(Topic ID: 229299)

JAWS confidence level

By PINQUEST

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

554F1201-155D-412C-A560-20F2C3E9B6E2 (resized).jpeg
    20190915_025009 (resized).jpg
    EF50C775-EC9A-45F2-9CC7-58128CFECF5D (resized).jpeg
    Jaws-Board-Game-Trailer-Target (resized).jpg
    E5272B98-0616-4E4E-A501-144B7991CE84 (resized).jpeg
    jaws_mrclean_stern (resized).png
    no-really-is-this-a-joke (resized).jpg
    E8687C1E-0615-4522-9439-33D11F924F16 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_130256 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    B9E2201A-CCE9-4836-AEFB-0EBF6BB13068 (resized).jpeg
    4EA8826D-565D-4BD7-86EB-1810161C0A00 (resized).jpeg
    47574469-4C8C-4CCC-BF1A-4A782AAD3C47 (resized).jpeg
    Jaws_pop1 (resized).jpg
    Jaws_pop2 (resized).jpg
    847fe77d777ecdd976000a9b68a37a40c979abe0.jpg
    There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

What if he does a bond game with the jaws dude?

I’d hope Jaws was in a Bond game he’s one of the most iconic Bond villains, but I don’t want a Jaws bash toy.

All depends if Stern got the whole catalogue of movies or just one specific Bond/actors group of films, either way I don’t think the playfield needs loading with loads of specific toys unless its based on one single movie.

If it’s an entire catalogue of movies a playfield with a fresh layout with some unique and interesting shots (what I Brian Eddy does best imo) with fully licensed Bond video and audio assests would be awesome.

#152 5 years ago

I'm going for a 10.
    out by the end of this year.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

I'm going for a 10.

I'm dialing it up to 11 ! Out by the end of the summer

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

I'm going for a 10.

If the rumours of Stern getting the Jaws licence are true and it was pretty recent when it happened, I’d love to see Bond first and then Jaws so whoever is designing the game can design the game around the licence and not the other way round having a licence slapped on a generic playfield.

When it comes to licences no one is getting close to Stern in that department although being one of the younger pinheads here @ 33 I would love to see a few licences that’s are more current mixed in with the nostalgic licences, which is why Bond is such a good licence it ticks both boxes!

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

Best thing i read in this thread is the license was just acquired that means something else is coming.
    BEETLEJUICE! I mean cmonnn! The soundtrack of that movie is perfect for pinball!

Beetlejuice is a dream theme for me...
    Would love for Brian Eddy to be on Beetlejuice... or they retcon the theme onto whatever layout he's doing.

#156 5 years ago

Either or. Bond is my wife's wish, Jaws for me, but I love Bond too.

#157 5 years ago

Wrong thread. Take that Bond crap outta here.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Wrong thread. Take that Bond crap outta here.

69207E78-0EA9-49B4-8AF3-F2864B2D9B13.gif69207E78-0EA9-49B4-8AF3-F2864B2D9B13.gif
    #159 5 years ago

If Stern announces Jaws, I’m going to the kidney clinic to donate both. My liver can handle it, right?

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

If Stern announces Jaws, I’m going to the kidney clinic to donate both. My liver can handle it, right?

I’ll let you know how mine gets on

2 weeks later
    #161 5 years ago

Not enough talk of jaws lately... too much nonsense about James Bond.....

#162 5 years ago

My daughters first semester college tuition is paid off. That kidney idea is sounding doable if Jaws gets announced.

#163 5 years ago

I've been telling everyone at the Cinema that we'll get Jaws this Spring. I'm hoping it's going to happen.

#164 5 years ago

My best guess is IF Jaws happens, it will be this summer right around shark week!

#165 5 years ago

If it happens then I think a "baby shark doo doo doo dit' doo doo" mini wizard mode may be timely

#166 5 years ago

It has to be Summer. Jaws was the 1st Summer blockbuster and yes shark week too..will be released or announced on 4th of July weekend and my Premium will be here August 2019!

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

and my Premium will be here August 2019!

Wait....what?

#168 5 years ago

wishful thinking

#169 5 years ago

Note to Gary Stern-
    Dear sir, please dont make this pinball unless you pay for some music rights. The machine without the right music would be an epic fail.
    Also, please pay Richard Dreyfuss for the call outs.
    Thank you.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Note to Gary Stern-
    Dear sir, please dont make this pinball unless you pay for some music rights. The machine without the right music would be an epic fail.
    Also, please pay Richard Dreyfuss for the call outs.
    Thank you.

That’s why we have Cleland!

#171 5 years ago
    847fe77d777ecdd976000a9b68a37a40c979abe0.jpg847fe77d777ecdd976000a9b68a37a40c979abe0.jpg
    #172 5 years ago

Don't think Stern has the balls to do Jaws.

#173 5 years ago

I double dog dare them to make Jaws.

#174 5 years ago

I triple dog dare them.

#175 5 years ago

Stern is a summer pinball company, and they need summer dollars.

1 week later
    #176 5 years ago

Oh Noooo........................

The Jaws Funko's have arrived !

Jaws_pop1 (resized).jpgJaws_pop1 (resized).jpgJaws_pop2 (resized).jpgJaws_pop2 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #177 5 years ago

Getting my home ready for the next LE.

1/6 scale Orca handbuilt from wood and a Paul Shipper original poster from the UK. Getting excited.

47574469-4C8C-4CCC-BF1A-4A782AAD3C47 (resized).jpeg47574469-4C8C-4CCC-BF1A-4A782AAD3C47 (resized).jpeg4EA8826D-565D-4BD7-86EB-1810161C0A00 (resized).jpeg4EA8826D-565D-4BD7-86EB-1810161C0A00 (resized).jpegB9E2201A-CCE9-4836-AEFB-0EBF6BB13068 (resized).jpegB9E2201A-CCE9-4836-AEFB-0EBF6BB13068 (resized).jpeg
    #178 5 years ago

Kenada made mentioned on his latest podcast that this title is coming this year! Brain Eddy designed!!

#179 5 years ago

At first I thought Eddie was designing Bill and Teds. But seeing the Martin pic at Stern I gathered Martin Brody.

Hoping it’s right. Brian’s first comeback design since leaving Williams? Epic potential.

#180 5 years ago

If this really comes to fruition I will have to find a home for this game no matter what (and the $$) my wife's favorite movie of all time.

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

If this really comes to fruition I will have to find a home for this game no matter what (and the $$) my wife's favorite movie of all time.

This is going to be a hard year for me. There are 5 movies my wife used to watch over and over again. Addams Family (got the pin), Nightmare on Elm St (got the pin, WOZ, Wonka and Jaws. She wants the last two if they come out. She likes WOZ but doesn’t like the wide body.

#182 5 years ago

I'm odd I love Widebodies, lol.

Already been a pricey year for me MBRLE, POTC LE, Houdini and trying to make a deal on a NGG. Oh and 18k reno on 2 bathrooms due to a leak we never knew about, oh well.

Jaws hitting this year just might be the straw that breaks me. Just wish it was JJP and not Stern making Jaws although if JJP did make it I know I would have to get the ultimate CE or whatever they would call it for lord knows how much. As is the Stern LE is gonna eat me alive - pun intended.

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

I'm odd I love Widebodies, lol.
    Already been a pricey year for me MBRLE, POTC LE, Houdini and trying to make a deal on a NGG. Oh and 18k reno on 2 bathrooms due to a leak we never knew about, oh well.
    Jaws hitting this year just might be the straw that breaks me. Just wish it was JJP and not Stern making Jaws although if JJP did make it I know I would have to get the ultimate CE or whatever they would call it for lord knows how much. As is the Stern LE is gonna eat me alive - pun intended.

True enough. I just got 2 more Williams widebodies for my collection. Out of room. Daughter in college, out of money. Will have to find a way to get an Orca LE.

#184 5 years ago

So stoked about this . I've been working more overtime
    since I read this was a possibility. Would have to sell my GOTG
    probably because I want at least a premium if not an LE.
    Really love my GOTG but JAWS is the "ONE".

#185 5 years ago

Im going to go with a 2. Of course, if you would have told me that alice cooper and primus would have pinballs...I wouldn't have believed you.

#186 5 years ago

I should add....i would REALLY love to see a Jaws pin come to fruition.

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from jardine:

Kenada made mentioned on his latest podcast that this title is coming this year! Brain Eddy designed!!

Hate to say it but I don't believe Jaws is coming this year.

#188 5 years ago

Based off of no fact at all, I have a weird feeling it will come out this year.

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe, maybe not. Speculation can be fun though.

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, If Brian and team had only 6 months so far, If Stern is serious about beating up coming competition it seems a 2 year development time is required. My guess is Jaws early 2020.

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

I agree, If Brian and team had only 6 months so far, If Stern is serious about beating up coming competition it seems a 2 year development time is required. My guess is Jaws early 2020.

Stern hired Brian a year ago. If Jaws is a 2H 19 release that will be around 18 months in the oven. Plenty of time to do something cool.

#192 5 years ago

Brian and Lyman for the winner winner chicken dinner.

#193 5 years ago

So torn on this one. Jaws is my all time favorite film. But I just can't stand Stern quality right now. If it was JJP, I would at least know that it would be filled to the brim with mechs and features. Instead, I know it will be a trimmed down version of what it could have been. My plan right now is to sit tight, see what happens and buy a used dimpled one down the road.

#194 5 years ago

this popped up on my feed tday

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

So torn on this one. Jaws is my all time favorite film. But I just can't stand Stern quality right now. If it was JJP, I would at least know that it would be filled to the brim with mechs and features. Instead, I know it will be a trimmed down version of what it could have been. My plan right now is to sit tight, see what happens and buy a used dimpled one down the road.

Stern currently makes the best pins overall. Come on. "filled to the brim with mechs and features" doesn't automatically equal greatness. I would much rather play IM than TH or WOZ so ur theory..................Sucks.

#196 5 years ago

Likely be a rethemed baywatch layout. Stay tuned.

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Likely be a rethemed baywatch layout. Stay tuned.

Baywatch is a sweet pin.

#198 5 years ago

Well, 12k BM66 was a dark night 2008 layout. So that worked for Stern.

Sea Witch layout for Beatles.

#199 5 years ago

If? JAWS is true I may have to consider selling some of my favourites.
    If? someone did the Beach Boys also I may have to sell a testicle!
    My two holy grail machines if they were to be built.

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

If? someone did the Beach Boys also I may have to sell a testicle!

How much ?

There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-confidence-level/page/4?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.