(Topic ID: 229299)

JAWS confidence level

By PINQUEST

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

554F1201-155D-412C-A560-20F2C3E9B6E2 (resized).jpeg
    20190915_025009 (resized).jpg
    EF50C775-EC9A-45F2-9CC7-58128CFECF5D (resized).jpeg
    Jaws-Board-Game-Trailer-Target (resized).jpg
    E5272B98-0616-4E4E-A501-144B7991CE84 (resized).jpeg
    jaws_mrclean_stern (resized).png
    no-really-is-this-a-joke (resized).jpg
    E8687C1E-0615-4522-9439-33D11F924F16 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_130256 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    B9E2201A-CCE9-4836-AEFB-0EBF6BB13068 (resized).jpeg
    4EA8826D-565D-4BD7-86EB-1810161C0A00 (resized).jpeg
    47574469-4C8C-4CCC-BF1A-4A782AAD3C47 (resized).jpeg
    Jaws_pop1 (resized).jpg
    Jaws_pop2 (resized).jpg
    847fe77d777ecdd976000a9b68a37a40c979abe0.jpg
    There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 5 years ago

sh sh sh sh sh SHHHHHAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!
    coming soon!
    YES

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #202 5 years ago

The bumper tops could be those little bumper boats that were in one of those awful sequel films ( can't recall the film number )

20190311_130256 (resized).jpg20190311_130256 (resized).jpg
    #203 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wotto:

The bumper tops could be those little bumper boats that were in one of those awful sequel films ( can't recall the film number )
    [quoted image]

That would be Jaws 3 in 3D as it was set at the cheesy southern water park instead of the original Amity setting.

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

That would be Jaws 3 in 3D as it was set at the cheesy southern water park instead of the original Amity setting.

And in this small World I see u r 20 minutes from where I live

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

They should have left the title "Jaws 3, People 0" and gone full out comedy like the original plan. What they ended up with was mediocre cheese and bad 3D.

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wotto:

And in this small World I see u r 20 minutes from where I live

I know right lol.

#207 5 years ago

Original Jaws was magic despite the shark. All others with a nod to Jaws 2 were highly inferior and borderline campy.

Just like Lake Placid. First was timeless movie gold.

E8687C1E-0615-4522-9439-33D11F924F16 (resized).jpegE8687C1E-0615-4522-9439-33D11F924F16 (resized).jpeg
    #208 5 years ago

The pops should be yellow barrels that "bob" up and down. Make the caps and all attach to the rings.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

The pops should be yellow barrels that "bob" up and down. Make the caps and all attach to the rings.

Maybe have ropes connecting them too

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Just like Lake Placid. First was timeless movie gold.

no-really-is-this-a-joke (resized).jpgno-really-is-this-a-joke (resized).jpg
    #211 5 years ago

Jaws 2 as a movie is far of from Jaws. But watching Jaws 2, as a kid.... man that also was a very scary movie.

#212 5 years ago

Dun Dun Dun Dun...You're gonna need a bigger cabinet.

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Dun Dun Dun Dun...You're gonna need a bigger cabinet.

Widebody confirmed

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wotto:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Travish:

Yellow barrels would be cool but I’d like to see those used in a captive ball like mech, I always thought the pops would be great as bouys they could rock and make the classic “ding” noise as they fire plus the bouy is classic JAWS, iconic from the opening scene.

#215 5 years ago

Confidence level is extremely high & all I'm really saying is that it's a SIGN.....

jaws_mrclean_stern (resized).pngjaws_mrclean_stern (resized).png
    #216 5 years ago

If it's being made by stern it will be another let down of a game.

#217 5 years ago

Baywatch remake.

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wotto:

[quoted image]

Nah they wouldn't be able to use those flat jobs that look like foil yogurt cup lids.

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Yellow barrels would be cool but I’d like to see those used in a captive ball like mech, I always thought the pops would be great as bouys they could rock and make the classic “ding” noise as they fire plus the bouy is classic JAWS, iconic from the opening scene.

All I saw was a booby bouncing. Was there something else we were supposed to look at?

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

If it's being made by stern it will be another let down of a game

What a foolish comment.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Widebody confirmed

Unfounded rumour which is not true . There is no plan in the future to release this as this whole topic is just an unfounded speculation.

#222 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What a foolish comment.

Not really foolish. Let’s call it...cautiously realistic.

Price increases, which aren’t being reinvested into higher end materials and engineering.

Speed of darkness on coding and issue fixes.

With that being said...

Pins are fun as hell and lots of great shots.

In a huo collection how much serious wear and tear? Minimal.

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Unfounded rumour which is not true . There is no plan in the future to release this as this whole topic is just an unfounded rumour.

He was razzing on Pinfidel’s comment above.

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Not really foolish. Let’s call it...cautiously realistic.

I don't mind waiting a year for a Stern to mature as I did with Maiden and TWD and thusly very happy. Ok it might come out with shallow code or some needed fixes but thats pinball right now so maybe foolish was too strong, how about moronic and stupid? Yeah I think thats better.

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't mind waiting a year for a Stern to mature as I did with Maiden and TWD and thusly very happy. Ok it might come out with shallow code or some needed fixes but thats pinball right now so maybe foolish was too strong, how about moronic and stupid? Yeah I think thats better.

Much better....

#226 5 years ago

The Kraken ship Stern of the mid 00's is gone.

You're all dreaming of a game that will never match your expectations.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Unfounded rumour which is not true . There is no plan in the future to release this as this whole topic is just an unfounded speculation.

So was Iron Maiden according to you

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I disagree. Brian Eddy is responsible for some pretty awesome toys. He will be bringing it. If Lawlor kills it with Wonka, Stern will respond.

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Expectations aren’t usually met anyways.

That’s fine. They were too realistically high. Bring on the cardboard pf’s and plastic cab legs!

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Brian Eddy is responsible for some pretty awesome toys.

But that was before he started working at Stern. This is a different ball game now.

#231 5 years ago

Jesus if what keeps a game in ur collection or keeps you coming back for more gameplay is a toy which after a few dozens plays no longer dazzles then nothing left to say. Maiden doesn't have any toys really and its the best pin I've ever owned. Who cares about toys? I would much rather have good shots and great code over a cluttered mess of toys any day of the week. You have JJP for that leave Stern out of it as I much prefer fast gameplay anyway, too many toys = too many breaks in the action. They have their place but its not what makes or breaks a game, not for me.

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

That Stern PotC ship had a terrible, cheap clutch design that is literally ALWAYS broken on any Stern PotC that I take in. B for effort, but D- for mechanical design.

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That Stern PotC ship had a terrible, cheap clutch design that is literally ALWAYS broken on any Stern PotC that I take in. B for effort, but D- for mechanical design.

Well they got the single spinning disc part right.

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

But that was before he started working at Stern. This is a different ball game now.

Stern tried cheaping out Steve Ritchie too...eventually SR got his way and made great titles for Stern. I’m sure Eddy will follow a similar path. He’s no Dwight...

I keed, I keed.

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Jesus if what keeps a game in ur collection or keeps you coming back for more gameplay is a toy which after a few dozens plays no longer dazzles then nothing left to say. Maiden doesn't have any toys really and its the best pin I've ever owned. Who cares about toys? I would much rather have good shots and great code over a cluttered mess of toys any day of the week. You have JJP for that leave Stern out of it as I much prefer fast gameplay anyway, too many toys = too many breaks in the action. They have their place but its not what makes or breaks a game, not for me.

Yeah, but that shit gets boring in a collection of more than a dozen machines.

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Yeah, but that shit gets boring in a collection of more than a dozen machines.

I disagree, toys get boring. Speed and flow keep you going. I'm probably the odd man out, but the only toy I ever liked was LOTR's ring magnet, because it was fast and didn't disturb flow. However, LOTR's Path of the Dead did just the opposite for me and slowed everything down to much. Additionally, Balrog had it's own problems.

PinMonk is correct- POTC had a lot of ship problems as well

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

You’re probably right. However, even if it’s another Star Wars, I’ll buy it based upon theme alone.

#238 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So was Iron Maiden according to you

Wow you must be one of those people with a lot of time on their hands trawling through lots of posts ! Good for you .

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Wow you must be one of those people with a lot of time on their hands trawling through lots of posts ! Good for you .

That's not exactly a denial of your history of release denial fake-outs.

#240 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well they got the single spinning disc part right.

Well, it's not like they didn't have examples to copy stretching back to Fireball where it worked. There's a predictable safety in never stepping outside the box and just rehashing what's come before.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's not like they didn't have examples to copy stretching back to Fireball where it worked. There's a predictable safety in never stepping outside the box and just rehashing what's come before.

What's that theory called again...hmmm.

Oh yeah, business. Safe until the masses stop buying...then and only THEN pull out the risk.

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Nah, just a good memory when people say something is definitely not happening, when I knew 100% it was

3 weeks later
    #243 5 years ago

My prediction, If Brian Eddy does Jaws, (or Jurassic World), there will be side targets. Maybe sharks/yellow barrels or dinos: He said this was a plan on The Shadow that did not end up in the game.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/brian-eddy-interview-special-when-lit/

3 weeks later
    #244 4 years ago
    E5272B98-0616-4E4E-A501-144B7991CE84 (resized).jpegE5272B98-0616-4E4E-A501-144B7991CE84 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #246 4 years ago

Maybe this new game will satisfy the Jaws fans until the pin comes out...

Jaws-Board-Game-Trailer-Target (resized).jpgJaws-Board-Game-Trailer-Target (resized).jpg

#247 4 years ago

nice find

1 week later
    #248 4 years ago

Shark weeks starts at the end of the month.... Just saying

2 weeks later
    #249 4 years ago

Does the release of JP by Stern change the speculation on Jaws?

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmess:

Does the release of JP by Stern change the speculation on Jaws?

It definitely shows that Stern could build a super cool game with limited rights from the licence.

There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-confidence-level/page/5?hl=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.