Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JoelOmatik
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7391 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

There needs to be one made.... that is all.

#2 7 years ago

And I def agree. New spooky table?

#3 7 years ago

I am shocked there has never at least been a shark themed machine! Could do so many bad ass things with a shark eating a pinball!

Or using something like creatures hologram with a shark!

#4 7 years ago

i am definelty in for one. started a thread about it a while ago

#6 7 years ago

4 big sharks in middle of playfield on Bally's 1989 Atlantis pinball machine, along with good looking ladies riding on dolphins on the backglass/translite.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

I am shocked there has never at least been a shark themed machine! Could do so many bad ass things with a shark eating a pinball!
    Or using something like creatures hologram with a shark!

There's this Aussie classic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/shark

N

IMG_7391 (resized).JPGIMG_7391 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

Classic? I can think of another word, but hey, I own a backglass!

#9 7 years ago

Yeh, I should say "classic".

1 month later
    #10 7 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

I am shocked there has never at least been a shark themed machine!

Since we're on the subject, I thought I'd share this. Many years ago, I came up with my own shark-themed, non-licensed game of my own: White Death. I only got to the whitewood stage and here is my half-assed attempt from 2000. Yes, I know, it looks crude and amateurish. Playfield "art" was made with markers to give an underwater appearance. Insert holes were traced, then freehand routed without a CNC. I used a WMS blank No Fear playfield to trace and cut the outhole/flipper/sling/trough locations. I have since attempted another whitewood this version with shot and insert variations, including attempts to utilize Rosh's awesome insert template design. It's a slow process, and I have yet to immerse myself in programming, metal/plastic fab and wiring.

Nonetheless, you can see where I was going with it. I thought to not reveal it until I made a working version, but it's taking too long, so screw it. In case Stern or somebody else DOES make a Jaws pin with a similar insert and shot layout, I can say that I was toying with the idea beforehand.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Since we're on the subject, I thought I'd share this. Many years ago, I came up with my own shark-themed, non-licensed game of my own: White Death. I only got to the whitewood stage and here is my half-assed attempt from 2000. Yes, I know, it looks crude and amateurish. Playfield "art" was made with markers to give an underwater appearance. Insert holes were traced, then freehand routed without a CNC. I used a WMS blank No Fear playfield to trace and cut the outhole/flipper/sling/trough locations. I have since attempted another whitewood this version with shot and insert variations, including attempts to utilize Rosh's awesome insert template design. It's a slow process, and I have yet to immerse myself in programming, metal/plastic fab and wiring.
    Nonetheless, you can see where I was going with it. I thought to not reveal it until I made a working version, but it's taking too long, so screw it. In case Stern or somebody else DOES make a Jaws pin with a similar insert and shot layout, I can say that I was toying with the idea beforehand.

That actually looks freakin cool!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Tons of inlays, I like the shark's teeth.

#13 7 years ago

Ya that actually is a great start to work with. You may wanna find some spare time to invest in the idea and push forward. Just my thoughts.
    -Mike

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Ya that actually is a great start to work with. You may wanna find some spare time to invest in the idea and push forward. Just my thoughts.
    -Mike

Appreciate the kind words. Even though pinball building is tough, I'm making an effort to learn more of the facets involved to make it less intimidating. The programming and wiring part is my main hurdle.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.