IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4221 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Did the first game get delivered yet? That’s right, we don’t know cause the gps was never installed and the Aussie banditos may not have been thwarted. Delivery should be soon as the box has been on the road for three days now. When will Bill be seen and when will Fathom be dropped off? The world anxiously awaits the arrival of Bob with Fathom.
We’ve got so much time on our hands there is time to establish a betting pool. I’d put $5 on Wed, May 11 at 12pm noon local time. Is there a market?

Australia is a huge place. Bill has other deliveries apart from fathom from factory straight to it's destination. The new owner is happy with that arrangement so it will get there when it gets there.

I too am waiting on Bill to bring me a fathom (an original) but I'm just happy to wait until it arrives...I'm another 1200km up the road from where the new fathom in question is being delivered.

2 weeks later
#4450 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

You should probably change the name to okgameroom. I've got the ultimategameroom title sewn up.

Its not a dick swinging contest.....

#4473 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Exactly. Not to mention the LE cliques in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne who do not even advertise their machines but trade amongst themselves in a incestfull way.

Wow - so people aren't allowed to sell machines amongst themselves???? I wasn't aware it was compulsory to take out a full page advert in a national newspaper to sell a pinball. Whats wrong with selling a machine to a mate or person with a common interest?

I really don't get your comments about cliques. I've been in pinball circles for the last 15 -20 years. People in all those cities have welcomed me into their homes, pinball get togethers, competitions and other events. Sometimes i've met people through forums, facebook, mutual friends simply saying you should meet this guy or girl - they are great.

I have seen a few rules in Australia, but would have thought they would be universal:
1. Don't be a tool or talk yourself up (looking at d0n)
2. Respect other people's opinions and property

I host events at my place and help out with other events in Townsville - some competitive, some social. All are open to anyone. We have kicked a couple of people out. One was for using foul language with kids around and pushing and shoving machines, the other was for drunken behaviour and not respecting the owners machines.

Other than that, 99% of people i've met are great and we are all there to enjoy pinball. One thing i've found - if you make the effort to be nice and get to know people, its reciprocated in the vast majority of cases.

#4476 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't understand your comments Rob. There certainly are cliques or circles that are insular in Australia.
There's nothing wrong with selling a pinball to a mate, why would you be defensive about it? Where did i say it's not allowed to sell a pinball to a mate? Full page advert in national newspaper? Do you extrapolate much? Where the fuck does your madness stem from? Certainly not anything i said.
People in pinball are great, they have also welcomed me into their homes, get togethers etc.
Have not dissed the basic rules of being a person you talk about, so not understanding where that comes from.
99% of people i've met in pinball are great too, so not seeing where we disagree?
I also host events at my place. Every Sunday is Silverball Sunday and i hold an open comp where my house and my 26 machines are open to all. I fill the car park out the front up.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057337875131
You should come down and play a comp here. Good people, good machines and good fun. Sounds like it would do you good.
SoTherePunkin

My comments stemmed from yours that said "cliques in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne who do not even advertise their machines but trade amongst themselves in a incestfull way."

To me that reads as you think it is not cool to not advertise machines and likened it to incest - which is not a typical socially accepted thing. So i simply questioned why you see it as not socially accpetable to sell a machine amongst mates without advertising.

Yep - i extrapolated suggesting a full page advert is required - apologies.

The comments about basic rules were simply my take on why some people (not suggesting you) think there might be cliques - maybe they aren't willing to fit in with a local culture. They always want things thier way. For example, we have one regular spot locally where its typically a Fri night get together and typcially no kids, so things are OK to get a bit rowdier. At my place, i typically hold daytime events, and have my young kids and other young kids so there are things (langauge etc) that are not as socially acceptable at my events as others. Not that i'm special, its just reading the room and the vibe.

I'd love to join one of your events if i'm down your way (1800km south of me), i typically look out for local events when i'm travelling and have met some great people that way.

2 weeks later
#4684 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That looks like one of those empty cabinets that people made fun of in the #No Words video. How the heck did they build and ship that without employees as we were told?
Looks like the #No Words video was talking loud and clear to those of us paying attention.
Congratulations, Wesh

Maybe all these machines ready to ship were hiding in the dunny that Bill the transport guy wasn't allowed to go to.....(and i have it first hand that it wasn't even Bill anyway - but trolls never let facts get in the way of a good rumour)

2 weeks later
#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

I had to go look this up as I was suspicious, well F@$k me, first link I click says it has 5x yield compared to cane!

Not sure about 5x the yield. Read that the yield potential for sugar beet is 24T sugar per Ha. since 2am this morning i have been harvesting a trial with sugar cane (North Qld) and we were producing 170T cane/Ha at 15% sugar which is 25.5T/Ha of sugar. I've worked with cane farmers who have achieved 32T sugar/ha.

From what i understand, cane is grown where its hot (and good rainfall or irrigation), beet where its cold. Lots of expereicen with cane, no experience with beet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=robm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.