(Topic ID: 229299)

JAWS confidence level

By PINQUEST

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

554F1201-155D-412C-A560-20F2C3E9B6E2 (resized).jpeg
    20190915_025009 (resized).jpg
    EF50C775-EC9A-45F2-9CC7-58128CFECF5D (resized).jpeg
    Jaws-Board-Game-Trailer-Target (resized).jpg
    E5272B98-0616-4E4E-A501-144B7991CE84 (resized).jpeg
    jaws_mrclean_stern (resized).png
    no-really-is-this-a-joke (resized).jpg
    E8687C1E-0615-4522-9439-33D11F924F16 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_130256 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    B9E2201A-CCE9-4836-AEFB-0EBF6BB13068 (resized).jpeg
    4EA8826D-565D-4BD7-86EB-1810161C0A00 (resized).jpeg
    47574469-4C8C-4CCC-BF1A-4A782AAD3C47 (resized).jpeg
    Jaws_pop1 (resized).jpg
    Jaws_pop2 (resized).jpg
    847fe77d777ecdd976000a9b68a37a40c979abe0.jpg
    There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 4 years ago

I think that "Jaws" was the internal codename for Jurassic Park. Keith Elwin wearing a Jaws hat was just a hint / easter egg to the codename of his new game. This just arrived at ReplayFX.
    EF50C775-EC9A-45F2-9CC7-58128CFECF5D (resized).jpegEF50C775-EC9A-45F2-9CC7-58128CFECF5D (resized).jpeg

1 month later
    #252 4 years ago

On my jp pro a jaws pro sticker

20190915_025009 (resized).jpg20190915_025009 (resized).jpg
    #253 4 years ago

I mentioned somewhere that if Jaws where to be made that the codename has to be "Bruce"
    Jaws fans will know .....

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Not happening

I hope you’re wrong, but suspect you’re right. After years of waiting, I think I’ve given up. All is well in the world, though: I’ve filled in my void with the only thing better (to me) than a ‘Jaws’ pinball machine and that’s my all-time holy grail: Sega’s ‘Killer Shark’!

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Not happening

Oh, it's happening. Just not before Superman '78.

#257 4 years ago

Hope it hapoens, and a Godzilla pin to.

#258 4 years ago

Do you suppose that the next game will be Brian Eddy’s ?.....January?

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Do you suppose that the next game will be Brian Eddy’s ?.....January?

That would seem to make sense. I actually though his game would be out before Keith's 2nd, so it has to be soon.

#260 4 years ago

Maybe JPII was supposed to be Jaws.

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Not happening

To Bad.....Seems like money in the bank for Gary.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Not happening

Also heard this from someone who I would expect to know this.

2 weeks later
    #263 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also heard this from someone who I would expect to know this.

Well good. I personally have never thought Stern would do the theme justice. Does tie fighter on a spring ring any bells?

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Well good. I personally have never thought Stern would do the theme justice. Does tie fighter on a spring ring any bells?

The new Jurassic Park shows they are more than capable.

#265 4 years ago

Maybe they changed jaws into jurassic park

1 month later
    #266 4 years ago

Anyone read this yet in regards to the JAWS subject matter? May be nothing at all but worth a mention:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/part-2-rumors-and-what-is-known-jaws-goonies-led-zeppelin-rush-and-stranger-things/

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Maybe they changed jaws into jurassic park

Jaws was the internal code name for Jurassic Park.

2 months later
    #268 4 years ago

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/deal-of-the-day

They are doing a buy one for $5 get one free event on POP characters. Scrolling through there are Jaws characters in the list if anyone wanted some for a pretty big discount.

3 months later
    #269 3 years ago

If? they don't build the machine, this is the next best thing

554F1201-155D-412C-A560-20F2C3E9B6E2 (resized).jpeg554F1201-155D-412C-A560-20F2C3E9B6E2 (resized).jpeg
    #270 3 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

If? they don't build the machine, this is the next best thing[quoted image]

Lol saw the preview of it on IGN last week. Actually grabbing a copy of PC version to give it whirl as I write this. Looks pretty hilarious, bit like 3D version of Hungry Shark IOS.

2 weeks later
    #271 3 years ago

Universal Studios is remaking Jaws. Universal is hoping to start a new franchise of films like JP.

So I have no doubt this will end up a pinball. I would love to have Jaws pinball.

Any Jaws pinball will never have clips from the movie because Speilberg would never approve them. Either way Jaws themed pinball would be fun.

#272 3 years ago

So does the confidence go up alot with Kman announcing that he has been told that Jaws is the first 2021 pin and likely by Keith Elwin! Using the same approach as Jurrasic Park of theme and music license with no video clips would actually make for a cool and fun experience. I would jump on this day 1 if it is true.

#273 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Universal Studios is remaking Jaws. Universal is hoping to start a new franchise of films like JP.
    So I have no doubt this will end up a pinball. I would love to have Jaws pinball.
    Any Jaws pinball will never have clips from the movie because Speilberg would never approve them. Either way Jaws themed pinball would be fun.

Universal is NOT remaking Jaws. Steven said no way. It’s DOA. Besides, the original is epic. I would think Hollywood has had their fill of refake losses.

#274 3 years ago

I’m surprised there isn’t more chatter on this today, but I guess a rumor is a rumor. Nothing really all that new, but I’d be really interested in a Jaws pin. It would be such a great theme even if it does done in the same fashion as the recent JP. I have to say that I’m excited, yet holding my breathe. Time will tell.

#275 3 years ago

I really don’t see the point if they don’t have the full assets, why bother?

The movie has immortal lines
    1. You’re gonna need a bigger boat
    2. Here’s to swimming with bow legged women
    3. Smile you son of a B**ch

And Epic scenes
    1. The show me the way to go home scene
    2. The barrel chase scene
    3. The shark and Quint getting up close and personal scene

I mean really, what’s a Jaws wizard mode without that immortal look of complete shock and elation on Brody’s face when he blows up the shark?
    That smile on his face and the scream he lets out is one of cinema’s most classic moments!
    Will they have to change the look of the boat like the JP Jeep, change it’s classic name from ORCA?
    If you can’t do it properly and do it justice, don’t do it!
    Might as well just make a random Shark Attack pin.

#276 3 years ago
    Quoted from oneballjab:

I really don’t see the point if they don’t have the full assets, why bother?
    The movie has immortal lines
    1. You’re gonna need a bigger boat
    2. Here’s to swimming with bow legged women
    3. Smile you son of a B**ch
    And Epic scenes
    1. The show me the way to go home scene
    2. The barrel chase scene
    3. The shark and Quint getting up close and personal scene
    I mean really, what’s a Jaws wizard mode without that immortal look of complete shock and elation on Brody’s face when he blows up the shark?
    That smile on his face and the scream he lets out is one of cinema’s most classic moments!
    Will they have to change the look of the boat like the JP Jeep, change it’s classic name from ORCA?
    If you can’t do it properly and do it justice, don’t do it!
    Might as well just make a random Shark Attack pin.

That's what people say about Jurassic Park, yet it was the best game of last year. The graphics on that game are so good, you don't even really miss the movie assets. If the same team is doing Jaws, I'm confident they'll figure it out. And I'm in.

#277 3 years ago

Last night listened to Kman podcast and his rumour is Jaws in 2021 from Stern. Listening to TimeWarp now and the first movie mention 1974 was Jaws .

#278 3 years ago

Jaws is my all time favorite movie. It would be an instant buy if from any other company. If treated like Jurassic Park, I don't think I would buy it. For any Jaws fan, we know that what made Jaws great wasn't the shark. It was the characters and their interactions brought about by some truly great actors, great script, and director. It was forced to be a different movie because the darn shark mech wouldn't work. And that challenge turned a B horror concept into an all time great film. Sorry, but Stern would turn an A title into a B game.

#279 3 years ago

As long as it has the music as starters that is a great start. Would be awesome if they could have a way for a shark to come from below the playfield to grab the ball.

Wont lie. Listening to kanaeda and when he revealed it by playing the music i was so hoping for another john williams theme(harry potter. My grail theme)

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Jaws is my all time favorite movie. It would be an instant buy if from any other company. If treated like Jurassic Park, I don't think I would buy it. For any Jaws fan, we know that what made Jaws great wasn't the shark. It was the characters and their interactions brought about by some truly great actors, great script, and director. It was forced to be a different movie because the darn shark mech wouldn't work. And that challenge turned a B horror concept into an all time great film. Sorry, but Stern would turn an A title into a B game.

Completely agree, the films success was built on the foundations of three very good actors bouncing off of each other in every scene, a terrific script and outstanding direction by one of cinema’s greatest ever director’s, not because of the shark.
    To take all of that away and just have the shark and name is to do it a disservice.
    The money being charged for these machines isn’t peanuts, so I wish companies would stop cutting corners and pony up for the full licence.
    What’s next Goonies with a different bunch of kids? No Mouth, Data, No Chunk and his Truffle Shuffle.... as a grail pin for me personally, the thought terrifies me!

#281 3 years ago

Jaws is top 3 favorite movies for me and is the theme I have asked for the most. But let's be real, the elements that make the movie great do not translate into pinball. The interplay between the actors, the Indianapolis scene, all of this is awesome, but would make a boring game. Do you really want to have a mode where you have to collect all of the main actors, and then have to make shots for them to drink during the Indianapolis scene? Get real. Thus, you can not follow the movie and have a good pin.

I do think you can take the thematic elements from the movie and create a great and exciting pin set in the Jaws world. You could have timed events where you are trying prevent shark attacks, you could chum the water, you could chase the shark(s), you could have a mini wizard mode where you defeat a shark but it is not Jaws, and have the main wizard mode where Jaws pops out that you have to defeat. I think you can be faithful to the theme and IP by not having a shark mech visible all the time. Strike the mood with lights and sounds, and make it a scary, survival game. A shaker motor might a be a must from an atmosphere perspective.

Or be really, really bold, and play as the shark. You are making shots to eat people, to destroy boats, to evade the pursuers, etc. Imagine that you have a boat mech that you have to bash to damage and ultimately sink, like Stern POTC. Either way they go, I am in!

There is so much that you can do with the IP. But to follow the movie note for note actually limits you on this one.

#282 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I do think you can take the thematic elements from the movie and create a great and exciting pin set in the Jaws world.

Umm...that experiment was tried, they were called Jaws 3 and 4. Roy Scheider's return makes Jaws 2 legit. But 3 and 4 are in a "Jaws universe". You could also call every other shark attack movie a "Jaws Universe" film.

#283 3 years ago

I hope they don’t over use the Jaws theme. If they play the theme on the easiest multiball, or some other event you get every game, it will quickly take away from the power of how that song can make you feel. It won’t be special. Its a very powerful song. If you were rewarded with the theme song during an epic wizard mode that was reasonably difficult to get to, it would feel a lot more rewarding and more of a rush. Don’t over play it! Thoughts?

3 weeks later
    1 year later
    #285 2 years ago

1 year later
    #286 5 months ago

Should this be revisited? Is this finally a def!???

#287 5 months ago
    Quoted from Flip-side:

It's a definite possibility!

#288 5 months ago

Feelng like confidence is now 90%+

#289 5 months ago
    Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Feelng like confidence is now 90%+

That 9.99% is the hard part.

#290 5 months ago
    Quoted from Flip-side:

Def

#291 5 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

That 9.99% is the hard part.

I feel like that parts obligatory as no one wants to jinx it lol!

There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-confidence-level/page/6?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.