IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 3 years ago

Would love a Fathom type game, surfing type game

#98 3 years ago

Would love a Fathom...

anyone know the boardset used in Celts?

#100 3 years ago

ok, cool, thanks

#247 2 years ago

I like the idea but the price just from their last game

It would of been cool for standard version to have the new rules and sounds and then mermaid version in a lcd backbox modern style cabinet with a lcd

2 months later
#1337 2 years ago

it's much cheaper than wages and much cheaper than commercial space in a shopping centre - think he got himself a good deal. Hats off to Damian and his team, great to have a true aussie pinball manufacturer. Though reckon once production ramps up he will outgrow this space in the near future.

https://www.onthehouse.com.au/property/vic/keysborough-3173/103-atlantic-dr-keysborough-vic-3173-18710033

1 month later
#1549 2 years ago

good update Damien and alot of work put into the new setup

- I use to build the Multicam CNC machines - good bit of gear - definitely put some walls and retractable door to cut down the noise to others and dust
- I feel for the guys that need to work on the top level during summer - done my time in factories near the roof sheeting

#1561 2 years ago

think Aaron is suggesting the boards being used in the games

2 months later
#1703 2 years ago

Lagoon Trap Multiball........

1 month later
#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I agree with all that mate. It'll be ready when it's ready, and i expect that will be fairly soon in the new year. In the meantime i'll play my Celts as soon as it get's here.
Not like we are waiting on a Big Lebowski for 6 or 8 years.

or Thunderturds that took literally 5 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days and 1 hour plus I think roughly a few more weeks.

Jokes aside Damian and crew are not like Deeproot, Heighway etc they are sharing the journey, building games & parts, and delivering machines - yes not Fathoms but shouldn't be long

1 month later
#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

What does it matter?
Haggis != Heighway != Deeproot
There’s no suspect behavior with Haggis in my opinion. All you have to do is read some news stories about how tight Australia has been locking down their citizens and couple that with all the supply/shipping issues and you should understand delays were inevitable.
Fathom production is now starting about 6 months after taking deposits. That’s better than JJP was doing for their first couple of games.

well said and very true and we all know that Stern will deliver but some of their deliveries are looking to be up to a year.

Haggis will deliver, Damain would not let it be any other way I am sure.

1 month later
#2728 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:He let you back out of a season ticket "contract" and allowed you to apply the entire amount to fathom. It absolutely is kind of a refund. If all other series ticket holders (who probably aren't broke but are surely scared shitless about the 4 future games being made after watching the fathom debacle) asked for the same deal what would he do?

being allowed to back out of a season ticket and put the funds to mermaid just means that Haggis still has the money but it is all on one game instead of spread across a number of games

a refund is just that you get all your money back

#2746 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A payment on mermaid becomes liquid when mermaid ships - a payment on season ticket does not. Liability closes when the mermaid ships - not for the season ticket.
Haggis did him a solid with such a move - but it opens them to more sob stories and gaming of season ticket model.

ok, I do see your point flynnibus but on the other side Haggis still has his money towards a game and oldskool1969 didn't get his money back rather moved it from one storage case to another and still at risk if Haggis does not deliver though I do believe they will deliver

#2764 2 years ago

Homepin did it to himself as he almost enjoyed pissing people off

Heighway Pinball were full of lies, promises and 2 weeks

Haggis I think just don't want to make a statement that they can't make, which in turn causes more frustrations to people as I sure they are aware, and Damian being the guy that he is feels bad for not delivering on the date he promised so is bum up head down. I reached out a few weeks ago and given my situation can not afford to buy a game but got time on my hands so offered to help - to prepare a manual, design a topper anything to help his cause and the basic answer was thankyou very much but they are "head down for sure and pushing ahead" and they will let me know if I can help in the future.

In the end unless they come on here and say we have finished 100 games nothing else will be good enough anyway - so unlike Homepin, Heighway, Dutch Pinball, Deeproot, Jpop etc I am sure he is going for "Action speaks louder than words". I would not be surprised that all of a sudden there will be a batch of games in the US ready to go out to people soon - but that is me guessing.

#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I get that haggis has not posted any updates in a while but what kind of update does a depositor get if they email haggis ?

just email him and ask, if you have paid a deposit you are entitled for an update I would think

1 month later
#3841 2 years ago

public holiday here today, hopefully a video soon

1 week later
#4091 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So is Haggis using the Multimorphic P3-ROC board system for Fathom? If not, then what??
Thanks!

FAST Board set

1 week later
#4256 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Posted a few pics over at Aussie Arcade to start. I've taken a few videos too but need to put them together still.
https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/99271-fathom-from-haggis-arrived-in-brisbane/#comment-1250679

looks beautiful, congrats and thanks for sharing to the crowd

#4303 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I never really got it straight how these games are "dimple proof", then looking at the pictures of S/N 30 closely, it looks like the Mermaid playfield is covered by a clear plastic sheet similar to the playfield protectors and/or hardtops. Looking back and searching Pinside, there was some references to this as fact. I don't really mind plastic covered playdfields the way a lot of people do, but it does definitely affect the way the ball rolls and moves compared to clear coated wood. My real problem in this case it doesn't look very well aligned on this game. Interflip used something similar on EM playfields back in the 70's, but I think they cut the holes after the plexi top was put on the wood, so the holes lined up perfectly. Are these tops floating like protectors or glued like Hardtops? Or am I missing something completely?
[quoted image]

it is a scratch resistant acrylic sheet where playfield protectors are polycarbonate. The acrylic is a special formation and similar compound to an car clearcoat to my understanding. I believe the art is applied to the underside of the acrylic panel.

#4493 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You know homepin is good for some things, hey?

boat anchor

#4521 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Replacement playfields are a topside only swap out that even a short attention span guy like me could easily do. I love many of our playfield restoration guys but man would that save me a lot of time and money. And I would expect considerable life out of Haggis playfields before the need arises.
And because I'm quite experienced at flame polishing pinball ramps, I'd give that a go on the original playfield after a swap out. And as I sit here right now, its my very strong guess that flame polishing would work very well.
FYI. Flame polishing is really easy once you've done it and on a flat surface like a playfield, its almost dummy proof.

Wonder if the art is direct printed to the under side of the acrylic top if so could make things a little more challenging

#4524 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Seems like if buffing would remove the protective coating on the acrylic, flame polishing it would be a no go as well. Worth a shot though in the future if anyone has a pf they don't mind risking.

I don't think it is a surface coating rather the material composition itself but only guessing.

#4548 1 year ago

Found out about the PLAYFIELD ACRYLIC TOP:

- It has a scratch resistant 2pack clear coating on its face. You cant flame polish it , you can polish it but with very little effect (polishing is a very fine/minute version of sanding, which is scratching )

- The art is printed onto cast clear then wet applied to rear

#4551 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Swinks, you probably not the person to ask but incase this is something you discussed..... what about using polishes? For example, either the Novus route or even like a 3M paint polish?
If not the above then is it basically a surface that, over time, will wear and it is what it is?

I asked the instigator of the tops / finish.

He said any polishes will contribute eventually to ever so minute sanding effect so the less gritter the polish the better.

I personally have to say while it was cool seeing someone bashing a playfield with a hammer showing the strength and dent protection from the ball - in that jig that shows the ball rolling back and fourth 250k times if you look carefully the plastic does show minor scuffing.

I just wanted to share the above mainly so people don't try to flame polish as that will destroy the sheet. I would be tempted to order a top artwork panel and keep for safe keeping if you knew you were keeping the game for a very long time and knowing it was going to be played alot.

#4592 1 year ago

great video, looks sweet, enjoy

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Well now I'm extra confused because in the video Damian explicitly states that due to the coating, the playfields cannot be polished.

my friend said it isn't advised as well, but you can though will result in minute scratches in time

#4642 1 year ago

looks very nice though I would of been a bit more anal and cable tied the cables a bit more and made a few cables a little longer so they could be grouped

#4656 1 year ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Electrically, you don't want to zip tie certain different types of cables together. This can cause interference in certain circumstances.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

yeah I get that, but those cables should then be cabled separately through the playfield so others can't move on to those.

I use to wire up light aircraft electricals and then wire up high end CNC router and laser machines so understand electrical interference, shielding, sensor interference etc.

- the top circle - personally would make the yellow wire over the pcb's a little longer and group with the others to the right
- the middle circle - make the yellows and oranges a little longer and have a nice loop instead of the criss cross
- the bottom circle -it's already grouped at the back of the playfield so 1 - 2 more cable ties to group down to the plexi changes the look

it's not alot but a few minor changes the look to a more professional look

bacb4d2def4c818ec97c5d345d713a70c5c408a5 (resized).jpgbacb4d2def4c818ec97c5d345d713a70c5c408a5 (resized).jpg

#4729 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Pinball Adventures and Ballarama!

hahaha I know you are joking (and not poicking on you) but we both know Ballarama definitely does not count - can't even make a post let alone a game

1 month later
#5112 1 year ago

I just sold a bunch of mods to Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands and they educated me on WISE payment system - so much better than Paypal for large payments with a very small transfer fee from their account to mine.

1 month later
#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I heard the back box screen just plays movie clips with no game info. Laughable
Edit. I never bothered to look at it before but I see it has a dmd and a back box screen? Or is that just a translite?

yes, dmd and then lcd for movie clips

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.