a bigger target ( Ben Gardner’s head target!) but it looks like this ball eater mod also fixes that problem. Do you find it harder to register hits for shark encounters?

No registering hits for shark encounters is probably a bit easier with the mod.

#355 76 days ago

I'm having problems making your sign up link work on my computer, it never completes the link. I'd like to get added to your premium list. Thx.

#356 76 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

No registering hits for shark encounters is probably a bit easier with the mod.

Do you find catching shark bounties to be more equivalent to the premium/LE with this mod now? I feel the pop up shark to be a much easier target to hit than the smaller captive ball.

#357 69 days ago

As many times as the ball goes down under Ben Gardeners boat & I wait impatiently for the machine to finally spit it back up, the eat the ball mod for the LE can't come soon enough. People worry about it changing the gameplay but if that means not staring at the boat while I wait for the god dann ball search, that's great news!

#358 69 days ago
Quoted from Mutt:

As many times as the ball goes down under Ben Gardeners boat & I wait impatiently for the machine to finally spit it back up, the eat the ball mod for the LE can't come soon enough. People worry about it changing the gameplay but if that means not staring at the boat while I wait for the god dann ball search, that's great news!

That was fixed in code. When the boat eats the ball it spits it right back out. It’s in the settings.

#359 69 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That was fixed in code. When the boat eats the ball it spits it right back out. It’s in the settings.

I'm on .89. Code fix or not, it still takes forever & I sink it in there nonstop. Often when it spits it out & it rolls down playfield to a near SDTM, I'll catch it & immediately send it tight back in. 1 game today I'd did it 3 times back to back.

1 week later
#360 59 days ago

Hi all! I’m attempting to install the Pro kit, sans instructions. Not sure if I didn’t get the email link to the video or if I deleted by mistake. All I can find is the short video explaining how to add thread locker to the head motor screws. Does anyone have the link that they could PM me? I think I’ve got most of the underside done right, but not sure where to make the connections to the node board, etc. Also trying to figure out how the pieces on the topside go in. Thank You!!

IMG_3228 (resized).jpegIMG_3228 (resized).jpegIMG_3230 (resized).jpegIMG_3230 (resized).jpeg
#361 59 days ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Hi all! I’m attempting to install the Pro kit, sans instructions. Not sure if I didn’t get the email link to the video or if I deleted by mistake. All I can find is the short video explaining how to add thread locker to the head motor screws. Does anyone have the link that they could PM me? I think I’ve got most of the underside done right, but not sure where to make the connections to the node board, etc. Also trying to figure out how the pieces on the topside go in. Thank You!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent

#362 58 days ago

Install complete! Big thanks to rx2006je for the assistance with finding the installation video. Once complete, I had an issue with the micro switch on the VUK not registering. I removed it from the VUK housing and at first it didn’t seem to be clicking. After a little closer inspection I realized that the switch button only has a very small amount of travel between the open and closed positions. I put the switch back in, and there is a small amount of play to adjust that switch clockwise or counterclockwise. Turning it just a slight bit seemed to do the trick, and now it’s registering just fine. Great mod, and I can say with confidence that Shark Eat Ball is MUCH more fun than Ball Bash Boat.
Thank You Interactive Pinball!!

#363 58 days ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Install complete! Big thanks to rx2006je for the assistance with finding the installation video. Once complete, I had an issue with the micro switch on the VUK not registering. I removed it from the VUK housing and at first it didn’t seem to be clicking. After a little closer inspection I realized that the switch button only has a very small amount of travel between the open and closed positions. I put the switch back in, and there is a small amount of play to adjust that switch clockwise or counterclockwise. Turning it just a slight bit seemed to do the trick, and now it’s registering just fine. Great mod, and I can say with confidence that Shark Eat Ball is MUCH more fun than Ball Bash Boat.
Thank You Interactive Pinball!!

Nice work getting so far without the install video! The install video is on the purchase page but I have started including a QR code in the kit for the install instructions as well. Really glad you are enjoying your new mod! Call or text Trent with any install or opperation questions. 7788358433.

#364 58 days ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Nice work getting so far without the install video! The install video is on the purchase page but I have started including a QR code in the kit for the install instructions as well. Really glad you are enjoying your new mod! Call or text Trent with any install or opperation questions. 7788358433.

Also have your Hermit Ramp mod on a Zeppelin Pro.
You Sir, are a wizard…turning great games into amazing ones!
Cheers!

#365 52 days ago

Great mod. Got it installed, now all I want to do is shoot the boat. Thanks Trent, keep up the good work

#366 51 days ago

Arrived today safe and sound Trent. Gonna install when I get the upgraded Ben Gardner boat.

#367 49 days ago

Mine came friday but was away for the weekend & haven't had a chance to install it yet.

1 week later
#368 38 days ago

I love this mod! If it doesn’t win some kind of badass award, I will be disappointed. I can only imagine the time, effort, and energy that went into making this.

A couple quick questions, do we need an airball shield? I’m getting a lot of balls that ricochet off the shark and catch air as they come back. Anyone else running to this? Thanks!

1 week later
#369 27 days ago

Such a fantastic mod. I was originally hesitant to install the mod after I received it.....as I was having so much fun with the pin as is. However...after I installed the mod, I don't see myself going back to the original state. I highly recommend this mod.

3 weeks later
#370 2 days ago

I have installed many mods over the course of 20 some odd years in pinball. From 3rd magnet in TZ to Slinky Dog in Toy Story 4 to the original flashing posts by Steve Charland. I love mods, but have to say that most of the time the instructions and attention to detail are never quite right. Last night I installed “Jaws the Ball Eater” and not only were the instructions ALL there for anyone with a nut driver, a screwdriver and a little patience, the dog gone thing worked the first time I played it!

Most complicated mods are a bit of a pain because the instructions aren’t intuitive and the guy making them leaves out important stuff because… by the time they get to writing them, they have done it a hundred times and leave out stuff they wrongly guess you already know. Not here. This mod went in like butter, and, like I said… it worked.

Very impressed that not one new hole needed to be drilled… this mod mounts in existing holes and can be taken off and show not a trace that it had ever been there!

I am not here because I am getting anything out of this, I paid the big price tag, like everyone else. I don’t know Trent, the creator. But I am impressed with his work as it stands out among the many mods ever to come out for pinball. And, it just works! I can imagine it took him many hours to get all the parts to line up and it takes some beans upstairs to make it so that it will fit in many games put together slightly differently in the same factory.

I hope it holds up, as many of the parts are 3d printed, can’t say anything about that, just not in the know of how 3d materials hold up. Please consider making replacement sharks available.

One tiny suggestion… make a ”y connector” for the red LED. Alligator clips are cheesy and this mod deserves better.

Fun? You betcha! Not the prettiest shark in the tank but, hey… this thing gobbles the ball and spits it back to the flipper via the right habitrail in seconds. Every time I aim right.. which by the way is a challenge, but not too much so!

A- plus! Even with the alligator clips. Takes a great game and makes it even greater. Excellent job and thank you for your attention to detail with the install video, the game play boost and in the engineering!

IMG_0568 (resized).jpegIMG_0568 (resized).jpeg

#371 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

I have installed many mods over the course of 20 some odd years in pinball. From 3rd magnet in TZ to Slinky Dog in Toy Story 4 to the original flashing posts by Steve Charland. I love mods, but have to say that most of the time the instructions and attention to detail are never quite right. Last night I installed “Jaws the Ball Eater” and not only were the instructions ALL there for anyone with a nut driver, a screwdriver and a little patience, the dog gone thing worked the first time I played it!
Most complicated mods are a bit of a pain because the instructions aren’t intuitive and the guy making them leaves out important stuff because… by the time they get to writing them, they have done it a hundred times and leave out stuff they wrongly guess you already know. Not here. This mod went in like butter, and, like I said… it worked.
Very impressed that not one new hole needed to be drilled… this mod mounts in existing holes and can be taken off and show not a trace that it had ever been there!
I am not here because I am getting anything out of this, I paid the big price tag, like everyone else. I don’t know Trent, the creator. But I am impressed with his work as it stands out among the many mods ever to come out for pinball. And, it just works! I can imagine it took him many hours to get all the parts to line up and it takes some beans upstairs to make it so that it will fit in many games put together slightly differently in the same factory.
I hope it holds up, as many of the parts are 3d printed, can’t say anything about that, just not in the know of how 3d materials hold up. Please consider making replacement sharks available.
One tiny suggestion… make a ”y connector” for the red LED. Alligator clips are cheesy and this mod deserves better.
Fun? You betcha! Not the prettiest shark in the tank but, hey… this thing gobbles the ball and spits it back to the flipper via the right habitrail in seconds. Every time I aim right.. which by the way is a challenge, but not too much so!
A- plus! Even with the alligator clips. Takes a great game and makes it even greater. Excellent job and thank you for your attention to detail with the install video, the game play boost and in the engineering!
[quoted image]

Nice to see another glowing review! I should be getting mine this week for the pro.

#372 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

Could you show me what you mean by a “y connector”, I’d like to see if I can pick up what I need before it gets here.

#373 2 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

Nice to see another glowing review! I should be getting mine this week for the pro.

pro game is not the same without it now, playing it on location. I have a hard time playing it without the ball eater as it is way better and more fun. If I play it on location I go for the Premium as it plays close to the Pro ball eater version.

#374 38 hours ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

Could you show me what you mean by a “y connector”, I’d like to see if I can pick up what I need before it gets here.

This was just my suggestion to Trent. I'll make one later to install in mine- not sure of the connector size off hand.
You should be fine with the kit as it comes.
No worries.

IMG_9826 (resized).jpgIMG_9826 (resized).jpg
There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.