IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1658 2 years ago
charlie (resized).PNGcharlie (resized).PNG
#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I will be willing to take over a Fathom Mermaid Edition if anyone wants to bail out. Will look great next to Celts

Believe you can still order. When I was on Nitro's site the other day he was still taking preorders, showing 7 available.

This machine appears not to be coming anytime soon so plenty of people will drop out with other titles coming out.

3 weeks later
#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The red circle in this picture is where the standard star rollover pops in.

Quoted from Screwloose:

I wonder what playfield they could be possibly cutting?

Certainly has the Fathom layout but the original Fathom rollover the inserts are round with the the star rollover inside it. This appears they're cutting the star rollover into the pf itself. Interesting!

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

redesigned the rollover also. don't forget the cut out like a star is on the clear acrylic side . The wood has a hole , if that makes sense?

That makes complete sense! I forgot about them using the acrylic!

4 months later
#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Can't view this unfortunately.
* -login to view this story-

It's called a shameless plug gone wrong!

#2599 2 years ago

Delete

#2643 2 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

How so? I didn't see this before I placed a major order with them.

You'll be fine

#2659 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

But can't pull the trigger until I get some info on when they are expected to ship.

August 2021 - Now pull the trigger!

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Skimmed, but certainly have not read a 54 page thread. Most of the recent posts are off-topic nonsense anyway because lack of updates.

Whilst I believe Haggis will deliver the games I think you have to ask yourself, why order now and have a deposit tied up? I mean you're going to be towards the end of the ordering line and by the time your machine is close to being shipped there will be owners selling their early ordered machines. You'll have a chance to play it and see if it's for you.

One thing I find odd with Haggis is the fact they were very active in posting up till the delays started. They took the "email us for status" approach. Why would you want to spend the time responding to individual emails when a post on places like RGP, Pinside etc. can eliminate several emails you have to reply too?

I understand that RGP and Pinside maybe makes up for 15-20% of their pre-orders but still ....

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any orders now are Classic edition?

Per the Haggis website Mermaid is sold out. Not sure if a distributor would have any left but..

#2724 2 years ago

Is punkin and iceman44 one in the same?

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

33 pins fit in a 20' hc. It takes 6 weeks MLB to LA.

and it can take WEEKS before it gets into port in LA. Port of LA is still backlogged and ships are just sitting off the coast. Then it has to go through Customs, which is a whole different story (I purchased an album that has been sitting in customers since Feb 24th).

As for a different way to look at Haggis, from another person that has no "skin in the game". At this time I see no difference in Haggis then what people went through with JJP. I waited years for JJP to deliver a game and yet here we are today with JJP selling out of LE and CE machines and backlogged with orders

Even today you order a machine from Stern and you have no idea as to when you may actually get it.

I think with Haggis a few things happened with them ...
1. Their Celts sales were well below their expectation. They have the parts to build more than they sold so if they can get people to still order the game it brings revenue in to their company. Same thing JJP did with the different editions of WoZ.
2. They announced Fathom way too early. Since they claim that they're in a wait and see for parts it's obvious they never had the parts to build the machines starting in July of last year.
3. DAMN CoVID has F everything up

Just a few thoughts from yet someone else that has NO IDEA as to what Damian is up to (so Pinbub if you read this please don't come and punch me in the throat!)

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, but that's because they have far more sales than production right now - not that there aren't any games to be had Stern is still pumping out games - it's just way oversold.

AGREE but Haggis is pumping out games, just on A LOT smaller scale. Also, is it that they're "oversold" or is it due to parts supply being low. Stern has said they're impacted but the parts supply. Well so is Haggis. Nonetheless comparing Haggis to Stern is not a good as it's two completely different business models.

Damn it, I was going to mention Black Arrow!!!! In the beginning of Hobbit production JJP was strapped and running more WoZ to helped them continue as they did have parts to build more WoZ where they didn't have the coin to buy parts for the Hobbit.

SO IN SHORT who cares what is this or what is that. At this point Haggis hasn't done anything to take their "investors" money. They're producing games, albeit at a slow pace!

I think we all forget that almost ALL of pinball businesses are started up by pinball hobbyist. Typically these are people that have had no history in manufacturing.

Lastly, the picture in the above post of the Celts figure, that is better than most of the figures that Stern puts in their machines (and I am a fan of Stern)!

2 months later
#4462 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Post #4453 is missing from this thread so it must have been a doozy. And it looks like Don has deactivate his account.
[quoted image]

#4489 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yep, all this speculation BS has definitely contributed to the decline of the hobby, at least the way the hobby used to be when it was about fun, not about scalping and flipping.

You mean when there was only one pinball manufacturer and they were doing everything to stay afloat, oh yeah the good old days!
The speculation BS has always been there, we just now have the ease of the internet to get that "BS" out of one's head to the rest of the world!

5, 10, 15 years from now all the post will be .... remember when you use to be able to buy a machine and flip it for money? Now I have this 20k$ paperweight I cant give away!

#4546 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's a sweet looking pallet too!

Yeah but for the money spent on these machines you would think Haggis would stain and put a few coats of polyurethane on it at a minimum!!!

(there were too many positive posts in a row, had to break it up with a complaint of some sort!)

#4549 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Found out about the PLAYFIELD ACRYLIC TOP:
- It has a scratch resistant 2pack clear coating on its face. You cant flame polish it , you can polish it but with very little effect (polishing is a very fine/minute version of sanding, which is scratching )

Swinks, you probably not the person to ask but incase this is something you discussed..... what about using polishes? For example, either the Novus route or even like a 3M paint polish?

If not the above then is it basically a surface that, over time, will wear and it is what it is?

#4582 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Just make sure it's not one of these :
[quoted image]
But hopefully one of these (probably can't find in NS though ) :
[quoted image]

Not to bust your pinBALLS but Fosters is a Japanese beer. Owned by Asahi Breweries out of Tokyo Japan

1 week later
#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

ID be cancelling any subscriptions to any podcaster who talks shit and makes people paranoid they're not going to get their games .

I listen to Kaneda, assuming that's who you're referring too, and don't recall him ever saying people were "not going to get their games". He said repeatedly over and over and over again (in broken record style) that he felt, something like, Damian would get everyone their game but that it will take a long time to get them. Lets face it, it's taken Haggis long time to start getting games out and there's a lot more people without their games then there are with!

If one is a Series Ticket Holder you have to wonder if you're going to live long enough to see all 5 games produced.

Nonetheless, Haggis is manufacturing and shipping games, beautiful at that, and that's what matters.

#4712 1 year ago

Quetzal Pinball

#4720 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

He must be a real psychic...
No one would have guessed that covid shutting down Australia and major global shipping games would be delayed , glad no other pinball manufacturer has had any issues.

Anyone that listens to him knows must of his "news" is speculation. He even states it all the time by statin "rumor is" or "I predict". Basically he is the psychic of pinball as he's just throwing stuff out there.

As for using Covid as the reason, that I don't think applies here as we've been in a Covid state for over two years now. Haggis requested final payment from people which told them, per Haggis, their machines were ready to ship, when they weren't.

One thing I would like to know from Haggis is ..... with all the BS that Kadeda threw at Haggis you almost wonder if Haggis did in fact "stage" that video for his benefit (to prove him wrong). I mean people in the States are receiving their games about 6 weeks after that video was posted so games would've had to been boxed up and ready to go if not already in a container.

Not trying to defend/bash Kaneda or Haggis, just giving a different perspective!

#4722 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

How do you know COVID doesn’t apply? Do you live in Australia?
Have you worked at Haggis?
What a bunch of speculative garbage.
Would’ve , should’ve could’ve…….I rather hear facts.
You and Flynnibus should start a thread called “Why isn’t this happening?”

Wow a lot of anger ... read my post again as I stated "I don't think it applies". Never stated that it "doesn't apply" but thanks for the rant!

#4725 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

presumably the people getting games now paid for individual air shipping?

Flynnibus we "should start a thread called “Why isn’t this happening?”"

You in?

#4728 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm too impatient for a slow boat and US Customs.

I hope this doesn't impact these games or any games for that matter coming into the States but I had purchase a few records back in February. Still have to receive them and they show that they're still in Customs as of Feb. 22nd. I opened an investigation with USPS and actually received a phone call from them advising that the US Govt is now inspecting ALL packages that come in from certain countries. This means a package that use to take 2-4 weeks via boat can now take 6+ months.

Don't know all the countries that are on this "list" but I was taken back by this as my package came from Austria!

#4731 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I never said that .
I said makes people paranoid and talks shit .
You've written how much bullshit Kaneda has thrown at Haggis .
If you want to pay to listen to that crap , that's your choice .

my bad, didnt mean to put words in your mouth.

I do listen to him and find some of his stuff interesting but he has given Haggis a lot of crap as well as others. He goes for the shock effect.

Nonetheless, again, hope you all enjoy the machine. Fricken thing looks awesome!

I am more an original machine person but seeing what Haggis has done with this and with what CGC has done with their remakes has changed that.

#4733 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sold my beautiful original a month after ordering Mermaid. There's no comparison to me. Brand new machine with updated tech and new code versus old worn machine with nostalgia value i don't assign personally.
Same with CGC, i only have AFM here but had a MM not long ago.

Yeah I had a ToM sitting back East and had a good offer on it to the point I sold it knowing CGC is going to remake it. When they do it will look great but (hopefully) they will also dree up the code.

Seeing what Haggis has done with Fathom be very interesting to see what they do next. Hopefully everything works in their favor where they can ramp up production.

1 week later
#4822 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I suspect he had a lot more time on his hands for answering emails before I came along in the last couple of months. Now that the restrictions seem to be lifted and they are pumping out games, I'm sure he is busy as hell! Its all good, but it would be nice to know 100% for sure there will be a similar shipment of Classics to BAA like there will be for Mermaids, so I don't have to pay for freight from Australia.

Also might be that your email is going to his spam. You happen to send him an email via their Contact Us page?

https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_creativecontactform&view=creativecontactform&form=15

Just a thought!

1 month later
#5101 1 year ago

Question for those that have received their games, what are you paying in ways of duty charges? I know bringing a pin that was made in the US back into the Stated there's no charge but being these are not US made is their fees/taxes associated with them?

1 month later
#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Has anyone else (paid Fathom buyers) had problems with communications with Haggis? I have sent 3 emails over the past several weeks regarding a production timeline and my payment and have had zero response. For the record, I was in on a Fathom mermaid very early and they have my full payment.
Aug 11 email to Damian- no response
Aug 30 email to Damian - no response
Sept 1 email to Haggis "accounts" - no response

Haggis getting full payment far in advance of people receiving their machine has been going on since they first took payment BUT I don't think you need to worry. Also, you sent three emails but 2 of them were within the past 3 days. Say the first one went to Spam or whatever, the other two being sent this week I think you need to give them a little more time.

BTW -I don't have a machine on order.

1 year later
#6827 75 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Is there anyway I can get any money back from my $1000 deposit for Centaur?

Quoted from Khabbi:

See if you can get a refund and buy mine.

Unfortunately Haggis has already spent this money.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Punkin is shill #1 for haggis and one of Damien's biggest dingleberries of course it doesn't piss him off.

Bit harsh for a Friday!

#6862 74 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

We're worried about Haggis.
Let's go kick punkin then
[quoted image]

So true BUT the one difference between Punkin and Haggis is ..... you get a response from punkin!!

#6909 73 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

100 slabs on a pallet of Coopers Cans.
[quoted image]

Always liked the Coopers Extra Stout.

#7011 71 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I mean...at this point who cares what Damien says? Would an update be nice? Sure, I guess, but whats he going to say that we haven't already heard and hasn't worked out every time previously. We're working on stuff, theres delays we can't control, pinball is hard, sorry every single thing we've said wasn't true before but this time it really really really is, ect. Unless hes going to show us a factory with workers diligently putting machines together or something, pretty much anything he has to say can be taken with a grain of salt.

I completely understand if there's issues/delays with them getting parts in thus the reason they can't manufacture a larger number of machines. Haggis is small company so they're not going to have the volume of parts on hand like Stern does. However, if this is the case, then why are they asking for more money from customers knowing that they're not close to shipping said customer's machines?

#7043 71 days ago

It’s a lot easier to hide behind the keyboard. No one will confront Haggis unless Kaneda is going.

#7101 68 days ago

Well at least Haggis has, not only, provided an update but one that is believable. So good for them!

Most felt that they were taking money in to keep the business going and not because buyer machines were ready. Is the next move to start looking for an investor??

I give Haggis credit for keeping machines rolling off the line but, to me, I feel we've seen this before. JJP comes to mind!

#7102 68 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

Yes like paid several months earlier and got my machine.What irks me when someone continually bitches and finds fault with Haggis when machines are still being built and shipped.

Agree, to me Haggis is guilty of poor customer service. They haven't followed in the footsteps or JPOP, Andrew Heighway or even Dutch Pinball (who to their credit is almost done completing all those EA games).

I mean we're talking about a guy that started a pinball business in his garage 3 years ago!

2 weeks later
#7379 54 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

They are shipping games right now as far as i know.

No sarcasm intended, have you seen any Centaur machines? I know they haven't finished Fathom so I would think Centaur is still yet to be made.

#7384 54 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

I know there's a lot of back n fourth on this thread, not trying to do the same. I assumed there's been a few built for Haggis to have at shows (Promotional purposes) but, again, I haven't seen any signs of them shipping any to customers.

#7387 54 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Please see this for what it is, not bashing Haggis just information for those that may not know where to start.
For those that are concerned about their deposits. Yes you are entitled to a refund under Australian consumer law if the seller breaches terms of agreement. I think we can all agree “send full amount as your game will be built in 8 weeks” proved to be wrong, bordering on lies but that might be too strong a word for some here to digest.
I’m not sure how overseas people go about this.
Here we would contact consumer affairs Victoria https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/
or the office of the ACCC. https://www.accc.gov.au/
I’m sure a politely and correctly worded email would start the ball rolling in the right direction. If you have emails proving you don’t have your game in the specific timeframe as laid out by the seller then this will help also. Start with an email to Haggis asking specifically for a refund as the governing bodies want to see you have at least tried to sort this out with original seller.
I had this same issue with JJP back in the WoZ/hobbit debacle we had here years ago. I was lucky enough to be able to satisfy that after 2 years waiting for it to be sorted, the powers that be agreed I would most likely NOT receive my game and was refunded my non refundable deposit.
It’s certainly harder for you guys overseas but not impossible. You’ll just need to start and be persistent. Yes I know it’s not a lot of money it’s more the principle. For what it’s worth I know buyers here in Australia that have also pushed back and are prepared to eat the deposit rather than send more money to get the game built knowing that they have depreciated already around 2K here due to damage with the brand. It wasn’t about flipping for the ones I’ve spoken too, they just figured they would hold value with limited numbers.
And again before certain people here start the rant of posting to cause Haggis harm. It’s not about that. It’s just trying to offer some possible way for customers to get their money back after patiently (most have been very patient I feel) waiting years. Yes there were setbacks, yes there was Covid, yes there was supply chain issues and I’m sure more than we know. If that was all owned up front and transparent like the company was at the start I’m sure we would not be having these conversations. Pinball is hard and I think we are all intelligent enough to understand that. But communicate to your loyal customers.
I had a deposit and was prepared to wait a long time but when a customer is ghosted with no response to phone calls and emails it leaves the customer with two choices.
1. Stay and roll the dice
2. Sell the spot if you can and move on. That’s what I did because of the above fact.
I won’t respond in the thread but happy to pm. I’m not a legal person just offering some advice to start ball rolling if that’s what some people need. Who knows the offices of the above links might say you’re outside Australia and nothing we can do? I don’t know but maybe someone needs to ask the question!
I’ll finish by just saying this. As an Aussie I’d love to see Haggis succeed, but not at the expense of their customers.
Cheers and good luck to those still waiting. I can confirm like others have said it’s a beautiful and well built game. Some have issues like most manufacturers, but hopefully all of those can be sorted and back to playing.

I would think, here in the States, one wouldn't go to Haggis but the distro they put the deposit/final payment down with. Technically the machine was purchased with the distro and not directly with Haggis. I don't know this for certain but it seems it would be the case.

Quoted from Wariodolby:

I agree.
I’ve been holding back on “demanding”.I still want Flipnout as one of my go to distributors.
I know when I cross over into demanding,I’m sure our distro/customer relationship will be over.
I guess I care more to keep him as a distributor then he cares to keep me as a future customer.

If your dist, whoever it may be, isn't going to help you in a time when they should, do you really want to continue that "relationship"?

#7392 54 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Most of us ordered directly from Haggis, unfortunately. I'm never sending a wire transfer again. If you ask Punkin, it's my fault for believing them when they said that my game would be built and in a container by January.

Thanks for the clarification. So you would need to follow jokerpoker's post if you were looking for a refund.

Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Mermaid Fathom paid in full, $9,995.00, as of May 11, 2023, to Phil at Pinball Heaven. Beautiful machine, no doubt, but I am about done waiting.

Unfortunately this shows a truer picture as to how bad things are and how much Damien was hiding things when he said all Fathoms would be completed by year's end, amongst so many other communiques. It appears the only update that seems to be true is the one were he advised they need to recapitalize.

Hope this all works out for everyone, including Haggis. They put out a nice product.

1 week later
#7524 42 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

They probably didn’t make a big deal about it earlier in case something happened with shipping. Just a guess on my part.

I'm just imagining how many people have watched that video and then put down a deposit? You know there some people that did!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.