Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 81 votes
    22%
  • Premium 142 votes
    39%
  • LE 139 votes
    38%

(Multiple choice - 362 votes by 353 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
20240713_122147 (resized).jpg
IMG_8460 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8441 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4584.gif
IMG_4583.gif
3.  (resized).JPG
1.  (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
IMG_9419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9420 (resized).jpeg
20240708_232442 (resized).jpg
20240708_232431 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 116.
#101 5 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:But I do love they went with the iconic back glass on the pro.

I hate that they didn't on the Premium and yet for some reason went back to it on the LE. Almost made me buy an LE, but it's not worth $3500 to me and I can always buy a Pro translite eventually (I hope!). The one on the Premium is just fugly! I like the Pro cabinet art better too, but I can live with the Premium cabinet. That hideous translite needs to go though.

#102 5 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just saw the thread was back open, so has anyone received theirs other than the few locations I’ve seen with them on YouTube/Twitch?

Looks like 8 locations in Chicago and 3 in the Los Angeles area.

#103 5 months ago

We are getting our operator pro today, just outside of Seattle, WA. Hopefully LE’s hit the line next week. First NIB LE coming for my personal collection.

#104 5 months ago

14 Jaws is a bit.....excessive

pasted_image  (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#105 5 months ago

14….and I am still waiting on my ONE location game. Neat.

Quoted from kermit24:

14 Jaws is a bit.....excessive[quoted image]

#106 5 months ago

Super lucky to have helicon on our backyard.

I'm in for an LE but will prob swing by to check out the pro. Part of me wants to hold off and experience it for the first time on the LE though - Jaws is such a dream theme for me.....

Haven't tried EJ though so might go for the two for one.

#107 5 months ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

We are getting our operator pro today, just outside of Seattle, WA. Hopefully LE’s hit the line next week. First NIB LE coming for my personal collection.

Where's your pro gonna be? I'm in Ellensburg,

#108 5 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

14….and I am still waiting on my ONE location game. Neat.

Ditto.

#109 5 months ago

I posted this response in the non-owner thread while back, it was from Stern Sales when I was the lucky winner(?) of an LE as part of the insider group. Ii is now 20 days old, so who knows what has changed in production timing:

"That’s excellent to hear, congratulations! I don’t yet have a firm build date for the LE’s, but it should begin early to mid February. Thank you for the purchase, I know you’re going to love it!"

The issue I was commenting on (and took serious heat for) was if you are buying an LE directly from Stern and they charge you 100% of the MSRP before you even get to really see the game - Why are you after the distributors in shipments of LE?

It is not about the cost (I admit buying an LE at these prices sight unseen is not likely wise), it is about the idea of how they decide the order of production and shipments. Another pinsider sent me a great explanation and logic, so I can now accept the order of how they do the builds.

I suppose if we really think about it, it is a smart business model. Get as many low cost machines on the street to build excitement, ship LE to the people who buy millions each year so they can make higher profits and keep their customers happy, and leave the premiums to later when sounder minds prevail and people have had some play time.

All that said....I am still checking my inbox for a shipping notice several times a day with loads of excitement. The good news the credit card bill is already paid so the pain part is behind me....well maybe not trying to explain the logic that the LE (or any version) is a good use of our cash to my wife. That might continue for a long time. lol

#110 5 months ago

Ha, I didn't want to bug my distro again, so was going to see where/if anyone got their operator pro's yet...I see they all went to one place :-p

#111 5 months ago

Would be a good translight?

Screenshot_20240126_134050_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240126_134050_Gallery (resized).jpg
#112 5 months ago

Playfield toy and/or keychain…3” tall.

IMG_0802 (resized).jpegIMG_0802 (resized).jpegIMG_0805 (resized).jpegIMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
#113 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Playfield toy and/or keychain…3” tall.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#114 5 months ago
20240126_195541 (resized).jpg20240126_195541 (resized).jpg
#115 5 months ago

I'm getting ready!

#116 5 months ago

I paid for my LE in full 10 days ago. Distro said Stern is requiring this payment schedule. Hopefully delivery mid Feb.

#117 5 months ago

Sharks everywhere

IMG_1191.jpegIMG_1191.jpeg
#118 5 months ago

Are there alreadt renders made with different colors for powder coating?
I want to add these rails to my Pro version: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=291082440612307&set=a.118031197917433

But I am not sure if white is the best color for this machine.

#119 5 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Sharks everywhere
[quoted image]

IMG_9894 (resized).jpegIMG_9894 (resized).jpeg
#120 5 months ago

Just finished designing my 3D Flipper Toppers for JAWS. Please PM me if interested.

- 4 Piece Prem/LE = $30
- 3 Piece Pro = $25

Includes shark fin lowers, harpoon gun mini right, and chum blood spatter upper left (Prem/LE).

FT - JAWS (resized).jpgFT - JAWS (resized).jpgJAWS (resized).jpgJAWS (resized).jpg
#121 5 months ago

A location near me just got their Pro yesterday and I had a chance to play it today about 15 times. I think people are going to be very pleased with their orders.

One thing to note: it could have just been bad luck but the wire for the boat reel and the chum bucket were swapped. It took me a bit to notice and then I told the tech. He fixed it fast enough but be aware of that for the first handful out to homes.

#122 5 months ago

I played Jaws pro at Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights, Ohio tonight. The game is fantastic. Great shots and unique ball paths provide kinetic satisfaction. Plenty of flow, and there are tons of combo options. The movie clips and animation look amazing and are well integrated already even though it’s early code. It reminds me of Jurassic Park in a way, and it might be as good.

IMG_4382 (resized).jpegIMG_4382 (resized).jpeg
#123 5 months ago

Just needs a shark. I500 for effect.

IMG_2388 (resized).jpegIMG_2388 (resized).jpeg
#124 5 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Very cool!! I'm waiting on an LE as well. My distro estimated early March, I'm hoping they are setting low expectations that they believe they can beat!

Wait, what? Already? How did you get told? Email or did Distro give a time estimate?

#125 5 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

OP should add a poll to see what models people bought. I'm in on an LE just because it seems to annoy so many Pinsiders.

How could you Boob? After all we fought Stern about with the LE pricing?!??

Oh.. wait. Dammit.

#126 5 months ago

One thing artistically about the premium….
It has the original movie art on the left and right side of the backbox. Although I like the translite, I may replace it for the pro translite, thus having the complete original package. Also, Brody isn’t on the playfield, but at least there’s an image that depicts him on the cabinet art….,

#127 5 months ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

I played Jaws pro at Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights, Ohio tonight. The game is fantastic. Great shots and unique ball paths provide kinetic satisfaction. Plenty of flow, and there are tons of combo options. The movie clips and animation look amazing and are well integrated already even though it’s early code. It reminds me of Jurassic Park in a way, and it might be as good.
[quoted image]

NICE! Cant wait to get ours out on location, hopefully next week!!!

#128 5 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

It has the original movie art on the left and right side of the backbox. Although I like the translite, I may replace it for the pro translite, thus having the complete original package. Also, Brody isn’t on the playfield, but at least there’s an image that depicts him on the cabinet art….,

I wonder why they could put him on the cabinet but not the playfield?

#129 5 months ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I wonder why they could put him on the cabinet but not the playfield?

His face is not seen in the cabinet art, they can use a likeness of Roy Scheider from the back or side, just not allowed to have his face appear. There have been other Jaws collectables where no Brody is offered, apparently, his estate/family don't want him used in these things or they want too much $$$.

#130 5 months ago

Is this a pre-order club or an owners club?
Came here to see excited owners playing their freshly delivered games.
Nope.

#131 5 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Is this a pre-order club or an owners club?
Came here to see excited owners playing their freshly delivered games.
Nope.

One would think by now you would understand how pinside works… oh wait, you are just electing play one of the many miserable whiny bastards on here? Cool. Welcome.

#132 5 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

One would think by now you would understand how pinside works… oh wait, you are just electing play one of the many miserable whiny bastards on here? Cool. Welcome.

Well, well, there he is whining again. The unfriendly club monitor. “Whiny bastards”? Very nice

Excellent question Jason, games are just now getting out. 17 pros at Helicon.

#133 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, well, there he is whining again. The unfriendly club monitor.

Ha. Isn’t that rich: “I” am the whiner. Sure. You do you.

#134 5 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Which one did you get Billy G?

#135 5 months ago

Premium

#136 5 months ago

LE ordered - dream theme for us! Really liking what we’re seeing so far.

#137 5 months ago

Love the artwork but agree, the iconic back glass pic is cool

#138 5 months ago

My distributor is thinking second to third week of February for my LE. Here’s hoping!

#139 5 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

My distributor is thinking second to third week of February for my LE. Here’s hoping!

That sounds like a pretty good estimate. Won’t need much hope.

#140 5 months ago

I designed a keychain that might interest some Jaws owners or for launch parties. You can buy it from my Pinside shop of if you want to make your own, I'm sharing the 3D model in the link below.

https://www.printables.com/model/740617-jaws-pinball-keychain-v1

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1453-scottieia-mods/10220-jaws-keychain

#141 5 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Wait, what? Already? How did you get told? Email or did Distro give a time estimate?

Yep, when I gave my deposit.

#142 5 months ago

Ok, here we are, Monday January 29th, can anyone confirm what is on the line at Stern today?

#143 5 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Ok, here we are, Monday January 29th, can anyone confirm what is on the line at Stern today?

Last Friday they said Jaws Pro was on the line on the Factory Friday video.

#144 5 months ago

Pro ordered.

#145 5 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Sharks everywhere
[quoted image]

IMG_0002 (resized).jpegIMG_0002 (resized).jpegIMG_0003 (resized).jpegIMG_0003 (resized).jpeg
#146 5 months ago

Played the Jaws Premium at Ayce Gogi a few times. Happy to report for future owners, the layout feels very fresh, bash shark is great for the fast pace, and the movie clips are so well incorporated they almost feel like they were made for the game. Also, not an easy game, really a fight - but just damn addicting, wanting to see where the movie clips take you next and getting some more damn barrels on a damn shark. The EJ across the room, with its Windows 98 style slide show of old Elton pics, was not even in the same league creativity-wise, especially when it came to shots. Elwin orbits do such unexpected things (same with Labyrinth, which was also a great time).

#147 5 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The EJ across the room, with its Windows 98 style slide show of old Elton pics, was not even in the same league creativity-wise, especially when it came to shots..

I feel an Iceman shitting on Elwin rant coming, got to proclaim Ritchie still the kang with his recycled layout and schooling all the other designers.

#148 5 months ago

Get my pro tomorrow! Excited to get it out for people to play.

#149 5 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I feel an Iceman shitting on Elwin rant coming, got to proclaim Ritchie still the kang with his recycled layout and schooling all the other designers.

No, please...don't bring it over here, pls. The hype thread was bad enough...

#150 5 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah, feel a bit bad ripping on an SR layout, BK and STTNG are such amazing designs. But if he had the freedom and $ at JJP to do what he wanted, why a bland redo of that basic layout? You hit all the shots in all the possible ways in a half minute.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MO
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 48.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com

$ 27.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wyoming, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfields
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 116.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.