(Topic ID: 327469)

Jaws Is it next?

By whthrs166

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sharkula_1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3757 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    shark (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    received_564789922109399 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20220529_180101357 (resized).jpg
    jaws (resized).jpg
    44D96922-A1C1-4284-9603-EBE7BFC0A579 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    6DA6FE15-7BF6-454A-A9BB-0E43BF3F7B0D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 12.52.25 PM (resized).png
    08D7AE27-AEAE-4D9C-9E2F-925DE56FB775 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flowst.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

So what do we do when we run out of ancient themes? When all the old movies/cartoons/rock bands are done?
    Do we finally die, knowing the industry made zero effort trying to appease the younger market, thus making no attempts to keep pinball alive for the future?

Cell phone, TikTok, instagram, and blaming everyone else are coming right up to save the day!

#22 1 year ago

In an effort to stay positive and constructive, can you suggest a theme specifically that would bridge the gap?

Based upon personal experience, I would suggest theme is not the problem, but more of a lack of interest in pinball by the majority of the population confronted by modern technology.

A trend that slowly began many years ago.

Jaws was an incredible movie, the sequels and reboots, not so much

#25 1 year ago

Possibly I am mistaken here, but wasn't the recent Stern issue of TMNT (seeing one already in existence from Data East) a shot at the millenial nostalgia market?

I will let you decide how successful that selection was.

A Jaws pin could be either a hit or a failure; This would depend on the game design, sounds, visuals, play etc.

#59 1 year ago

My life is over! My entire pinball collection is old! And damnit, the themes are all old too!

The legends of pinball handed me the baton, and said "James! Go forth and usher in a glorious era of pinball! Lead the youth and be enthralled!"

I will tell you this, I have had many parties, and the kids of my guests are bored of EVERYTHING in 5 minutes. This includes air hockey, skeeball, pinball, hoops fever, vintage arcade, modern arcade, xbox on an 85" TV.

Its right to their phones and ignore the environment around them.

Bring on Jaws, awesome theme.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flowst.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-is-it-next-?tu=Flowst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.