IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

It's been a year since Fathom was announced with production of 50 games a month to begin in April 2021. It has been two months since
we got notice the Classic Editions were going into production. So far no pictures of any fathom being opened new in box and no pictures of any on the assembly line. Damian has refused my requests for a refund - based on his inability to honor the agreement and produce the game in a timely manner. I understand this is a start up company but I have seen no evidence of anything being made with the exception of a few Celts. If anyone has any positive information from Damian on the current state of things please post it here. If any suppliers in the USA have any info on the current state of production please update us.
We were sold a product and lied to and continue to be left in the dark.

I’ll buy you spot for $550.

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Did anyone notice Marty needs to practice playing pinball more?!

Now that an update has released and the game looks beautiful, I’m surprised that none of the whiners who wanted refunds and talked about selling their deposits haven’t listed them for for $4000 in the marketplace.

Any deposit holders who don’t have the patience to wait approx a year or more to receive their machine please PM me.

#3125 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

There is no way as long as my arse points to the ground your game will be shipping in 8 weeks, happy to make bets with people.

I bet all Mermaid machines and quite a few STD models will be delivered in less than two years from today.

Haggis has manufactured and delivered pinball machines in a fairly short period of time.

You had my MMR deposit money for over 8 years before you finally sold the project to PPS!
Did you even have a playable/working prototype after 8-9 years?

3 weeks later
#3591 2 years ago

Anyone interested in selling their deposit please send me as PM !

1 week later
#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

already tried to sell ..no buyers

Serious buyer here. Are you a Seller?

4 weeks later
#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Direct quote from a certain recent sales post:
“As with any pinball preorder, patience is necessary.”
Practice what you preach comes to mind. Especially in these times.

I’ve never seen a scalper relentlessly stating things look horribly bleak and demanding a refund all the while trying to sell spots for 4x original cost. It’s bizarre!
People who don’t have the intestinal fortitude to wait out a delay should never order a single preorder spot let alone multiples.

#4431 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I msg'ed you. I have 1 spot left to sell. I'm the only person with a spot for sale. You're not going to find another.
$5k firm. Then $7900 when your game is ready to box. That's only $12,900 into a beautiful fathom mermaid that we all know will be worth $20k+ when it arrives at your home.
$12,900 is about the price of a stern LE if you can find one.

We know the machines will probably never be made or it will be years before they ship if they are made. Your deposit is worthless. You even stated unless machines start shipping no one will want to buy a deposit. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence should laugh in your face at a asking price of $5000. At this point of time it’s not even worth what you paid for it!

#4436 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looks like he is ready to go Top Gun on you.
[quoted image]

What a poser/tool! When I saw him at Pinfest a few years ago he was wearing a “play rugby” T-shirt and hipster jeans and jacket with lots of pre-applied patches on them. For how big he talks you would think he was a tough guy but he actually looked like a wimpy little fellow.
If he’s on a rugby team he’s probably the towel or water boy!
We all know that he dreams of being able to post again here on Pinside

#4440 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I've already sold one $5k spot to a savvy buyer who understands what this opportunity represents... a $7k savings minimum.
You can always wait until the games get shipped and pay $20k for one on pinside marketplace... if you can find one.

A few days ago you were crying for updates and demanding a refund, now it’s a $20,000 machine!
If it’s a $20,000 machine you are selling yourself WAY short and leaving too much money on the table.
You are clearly operating in full on/balls to the wall ” Pump and Dump” mode and really need to work on your sales skills.

#4443 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Judging people on their clothes is a thing there?
You'd think there was enough evidence to judge him on his actions rather than his appearance.

Sorry for not stating that I previously judged him by his actions and posts here on Pinside. The hipster/poser clothes were the bow on the Xmas package.

#4446 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Let's say haggis ships the other 249 mermaids. What do you think a NIB mermaid will be worth? If not $20k, then how much?

You have already convinced me and most likely anyone who would ever consider buying a deposit through your endless negative posts stating that machines shipping in the near future is very unlikely. It may never happen or be a few years!

You better keep pumping hard and only post positive things all day/ everyday because as each day goes by your deposit is worth less and less.

You’ve been yelling that the Titanic is gonna sink on it’s maiden voyage and trying to scalp return tickets back to Ireland at the same time!

#4448 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have the ultimategameroom
https://vimeo.com/712642171

It’s my handle because my friends nicknamed my game room.
It’s an inside joke.
“It’s the ultimate gameroom because it’s like Dave and Busters but the games , food, beer and liquor are all Free!”

#4452 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Judging people on their clothes is a thing there?
You'd think there was enough evidence to judge him on his actions rather than his appearance.

I don’t judge others by their clothes,cars, homes. Hell I drive a 23 year old Toyota Land Cruiser. I have to say you are on my short list of Aussie pinsiders that I’d love to meet someday .
Between the pallets of Coopers mild ,making your own Charcuterie, selling equipment to MFG Hard spirits/etc. you sound like a very interesting guy. I’d love to party, BBQ and flip the silver ball sometime.

#4456 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

$8k to $20k US depending on a number of macro economic conditions, game reliability, quantity produced and price of standard editions, other market offerings, shipping costs.

Exactly! It’s way too early to tell.

#4458 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

You should probably change the name to okgameroom. I've got the ultimategameroom title sewn up.

My collection will never be complete until I own Punchy the Clown!

Keep up that sales pitch… Pump and Dump!

3EFD096C-5C8C-472E-95A0-A7255620A29C (resized).jpeg3EFD096C-5C8C-472E-95A0-A7255620A29C (resized).jpeg
#4510 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ha - I thought I was the only one! My primary ride is a 30 year old Land Cruiser. Great pin hauler (short trips).
[quoted image]

They are great pin haulers! A NIB machine fits perfect!
Here is a pic of my 1999/AKA “Old Blue”.
It’s a shame they are no longer imported to the USA.

099343D0-C1F9-484C-8797-4129EB0EDD1A (resized).png099343D0-C1F9-484C-8797-4129EB0EDD1A (resized).png
#4511 1 year ago

This Fathom was at The York Pinball Show last Fall. It sold early on the first day. I think the new machines will ship. Anything good always takes time and delays are inevitable!
Serious buyer here for anyone who wants to sell their deposit. Please send me a Pm!

7EBCF10D-AA33-4909-9FC9-E3A0C99E1D37 (resized).png7EBCF10D-AA33-4909-9FC9-E3A0C99E1D37 (resized).png
#4538 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

That's my daily driver, even same color, although it's an '02. Just hit 200K miles a couple months ago.

Only 130K on mine.
Do you have the contrasting wheel well trim?
I’ve been told it’s uncommon and was a regional option in the South and possible other US areas.
There are none in the northeast that I’ve seen. I’ve had a couple other Landcruiser owners ask me over the years where they could get it. It looks nice but also keeps dirt/ salt from kicking up on the sides.
My local dealer traded a Florida dealer another new vehicle for mine.

1 week later
#4690 1 year ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I bought that machine from a guy named Marlin who reportedly ran the show's prior to Rich.
It was shopped and plays great and I'm very happy to get a Fathom after looking for one for quite a while.

I remember talking to you right after you purchased it. Nice buy! What a small world, I only live a couple miles down the road from you!

5 months later
#5779 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I will send a tissue mate.
I’m an Aussie and still in the queue ! What you sooking about?

The answer to the question about why there’s so few in the US is posted multiple times on this page. One of them is only 3 posts prior to the question.

#5780 1 year ago

If anyone(EXCEPT dOn!) is tired of waiting and would like to sell their spot please send me a PM.

#5787 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Well damnit there should be!! I kid..I kid…
Well this American was told yesterday my game will be ready to ship in the next two weeks. Like others I’ll elect DHL shipping as it didn’t sound like they were anywhere close to filling a container.

So you and the other high rollers are F’n up the process of containers being filled and shipped. It’s all YOUR fault! Also anyone in the US who receives a machine and doesn’t post pics on Pinside is either a skutch and/or a grog!

2 weeks later
#5852 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:I mean, you could say that your blind defense is... even worse. Yes, I know an exact order number that was paid for in advance and according to Haggis, they are shipping by order number as long as the person pays up front when requested (there could be a swap in order number if one person pays their invoice before the other if invoices are sent to multiple numbers and the latter number pays first). I know of order numbers that are much farther in number that were also paid in full that are sitting unfulfilled. Even if there are a few numbers that don't count (for whatever reason), there are still a significant amount of pre-pays out there. And by pre-pays, I mean machines PAID IN FULL as though the customer is buying a finished machine.
I admire your blind defense, but if we're being honest here Haggis is NOT TRANSPARENT and went from frequent updates to rare updates, to NO UPDATES as time passed. And that coincides with more payments being made in full in time. Not the best pattern, don't you think?
I want Haggis to succeed.. but in order to succeed, people need to receive their NIB paid for pins! At this rate, it will be 3 years for the rest of the Mermaid editions to get built and shipped... especially to the USA.

I posted in this thread for anyone willing to sell a deposit spot to send me a Pm.

In the last few weeks I have only heard from 2 people. One actually had a machine and wanted $12,500.
It was located in AUS. Another offered me a spot around #150 for a couple hundred over cost but they told me that it would be one of the last machines made.
I played Cointaker’s sample machine and really enjoyed it. I think deposit holders just need to be patient. Pinball is hard and it’s also 2022 which = Mfg/parts nightmare.

#5855 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

So did you get a spot?

Unfortunately No I didn’t buy the deposit spot. The seller said it would be one of the last machines in the run. It was a very fair asking price. I would have thought that they were built in order of the deposits. Maybe they requested a late build?

#5944 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Yeah if any of you are getting cold feet and want to sell your spot, I would like to throw my hat in the ring on buying it from you.
a) I won't flip it on you
b) I happen to love Fathom
c) I have an entire aquatic themed pinball room that my wife hand painted murals of mermaids attaching people. I'd love to add a Fathom 2.0 to the collection.

Please post a pic of your murals. Sounds very cool!

1 year later
#7483 48 days ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I think this is the challenge of all startups that build something, not just pinball. It is exceedingly difficult early on to get scale and timing right, especially in bootstrap mode with no margin for error.
I don't think they have any responsibility to feed the pinside horde, but hopefully they are at least keeping good contact with those that have paid in full without machines yet in hand.

It’s not only the start ups!
I see unhappy Stern customers over in the Jaws thread that have been paid in full for LE machines for two months. Only response from Distros is “parts issues”.

#7487 48 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Most companies want to promote themselves and communicate with current and prospective customers. This company has not done any of that lately. Unless we hear some good news very soon, we are about to enter the final chapter of the Haggis story. I don't say this with any joy. This is actually very annoying and stressful to me and I cannot believe that I might be out many thousands of dollars for supporting someone else's dream, a dream that is turning into a nightmare.

Hang in there!
I and I’m sure a few others in this thread had $2500 deposits (which was 50% of total cost) sit for 10 Years on the MMR project. I chose the refund option when the project changed hands but the machines were finally built (at a higher cost).

You need Serious Intestinal Fortitude to get involved in these projects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=ultimategameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.