Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (66 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (66 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1265 2 years ago

Just caught up on this thread.

Truly great work from Haggis and a commendation in recognising the value in appealing to a global pinball market and being transparent and honest with their progress.

What a fantastic thread that finally presents the true Australian pinball scene demographics on pinside.

4 months later
#1647 2 years ago

1. National Measurement Act 1960 (Cth) section 4:

Objects and application of Act

(1) The objects of this Act are:

(a) to establish a national system of units and standards of measurement of physical quantities; and

(b) to provide for the uniform use of those uniform units and standards of measurement throughout Australia; and

(c) to coordinate the operation of the national system of measurement; and

(d) to bring about the use of the metric system of measurement in Australia as the sole system of measurement; and

(e) to provide for a national system of trade measurement;

2. National Trade Measurement Regulations (Cth) 2009 section 4.11:

(1) The required measurement marking must be:

(e) in a form in which units of measurement under the metric system are ordinarily written in the English language.

1 month later
#1763 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm not allowed to comment apparently as i'm not nice? So you guys figure it out. Lucky i didn't call anyone a rude fucking name i'd be shot.
I've upset soemone's best mate with too many buttons.

The Australian tendency to speak plainly and directly to each other regardless of one's status can often be a challenge for other cultures to....fathom.
unnamed.gifunnamed.gif

3 months later
#2540 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Sounds like your world was built from sharp edges mate. No matter… if you ever visit Detroit I’ll take you out on the town for some shootin, lootin and American steel V8 pollutin

Is it wrong that while reading that I started humming the intro music to Beverly Hills Cop?

1 week later
#2779 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I wouldn't be surprised if all this carry on will cause Haggis to stop posting on here like Homepin did

Homepin was on borrowed time on pinside from the beginning when he originally chose to align himself with a small section of unrepresentative swill within the Australian pinball scene.

Blatantly false reviews posted on pinside at the time about TBAG ("one step away from perfection!") and hyperbolic propaganda praising the Homepin brand from the AussieArcade lapdogs were only going to maintain the facade until the first machine landed in the Northern Hemisphere and the real feedback started being posted.

1 month later
#3772 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

I believe Macca's in Oz was the 1st in the world to start a breakfast menu & sell breakfast foods and start the McCafe concept selling toasties etc. This has since spread to other countries.

The CEO of Maccas at the time was an Australian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Bell_(businessman)

No doubt completely unrelated to the nutritional value of McDonalds but he subsequently ended up dying of colon cancer.

2 weeks later
#4131 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Fuck yeah! That’s exactly what I always pictured and hoped was there.

This shot was taken in a location called the Breakaways which is about 20 miles outside of an opal mining town called Coober Pedy with desert for 500 miles in every direction.
100_2042 (resized).JPG100_2042 (resized).JPG

It should look familiar if you have seen Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

2 weeks later
#4457 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:..who also don't talk to anyone.. or have social media.. or connect with anyone who does do social media.. pinside... or FB. BUT they were connected enough to know to buy this boutique game from this upstart in Oz.
I'm sure the Yeti is enjoying his Fathom as we speak. The lockness monster told a friend his is on the truck too.

You underestimate the number of Aussie pinball collectors who have abandoned an online presence (or prefer to sit incognito in the background) because of the longstanding poor track record that our domestic forums have in pushing their own self serving top down narratives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=pinsanity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.