Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (62 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (62 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

nope not me. It is funny that you mention that because I had a restored fathom that looked identical to proto. It had mirror chrome trim (including coin door) and color led displays and she was a real beauty, just like this will be. I sold it because the rules weren’t enough to pull me in. So I am really excited to learn what Haggis pulled off.

And I do thank you for that Jeff, I still have it!! (if you’re talking about the one you sold me)

[EDIT: I think I bought mine from you before the restored one you’re describing - it’s still nice]

3 weeks later
#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I have the most playable pinball games on the floor of any public location near Atlanta

An arcade that requires an AirBNB reservation is NOT a public location. A public location is one where 30-40 people can come and play or compete.

#2872 2 years ago

The point stands. I’m pretty sure that Portal allows more than 5 people at a time, and it doesn’t cost $250 to get in. So comparing Oasis to Portal is kind of silly, if you ask me.

#2901 2 years ago
Quoted from jjga:

Maybe there should be a separate thread for weird grudge matches?

“Pinside slap fights”, let’s make it happen.

#2944 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You are all mental
Yyyyyyaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh
[quoted image]

Agreed, I like the art on Celts, love the theme too.

3 weeks later
#3497 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm not signing up a promise to buy a Centaur, i had Bally Centaur and Bally Fathom at once not too long ago and sold Centaur as it was the same machine in so many respects with different art. i liked the art on fathom more so kept it.
I sold my beautiful Bally fathom when i put the deposit on the beautiful Haggis fathom.

I made the exact same decision about 10 years ago. I did a playfield swap on Centaur, and I think one problem I have is that once I’ve spent 60 hours on a swap I don’t love the game anymore. I don’t think it’s the same machine as Fathom, but I agree that Fathom’s art is better, and Fathom is less bonus-heavy than Centaur.

I’m still toying with the idea of selling my Fathom to help pay for another new Stern, but that feels like heresy. 1979-1981 was the golden age of pinball, and Fathom…is….Jesus?

#3522 2 years ago

We had a lot of haggis and scotch eggs at the Highland Games while we were in Scotland. Both are foods of the gods!

#3586 2 years ago

Nothing wrong with having strong opinions about beer and wine. I’m far from being a wine snob, won’t pay more than $20 a bottle. But I’ll gladly tell you that white wine tastes like piss to me.

I’ll try any beer at least once. This is what I was drinking last night. I bought it for my dad and it was still in his fridge a month later.

398403B5-C398-4750-B5B2-0D219637E191 (resized).jpeg398403B5-C398-4750-B5B2-0D219637E191 (resized).jpeg
#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's one thing to sell a NIB game down the track for a profit. This is something else that i didn't expect.
Leaves a bad smell.

I started a whole thread on this new phenomenon of selling a deposit for profit. Pinside consensus in that poll was that these d*bags are doing nothing wrong. Maybe, but it won’t change the way I view the practice, I think it’s shitty. Anyway, karma is a real thing, and people around here notice this kind of behavior.

#3695 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Its the same thing as a selling ANY game for a profit at any time. A preorder is no different.

I know that YOU can’t see the difference between selling a deposit for a 150% profit and selling an actual game (for say a 20% profit), but many us can it very clearly.

#3699 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

The shadow I bought from you was for the same amount you paid for it? I doubt it. LOL

Now that you mention it, I LOST money on that game because you asked me for a discount. I also put more than 40 hours of hard work into restoring it. So, go pound sand on that theory.

#3702 2 years ago

I guess my last word on it is that when it comes to pinball, I see 2 different kinds of mindsets. There are those who are always creating something of real value, either through restorations or mods or brand new games. Or yes, opening an arcade AirBnB. That’s creating real value. Then there are those who try to capture all that value by squeezing every dime they can out of the hobby. d0n I see more and more of the “squeeze every dime” person in you, and less and less of the “create or share something of value”. It’s not personal, I just don’t like takers.

If I jabbed you in some other thread, you probably said something to deserve it.

#3710 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Pinside maybe needs a new for sale category for selling preorder spots. I just paid $55 to sell a preorder spot as if it were an actual $10k+ NIB pinball game.

You just made $1500 selling something you never even owned. I wouldn’t be complaining about a $55 fee if I were you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.