Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (66 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (66 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulbaptiste.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Or maybe Fathom remake.
Now that would work.

Would be all over a Fathom remake!

#94 2 years ago

I'm ready to put a deposit on Fathom 2.0!

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe you guys can help me out with this.
I’ve mostly played modern games the oldest pin I’ve owned was BOP. I’ve played some 70/80s pins but not a lot. I recently played Centaur and really liked that. But I’ve not played Fathom ever. But it’s something I’ve thought that I’d love to own because of its reputation and the art is great. But I’ve really been shy from buying old pins and love the new stuff (remakes) love AFM how it is old school but has modern touches. Now Fathom will have both old and new code that’s something I really love.
I’m asking if I should take the chance and order one never having played a Fathom. Now it’s rare so maybe if I don’t love it that’s not a huge deal to sell it.
I’m getting Alien and was thinking about a new Stern but that’s the same story, I can always get a Stern later they will run them for years, but the Fathom is super rare.
I guess my pros / cons
Pro
-Beautiful game (unlike the rest of my collection)
-Rare
-Game is a classic (one of the better 80s games)
- Two sets of rules
Cons
-Never played it
-unknown new company
-Kind of expensive
I’m just curious especially for folks that have owned or played Fathom a lot if it’s a great game? Any advice? I’ve played Beatles and Whoa Nelly (not the biggest fan of Whoa Nelly but liked the Beatles more).
Thanks.

I took the gamble on purchasing an original without ever playing one. I knew I liked the era after getting a Centaur and a few other classic Ballys (Paragon, Embryon, Future Spa). It did not dissapoint. At the the time it was 2x more expensive than any game I owned. Never had a regret.

Went downstairs and played it last night after reading this game announcement and was reminded how truly gorgeous and fun this game is to play. If you ever wanted to own a Fathom, I think this is a no-brainer.

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

still waiting on my machine number. I was like order number 146

I was order 150 and still waiting to hear back.

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Tried to resist but failed. In for Mermaid.

How could you resist?? Welcome to the club!

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

invoice number 305
I have a really nice Bally Fathom is how i thought it would work. But if the Bally holds it's value i'll be upgraded for less than the price of a players condition em. to the latest shiny.
OhhhLOOKShineyPunkin.

I have a nice original as well that almost stopped me from jumping in, but its too pretty to ignore. Offering up that 2.0 code made all the difference. Let's hope they do something amazing with it.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Huh, mine didn't have a beanie hat. Was it supposed to?

Mine didn't either! I noticed that as well.

2 months later
#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I’d love to see another update video from Damian. How many Celts are left? How many games per day are being made? When does he anticipate Fathom builds to start? Did he resolve his delivery door issues?

Also curious whats going on. That Celts games look incredible! Can definitely see the craftsmanship in that build. Super excited to see a real Fathom example in the future.

1 month later
#1711 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Is it just me or does anyone else watch Nitro Pinball's "In Stock" count for Fathom? They have *2* games remaining to sell at which point Fathom ME will be truly sold out.
I guess the next major milestone will be when we see video from Haggis of the first Fathom ME being built. Soon I hope!

They were cutting some playfields so hopefully they aren't too far off!

4 months later
#2985 2 years ago

Looks incredible! So excited to be in line for this game and confident that those who stayed in line for Fathom will be handsomely rewarded. I’m okay if it takes another 6 months or a year as it’ll be worth it.

#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

That's a decision I will have to make with my CC now that I have a deposit on CCRLE. Do I wait till I have the new one to decide? Do I sell it now? Do I keep both? This is the first time I have been in the position where I have to decide between keeping the original or the remake. I'm finding it's not an easy decision.
One thing I am certain of.... Putting a deposit on the Fathom remake will be one of my best decisions.

I’m in the same boat. I have a nice original, but also have a new playfield and stencils to bring it all the way. I want to hold onto it and see how they stack up to each other. There will always be a market for a nice original Fathom I’d think.

4 weeks later
#3701 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I paid $3200 for it. I don't beg for anything john. You've been shooting jabs at me on pinside for a few years now. What's your problem dude?

It seems like every time this thread starts to get positive or gain any upward momentum, albeit talk about beer or terrifying food dishes, you come in here and drag it all down. It’s so tiring and unfair to anyone that hopes to learn about the game or just be a part of this community. You continually poison the well. Aren’t you tired of talking shit and tearing everyone down yet?

#3797 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I've got one for sale .. $3k. We're so close to games shipping. Nobody in their right mind is selling a mermaid preorder spot NOW for what it cost them.

C90027C1-C352-4084-AB57-03FEB2186339 (resized).jpegC90027C1-C352-4084-AB57-03FEB2186339 (resized).jpeg
#3864 1 year ago

Fuck Yeah!!! Go Haggis!!!

#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

That would be me - I'm in Brisbane, Australia and a Haggis season ticket holder. Very excited to see this one going in the box!

That’s awesome! Congratulations!

1 week later
#4059 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Why sell it for no profit?! Wanna sell the other one too?!

So you list it again for 10k? Why anyone would sell it to you or buy from you is beyond me.

2 weeks later
#4281 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’d be hilarious if he made your 4 games last

We can start a change.org petition just for this, I’ll sign!

#4289 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

so what was the price before you dropped it to 5K ?

He had one at 10k and the buyer backed out. I'm assuming that is this one. Sometimes tire kicking is in order with a 10k preorder spot. Keep kicking I say.

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

The dudes name is VisualMagic I would expect nothing less…

Damn skip!! I'm with this guy. Bring on the theatrical miracles of Fathom 2.0!

#4340 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm 55. Very handsome too. Thank you. This is my buddy T-Pain.
[quoted image]

Trying to glean the entire truth from this statement….

You are 55?

1 month later
#4958 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Something showed up today. I had gotten notification last Wednesday that my game had cleared customs. Hadn't heard anything until this morning when I got an automated text saying it was out for delivery. I called to have them have the diver call me with a 30 minutes heads up. The driver called around lunch time and said he had left it in my driveway and was on to the next stop lol. So no inspection or signature. I rushed home and the box was in perfect shape and the game appears have no shipping damage thankfully. Got it in my gameroom. Will set it up and test it out later tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous! Looks like it will have some nice companions as well. Glad to see more games landing!

#4976 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It can absolutely be fixed via code. Even better, make it a user adjustable setting for backglass brightness.

That has been my only grip on this game so far as well. It's just too blue all around. I have an original and love the color and this gets lost in the lighting; both in the backglass and under the glass.

#4982 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Got notice from Damian last night and bank wired my balance first thing this morning. Projected completion date is 8 weeks but I have no problem if they go long. Worth the wait IMO.
I'm not a Series member so they must be wrapping it up for those people and now on to the Mermaids.
I'm still shaking my head at the people who gave zero credit to the #NOWORDS video and instead chose to demonized every second of it. Maybe Haggis should have named it #STFU

Awesome news! More mermaids getting out into the world! Look forward to hearing people talk about the new code and build quality instead of worrying if it'll ship. Way to go Haggis!!

1 week later
#5062 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

The Ghostbusters warned us about crossing streams. Don't do this.

Amen! Please don’t!

#5076 1 year ago

Received my invoice on Friday. Requested a bit more information regarding my place in line. The freight thing gets me. You have the option to upgrade and ship direct for an extra $1700 (guesstimate ) or wait 3 or 4 months or longer to fill a container? How long will it take to get a full container ready to ship to the US? That is the question I’d like an answer on. Either way, I’m excited to be in line for production!

#5090 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I'm debating whether to go air or sea. The only thing that concerns me about sea is how long it will take Haggis to fill a container's worth of Fathoms.
If it takes Haggis 4 months to build my game once I pay for it, then a couple more months waiting for a container full, then 3 months on the boat. Then however long it takes PPs to ship out to me. I could easily that whole process taking nearly a year. That's a long time to wait after making a full payment.

I see the majority of new owner making the same decision. I don’t want to wait 6 months to fill a container and who knows what the status of things will be 6 months from now. Great I hope, but I’d rather spend more now to have the game in hand than to put off ownership for that long. Hopefully in the future we can have an idea of production numbers. Right now it could be only 1 game a week? I have no idea.

I just sold my original Fathom and playfield/restoration package today. I’m all in. Paying my final invoice tomorrow.

Go Haggis!!

#5103 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

If many customers choose air freight, filling that container will take even longer...

Which is exactly what will happen and is happening.. Damian did respond to my questions about freight and said the vast majority of orders have elected to go air freight.

#5128 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

They have answered every email I have sent. Not always happy with the answer I get but there is always a response within a few days.

Same. They have always replied to my requests. Months ago I asked for my place in line and got an approximate answer. Asked about lead times and freight once invoiced and also got an answer.

Eight emails to cointaker though…. Still unanswered. Unrelated I know.

2 weeks later
#5218 1 year ago

Website is back up!!

Let’s go Haggis!!

F07F6EE6-4898-4710-BD49-A0CD0918A884 (resized).pngF07F6EE6-4898-4710-BD49-A0CD0918A884 (resized).png
#5222 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of video's on youtube (or elsewhere) with so many people having a Haggis Fathom. It's such a beautiful game worthy of showing off...

I concur. I'd love to see more of the 2.0 code also. There have been some code updates since release, but has that changed any of the existing modes or was that just bug fixes? How is the new code compared to the original?

I'd love to learn more. It would keep the rest of us entertained while we wait.

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Curious to know if you sold your fathom slot for over asking.

It’s pending at $2100

1 week later
#5359 1 year ago

W

Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Just got notification. My game comes tomorrow.
[quoted image]

How exciting! Congratulations!!

#5367 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m no streamer, nor great player but here’s a little Revisited gameplay recorded from my phone if you’re interested to see any. Never even seen a fathom in person before let alone played one. This is my 5th game in so no real idea of rules yet.

Thanks for sharing! The light show looks incredible.

2 weeks later
#5563 1 year ago

I'll be at 8 weeks this coming Monday. I didn't plan to see it in time, but will be reaching out then for an update. Hopefully a flood of games start showing up. Excited to get mine for sure.

#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Little bloke scored a hat while playing. Go Haggis!
[quoted image]

That’s awesome! Planting seeds for the future. I hope Haggis can continue to reintroduce classics for the next generation of pinball enthusiasts.

2 weeks later
#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Every single person smiling.

They certainly are aren’t they! How many haves have that effect on people? Haggis took what is arguably the most beautiful game in pinball and found a way to make it even more gorgeous. That in itself is incredible.

1 month later
#5784 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Also , I don't think there's a rule if you've received a game you have to post it on pinside .

Well damnit there should be!! I kid..I kid…

Well this American was told yesterday my game will be ready to ship in the next two weeks. Like others I’ll elect DHL shipping as it didn’t sound like they were anywhere close to filling a container.

3 weeks later
#5896 1 year ago

Can’t wait! Mine is supposed to be ready to ship middle of next week. Fingers crossed!!

#5916 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you'd like to sell your spot, I'd like to buy it. I'll add a couple of hundred extra for your time.
Please email me.
Thanks

Are you serious?? Your flipping one now for 30k and you want to purchase another for a few hundred dollars over cost? How generous... I hope no one contributes to this.

#5932 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

The individuals who are touting receiving their machines and not disclosing their order number, date of purchase and series ticket holder status when asked are complicit in haggis deception.
I got my machine and everything is great without disclosure should not be an acceptable community standard.
I paid my deposit when asked and they as told me 8 weeks and some machines were being shipped. I had my doubts and entering 12 plus weeks now since payment, I am now very unhappy. I may sell my spot or pursue other options depending on Haggis's response.
Everything is not great with Haggis and the emperor might not have any clothing.

Not sure if this will give you any piece of mind or not but for your reference,

I’m order #150, game 247, was told my spot in line/ build number was approximately 1/4 way through the build. I paid in full more than 20 weeks ago (mid July) and my game is set to ship this coming week.

I’ve gone through the same emotions of doubt , anger and worry all the way back to being excited about finally getting my game. We all wish we could see a build schedule and know when our games were coming. Outside of Spooky I’m not sure of any manufacturer that tells us their weekly output. The problem is that Haggis started completely transparent and for whatever reason chose to go quiet (self preservation Id guess). Which rightfully leads to worry and conjecture.

Just to put it in perspective, my communication with Haggis has been far better than any I received while waiting for my TBL or Alien… The big difference between the two is I knew going in I had 12 months to wait for Lebowski…. With Haggis the goal posts keep moving.

I’m 100% confident ours games are coming and I too wish everyone that has a game on order had a better idea of when….

But they are coming!

#5978 1 year ago

Just got the shipping notice. Game is scheduled to arrive December 28th! So excited for this to land and be unboxed and played as intended. I gave up my original to finance this one and I’ve missed the sounds of Fathom talking to me in my basement.

2 weeks later
#6139 1 year ago

Just letting the tears flow.....

Pictures are pretty much in order from seeing him open the door with damage to the box, to unloading and verifying damage...then sending the thing away...

I've never had a worse freight experience, and this has nothing to do with the damage. If it would've came in perfect shape I'd feel the same. 5 days of "Out for delivery", 20 some phone calls, countless emails, escalated tickets through customer service...Not a single phone call returned from DHL. Then they call me today and tell me they can't deliver to a residence, they don't have a liftgate. How many people run a business or have a friend somewhere to navigate that problem? And then it arrives... Seriously...Never had an experience like this.

Spoke with Damien on the phone and he is hard at work to rectify my shitty situation.

What a disapointing day my Fathom friends..

haggis fathom 1 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 1 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 2 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 2 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 3 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 3 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 4 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 4 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 5 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 5 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 6 (resized).jpghaggis fathom 6 (resized).jpg
#6142 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Looks like they pushed it with a fork. Did it go through? If it was just the one spot (bottom rear of game), I would have probably kept and repaired myself. How is Damian rectifying? Surely not sending back to Aus???

They are talking with DHL. No idea what will happen to the damaged game. It just happened an hour ago, but was happy enough to get a call from Damien within 10 minutes of me sending an email about what happened. They will get me squared away and keep me updated on what the plan is.

Believe me, I wanted it to be inconsequential enough to keep the game. It's not. It punctured the cab and went through the bottom of the game. I've waited long enough for this I don't want to have to repair and color match the cabinet. I don't want to repair anything. I want a complete, unblemished game. That was part of the reason for paying an to having it airfreighted to my home.

1 month later
#6205 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Medusa is a beautiful machine that must be considered

That’s the one I want the most.

#6207 1 year ago

Got my replacement game a day ago and having a few issues. Most will be addressed with some new parts in route.

One cosmetic issue of note is the coin door. Are any owners have flaking and peeling on the inside of the coin door? I’m not really okay with it on a brand new machine.

379A18FF-0EC4-4913-A15E-D20544428B61 (resized).jpeg379A18FF-0EC4-4913-A15E-D20544428B61 (resized).jpeg62D170F0-F9A7-4F19-B314-68AAABDACEC4 (resized).png62D170F0-F9A7-4F19-B314-68AAABDACEC4 (resized).png
1 week later
#6248 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Who's in on Haggis' next game?!

Please don’t contaminate this thread again with your nonsense. If you’re here to contribute then please do. If your just going to trash the company and insult other owners please save us all time and just remove yourself from the thread.

4 months later
#6393 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Wonderful answer!

Really helpful isn’t it?

5 months later
#6631 4 months ago
Quoted from Carmoney:

Yeah, under the circumstances I think it's reasonable to ask why my machine gets pushed further out so that another buyer in the U.S can get two (or more).

Not unreasonable to wonder what’s going on.

I’ve had my game for a year this week and it’s been broken from day one. I’m still waiting for Haggis to make things right, but they are able to ship new games to a Distributor three hours away from me but somehow can’t ship a box to my front porch and make me whole. I understand your frustration. That’s not Zach’s fault though. At least he responds.

1 month later
#6690 3 months ago
Quoted from Cappy:Is anyone still waiting for their Fathom to be built? Or still waiting for their last full payment invoice? Wondering how close they are to starting to ask for full payment of Centar!

I’m guessing quite a few.

I’m still waiting to be made whole from my game that hasn’t been functional since arrival 1 year ago.

#6697 3 months ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Any reply from haggis?

Quoted from John_I:

This is insane. Part of me wants to believe that they are not aware of your situation. Maybe someone in Australia can get a hold of Haggis for you? As bad as their customer service is, they might have lost or never read any of your emails? Whoever you were in contact with might have left the company? This is in no way excusing them, but they seriously only seem to correspond with people in the USA when it is time to collect money or ship the game (and collect for shipping).

I am solely in contact with Damian. We have no mediator between us. We have over 100 emails between us on this situation. I haven’t bothered with an accurate ratio but being gracious to Haggis let’s say only 80 percent are coming from me requesting follow ups time and time again. I’m currently awaiting a final ditch attempt for my situation to be corrected after formally requesting a refund or game exchange after my 1 year anniversary of ownership. 1 year of a non functional game. They are very aware of my situation. I just have not been a priority. For whatever reason my final email in December requesting a refund or exchange as opposed to a follow up seemed to spur some activity. I was told I would finally be set right immediately after Christmas. I’m still waiting.

For right or wrong I have been quiet about my situation. The main reasons being I didn’t want to diminish the experience of others. I truly hope I am an anomaly. The other reasons being probably equal parts fear of reprisal from Haggis and just stubborn old hope that I will be taken care of so I kept a candle burning, but that light has gone very very dim. I’m tired of waiting.

#6702 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just from reading the owners thread - it seems his game isn't dead... he has problems with freezes and delays.

… My game isn’t usable. You cannot play through a single game nor continue into another. The game loses power during gameplay, flippers die, ball drains..your done. Game will remain frozen indefinitely (days) until you power cycle and the cycle repeats. You literally cannot play though a game or into another game. It’s not usable. It’s not a pinball machine in its current form. Haggis knows this. There are more serious and concerning problems than this as well, but that isn’t valuable to the public conversation at this point. It’s a paperweight. But yes…It does turn on.

#6724 89 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

We had this issue when I had Fathom.. There is a way to get debug logs. And they are readable, if you open and can read code stack traces.
Very likely the issue is what we reported to Damian, that there can be an error of sorts over the usb cable that connects between the NUC and the FAST cpu board. The code does not handle corruption over USB, and code basically crashes, does not restart. We had purchased higher quality usb cables, and rerouted the cable away from electronics, and ensured the cable was seated very well on both ends. Our random crashes stopped.
If I recall correctly, just plugging in a USB fob will cause the game to write logs to it (or perhaps there was a menu option to tell the game to write to the usb). If you do this you should have either one large log, or one per the last several power cycles. If you want to try and do this, and send me a copy of the logs I can verify if this is the same issue we had..
''Edit''
From Damian in the past times...
"Would it be possible for you to take some logs from the game for me and send them through. If you place a blank USB in the cable inside the coin door while the game is in attract mode, It will save out the current logs (as soon as possible after you noticed a hang up would be great if possible)"
And for more fun, this was in the logs for every crash we had:
2023-05-19 07:13:08,625 : WARNING : FAST : Port /dev/ttyUSB3 was blocked for more than 1s. Reseting send queue! If this happens frequently report a bug!
2023-05-19 07:13:08,632 : ERROR : asyncio : Exception in callback Util.raise_exceptions(<Task finishe... start byte')> at /game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/utility_functions.py:759
handle: <Handle Util.raise_exceptions(<Task finishe... start byte')> at /game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/utility_functions.py:759>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/events.py", line 145, in run
self._callback(*self._args)
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/utility_functions.py", line 767, in raise_exceptions
future.result()
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/platforms/base_serial_communicator.py", line 182, in socket_reader
self._parse_msg(resp)
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/platforms/fast/fast_serial_communicator.py", line 407, in parse_msg
if msg.decode() not in self.ignored_messages:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xbf in position 0: invalid start byte
2023-05-19 07:13:08,637 : INFO : Machine : Shutting down...
2023-05-19 07:13:08,653 : WARNING : FAST : Port NET received more messages than were sent! Resetting!
2023-05-19 07:13:08,752 : ERROR : FAST : Stop called on serial connection /dev/ttyUSB1
2023-05-19 07:13:08,752 : ERROR : FAST : Stop called on serial connection /dev/ttyUSB3
2023-05-19 07:13:08,753 : ERROR : FAST : Stop called on serial connection /dev/ttyUSB0
2023-05-19 07:13:08,756 : ERROR : Machine : Runtime Exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/machine.py", line 797, in run_loop
raise self._exception['exception']
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/events.py", line 145, in run
self._callback(*self._args)
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/utility_functions.py", line 767, in raise_exceptions
future.result()
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/platforms/base_serial_communicator.py", line 182, in socket_reader
self._parse_msg(resp)
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/platforms/fast/fast_serial_communicator.py", line 407, in parse_msg
if msg.decode() not in self.ignored_messages:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xbf in position 0: invalid start byte
---
Either trash on the USB comms link, or some stall/timeout set too low for comms to happen, on fast or nuc side..
---
Reported this many times, even offered to help code a fix .. Maybe sending to FAST folks they could reach to Damian to suggest fixes in this area..

I sent logs to Damian. This was done back in February when my replacement game arrived and I still had issues. Haggis sent me a new NUC and cpu as well but the problem persisted. I will gladly send over the logs if you’re willing to look them over (once I find them again or reproduce them) and appreciate you offering.

I still have serious physical problems that I’m waiting on a replacement part for, but it would be nice to at least solve this piece and have the game play as it was intended, imperfect and damaged as it is. The hope is that the replacement part will solve everything in one move. I don’t know that this is the case, but I don’t have any other option. I’ve asked for a refund and a game exchange. All I can do is ask again and wait….

3 weeks later
#7226 63 days ago
Quoted from badbilly27:Has anyone found a solution to when you play 4 player game, after it just locks up? Appreciated.

Can you elaborate ?

#7242 62 days ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

If you find the log file in question, I'd be curious to have a look at it, too.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Aaron,

I have logs I can send you. Damien referenced you specifically when speaking about following up on a code fix for my game freezes. He said he was working with you and your team to address these issues. My game had been incapacitated for over a year due to game freezes to the point it was unplayable.

I had other issues as well, but after just completing a fully populated playfield swap, I’m still freezing on single player games consistently. It’s beyond frustrating after all this time to still be dealing with this issue. Sounds like others have been dealing with it as well.

#7248 62 days ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Followup question, you say you game is completely unplayable? I have not heard of this issue. I was told it was an issue with multi-player games with longer call times.
Are you saying that you cannot even play a single player game?
Aaron
FAST Pinball

My issue was never limited to multiplayer games but occurred primarily on single player game as well. It would freeze at the end of each game, if not before, while tallying a bonus or at some end game sequence. I was not able to play one game into another game without a prolonged freeze (6 to 24 hours or longer) and had to power cycle between each game to continue. This happened constantly. Then after power cycling it would happen immediately again. There was no point in playing it as the freezes were so consistent.

I am the only one that would even attempt to play it because of the issues. I explained this several times to Damien that it wasn’t a multiplayer game or anything to do with a large bonus. It just happened. Would also occur if you’d start a game and walk away for a few minutes and then return and plunge the ball. Game would freeze and you’d just walk away from it. A day later you’d hear it snap back to life and sound every button press that I’d hit in frustration hours or days before when it froze. Whenever it comes alive it maintains a memory of those button presses.

Let me know what I can do that with be helpful.

#7256 62 days ago
Quoted from Jarson:

I don't see any code updates for Fathom on the Haggis site, it only has Celts code. It's been that way since I received my machine since early December.[quoted image]

The celts update is misnamed and intended for Fathom. Again, never fixed on the website or changed. This is the only update that I’ve ever seen posted for Fathom. The game has many small things that could use improvements and other more serious but from previous discussion there wasn’t anything more intended for the code. A code update or several during all this quiet time would have been a productive way to show owners that the game was actively being worked on.

Quoted from fastpinball:

Is your game the running the latest code version?
Are there any other factors about your game that may make it different than the Fathom game we have here in our test lab?
I would wager that this Fathom Revisited here has more plays on it than any other in the world, having spent long weekends at the NW Pinball Show and Pinball Expo. So anything we can do to isolate outliers pertaining to your specific game will be very useful.
Thanks.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I’m on the latest code. Game should be identical. I was sent a new NUC in case that was contributing to the problem, but outside of cosmetic differences from replacement parts my game is the same as yours. I just completed a brand new populated playfield swap a week ago so everything underneath the playfield is brand new. I have the old and new NUC if that helps at all.

#7258 62 days ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'll grab logs tonight from the game and share - appreciate the help all.
For the record, I really love this game and enjoy revisited code a lot. Hope can resolve the four player issue I've been having because its a game that should be enjoyed by everyone who comes over.
paulbaptiste sounds like you have had your hands full with yours. Truly hope you can get it squared away. Need any reference stuff, I'm sort of local let me know.

I appreciate it. I’ll be happy if this increased attention causes these overdue improvements and bug fixes to take place. I was more excited for Fathom than any other game in the pipeline but the way it played out robbed me of that experience. Hopefully the problems can be ironed out for the others still waiting to get their games and they don’t have the same issues or have to wait in silence for problems to be fixed.

#7262 62 days ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

My goal is just to help streamline the debugging process. The skills required to program a game are not necessarily a 1-to-1 match with those necessary to harden and optimize a code base for commercial deployment. I am not saying I have those skills (I don't!) but my career has been centered around identifying a problem and creating a path to resolution with a team of kick ass programmers and engineers who can attack a well defined problem like assassins in the night!
To anyone following along, if my questions seem redundant at times ("I have already told Damien this! Why don't you know it, too?!") it is only because I don't want to waste any time playing telephone game or making any assumptions. Hearing it direct, supported by log files and specific recreate-able cases is the best approach to identifying the problem.
My team was given a budget to "figure out where the issue is." Based on our findings, we will give a recommendation on how to solve the problem that the Haggis Team can implement or they can choose to hire us to lend a hand.
Thank you in advance to anyone willing to engage in this process.
Here's hoping for a "we found a typo on line 75 and that fixed it" level issue! (Sorry, I make jokes when times are tense!)
Aaron
FAST Pinball

This is the update I’ve been waiting for since last December. Thank you Fast team and Haggis for working to resolve this. I sat down with a member of your team at Expo strictly to get advice on this exact issue. We are lucky to have your help with this.

#7263 62 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I know what you mean. I had that same experience at a much higher cost with the P3.
Just hated the machine after that.

Not to muddy this thread any further but same experience with P3. I loved the platform and still believe in the mixed media and team contributing to it, but when it came to support and getting help in a timely fashion…it was a tremendous let down. The hard part for me was having both games at the same time (P3 and Fathom) , it honestly almost soured me completely to modern pinball.

Anyway… now to return to our thankfulness for having Fast on board and acknowledging that a problem does actually exist! It does! Now we can solve it!

#7268 61 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

If this is not a wide spread issue, have you tried replacing the drive / SD card / whatever this game uses?

That’s the thing, it’s not an isolated issue. I think it just presented in a greater capacity in my game. It’s the same exact issue causing game freezes throughout. My NUC was replaced. My entire game was replaced besides a few components in the cabinet. It’s the code. As others have experienced similar issues it can be a switch being activated in the background that causes the memory to pile up and the game to shut down. I think it’s all the same problem. Potentially my game had a some extra phantom switch triggers that compounded the problem during the end game sequence? I don’t know. My broken playfield is on its way back to Haggis as of today. I do know my game today plays much different than it did previously. But not having them both I can’t tell you exactly why. I do have both mini pcs and can pull data from the old one if that can be helpful though.

#7273 61 days ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I don't think he meant to say it was your isolated issue when he said it was "not widespread."
When you say your game plays different, is it still presenting the same lockup end of ball issue after your swap?
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Yes. I experienced a single player freeze within my first ten games. The freeze was only for 5 minutes instead of 24 hours as well. That’s one of the positive differences. I was able to play many games before it happened after the swap. But it still happened. I have logs from this freeze I can share.

#7280 55 days ago

I've sent a few logs to Aaron at Fast for my game freezes. All single player experiences.

1 year plus of ownership...Still chasing ghosts.

I hope you guys that are having issues are sharing that information as well.

#7385 52 days ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

... you are assuming that the new Centaur code is finished/playable. Who knows if it is

Fathom code isn’t finished… not trying to be mean here but let’s be realistic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulbaptiste.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.