Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 81 votes
    22%
  • Premium 142 votes
    39%
  • LE 139 votes
    38%

(Multiple choice - 362 votes by 353 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6296 (resized).jpeg
20240718_225918 (resized).jpg
unnamed (resized).jpg
J85M Reel Mod (resized).jpg
J85M Wheel (resized).jpg
20240717_150321 (resized).jpg
theoffice-jim.gif
IMG_6252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6245 (resized).jpeg
sounder (resized).jpg
IMG_6072 (resized).jpeg
image_67193601 (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg
IMG_3078 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1720962430287 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,901 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 119.
#5101 31 days ago

I agree the center ramp is easier from the right flipper.

#5102 31 days ago

During a multiball, not sure if related to a particular multiball, but sometimes when a ball is stuck under the boat having gone down and draining last ball in play, there is a lengthy wait before ball search is activated to spit it out. In single ball play it goes straight to ball search and out in a sec and play resumes. Is there a setting to be adjusted for multiball spit or does code just need a fix in next update?

#5103 31 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m buying all kinds of spare parts for her.

I plan on keeping mine also, what parts did you stash away?
I want to make sure I have what I need in the future.

#5104 31 days ago

I made these out of clear acrylic this weekend for a bit more subtle effect. Tried the 3D printed white ones, but I like these better. Sort of a "mysterious creature of the depth" feeling.

IMG_4244 (resized).jpgIMG_4244 (resized).jpg
#5105 31 days ago

Jaws Pinball Tutorial

Flip N Out Pinball's Joel gives a game overview and a rules tutorial on Stern Pinball's Jaws pinball machine.

#5106 31 days ago

My right flipper felt like it's been losing power, stops flipping after 25 times, then slowly comes back. Anyone else have this issue? I hear this happens with Sterns in the past decade from some of the other posts?

This will be my 2nd service ticket for Jaws - the first being the fin motor assembly which they replaced quickly. However my GZ Premium with twice the plays is still almost perfect (sometimes the ball going into the building gets stuck and you have to nudge the table a bit, but that's pretty minor).

My Jaws Pro is from the first run in January if that helps. Maybe QC wasn't as good for that batch?

#5107 31 days ago
Quoted from Neph:

My Jaws Pro is from the first run in January if that helps. Maybe QC wasn't as good for that batch?

I always try to avoid buying a first run game if possible, just based on my experience with MET in 2013. The game has worked like a champ for 11 years, but the first 3 months were heck.

#5108 31 days ago

Topper day!

To answer your burning question, no, it isn’t worth $1K. But I have an unhealthy love for the Jaws billboard, so it was a no-brainer. Now, onto the topper.

Packaging was pretty standard. No issues.
IMG_1604 (resized).jpegIMG_1604 (resized).jpegIMG_1605 (resized).jpegIMG_1605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1606 (resized).jpegIMG_1606 (resized).jpegIMG_1607 (resized).jpegIMG_1607 (resized).jpeg

Quality is really good. Yup, it has flat plastics, but it looks great. The back panel has great detail.

IMG_1608 (resized).jpegIMG_1608 (resized).jpegIMG_1609 (resized).jpegIMG_1609 (resized).jpeg
Installation was straightforward. 5 minutes tops, no issues.
IMG_1610 (resized).jpegIMG_1610 (resized).jpeg

Gameplay integration. No idea, but it has RGB lighting and I’m sure will look great. The billboard flashes in attract mode.
IMG_1611 (resized).jpegIMG_1611 (resized).jpegIMG_1612 (resized).jpegIMG_1612 (resized).jpeg

Now I can get rid of this giant billboard in my gameroom.image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5109 31 days ago

No code update for the topper?

#5110 31 days ago
Quoted from awpepa:

No code update for the topper?

Not yet but there definitely will be. Hopefully soon now that they are rolling out.

#5111 31 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper day!
To answer your burning question, no, it isn’t worth $1K. But I have an unhealthy love for the Jaws billboard, so it was a no-brainer. Now, onto the topper.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Quality is really good. Yup, it has flat plastics, but it looks great. The back panel has great detail.
[quoted image]
Gameplay integration. No idea, but it has RGB lighting and I’m sure will look great. The billboard flashes in attract mode.
Now I can get rid of this giant billboard in my gameroom.[quoted image]

Congratulations, looks good on the LE. Some gameplay video would be cool

#5112 31 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper day!
[quoted image]

Nicely done. You inspired me to order one. Now I have to figure out where to put my lit up franchi jaw’s translite haha

#5113 31 days ago

The light show is the best ever from a Stern topper, and I’ve owned a lot. KISS is probably second. The BKSOR is still the best topper they’ve made, but the RGB light show is next level and incorporated *really* well.

- The sun flashes during game start up
- It goes dark during Night Swim with some purple sea effects and a shadow tracing the water like a shark fin
- Fish finder strobes green
- Various RGB effects with the modes
- The shadow and ripple effects are outstanding
IMG_1614 (resized).jpegIMG_1614 (resized).jpegIMG_1615 (resized).jpegIMG_1615 (resized).jpegIMG_1616 (resized).jpegIMG_1616 (resized).jpeg

#5114 31 days ago

Jaws Topper arrived today. Looks fine... but this is way overpriced at $999. Could've been more creative and interesting, such as the Godzilla Topper which I have and looks incredible.

IMG_4927 copy.jpgIMG_4927 copy.jpg
#5115 31 days ago

Did those who have been getting the topper already order direct from Stern or from a distributor?

#5116 31 days ago
Quoted from Geoffery:

Did those who have been getting the topper already order direct from Stern or from a distributor?

Was going to ask the same thing, I ordered within minutes of release from distro.

#5117 31 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper day!
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing the photos. I think it looks awesome. This is why I go OEM with my toppers, they integrate with gameplay better. I don't want just a static model on top of my game.

#5118 31 days ago
Quoted from Geoffery:

Stern direct, minutes after launch.

I did the same thing after the Alien topper launch. Still waiting…

#5119 31 days ago
Quoted from Geoffery:

Direct from Stern website

#5120 31 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The light show is the best ever from a Stern topper, and I’ve owned a lot. KISS is probably second. ...

Better than the James Bond topper?

#5121 31 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The light show is the best ever from a Stern topper, and I’ve owned a lot. KISS is probably second. The BKSOR is still the best topper they’ve made, but the RGB light show is next level and incorporated *really* well.
- The sun flashes during game start up
- It goes dark during Night Swim with some purple sea effects and a shadow tracing the water like a shark fin
- Fish finder strobes green
- Various RGB effects with the modes
- The shadow and ripple effects are outstanding
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you post some video of some of the effects you’re mentioning? Thanks

#5122 31 days ago

What did Gomez mean when he said, “You might want to flip the script and play as the great white.”

I can’t imagine the great white wizard mode turns you into the shark and you’re eating beach goers.

I’m thinking he’s eluding to something else. Possibly allowing you to unlock an entire new game and video assets. One where your playing as jaws and instead of saving beach goers your eating them. The wizard mode is when you eat quint. I for one think this is sick but at the same time I’ll probably enjoy it. lol.

#5123 31 days ago

Probably more like a bonus mode sort of like the Shark Hunter one.

#5124 31 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper day!
[quoted image]

Congrats with your topper(your place looks amazing!)…. and I’m impressed with that "Friday The 13th" Homebrew…

Cheers

#5125 31 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper day!
[quoted image]

I think the giant billboard should stay.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5126 31 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I think the giant billboard should stay.

Agreed. It’s pretty groovy.

#5127 31 days ago

Man, I even wore my Jaws billboard shirt today… Pinside wins, I’ll keep the wall banner.

#5128 31 days ago

A little late to the party because it took a while to find one in the wild. Unfortunately it was a pro. Honest assessment, we didn't like it. Seemed meh.. This weekend we run up to Pinball Palace in GA and played a bunch of newer releases - Labrynth, Looney Tunes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, BBQ, Jaws (LE), Elton John, Queen, and John Wick. Of course they have a HUGE selection of other pins too. I was absolutely shocked at how good the Jaws LE was. I can't believe the difference between the pro and LE (premium). Definitely the best new pin.. however honorable mention to TCM from Spooky and the JW pro was decent.. curious about the premium. Pro tip for you Jaws owners.. get these lights. The moving water at your feet was crazy cool.

20240615_154444 (resized).jpg20240615_154444 (resized).jpg20240615_154457 (resized).jpg20240615_154457 (resized).jpg

#5129 31 days ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

A little late to the party because it took a while to find one in the wild. Unfortunately it was a pro. Honest assessment, we didn't like it. Seemed meh.. This weekend we run up to Pinball Palace in GA and played a bunch of newer releases - Labrynth, Looney Tunes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, BBQ, Jaws (LE), Elton John, Queen, and John Wick. Of course they have a HUGE selection of other pins too. I was absolutely shocked at how good the Jaws LE was. I can't believe the difference between the pro and LE (premium). Definitely the best new pin.. however honorable mention to TCM from Spooky and the JW pro was decent.. curious about the premium. Pro tip for you Jaws owners.. get these lights. The moving water at your feet was crazy cool.

Care to elaborate on which lights these are?

#5130 31 days ago

hey chuck my flipper power on my left flipper was set to 215 no i couldnt not hit scar shot; lol

what are the reccomendations flipper settings on this game maxed our or what?

#5131 31 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Care to elaborate on which lights these are?

Wish I could.. the owner saw the idea online. Simple leds that create the water effect. I'm sure someone on here can track it down..

#5132 31 days ago

Any known bugs with the tiger shark? Had this happen to me on two separate games:

1. Collected tiger shark - during a 2-ball multiball, the Flip lock wouldn’t auto flip when the second ball went in.

2. Couldn’t catch tiger shark during bounty hunt multiball. The shark was continuously lit; hit the dam thing about 20 times. The 3 shark lights from the captive ball would go out and the shark would be flashing frantically, but subsequent shots did nothing. I’ve seen this happen a couple of times with tiger shark; and other times I’ve caught him with no problem just like other sharks. Bug? This is on a pro.

#5133 31 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

hey chuck my flipper power on my left flipper was set to 215 no i couldnt not hit scar shot; lol

I’m at factory. I’ve played with the chum line a few times. Still get random airballs but it’s only about once or twice every few games. I don’t have a chum line support mod, but have one on order.

#5134 31 days ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Hey, I was there that same weekend! You’re right, Pinball Palace in Brunswick, GA has a huge pin collection. Awesome place to go and play. Played Jaws LE as well and it was great. Beautiful machine in person. Invisiglass is nice. Water light effect was a nice bonus.

#5135 31 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

Hey, I was there that same weekend! You’re right, Pinball Palace in Brunswick, GA has a huge pin collection. Awesome place to go and play. Played Jaws LE as well and it was great. Beautiful machine in person. Invisiglass is nice. Water light effect was a nice bonus.

I was planning to stop by there on road trip, but just saw a post on their Facebook page that they’ve had to cease operations until at least July 1 because they were told the state laws were reinterpreted and they now need some new licenses in order to be in accordance.

#5136 31 days ago
Quoted from Parkman:

Jaws Topper arrived today. Looks fine... but this is way overpriced at $999. Could've been more creative and interesting, such as the Godzilla Topper which I have and looks incredible.
[quoted image]

“Not worth it / gotta have it” is the most Pinside thing ever. And I’m as guilty as anyone, just ordered Expression Lights for my FF Premium.

#5137 31 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

I was planning to stop by there on road trip, but just saw a post on their Facebook page that they’ve had to cease operations until at least July 1 because they were told the state laws were reinterpreted and they now need some new licenses in order to be in accordance.

That stinks. Hopefully they get back up and running soon. It’s an awesome place and nice owners. I’ve visited several times.

#5138 31 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I plan on keeping mine also, what parts did you stash away?
I want to make sure I have what I need in the future.

Plastic over fin assembly, fin assembly itself, target decal set so far.

#5139 31 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Default is recommended

#5140 31 days ago

I have a problem with the middle ramp. The ball gets stuck from tiem to time at the metal switch at the beginning of the return ramp. No chance to rattle it free. I am at 6.7, so should be steep enough.

Anybody having this issue as well?

#5141 31 days ago
Quoted from Zora:

I have a problem with the middle ramp. The ball gets stuck from tiem to time at the metal switch at the beginning of the return ramp. No chance to rattle it free. I am at 6.7, so should be steep enough.
Anybody having this issue as well?

Your 6.7 is fine. Slide the glass off the playfield and using your two hands pull the ramp up a little. There is enough flex in the ramp wire to allow it to come up and the ball to clear.

#5142 31 days ago
Quoted from acep51:

Your 6.7 is fine. Slide the glass off the playfield and using your two hands pull the ramp up a little. There is enough flex in the ramp wire to allow it to come up and the ball to clear.

As far as I remember the switch wire is at the top of the ramp, so that I should push the ramp down. I check it tonight. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

#5143 31 days ago
Quoted from Zora:

As far as I remember the switch wire is at the top of the ramp, so that I should push the ramp down. I check it tonight. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I'm thinking of the Scars ramp.

#5144 31 days ago

so, when i plunge into the reel, as the ball exits the reel, it hits the right hand side post on the exit and bounces across to the left of the playfield. Is this normal? It strikes me that the post is narrowing the right hand side entry to the reel (bounty shot, among other things). Video to show what i mean

#5145 31 days ago

Yes. Should go to the left flipper on plunge.

#5146 31 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Should go to the left flipper on plunge.

cool. thanks chuckwurt

#5147 31 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

so, when i plunge into the reel, as the ball exits the reel, it hits the right hand side post on the exit and bounces across to the left of the playfield. Is this normal? It strikes me that the post is narrowing the right hand side entry to the reel (bounty shot, among other things). Video to show what i mean

My machine ball exited straight down between both flippers 95 percent of the time. I replaced the black rubber bumper at the exit of the reel with a smaller one and now it works fine.

#5148 31 days ago
Quoted from acep51:

My machine the ball exited straight down between both flippers every time. I replaced the black rubber bumper at the exit of the reel with a smaller one and now it works fine.

When you say it works fine - does it follow a path similar to mine?

#5149 31 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

When you say it works fine - does it follow a path similar to mine?

No, it goes down to the right lower flipper.

#5150 30 days ago

Any word/rumors when the next run of Premiums will ship?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Wyoming, PA
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com

$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 799.00
Playfield - Plastics
CRCades

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Playfields
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 48.50
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 27.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,901 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.