Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 81 votes
    22%
  • Premium 142 votes
    39%
  • LE 139 votes
    38%

(Multiple choice - 362 votes by 353 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240713_122147 (resized).jpg
IMG_8460 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8441 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4584.gif
IMG_4583.gif
3.  (resized).JPG
1.  (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
IMG_9419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9420 (resized).jpeg
20240708_232442 (resized).jpg
20240708_232431 (resized).jpg
IMG_4866 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 116.
#5001 30 days ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Does anyone know if pinball life will have the white armor back in stock, or anyone else that offers?
https://www.pinballlife.com/jaws-white-armor-game-enhancement-kit-for-pro-premium-machines.html

We have 4 more sets still in the pipeline, but we do not have an ETA.
Terry.

#5002 30 days ago

Elizabeth said on Joel’s stream tonight the topper had like a month of coding for the integration and light show. You are paying for all of that in the price of this stuff (like it or not).

#5003 30 days ago

can someone please enlightened me i read the rules many time; question if you have 2 balls locked in multi ball how do you just release one ball and no both?

i guess if you have 2 locked you have to hold the button; then hold right flipper and hold button agaIN?

is this correct

#5004 30 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Elizabeth said on Joel’s stream tonight the topper had like a month of coding for the integration and light show. You are paying for all of that in the price of this stuff (like it or not).

I what world is the consumer price of a product determined by COGS (Cost of goods sold) alone? People here seem so hung up on "there is no more than 50 bucks worth of parts in the topper". Anyone think of the COGS on a gallon of gas, nope! Everyone understands that the price of gas is mostly determined by supply and demand.

Stern does exactly what EVERYONE else in business does, they are loyal to their share holders and try to maximize profit while minimizing risk. They stick their finger in the air to check which way the wind is blowing. As long as the customers are willing (pissed off or not) to pay 1000 bucks, that is what the price will be.

In this case it's strictly voluntary, opt in or opt out, it's your choice, but spare me the whining and hot emotions about how Stern is f...ing all of us over. They are doing what they are supposed to do, and I for one think they are doing it well! I am REALLY enjoying their products. A very small number of of them I buy, most of them I don't. The ones I don't buy I don't see the value proposition in, and I am not in any way shape or form pissed about this.

#5005 30 days ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really like the topper.
I agree that it's way too expensive for what you're getting, but it is what it is. Jaws is my favourite game of all time, and I want the official topper, so unfortunately I have to pay what they're asking.

Well, you ARE the victim here. What’s wrong with you/us/them?

Enabling. It’s easily defended gang.

#5006 30 days ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

I what world is the consumer price of a product determined by COGS (Cost of goods sold) alone? People here seem so hung up on "there is no more than 50 bucks worth of parts in the topper". Anyone think of the COGS on a gallon of gas, nope! Everyone understands that the price of gas is mostly determined by supply and demand.
Stern does exactly what EVERYONE else in business does, they are loyal to their share holders and try to maximize profit while minimizing risk. They stick their finger in the air to check which way the wind is blowing. As long as the customers are willing (pissed off or not) to pay 1000 bucks, that is what the price will be.
In this case it's strictly voluntary, opt in or opt out, it's your choice, but spare me the whining and hot emotions about how Stern is f...ing all of us over. They are doing what they are supposed to do, and I for one think they are doing it well! I am REALLY enjoying their products. A very small number of of them I buy, most of them I don't. The ones I don't buy I don't see the value proposition in, and I am not in any way shape or form pissed about this.

Precisely. Ask Rolex how they made out? Casio says hold my beer. I have no ill will towards Stern other than pricing structure.

As far as luxury purchases go pinball is the Kia of Cadillacs. Too big. Too heavy. Too many resources needed to own.

But dammit, she’s my girl. I ain’t paying for her upgrades unless it’s a top tier boob job, and this topper is poor liposuction at best.

#5007 30 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

can someone please enlightened me i read the rules many time; question if you have 2 balls locked in multi ball how do you just release one ball and no both?
i guess if you have 2 locked you have to hold the button; then hold right flipper and hold button agaIN?
is this correct

Are you talking about in the mini flipper lane? If you're on the latest code, you should not have to do anything at all.. The game detects when you have the second ball in there because it presses on the lane rollover switch and then should automatically flip one ball out.

#5008 30 days ago

Any word from Stern regarding there Jaws LE Manual
in the Light,Switch, and Driver Reference regarding the 2 Toppers?

Being that each uses a different Node and IP Address as mentioned in the manual.

Not going to buy the Billboard Topper if there is a Shark Attack topper coming in a week or 2......

Going to be a lot of annoyed Customers if this is the case after purchasing the Attack and then Shark topper gets released in a trailer!

#5009 30 days ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Any word from Stern regarding there Jaws LE Manual
in the Light,Switch, and Driver Reference regarding the 2 Toppers?
Being that each uses a different Node and IP Address as mentioned in the manual.
Not going to buy the Billboard Topper if there is a Shark Attack topper coming in a week or 2......
Going to be a lot of annoyed Customers if this is the case after purchasing the Attack and then Shark topper gets released in a trailer!

It’s been mentioned here in this thread a bunch of times that George Gomez has stated there is only 1 topper. Use the search function if you want to read it yourself

I wouldn’t be surprised if Stern does produce a more exciting topper when they release the 50th anniversary edition next year. They have not said they were doing that. However we have seen them do it plenty in the last few years(JP, Elvira).

Wait for it. Super Limited 50th Anniversary Edition Jaws with shark attack topper in 2025 lol.

#5010 30 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Telling people how to spend their hard-earned money is not cool either.

What!? Isn't that why we listen to Pinball Podcasts?

#5011 30 days ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Are you talking about in the mini flipper lane? If you're on the latest code, you should not have to do anything at all.. The game detects when you have the second ball in there because it presses on the lane rollover switch and then should automatically flip one ball out.

He might be talking about when you have 2 balls flip-locked and you lose the 3rd. Nothing you can do in this case but wait for it to time out.

#5012 30 days ago

Telling people how to spend their hard-earned money is not cool either.
How do you like you Jaws?

Oh, relax. I gave no directives; I merely pointed out an OPTION.

#5013 30 days ago

If you lock with 1 ball in there, the game recognizes that and anytime a 2nd ball goes traps in mini lane, game automatically releases 1 ball and traps the second ball.

But if locking with 2 or more balls in mini lane, then as far I can tell, it’s all or nothing. Can’t release a single ball. I could be wrong, this is just my understanding so far.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

is this correct

#5014 30 days ago

For everyone butt hurt about the official topper, here’s another option hitting shelves in August.

IMG_1594 (resized).jpegIMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
#5015 30 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

For everyone butt hurt about the official topper, here’s another option hitting shelves in August. [quoted image]

There’s quite a bit going on there. Probably has a price of $2499, right?

#5016 30 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

There’s quite a bit going on there. Probably has a price of $2499, right?

I’m not sure yet. Lego is tentatively offering a differentiated price model depending on the level of topper outrage.

General butt-hurtedness will be around $99, ‘topper garbage outrage’ is $199, but anyone creating ‘Greedy $tern’ memes will be charged $3000.

#5017 30 days ago

Here is my theory. I imagine it’s completely wrong

Jaws was a game they had sitting for a while correct? It was completed before Bond 60th I tbink. It’s entirely possible they planned on releasing it last year and then dropping a new LE version this year for the anniversary with an exclusive topper.

Then Jaws got delayed, the “LE” got scrapped after the response to JP 30th and the “shark attack” topper was scrapped along with it.

#5018 30 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s been mentioned here in this thread a bunch of times that George Gomez has stated there is only 1 topper.

George has said a few things in the past and was later not correct, So still not 100% convinced on the 1 Topper.
Going to get my Distro to find out more from Stern and wee what they reply to them.

P.s I did ask in a live stream when Elizabeth was in chat last week, and she never said anything regarding being only 1 topper when I asked about there being 2 in the manual.

#5019 30 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I’m wondering,
IF there was a second Topper for JAWS,
Likely would have been announced together, no?
If not, then you now have owners buying the first announced topper. Can’t just announce another one and have people committed to the first topper. Doesn’t make sense.
I’m guessing there is only 1 Topper for Jaws … ?[quoted image]

I wonder instead of an alternate topper, which will cause pinside to lose its collective mind, but instead is a topper mode, similar to goat mode on JP, which was underwhelming. Either way, I'm not buying, and I usually buy one.

#5020 30 days ago

Had a great time streaming last night with Elizabeth! Feel free to watch if you want to learn more rules info from the coder herself!

#5021 30 days ago

Updated to .90 code when it was released and have played a bunch of games. Now getting the "Game Validation Error, Update SD card " message. First time I have experienced this.

Is the protocol still to let the game idle on until it goes away in 30 minutes to 2 hour time period ?

Was this purported to be a bug in earlier code ? If so it still exists in .90 code

Edit - update : left the game on for an hour and the message went away. I do not use interconnect either so I don't think this is a wifi type issue.

#5022 30 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I wonder instead of an alternate topper, which will cause pinside to lose its collective mind, but instead is a topper mode, similar to goat mode on JP, which was underwhelming. Either way, I'm not buying, and I usually buy one.

The old goat mode. What a disappointment that is Mark!

#5023 30 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Updated to .90 code when it was released and have played a bunch of games. Now getting the "Game Validation Error, Update SD card " message. First time I have experienced this.
Is the protocol still to let the game idle on until it goes away in 30 minutes to 2 hour time period ?
Was this purported to be a bug in earlier code ? If so it still exists in .90 code

I know a lot of people have said that leaving the game on for 5-6 hours was the cure, so I would likely go with what worked for the most people.

However, I have gotten this issue twice and both times checked my wireless connection and found it to be down. For me, both times, resetting the wifi and signing back into my network solved the issue immediately. Obviously could be a few different things causing this, but could be worth a try if the wait-and-see method isn't working.

#5024 30 days ago
Quoted from MIDLIFEarcade:

I know a lot of people have said that leaving the game on for 5-6 hours was the cure, so I would likely go with what worked for the most people.
However, I have gotten this issue twice and both times checked my wireless connection and found it to be down. For me, both times, resetting the wifi and signing back into my network solved the issue immediately. Obviously could be a few different things causing this, but could be worth a try if the wait-and-see method isn't working.

I have not connected my game by Wifi - I do not use interconnect. I left the game on for 1 hour and the message went away.

#5025 30 days ago

I’m worried that this new “game validation” is going make it impossible to make even small changes to the code without getting that persistent SD card error. I just want to change the end music to match the movie, getting tired of Spanish Ladies.

Maybe Stern will take it out until they can figure out how to stop getting false errors?

#5026 29 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

What!? Isn't that why we listen to Pinball Podcasts?

Ha ha!

I keep my $5 every month and put it towards toppers!

#5027 29 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Oh, relax. I gave no directives; I merely pointed out an OPTION.

I am fully chilled.

So.. How do you like Jaws pinball machine? Do you own one? Are you a fan of the game?

#5028 29 days ago

I am fully chilled.
So.. How do you like Jaws pinball machine? Do you own one? Are you a fan of the game?

The theme is huge for me (even though I’m FAR more annoyed by the omission of Chief Brody than missing guns on John Wick), and I plan to get a used Premium later on down the road when the price is more aggreeable to me. (I can’t do modern NIB prices, so I don’t go for ‘em.)

#5029 29 days ago

Ha ha!
I keep my $5 every month and put it towards toppers!

MY MAN! Keeping it real. I love it. Good on you Sir! I’m the same way.

#5030 29 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just think, in 16.5 years, you'll have free topper money

#5031 29 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just think, in 16.5 years, you'll have free topper money

I’ll still own my Jaws. Damned if I’m not in love with that machine. I’m buying all kinds of spare parts for her.

I may eventually cave on a stern topper. I’m that kind of dumb with this hobby. All talk and gawk without the walk.

#5032 29 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’ll still own my Jaws. Damned if I’m not in love with that machine. I’m buying all kinds of spare parts for her.
I may eventually cave on a stern topper. I’m that kind of dumb with this hobby. All talk and gawk without the walk.

Jaws le is pretty much bolted here. I'd buy that topper at $600, max,,, maybe.

#5033 29 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

Pay a little extra for that awesome topper I just got Rick.

You love Jaws. Don’t want to end up with that POS Stern topper

#5034 29 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pay a little extra for that awesome topper I just got Rick.
You love Jaws. Don’t want to end up with that POS Stern topper

It's beautiful and he'll sell the last one. My friend couldn't afford it, and I realized I wanted one that interacted with the gameplay more, so I passed on it. It's an incredible piece of art and I'd be more inclined to put it someplace where it could be admired by anyone visiting. But I'm sticking with the flat plastic crap for my LE, sadly. I do wish it was better.

#5035 29 days ago

Anyone able to do a mock-up of how the Le (or pro) will look with the Stern topper?
Looks a little underwhelming on the premium, just curious as to how it’ll look by comparison with the Le art packaging

#5036 29 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ha ha! If I want to laugh my head off I will just sit with my family.. We have a real international circus going on.

#5037 29 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

We are all dumb when it comes to this hobby.. It is a lot of fun, though!

#5038 29 days ago

I feel like this is my best Stern game for what I like.

Love so many but Jaws is #1 for me

#5039 29 days ago

#5040 29 days ago

To me Jaws and JP are neck and neck in terms of the best Stern games. I feel like Jaws may very well surpass JP when the code is complete!

#5041 29 days ago

The custom “Orca” topper by tpro333 is impressive looking. And more expensive, for those complaining about price.

Question though. How much of the interior of the boat, which he obviously labors intensively over, are you going to see on top of your pinball machine? None.

Do as you will.

#5042 29 days ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

So your statement in short is don't like the price don't buy it... its an option.

It's always just been an option to buy stern pinball products. The problem is the option now cost 500% more than it did not so long ago.

Your lecture to us about cogs and crap and their business model with share holder responsibilities is just white noise and pissing in the wind. Listening to someone preaching to the converted clearly is quite popular on pinside stil.lEverybody in this hobby knows their model and the deal. Bottom line is their topper sucks arse creatively and the unit price is unjustifiable and borderline criminal. Customers have a stake also in the business model as they do play a major part seeing its the customer that buys all this shit. Stern have been pissing off the customer base for a while now and it ain't a good business model to continue to do that.

#5043 29 days ago

Is anyone having a problem with "ball hopping" in the flipper inlanes? When the ball is traveling at a decent speed, this isn't a problem, but when the ball is moving slowly, especially just after a trap, it always "hops" when it transfers from the "Flipper Return Frame" to my flipper (both sides). I noticed there is a slight gap between the metal frame and the flipper that's causing it. It really makes the timing of the shots, difficult.

I havent seen this on the few machines ive watched on youtube and im pretty sure the ball guide cant be "adjusted" and the flipper cant be adhusted in that direction... Do i have the wrong "guides"? Are others seeing this?

Any help you can provide, tips, insight, etc is very appreciated!

#5044 29 days ago

You sure the screws aren’t just loose?

#5045 29 days ago
Quoted from Sjudkins:

Is anyone having a problem with "ball hopping" in the flipper inlanes? When the ball is traveling at a decent speed, this isn't a problem, but when the ball is moving slowly, especially just after a trap, it always "hops" when it transfers from the "Flipper Return Frame" to my flipper (both sides). I noticed there is a slight gap between the metal frame and the flipper that's causing it. It really makes the timing of the shots, difficult.
I havent seen this on the few machines ive watched on youtube and im pretty sure the ball guide cant be "adjusted" and the flipper cant be adhusted in that direction... Do i have the wrong "guides"? Are others seeing this?
Any help you can provide, tips, insight, etc is very appreciated!

Try loosening the screws on the inlane ball guide, nudging them toward the back box, and retightening them while still nudging. Doing this helps with flipper hop on my JP.

#5046 29 days ago

Jaws “pingulp”…..$11.00

IMG_5711 (resized).jpegIMG_5711 (resized).jpeg

#5047 29 days ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Had a great time streaming last night with Elizabeth! Feel free to watch if you want to learn more rules info from the coder herself!

Absolutely fantastic stream. Thanks for sharing.

#5048 29 days ago
Quoted from John1210:

So your statement in short is don't like the price don't buy it... its an option.
It's always just been an option to buy stern pinball products. The problem is the option now cost 500% more than it did not so long ago.
Your lecture to us about cogs and crap and their business model with share holder responsibilities is just white noise and pissing in the wind. Listening to someone preaching to the converted clearly is quite popular on pinside stil.lEverybody in this hobby knows their model and the deal. Bottom line is their topper sucks arse creatively and the unit price is unjustifiable and borderline criminal. Customers have a stake also in the business model as they do play a major part seeing its the customer that buys all this shit. Stern have been pissing off the customer base for a while now and it ain't a good business model to continue to do that.

You boil down my statement pretty well, but you miss one important point. That is "why get angry at Stern".

I don't see my post as a lecture, rather a "Non pissed off customer" voicing my opinion on the matter, just like you just voiced yours "suck arse, borderline criminal, all this shit". Personally I am in this hobby for enjoyment, not frustration and anger.

#5049 29 days ago

Want that LE look with the new addon expression speaker lights? Pick up a set of Jaws LE style speaker inserts. Complete the look of your machine with this easy drop in add on. Check out the photo of them installed on a customers machine.
Find them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1618-dr-pinball/10871-jaws-le-style-speaker-insert

IMG_1460 (resized).jpegIMG_1460 (resized).jpegIMG_8900 (resized).jpegIMG_8900 (resized).jpeg
#5050 29 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Want that LE look with the new addon expression speaker lights? Pick up a set of Jaws LE style speaker inserts. Complete the look of your machine with this easy drop in add on. Check out the photo of them installed on a customers machine.
Find them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1618-dr-pinball/10871-jaws-le-style-speaker-insert[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a photo comparing your’s and the original side by side? This looks amazing and what the expression light kit was missing. Thank you for making it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
PinSteps for Jaws Pre-order!
PinShades

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Antonio, TX
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shoreham, NY
$ 74.99
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mead, WA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

$ 210.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 189.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
CRCades

There are 5,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 116.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.