IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiredoug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#539 2 years ago

FOMO ( or using customers to crowd fund r&d) is so ingrained in the pinball "pre-order" model that its a given. As irksome as it is, its an integral feature of the general business of small niche products now.

#541 2 years ago

yes prepaying the whole thing is just silly

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh my gosh all your Games are Old!
So did you buy one even though you own it already?

mate im a pinball tech i cant afford a photo of the box they come in.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh I just figured you love old school.
No worries.
Pin on good sir

yep i do and i love the haggis guys too.. one in particular is a good friend of many years. Im certainly a fan but not in a position to be a customer.

#551 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Heck I'm selling Wife for there Fathom!
Or renting her out

oh we're going deep into translated humor here this one might crash .. will the customers need a CDL ?

#770 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Limited to 250 Mermaids. Can't see how they couldn't become hard to get.
On the other hand I'm not sure what will happen to the pricing on my Bally Fathom and i don't need two fathoms.

current au private seller market, 7-10 depending if you want it gone or want to wait for someone who doesnt care what it costs and just wants it.

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes i'm aware of the current.

sorry i misunderstood you and thought you werent sure on "now". i think, (personal opinion) it wont change them much and they will keep on creeping up slowly.

2 weeks later
#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Australian time warp shenanigans.

lol .. you can google "time melbourne australia" to translate the time warp at any stage. ( useful if you need to call them)

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Bundaberg rum is real Aussie fighting juice. They also do a nice solero, high end if you are a rum snob .

once its into my coffee its all rum to me

#1159 2 years ago

there are number exemptions in the lockdown, construction and mechanical repair services for example. In between the lines it keeps office cubicle workers at home but it wont stop a well planned factory building site.

4 weeks later
#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm just starting on a second Flash Gordon resto, only Medusa looks more complicated. There is a LOT going on under some of these old Bally playfields.

vectors a good example.. busy busy

4 weeks later
#1449 2 years ago

We agree [quoted image]

dont you be posting pics of mark and me in your thread fella

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The drop off of games I personally think will sell at this price point is really steep after Fathom and Centaur. Just one man's opinion of course.

EBD absolutely would .. (added - EK would too) .. but after that i agree theres a slope

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ebd (not LE) is really hard to find down here - I’d guess most of them would sell locally.

^^^^^ this is why @roar. Without even trying I could sell a couple a month to cashed up 60yo's who played it new.
None of them have another pinball. I dont disagree at all with your data relating to your market. Its just that im in a different one

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

At those prices must be cheaper to import? even with the shipping plus taxes? That game goes for £1500-£2500 here in the Uk depending on condition.

Ukp2500 Is aud4700. Plus say 1400 to bring it air. Plus 500 to 1000 to fix whatever’s wrong. Plus 10%vat. Uk is actually higher than here realistically

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

If you've paid $A1000 on shipping you've paid too much. I can do sea freight for $500 for example

500? you're comparing door to door air with either just the actual freight component of lsl . or the cash price for a spot in an illegally mixed box with no separate BOL.. apples v apples or it doesnt make sense.

#1525 2 years ago

randomly spouting usa laws that dont even apply to australia to support a point you forgot to actually make first isnt working

#1527 2 years ago

it seems like you really believe whatever all that means. Perhaps you may need to reflect on the context and audience as it seems to be a long way out of phase with excitement over a small niche vendor and frankly no one here knows what you're on about.

back to haggis now.

#1538 2 years ago

Like some other threads, posts like yours just causes unnecessary shit

this is no different to what you did to mike for years.. annoying isnt it

2 months later
#1639 2 years ago

Yes, I believe it is in our manufacturing laws.

maybe in the standards but i cant see it being a law. interesting if it is.? do you have a source or just heresay? i want to dig down and have a look.

#1642 2 years ago

Its to get appropriate approvals .
It was just something we knew while I was in manufacturing

ahh yes as i thought thats a standard not a law. righto

#1645 2 years ago

you're being a tad too technical Dougy me ol m8

i wanted to know the answer, you confirmed the answer. thankyou.

5 months later
#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:I'll be the ugly, loud drunken one with all the tattoos.

lol that will narrow it down in a pinball crowd

#3037 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I won't be the guy that EVERYONE want's to yell at, so we'll know which is you Dougie ol mate.

no one of any consequence wants to yell at me im a nobody? and my numbers all over the internet if anyone wants it bad enough.

anyway meh whatever..

2 months later
#4639 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm so Homepin stating that it was not viable to produce games in Australia...

look up "viable" .. it means stuff like "not at a huge loss" has to happen..

3 weeks later
#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was just curious what made haggis decide to remake Fathom? Is the game a personal favorite of his or what was the motivating factor behind this particular title? If anyone knows.

yep i know ....

In the early days of 'Haggis' Damian was contacted by a custom pinball restorer here (a huge classic bally fan) about supplying their paintwork/artwork/printing/cabinets etc.

he taught a still "very new to pinball" Damian about these "old" bally machines, explained why he believed them to be the golden era and suggested there would be a market to remake these classics…

While working on Celts and developing fathom he setup a "bally" room with the machine options for the 5 series to show the rest of the haggis team so they could all be played and options compared

It will be interesting to see haggis future offerings now they're no longer working together and dont have the same experience backing them for the others in the series.

making pinball is hard.

4 weeks later
#5106 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Have not seen a duty charge..

aus / usa have a free trade agreement for most things as you suggested but it works both ways... duty is probably covered by that

4 weeks later
#5342 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

No company logo on the backglass ?

possibly a wise move by someone looking to sell good replicas to the original fathom owners. hopefully it is

#5346 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

the backbox is smaller than a Bally, so I would assume smaller backglass.

there goes that.. oh well .. thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiredoug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=wiredoug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.