IMG_2287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).png
ecfe933e-799c-43a0-b1cf-ec91d280cc9b (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3015 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
a301699a-1d0b-45ca-8fbf-d48b8dc2a519 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.
#951 41 days ago

Anyone try mirror blades?

#952 40 days ago

Been working on vinyl wrap wood grain look which I thought would look good. Kinda going with the Orca theme on the Premium. Bring the immersion even deeper. This has a real wood grain like feel. Still debating on doing the legs guess I'll have to try one and see how it looks. If not I'll just leave them black. I like this method because it can go back to "stock" easily at any time.

20240604_142452 (resized).jpg20240604_142452 (resized).jpg20240604_142501 (resized).jpg20240604_142501 (resized).jpg20240604_142535 (resized).jpg20240604_142535 (resized).jpg20240604_142640 (resized).jpg20240604_142640 (resized).jpg
#953 39 days ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Been working on vinyl wrap wood grain look which I thought would look good. Kinda going with the Orca theme on the Premium. Bring the immersion even deeper. This has a real wood grain like feel. Still debating on doing the legs guess I'll have to try one and see how it looks. If not I'll just leave them black. I like this method because it can go back to "stock" easily at any time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it looks pretty sweet. Definitely ups the nautical theme. Would definitely like to see pics when the legs done. If you could find a way to put some strategic barnacles along the wood grain, that would rock!

#954 39 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

I think it looks pretty sweet. Definitely ups the nautical theme. Would definitely like to see pics when the legs done. If you could find a way to put some strategic barnacles along the wood grain, that would rock!

Looks supercool! Is it a special vinyl wrap for cars or a simple one for furniture or doors you can get on amazon?
Great work!

#955 39 days ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

I was going to powder coat in white like an LE, but you have me really considering going another route like this. It looks pretty sharp. I did see this type of vinyl on Amazon pretty reasonable. I assume you removed the "T" molding to adhere those pieces? Doing the legs may be over kill, but powder coating them in a deep ocean blue may be the ticket.

#956 39 days ago
Quoted from ScubaScott:

I was going to powder coat in white like an LE, but you have me really considering going another route like this. It looks pretty sharp. I did see this type of vinyl on Amazon pretty reasonable. I assume you removed the "T" molding to adhere those pieces? Doing the legs may be over kill, but powder coating them in a deep ocean blue may be the ticket.

I did have to remove the tmolding to install.
Thanks

#957 39 days ago
Quoted from elschotti:

Looks supercool! Is it a special vinyl wrap for cars or a simple one for furniture or doors you can get on amazon?
Great work!

This is what I used,
Thank you. Patience, scissor, ecaxto knife, scotch tape, heat gun is all I used for install.

Screenshot_20240604_144610_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240604_144610_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#958 39 days ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

This is what I used,
Thank you. Patience, scissor, ecaxto knife, scotch tape, heat gun is all I used for install.
[quoted image]

Cool thanks for the info!

#959 38 days ago

I’m shocked the sculpt on this fish tank statue came out so good, especially for how small it is. Even has a glossy shine. May need a few paint touch ups, but right out of the box it’s nice… and not expensive. They have bigger sizes, too.

IMG_7552 (resized).jpegIMG_7552 (resized).jpeg
#961 36 days ago

I'm not the designer of this mod but I printed this in clear TPU and my air ball problem on my Jaws Premium is fixed. I used to get balls that would rocket off the chum line to the back right corner of the game. No longer happens. The light show still comes through great as well! Highly recommend the mod.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6597974

#962 35 days ago

This could be a new pop bumper topper option. It’s from Jaws 2, but could look pretty cool lit from the light of the bumper from below.

IMG_7561 (resized).jpegIMG_7561 (resized).jpeg
#963 35 days ago

This fits perfectly on the pop bumper. Did some paint and stain touch up (before and after pics). Turned out pretty decent.

IMG_7563 (resized).jpegIMG_7563 (resized).jpeg
#964 33 days ago

Can probably make that Jaws topper pretty easy. Expect a lot of suppliers will improve on it.

#965 33 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

Can probably make that Jaws topper pretty easy. Expect a lot of suppliers will improve on it.

Agreed!

#966 32 days ago

I bought a chum line mod from wolffclub on Pinside and hoping someone may have the install instructions or be able to assist with the installation. I have messaged the seller a couple of times but unfortunately they are not replying.

Did anyone else buy this mod and install it successfully?

IMG_9002 Large (resized).jpegIMG_9002 Large (resized).jpeg
#967 32 days ago

Thought I would share my custom topper for Jaws. I'm only making 5 of them. 1 already has a home but the other 4 are still available.

JAWS CUST PIC 1 (resized).jpgJAWS CUST PIC 1 (resized).jpgJAWS TOPPER PIC 1 (resized).jpgJAWS TOPPER PIC 1 (resized).jpgJAWS TOPPER PIC 2 (resized).jpgJAWS TOPPER PIC 2 (resized).jpgJAWS TOPPER PIC 4 (resized).jpgJAWS TOPPER PIC 4 (resized).jpg
#968 32 days ago

TPRO333 How much are they w/ US shipping?

#969 32 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

I bought a chum line mod from wolffclub on Pinside and hoping someone may have the install instructions or be able to assist with the installation. I have messaged the seller a couple of times but unfortunately they are not replying.
Did anyone else buy this mod and install it successfully?[quoted image]

I had the rocket city one in my game and swapped it out for this one. It’s pretty easy to install but there are specific instructions that you need to follow so keep trying him

#970 32 days ago
Quoted from TPRO333:

Thought I would share my custom topper for Jaws. I'm only making 5 of them. 1 already has a home but the other 4 are still available. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool, I think without the jaws letters it would look better. Can you do this and how much will it be ?

#971 32 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Looks cool, I think without the jaws letters it would look better. Can you do this and how much will it be ?

Yes I can make them without the letters. Just message me.

#972 31 days ago

https://www.facebook.com/share/Gxhk9okrg29uuSzy/?mibextid=oFDknk

Just saw this topper posted.

Screenshot_20240612_165030_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240612_165030_Facebook (resized).jpg
#974 31 days ago
Quoted from Chris25810:

I had the rocket city one in my game and swapped it out for this one. It’s pretty easy to install but there are specific instructions that you need to follow so keep trying him

Thanks very much for your feedback. I didn't get any instructions with mine with is a little frustrating. I have messaged the seller twice over the past few weeks but haven't got a reply. Maybe he didn't see my messages?? Any chance you still have the instructions that came with yours?

#975 30 days ago

Want that LE look with the new addon expression speaker lights? Pick up a set of Jaws LE style speaker inserts. Complete the look of your machine with this easy drop in add on. Check out the photo of them installed on a customers machine.
Find them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1618-dr-pinball/10871-jaws-le-style-speaker-insert

IMG_1460 (resized).jpegIMG_1460 (resized).jpegIMG_8900 (resized).jpegIMG_8900 (resized).jpeg
#976 29 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Want that LE look with the new addon expression speaker lights? Pick up a set of Jaws LE style speaker inserts. Complete the look of your machine with this easy drop in add on. Check out the photo of them installed on a customers machine.
Find them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1618-dr-pinball/10871-jaws-le-style-speaker-insert

Looks good. I'd buy one if you made one for the Premium speaker size.

#977 29 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Looks good. I'd buy one if you made one for the Premium speaker size.

Do you mean the 4” speakers. If so I can work on making one for that size. These are made for the 5.25” speakers

#978 29 days ago

Premium back glass is just not classic Jaws. Don’t like it.

#979 29 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Premium back glass is just not classic Jaws. Don’t like it

Agree 100 percent. I think this is the same artist who worked on the Rush playfield??

#980 29 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Agree 100 percent. I think this is the same artist who worked on the Rush playfield??

Correct, Michael Barnard.

#981 27 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Find them here:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does anyone know if the official stern speaker light kits will allow us to upgrade the speakers to the 5 1/4 inch speakers? Or are they only compatible with the smaller speakers?

I'd like to get these inserts along with the bigger speakers and the official Stern speaker lights.

#982 27 days ago
Quoted from Brexfast89:

Does anyone know if the official stern speaker light kits will allow us to upgrade the speakers to the 5 1/4 inch speakers? Or are they only compatible with the smaller speakers?
I'd like to get these inserts along with the bigger speakers and the official Stern speaker lights.

In a wait and see pattern at them moment. No time table on their release. My expression lights are on pre order. I already have the 5.25 speaker in my game with Doug’s speaker light kit. I am leaning toward they will allow you to use your 5.25 speakers. If you look at the picture close up from the set on the premium you can see the 4” speakers set back and the expression light rings are up on the front. Appears to be the same set up that an LE has for the 5.25 speakers with a bracket to use the 4” speaker added on and pushed back. My guess is you will have to use the 5.25 inch speaker plate and it will work like the LE. But will know for sure when they start shipping.

IMG_1462 (resized).pngIMG_1462 (resized).png
#983 22 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Theres nothing wrong with the Rush playfield art.

#984 21 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Theres nothing wrong with the Rush playfield art.

As a Rush LE owner, I must disagree. The cartoonish painting of the three guys right in the middle of the playfield kind of ruins it for me.

#985 21 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

As a Rush LE owner, I must disagree. The cartoonish painting of the three guys right in the middle of the playfield kind of ruins it for me.

Still easier on the eyes than AC/DC pro...

#986 21 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I do not look at them when I play. Neil image is just not right.

#987 21 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I do not look at them when I play. Neil image is just not right.

Agreed. I'm not focused on them when I play, either. But then I step away...

#988 20 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Its the art the band requested and approved. You cant blame the artist for that.

#989 20 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Its the art the band requested and approved. You cant blame the artist for that.

Who says I'm blaming anybody? I just said it sucks.

But speaking of Jaws mods...I'm still waiting on an Orca boat wrap for the prem/LE!

#990 19 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Unfortunately, Neil was deceased at that time and had no input.

#991 19 days ago

NO ESCAPE! JAWS Pinball MOD by CRCades due to be revealed 7/1 for the 4th of July Holiday!

Here is a link to the main thread for the MOD that will have the full scoop as it is released https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-escape-jaws-pinball-mod-by-crcades-due-to-be-revealed-7-1

#992 19 days ago
Quoted from CRCades:

NO ESCAPE! JAWS Pinball MOD by CRCades due to be revealed 7/1 for the 4th of July Holiday!
Here is a link to the main thread for the MOD that will have the full scoop as it is released https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-escape-jaws-pinball-mod-by-crcadescom-due-to-be-revealed-7-1#post-8236948

Grumpy mrmikeman day:

How to tell everyone you're a Gen Z without saying it:
"I would like to make an announcement to announce that I will be making an announcement in X days/weeks/whatever."

Just make your announcement already. Seriously. Just add the "Will be available to order on XX July 2024". Must be my Gen X DNA but I find these announcement of announcements annoying as hell and they make me actually LESS likely to buy.

#993 19 days ago

with me rapidly closing in on 70 I would be pre gen X thank you... since this is a MOD thread and several have been anticipating this release I would think its appropriate here and to announce that it will be out in a few days.

#994 19 days ago
Quoted from CRCades:

with me rapidly closing in on 70 I would be pre gen X thank you... since this is a MOD thread and several have been anticipating this release I would think its appropriate here and to announce that it will be out in a few days.

All good. I agree this is the right the place to announce it'll be available for purchase. I am just questioning the need for a pre-announcement. It's obviously ready to go. So just announce it

I get some younger folks need hype but a clip of the movie isn't hype - the game is full of clips. A picture or video of your mod would hype things way more!

I'm just getting too old I guess. I also don't get the unboxing vids lol. It's cardboard. Get rid of it.

#995 19 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

All good. I agree this is the right the place to announce it'll be available for purchase. I am just questioning the need for a pre-announcement. It's obviously ready to go. So just announce it

much better way to present that... I will release it on 7/1 when the video is ready, thanks. Besides, that fits the attack date better from the movie.

#996 19 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I get some younger folks need hype but a clip of the movie isn't hype - the game is full of clips. A picture or video of your mod would hype things way more!
I'm just getting too old I guess. I also don't get the unboxing vids lol. It's cardboard. Get rid of it.

here are a few photos from the original concept work 4 months ago... things have progressed. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-mod-thread/page/4#post-8002307

#997 19 days ago
Quoted from CRCades:

here are a few photos from the original concept work 4 months ago... things have progressed. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-mod-thread/page/4#post-8002307

Now I am hyped. See? It worked

#998 18 days ago

Finally got the orka mod on and I love it!
Dis have to take the glass off to shift the Orka piece as it was catching the boat when it would go up.

20240625_204244 (resized).jpg20240625_204244 (resized).jpg
#999 18 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Finally got the orka mod on and I love it!
Dis have to take the glass off to shift the Orka piece as it was catching the boat when it would go up.
[quoted image]

Looks great. Does this mod obstruct your vision of the ball entering the upper playfield?

#1000 17 days ago
Quoted from smokey789:

Anyone try mirror blades?

I have mirror blades, they look awesome on jaws, though airballs on the right side have made some divots in the mirror ;(

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
FlipMods

$ 17.50
$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cosmic Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Durango, CO
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 195.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cosmic Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.