Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (63 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (62 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorsedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Only other would be EBD

Depends how far in what directions "era" refers to. I can think of some rare beauties slightly newer from Bally;

BMX
Radical
Escape From The Lost World (but not in a banana cab lol)
Heavy Metal Meltdown

so on, so on

Did I notice "Midway" in amongst all of that from Damian?

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm waiting for one of these companies doing remakes to do Theatre of Magic. I'm in on preorder for sure.

Way way way better than that reject of a thing CC!! For certain!

Still I rekon, good for this lot;

Radical
Skateball
Escape from the Lost World

2 weeks later
#938 2 years ago
Quoted from Jumpydoctor:

So does that mean only Fathom is getting the hybrid play field? 1m36
Rest of classic series normal?? Or am I completely off the mark.

To me he was just saying that Fathom only available with the hybrid playfield. Suggesting that all to follow will be the same deal as that. Centaur only available with hybrid playfield, so on, so on.

#981 2 years ago

The problem with top layers not being fully adhered to the playfield wood is the potential for squishy void space between the polymer and the playfield wood.

Holding it down with posts and stuff will not give the same solid result as adhering the full surface of the laminate top layer to the actual playfield. It only takes tiny amounts of distortion of top layer to create a gap that will affect the ball behaviour.

I would be less wary if this hybrid playfield was laminated and bonded so as to be one piece. The way it seems like it will be is that it is not bonded, just "clamped down" in a few places but not in the middle where the ball rolls and reacts.

Maybe I have the construction details wrong?, but the way it sounds to me is that there is no bonding of the layers which to me is pretty important for multiple reasons. Things and bits and fine contaminant will certainly eventually find their way in between. Somewhat like with protectors except partiles end up beneath the art, but still hold a cushion like gap.

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

What’s that quote about pleasing some of the people some of the time

Some of the people all of the time

or

All of the people some of the time

never ; All of the people all of the time.

Some of the people some of the time is just a gimme , that could just be pleasing 2 or 3 of the people every now and then lol

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Even with fully floating playfield protectors this really doesn't cause a problem. .... unless the material gets deformed with heat or something. ...

The first part does not reflect reality. It is one of the demonstrable downsides to PF protectors, the crap that works its way in between from edges no matter how well fitted.

Glad you brought up distortion too, because that is exactly what posts will cause if clamped down onto loose plastic, even if it is 1/8" thick or whatever. The only way is for posts to not have much tension, but then they can move.

The quoted analysis is what is more of a "nuthing" burger. lol

Anyway the proof will be in the puding and time will only tell for sure. I do hope I'm wrong, but from an Engineering standpoint at least a degree of concern is waranted, small details that are imprtant do sometimes get overlooked. It only takes a thou of an inch to not be solid.

I say "hope" because I am in on a ME. I also use playfield protectors, despite their proven downsides, so I can tell you for a fact they do have a few shortcomings too.

But what would I know with about 3 decades experience in mechanical engineering.

"Pinball is hard"

#998 2 years ago

Look at the Bally Elektra re issues, pretty much none.

Indeed. Although Elektra is rather different in some aspects.

Just saying, at the edges where drops and stuff is placed, no pinball grime is going to have any gap at all to work its way between over time?.

How much tension do I apply to a post so that it is tight but does not create any distortion?

I'm not very convinced, but I am happy to be wrong in my suspicion about this. More the longer term impacts I am curious about, and customer x-factor/impact/destruction can't be known for sure either, until a longer term has expired, and people have tried to adjust outlanes or change a rubber.

If it were bonded like a hardtop I wouldn't have anything to wonder about.

Yep I'm in on one anyway of course. I was never trying to suggest it was a deal breaker. Just saying I can't see it as ideal.

If there was the option for a traditional all wooden playfield, that would have been my choice. But there isn't.

I will certainly be very interested to see and play!.

#1000 2 years ago

And while I'm having a good old motherland whinge Lol ....

The other thing I would have probably thought about another way ... the coin door.

Is 4 pieces of angle ... and a hinge strip ... .... oh never mind. ha ha

I still bought it (deposit) even though I think the coin door looks horrible and clunky and out of place. There I said it.

I feel better now.

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - dust/dirt is what people complain about - and that level of movement isn’t going to cause any ball deflection the player needs to worry about. Besides having the hard surface above would avg any variation out anyway. Its a non issue today on the protectors that are purely floating and as thin as possible— it is not going go be a problem on a secured, heavier, more rigid layer

Lol... i look forward to you trying to create displacement in acrylic by tightening your posts.
Issues with attachment points being off kilter causing pinching and concerns about being flat are addressed in their pattern/cutting for the plastic layer. And since it will be factory built, any mistakes can be addressed by qa - they don’t have to deal with varying playfield runs, sloppy prior builds etc like an aftermarket product install.
As long as their material is flat and doesn’t bow due to expansion- this is all perfectly manageable by production and should be stable in the customer’s hands.

Pmsl

Okay mate, I get you don't -fathom- it

Never mind.

#1031 2 years ago

They will all sell, no worries!

#1036 2 years ago

With greater than 90% gone, and still people cottoning on nearly too late, and I think shipping for Canada? ... it's pretty much done I rekon. By tomorrow people that delay the longest might find "sold out". Who knows.

The team video there: Centaur, Paragon, Viking. I think those 3 will be in the list to come.

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Less than a couple of hrs to go people. Just thought I’d see how many were left. Looks like 11 and that’s it. That’s all it would allow me put in my cart.

Returned a "Sold Out" for me just now ... still a little bit of time to go!?

#1066 2 years ago

That's what that fear thing's about ....

... missed out

#1068 2 years ago

Be interesting what proportion went overseas.

#1146 2 years ago

Unfortunately the REAL Aussie Bogan is in a slow death due to PC culture.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ripper post mate!!

Quoted from KJS:

Bundaberg Rum is a shocker....embarrassing as hell...

Lol Yep Bundy is kinda like Vegimite, some love it with a passion while some loathe it with a passion!

#1150 2 years ago

Waaait a minute!?! ... s'that someone channeling Homepin!??

Gramma' nazis I'm All Four It!

Also maths. Maths is awesome especially triggernometry!

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Am I missing something? Australia had like 10 cases of covid yesterday WTF are you in lock down?

No mate, seems more like some other people could be missing something.

People suffering a bit of the old parasitic mind, unfortunately.

Human nature and history repeating.

There is no reason for hold up of production due to this narative, none that are reasonable anyways. But unreasonable things do happen, so we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

I'm in no rush anyway. My stipulation to Damian is that I don't need my game built until after all of the international orders have been filled.

#1161 2 years ago

I just got word of my machine number; #92

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

That’s great. For those of us still waiting on our number, how did they notify you ? Email or via the order status being updated. Also, did they tell what sequence you are (since numbers were not assigned in order). Thanks

My preferences listed at checkout were all unavailable. I got an email and had another go. I said if none in the second round were any good that he should pick one! Lol. Got an email reply today with that number quoted as my allocation.

I am sure Damian is working through and matching everything up. Notification will come.

#1192 2 years ago

We do Holden models around here too!, I'm a HX ... and that one was a seemingly popular demographic as well, taken early on by the sounds of the posts here.

Mermaid could have gotten around in the back of my birth-year Sandman Van, flamin surfie bus Lol, how appropriate it could have been to slide a Matching Numbers Mermaid into the back of a surfie hack!

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Sorry, I do Ford. XT Falcon.

Ahh yes, there is an XA Superbird hiding in one of these sheds here, but that old girl pre-dates me by about half a decade. Best model Aust Ford though imho.

Not that biased here, even though a Holden family through and through. Hemi is great too!.

Classic not plastic!

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m still offended

... I'm possibly even triggered and outraged as well !

*at the concept of Xmas being in Winter!? Wtf? Lol

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I would have thought, while true (like if you asked for number 44 but where actually customer 134), a number right down the line would be a reasonable indication of where you stand in the production line. Don't think they were just throwing other (non-requested) numbers out randomly.

Weren't you in early though? ... I rekon yours gets built before mine hey?

I'm 92, but I must have been later than the 200th ME sale. I bought in on the penultimate day.

I would guess the build order should align with the order of sales. Except the series buyers being first.

If someone was the 10th buyer and asked for #222, for example, then that would be opposite to my case.

I guess I just mean that perhaps receipt date (chronology order) would be the best indication of the order games might be built in.

My payment advice was 19th of May, 10pm ACST

The way it seemed to me from correspondence when my initial list of numbers were all unavailable, buyers whom requested no number were probably not allocated until after sales ended, and after all requests were reconciled. I did not get a list of remaining numbers, but did learn the highest and lowest numbers available at the time (54-244), so I sent another dozen picks and said I'd leave it up to them.

After all whom were requesting numbers actually had one, then I think the remaining build numbers would have been slotted to the unspecified# list of buyers. I have no idea how many that would be, but I guess they would be fairly well scattered through?

#1238 2 years ago

I think I was order 58 asked for #69 ( gone ) and settled on #181

But is that the 58th ME purchase? ... or 58th Store purchase?

I mean the important data is most likely what date for the store purchase?

I also asked that my game can be built after all the international games are shipped, I'll be saving ... and later doesn't fuss me really. I will be right near the end there somewhere.

#1241 2 years ago

I'd say there will be multiple containers...

1 week later
#1262 2 years ago

2021-06-14 15.14.46.png2021-06-14 15.14.46.png

On Special! AU$2.75 pk

3 weeks later
#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I don't know what the ratio is any longer, but I think it has shifted dramatically and the home market makes up a significant amount of the market, so much so that if there was enough demand I think even the big manufactures would consider the request if it thought it would help them sell more games! We know we've got one person in Oz ready to commit! There has to be more. The move would change your resale market for sure and I would think it would shrink your resale market, I offer no proof for this assumption

This is it!

Exactly the way "DLC doesn't affect anyone whom doesn't want it" mentality exists.

Everyone starts getting cut down home versions with no doors in the front... then suddenly shock horror ... price gets to be the same anyway, and access to your game becomes more of a pain.

Now paying same for a cut down game that looks incomplete and is less convenient to access.

Like new flimsy cheap arse lockdown system that is not so secure for operators and a PITA. I converted my RaM to a conventional system it sucked so bad. Also the reason I flogged off my ACDC Ve, when those silly spring clips pulled out of the front inside of the cabinet by the screws.

Silly homer ideas being implimented that make things worse when there was no need to change anything to start with, except perhaps the pursuit of ever increasing profit. Get the homers out of pinball "re-invention". Lol

#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Bugger I just caught on this site and all the Mermaid Editions are sold the classic is definitely not worth buying. Hopefully EBD will be in the line up.

https://nitropinball.com/products/fathom-mermaid-edition-preorder

Might be able to swing something. Write some emails.

1 week later
#1424 2 years ago

100%. It was definitely a bit surreal last year with everyone kind of going nuts spending on everything as an alternative to OS holidays, a diversion from boredom, etc.

Yeah nah yeah it was real though.

No question.

#1427 2 years ago

Yeah it was all around, no missing it. I've seen cars I own(current not collector's), a boat I've got a major share in, all go up to the point I'm selling out of one at a profit (the boat). That's the mind blowing part for me. Then there's pinball...

Gonna be real again looks like, but perhaps a bit the other way. Assistance here not realistically available to smallest businesses this time. Clearing out loads of mum and dad livelihoods. Nobody seems to care is a bit surreal.

Others may come up for sale too, I'd say. They will sell quickly, just saying some people that ordered may have been a "special buy" for their budget and many are under additional financial stress now. ...

#1428 2 years ago

Back to the game ...

Fathom has been on my wish list basically since I started in pinball. Prior to having any games I started with VP in the early days, playing alot of Whitewater, BBB, ID etc. etc. ... and the only Fathom I have played yet is on VP. I bought a Maverick that was about shot, cheap, and it puzzled me... stored it for a year. Then purchased a well used Whitewater, working, and that was where it started! Lol

Now really excited for the Haggis revisit of Fathom, can't wait to play some! . Love the older games and found myself with some old Sterns and Gottlieb. Bally has been lacking.

I barely remember much of the original ruleset as I only ever played maybe dozens of games... but I've been studying up a bit...

So what does everyone think will be features of the 2.0 code?

Also, similar story for Cenaur revisited, maybe even more excited for that one. Re. the 2.0 updated Centaur rules as well?.

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Wow. $4000 non refundable deposit. Am I reading that correctly? I paid $1500 AUD deposit.
[quoted image]

Also isn't that USD? ...

So 1500 > 5500

#1466 2 years ago

Does anyone think Viking might make the 5?

4 months later
#1869 2 years ago

If you are a prick you don't get one, I didn't get one

I got mine last week! ... which is weird then since I kinda believed I was a prick?

Anyway, don't worry about the odd delays, it's just while the people finish shooting the elephant in the room that half the world population is still pretending isn't there Lol

*completely non pinball related

1 month later
#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Any word on Fathom?

I thought this was a Celts thread for a moment had to do a double-take :3

1 week later
#2372 2 years ago

Yep, celts thread to a snake thread ... what's next ... anything goes except the topic I suppose

#2463 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Only the Male has Poison, and it's more potent during mating season, to fight of the other gents.
Platerpus are beyond Cute, look at him!
P.S. Fathom is gonna be great.
[quoted image]

One of a very short list of mammals that lay eggs. :3

#2514 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Yeah I was wondering how the thread from Fathom to Flood. Must be a link there somewhere.

Mermaid lets you drown in the deep water. I thought the link was obvious!? Lol

#2546 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Australia, once known as New South Wales, was originally planned as a penal colony. In October 1786, the British government appointed Arthur Phillip captain of the HMS Sirius, and commissioned him to establish an agricultural work camp there for British convicts. With little idea of what he could expect from the mysterious and distant land, Phillip had great difficulty assembling the fleet that was to make the journey. His requests for more experienced farmers to assist the penal colony were repeatedly denied, and he was both poorly funded and outfitted. Nonetheless, accompanied by a small contingent of Marines and other officers, Phillip led his 1,000-strong party, of whom more than 700 were convicts, around Africa to the eastern side of Australia. In all, the voyage lasted eight months, claiming the deaths of some 30 men.

That version of australia history is a totally out there fairytale, and most aussies have heads burried so deep in the sand they don't even know it themselves; believe it like gospel. Taught at school, must be right hey? lol. Australias "history" is the most nonsense full of holes joke of all the worlds fabricated histories.

The prisoners whom Were on the boats were brought to 'New Holland' not for stealing bread and petty crap like that but for attempting overthrow of corrupt govt. Put them with the white rebels (survivors) who were already here pre 1770s. After scratching the surface it starts to get even more interesting.

Way more lies in the world than anyone could have ever imagined. It's all about at the point of coming out now.

Australia may have the dumbest full of holes false history. But europe certainly has about the most harrowing false history setup. :3

Don't worry about the drop bear fairytale. Start collecting kangaroo feathers instead.

#2563 2 years ago

There is plenty of updates on the state of affairs for anyone prepared to investigate for themselves.

There's more going on than some people care to know about.

1 month later
#3747 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

That’s coconuts. C8’s are nice but can’t hold a candle to a 73 Falcon GT XB for instance

Yep, that's for sure. Or but then go next level and sit yourself in an L34 powered A9X Hatchback. Aussie built GMH baby!

These literally ran rings around the overweight Aussie Ford Coupes (which evolved into Australian XC Cobra). More than 6 laps back to the nearest Ford in this race. Holden LX A9X (non L34) Kerb weight: 2608lbs . 308ci L34 Holden V8 176 kW / 236 hp (SAE gross) @ 4800rpm, 434 Nm / 320 ft-lb @ 3400rpm. Stock from production line.

#3756 1 year ago
Quoted from blue95:

Problem is, road going A9X's only came out with the base ADR27A L31, racecars carried over the L34 spec with the big heads

Yep all the good stuff wasn't required for homologation. I put the L34 gear into a T400 308 for my SS. Well stage3 for the cam anyways. Saginaw 4spd for taller diff. Commodore disc brake Salisbury with detroit locker.

The few dozen Bathurst cars were about 380hp? ... yerp, went like a cut snake.

1 month later
#4503 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

My collection will never be complete until I own Punchy the Clown!
Keep up that sales pitch… Pump and Dump![quoted image]

Wow look, after beer, cars, and dick swinging ... finally the Olympic comes to join the party!

TitanicOlympic (resized).jpegTitanicOlympic (resized).jpeg

Shouldn't leave the Titanic out!

Why on earth would they want to FF sink the new shiny undamaged one!?

Whitestar hey look at that, even has a name link to pinball!

1 year later
#6577 5 months ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Way back when I first ordered, I asked for last too! Damian told me #250 was gone but he could give me #249. I sent my balance about a month ago. I wanted to be last because that would give me more time to get the money together (plus of course, bugs being worked out and all that...). Good news is that I was given lots of time...

I said I wanted to be left til After all of the Export games had been made. Last was fine too. Same sorts of reasons. But also know what it's like buying Spooky games when you're in Australia. I have an invoice, but trying to sell other games to pay that, bad economic conditions. Dire really.

#6578 5 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

There is no excuse for poor communication. If there is nothing shady going on then why not just talk to your customers and explain what's going on? This whole "pay us in full and we'll deliver your order at some unknown point in the future" would be unacceptable in any other business so why is it acceptable here?

Convid.

Pretty simple. But everyone still pretending in wonderland, so I guess they can't Really say the Actual reason for half of Australias businesses dematerialising, and being replaced with technocorp or other 'services'. Or why they're (most probably) extremely cash strapped like every other business after all the bulls#it and destruction that's occuuring.

My invoice is outstanding, sad to say. I have to sell a game for the funds (which was always the plan). I have Never been unable to sell a game before, but when your Tweaked OG Heighway Alien won't sell for what's basically us$8K and sits there for sale for months, thousands of people viewed the ads, and have to take the ad down with barely even an enquiry a month later. . . there is a cash/economy problem houston!

There is a massive white elephant plague going on. Ironic how the people do not see it . . . the elephant in the room is White, and it's Big!! lol

I support Haggis, and I know they're for real.. With emails, half the worlds people are being given the runaround by the 'Internet Messaging' systems, whatever they have done, updates changes and whatever. My sattelite 'NBN' hardly cuts the mustard for the usability now, and then there's the fake spam, and spam that gets to the inbox. It's become Absurd.

Anyway Angela did call me on the phone about my Mermaid only a couple of days ago. This came to pass because of the Email problems (which are/were mostly at my end with Losing mail from an email account which I ordered the game with), and because the Outstanding invoice (where the reply was just going to be Paying It; tomorrow when I sell the game, right). I've been trying to sell a couple of games to pay, for months it has been waiting to be paid.

I let her know in our call that I'm working on it, and apologised for the situation. But I am sure we were both well aware of the economic situation, the shhhhh topics as well.

What any would-be keyboard bashers need to realise it that Fathom Mermaid by the end will probably have cost them as much to Make and ship, as what they recieved from buyers, without profit, and that's optimistic I reckon, the way prices rose & are still rising. For EVERYTHING. The Longer It Takes Them to finish the More THEY Lose out by inflation in costs of materials and sevices. They would be Cash Poor, and trying to Stay above waterline right now, and yes I feel bad that I haven't covered the invoice. I will get it to them soon. But it is what it is okay, the convid depression and bganksters wars. Goin' down!. Strap yourselves in powder puffs, it's going to get bumpy, for most people it will be bumpy by surprise.

My hopes is, and I believe, that Haggis will make it through. Scottish ancestry

#6591 5 months ago

Lol I thought this was a Haggis thread not a . . .

3 weeks later
#6600 5 months ago

Could be a name of a game . . . "FINKE"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorsedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=razorsedge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.