IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 3 years ago

Wow this is amazing! And to think what could be next is exciting... Centaur? (I think Centaur would have sold better than fathom on initial release even).

But like many pinball companies, I will believe it when we actually see them shipping and arriving AND they are problem free. Here's hoping it all works!

#135 3 years ago

LMAO....

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.57.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.57.43 AM (resized).png
#166 2 years ago

Rick, when could we anticipate these LE's shipping, any target dates?

#186 2 years ago

I'm in on a LE!! Between the art, gameplay, and all the new exciting things to explore, this is a win/win for me.

I just haven't been excited about the recent Stern releases (last I bought was JP) anyways so don't mind this at all!

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

When is this supposed to ship? Are any of you worried this will fall through or the quality will not be worth the price paid? Man I am tempted since many won’t make it here.

I was told directly from Haggins that they are hoping to start production in July.

#278 2 years ago

Bally Kiss would do very well

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Haggis chose Fathom, likely because it was their best idea and they felt they can sell the most of. With their announcement of 250 LE’s and maybe they expect to sell another 250 standard editions, so we see that 500 units is enough to allow them to make their snap.
With all the effort required to reengineer this game from the ground up and to program it using modern technology and new materials and tools, on top of reproducing one of the most beautiful games ever designed from 40 years ago and with all the bells and whistles offered is mind boggling. That makes 10 pinball manufacturers.
4 Primary Pinball Manufacturers -
Stern
Jersey Jack
Chicago Gaming Co
Spooky
4 Boutique Pinball Manufacturers -
American Pinball
Multimorphic
Homepin
Haggis Pinball
2 3rd World Pinball Manufacturers -
Dutch Pinball
Pinball Brothers
Deeproot Pinball (theoretical)

The problem is only Stern can meet any reasonable demand with production. JJP is stretched out with no ability to produce any faster and has what, 3000 GNR's on backorder (and launched GNR 7 months ago and has filled very few orders).. not to mention they could sell a ton more POTC's and WOZ's, and possibly Wonkas.. that we'll most likely never see because they just can't manufacture at pace.

So while we have 10 companies, I wish we had more that could get games out!!

9 months later
#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from Engel67:

I myself have faith in this man.
[quoted image]

I bet if he permed that hair he'd look like Bob Ross... And I've always liked Bob Ross.

6 months later
#5404 1 year ago

Has anyone else (paid Fathom buyers) had problems with communications with Haggis? I have sent 3 emails over the past several weeks regarding a production timeline and my payment and have had zero response. For the record, I was in on a Fathom mermaid very early and they have my full payment.

**UPDATE 09/02/22- Corresponded with Damian, all is good! **

#5415 1 year ago

Updating- I got an update email, so all is well. I have full confidence in Damian and Haggis and can't wait for my Fathom!

4 months later
#6157 1 year ago

I think I posted in the owners section instead of this one, but I got my notification that my Mermaid Edition is finally shipping! Can't wait!!

For those keeping tabs, my air freight shipping to Florida via DHL, due today was $1848 US dollars. That's with the adjustment for the sea shipping that was included. No doubt with the adjustments to the US dollar this game is costing me a little more than I expected... but I believe it will be well worth it!

#6161 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Congrats! USD:AUD exchange rate has actually become more favorable to US buyers since announcement. It was about 1.3 at announcement and has been up to 1.6 - currently 1.44.
What is your order number?

I'd have to go dig up my order number but I bought right out of the announcement and bought quick. My Mermaid edition is #7.

11 months later
#6664 3 months ago

I have a NIB Mermaid if anyone wants it, located in Tampa FL. Below what you can get one from Haggis or a dealer. PM if interested.

3 weeks later
#6801 83 days ago

No one wants my NIB Haggis Fathom Mermaid even at a $2K loss to me.. Who would have thunk it?

#6813 76 days ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I'm sorry to report that I've got you beat. Paid in full as of last May 18. Eight months, 22 days, and counting. And I still haven't heard a word from anyone. Yeah, Fathom Mermaid is an absolute gem! After seeing and playing one at Texas Pinball Festival last year, I knew I had to have one! But, at this point, I'm pretty sure I'll be at Texas Pinball Festival, again, before I hear or see anything. What stinks is not too long after I purchased, someone less than an hour away from me listed a NIB here on Pinside. And, since then, I've seen Zach at Flip 'N' Out offering two up for sale. I had asked Zach at TPF, but he didn't have one at the time.

See if you can get a refund and buy mine.

#6857 75 days ago

It's only fair that anyone who has paid in full and has waited 6+ months should be able to get a refund if they want.. the money was supposed to go to a completed game, and if that is not there and the game has not been built, a refund should be issued..

#7001 72 days ago

Hi Gold1,

Your assumption and attack on me as a "flipper" was ridiculous and surprising.. but I see why now that I've read this thread. I never said anything about price except that "I was SURPRISED no one wanted my machine at a $2,000 loss". You took what I said and made it a negative for whatever reason (to defend Haggis or something, like you appear to do throughout this thread).

For your information, I bought my Mermaid Fathom because of my absolute passion for the game.. I was super excited and got in early, hence how I got LE#4. I love the 1981 Bally/Williams games, including Centaur, and I honestly thought I'd be buying a Haggis Centaur also. I purchased the Mermaid Fathom because it was exciting to see all new code and a high quality build for a game I love even though I own a high end Restored Fathom (one that I would say is THE best playing Fathom I have ever played also, btw). For the record, I also own an incredibly nice/minty Centaur, and a (undocumented) HUO Medusa (yes, home use only). I am very happy with my '81 collection as it sits and had no idea how the Haggis Fathom was going to end up, but I wanted to give it a chance... and I have been nothing but supportive of Haggis throughout the entire process. I want them to succeed, and put my trust into them by sending them my money and waiting also. Very happy I got my machine even though it took so long. Ask your buddy, Damian. There was zero grief and nothing but support from me.

In the meantime, I played several Haggis Fathoms in other peoples collections (including at TPF), and while they are great, I realized I absolutely could not get rid of my High End restored Fathom and obviously didn't want both at the same time in my limited lineup. I love my 1981 Fathom, and I know it would be a mistake in the end to get rid of it. On top of that, when I ordered the game I had much more room in my floor plan, but it took over a year more than expected to get it, and during that time I became packed with machines and needed room/didn't want to put more games in storage. I still held the game in storage just so I wouldn't regret moving it too fast (again, I got #4, so if I was flipping, it would have made more sense to dump it right away).

As far as being called a flipper, you couldn't be more wrong. I bought my first pinball machine in 1999, and since I have owned almost 100 pinball machines. I also collect and have a decent size collection of original 80's arcade machines. I started slowing down in about 2018, and with the games I sold over the years, I realized I never wanted to sell if I didn't have to as I missed some of the titles I lost. Since 2020, I HAVE ONLY SOLD 2 MACHINES total.. the rest I have in my collection or controlled climate storage. I don't need to sell the Fathom either.. I don't care if I have to keep it!

So please, tell me why the personal attack? And like some have said, I don't see one post where you draw negative conclusions about what Haggis is doing/what they have done.. surprising given how it appears to be a trait lol.

Here's my collection of 1981 Bally/Williams btw. Again, if things were better and pricing was similar, I would be highly considering buying a Centaur. I did talk to Damian at TPF extensively also, great guy! I almost bought into the series ticket as a matter of fact.

I wasn't going to respond, because it was obvious that you are just abrasive to most here.. but now I have.
IMG_0643 (resized).jpegIMG_0643 (resized).jpeg

#7002 72 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

Reread his post and then mine.Anyone that moans about not getting a wanted price on a pinball machine is living in fairyland.And yes anyone that buys a machine with the intent to sell when received is flipping and testing the market.If you have a problem with that comment feel free to give me a counter argument.

Also, "Gold1", this is my post in this thread from April 26, 2021, almost 3 years ago. Again, your characterization as a flipper without knowing me or my situation was insulting and misguided.

Anyone in here can ask this- why the blind attack and then blatant defense of everything Haggis does?

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 3.33.54?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-13 at 3.33.54?AM (resized).png
3 weeks later
#7504 46 days ago

I emailed Damian (I have his email since I bought a Mermaid) and asked him if they are indeed coming to TPF... No response. Maybe they are busy planning the trip? They are listed as an exhibitor.. certainly they would have had to make arrangements to have games at TPF (shipping them or finding games in the USA) to show to everyone so not sure it would be easy just to back out at the last minute.

I know last year, people/customers being able to see the Haggis games was a good thing.. missing this would be a missed opportunity to revitalize whatever they could IMO. But it might be a hit to the "recapitalize" part of things.

#7506 46 days ago

Thanks... So it's official, no Haggis at TPF. I knew that was probably the case, just hadn't heard it was official.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=khabbi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.