Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (62 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (62 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jokerpoker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#978 2 years ago

I’ve been emailing Damian all morning. He was prompt and honest and transparent with his answers to my questions. Covered my concerns with warranty should I need it and confirmed it is a mirror backglass, long story short.......I’M IN!!
Haggis Mermaid Edition. This was a hard decision for me having been caught up in the WoZ/Hobbit debacle here a few years back. I vowed never to pre order again. Damian answered all questions and has alleviated any fears I had to commit to what looks like an amazing game.

#979 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good point. The thing of it is, I don't care.
I fully expect these games to play differently and not just the playfield. The flipper mechs, slings and probably the drop targets will likely have a different feel and sound to them. The original Fathom is over 30 years old and this is to be expected.
But that doesnt mean its going to be a bad difference which is the sense I'm getting from some people. (not you) It's just going to be different and I believe that difference will be negligible.
And with coil strengths etc available in the settings, who knows, this new game has the potential to play even better.
This will be a modern Fathom, which is what I want, and I can't imagine anyone having a *horrible* experience from playing it.

Having owned AFMRLE, MMRLE and MBRLE and owned fully restored originals, give me a remake any day.
I prefer them and I’m like you and hoping for this to be better/different. It’s a good thing but just my personal opinion. I know there are always going to be the purists. The beauty of these new remakes is that there is room for both in the hobby. I think CGC proved that. Good luck to Damian and Haggis with this and future endeavours.

#1008 2 years ago

Well Damian confirmed #202 Mermaid Edition for me, more waiting

I’ve got 2 coming from the US as we speak sitting in a warehouse in LA waiting for a ship

And for what it’s worth I don’t like the coin door either but I guess it will grow on me or maybe if it’s universal size I can swap it out for something else. As long as it plays well that’s all that matters, but we do like to nitpick!

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

out of 202?!? Or you've got random number 202.

I was given a selection of numbers. I then sent some preference numbers and this one was the first he had available.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would have preferred they made Fathom in a traditional Bally Williams cabinet. No matter, I'm glad to be in.

Agree to both but with what I almost spent on a fully restored one recently this is only costing $1K more and everything is new so it became a no brainer for me. Was very impressed with Damian’s responses as previous posted so I’m not nervous anymore just excited now for the journey. I too am glad to be in.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Haven't read thru this entire post, but I have a few questions:
1) How much (US) for Mermaid Edition shipped?
2) Where are these being shipped to?
3) What is the expected delivery date?
4) In the promo video, there is an '80's-style soundtrack in the background--is this the music that plays while in play? Can it be defeated via the menu options?
5) Is the backglass a translite or actual glass?
6) What is the warranty on this pin?
Thanks in advance!

Warranty is 12 months from an email I got from Damian last week.

#1067 2 years ago

One will turn up later or just buy a standard edition.

#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Be interesting what proportion went overseas.

Yep but quite a few staying here.

#1114 2 years ago

Hey it’s aussie related so all good Chisox go team Haggis.

#1163 2 years ago

Email. Mine is #202 no clue what order but would think he will try to get some local and some international in order of deposits?
Send Damian and email and ask any questions. He will get back to you quick.

#1197 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

We do Holden models around here too!, I'm a HX ... and that one was a seemingly popular demographic as well, taken early on by the sounds of the posts here.
Mermaid could have gotten around in the back of my birth-year Sandman Van, flamin surfie bus Lol, how appropriate it could have been to slide a Matching Numbers Mermaid into the back of a surfie hack!

I’m an EJ. Dad had one the and kept it for 13 years. 3 motors 2 gearboxes lol. It’s what they did back then.

#1217 2 years ago

Or Colorado! Man it was cold when I was there.

#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Looks like I'm way up the chain at #232. Guess I'll go back to sleep for a while till they get to it.

Hey Man, #202 We can pick up together......road trip lol

Quoted from sixgill:

#233, and you're just up the coast neighbour!

And I’m in the middle, looks like us south coast guys like the #200 numbers.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Actual sailing time from Melbourne to LA is only 2 weeks assuming it’s direct. Then all the fluffing around at each end - probably another 2 weeks. I’d say 4-6 weeks worse case.

I’ve had games arrive after 30 days previously. Jason’s last container bypassed Brissy and off loaded in Melbourne then railed containers back up. Took about 45days from departure. He was saying Covid had made a mess of international shipping but it is getting back on track. Hope so I’ve got 3 on the next boat, uggh!

You’d probably know more than me Mark as to current times.

2 weeks later
#1283 2 years ago

Sounds like no way they will start Fathom production in July from what has been posted.

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There is so much packed under a fathom Playfield there is literally no room for anything else. Makes a Stern pro look baron.

It’s the LE of this era!

1 week later
#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That door would provide a great nice big "canvas" for more artwork too!

I like the sound of that. Like this one that’s floating across the pond as we speak.

A3563B3F-A260-434D-A015-7E73B9A6A203 (resized).pngA3563B3F-A260-434D-A015-7E73B9A6A203 (resized).png
1 month later
#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Haggis just announced their Fathom Black and White Edition with alternate backglass!
[quoted image]

Oh great Jack works for them now

4 months later
#1879 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I’m still a Prick

I must be too. Nothing from Haggis!
Crickets too when I email. #202

3 weeks later
#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Had a chance to pick one of these up(there were three available at the time) but a TZ owned by a Bally exec in mint condition took preference.

Way better game and deal.

1 week later
#2018 2 years ago

Thought this was the Fathom thread. Take all the other crap elsewhere cause no one is interested.

#202 coming soon.

1 month later
#2465 2 years ago

Well if we are going to continue to educate about our platypus then we might as well get the classification right. Yes they are a mammal but they are classed as a monotreme. The echidna is the only other monotreme. They both lay eggs but suckle their young.

Oh and Fathom away if you’ve got news. I don’t get replies to emails

#2544 2 years ago

Zzzzzz

#2601 2 years ago

After much consideration…….I’m out. Good luck with what I’m sure will be a great machine, just haven’t enjoyed the process!

Alien LV here I come

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

How deep is the Alien LV backlog ? At this point if you were not already in on either of these months ago, its going to be a long wait for one.. In any case, Alien is a good choice, fun game.. PB is doing a good job supporting and production is happening..

Secured one 2 days ago and found out last night they have just arrived in Sydney so no more waiting at all. Happy days

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

That game is pretty awesome and about the same price. One went on location nearby last week!

With our exchange rate Alien is more expensive here but I think it’s worth it. I’m happy with my decision.

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Oh hell yeah, nice! Then you should just get both! Going to be a bit of time for a Fathom!

Have CCRLE coming too so something had to go. I’m sure it will be great and I still get to play one as a mate has taken my spot and lives just a few miles away. Win win!

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Is this going to happen or not? I have somebody fed up with the wait that wants to sell me their spot. I love the idea of a new Fathom but I don’t want to be a bag holder.

It’s happening, I just jumped as I had a better offer.

#2852 2 years ago

This thread is a whole lot better with ignore on a chosen few life’s to short to feed the trolls.

Thread lot shorter too !!

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

How long does it take to ship a container from Australia to the USA... a month? EDIT: Google says... 34 to 65 days.

Just remember Covid has affected global shipping dramatically. Not sure how things are going to US from Aus?

My games coming from US used to take 30x35 days on the water plus a week either end for customs. They are now taking 7 months as just finding a container was a problem as there has been a shortage (not sure if this is still happening). Then getting it onto a ship as there is so much back log. I had machines bought and sitting in LA back in October that Are on the water now and might get my hands on them by the end of the month. Container got bumped back a month as they couldn’t fit it onto the scheduled ship back in January. Just an FYI from what’s been happening in real time today.

1 month later
#3729 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Could a US preorder be sold to an Australian? Surely it would just be a request to Damian to apply local voltage and ship it locally instead of overseas. May actually save a bit of cash not having to ship to the states.

Yes you and seller would need to contact Damien to transfer ownership.

#3789 1 year ago

Of course you do. I sold (not for profit) my spot, I just wanted out and when I read this thread I’m glad I’m out. Opted for Alien LV instead.
I’m sure these will be built just didn’t like the lack of communication and yes I emailed numerous times and got crickets. Poor customer service in my book so I just moved on.

1 month later
#4744 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

FWIW, I played the heck out of this at the NW Pinfest and fell in love.
This is a GREAT game if you love early 80s Bally games.
This was better for me than anything on the floor including the excellent Centaur.
Now if someone would remake Centaur, Quicksilver, Meteor, Stars, etc in the same fashion that Haggis has done - I'd be on board with those also.

Haggis is making Centaur just not sure of the order. EBD too

1 year later
#7157 61 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

Now is your chance to be the white knight.You have mentioned previously that you have plenty of money.

And he has previously. Without Wayne a lot of people would never have seen their WoZ. Just saying, and he had no skin in that game.

2 weeks later
#7386 48 days ago

Please see this for what it is, not bashing Haggis just information for those that may not know where to start.

For those that are concerned about their deposits. Yes you are entitled to a refund under Australian consumer law if the seller breaches terms of agreement. I think we can all agree “send full amount as your game will be built in 8 weeks” proved to be wrong, bordering on lies but that might be too strong a word for some here to digest.

I’m not sure how overseas people go about this.
Here we would contact consumer affairs Victoria https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/

or the office of the ACCC. https://www.accc.gov.au/

I’m sure a politely and correctly worded email would start the ball rolling in the right direction. If you have emails proving you don’t have your game in the specific timeframe as laid out by the seller then this will help also. Start with an email to Haggis asking specifically for a refund as the governing bodies want to see you have at least tried to sort this out with original seller.

I had this same issue with JJP back in the WoZ/hobbit debacle we had here years ago. I was lucky enough to be able to satisfy that after 2 years waiting for it to be sorted, the powers that be agreed I would most likely NOT receive my game and was refunded my non refundable deposit.

It’s certainly harder for you guys overseas but not impossible. You’ll just need to start and be persistent. Yes I know it’s not a lot of money it’s more the principle. For what it’s worth I know buyers here in Australia that have also pushed back and are prepared to eat the deposit rather than send more money to get the game built knowing that they have depreciated already around 2K here due to damage with the brand. It wasn’t about flipping for the ones I’ve spoken too, they just figured they would hold value with limited numbers.

And again before certain people here start the rant of posting to cause Haggis harm. It’s not about that. It’s just trying to offer some possible way for customers to get their money back after patiently (most have been very patient I feel) waiting years. Yes there were setbacks, yes there was Covid, yes there was supply chain issues and I’m sure more than we know. If that was all owned up front and transparent like the company was at the start I’m sure we would not be having these conversations. Pinball is hard and I think we are all intelligent enough to understand that. But communicate to your loyal customers.

I had a deposit and was prepared to wait a long time but when a customer is ghosted with no response to phone calls and emails it leaves the customer with two choices.

1. Stay and roll the dice
2. Sell the spot if you can and move on. That’s what I did because of the above fact.

I won’t respond in the thread but happy to pm. I’m not a legal person just offering some advice to start ball rolling if that’s what some people need. Who knows the offices of the above links might say you’re outside Australia and nothing we can do? I don’t know but maybe someone needs to ask the question!
I’ll finish by just saying this. As an Aussie I’d love to see Haggis succeed, but not at the expense of their customers.

Cheers and good luck to those still waiting. I can confirm like others have said it’s a beautiful and well built game. Some have issues like most manufacturers, but hopefully all of those can be sorted and back to playing.

2 weeks later
#7598 32 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As above - I’m not waiting but always found direct communication ok.

Mine was woeful mate. He was happy talking way past 8pm when he was trying to flog me one.
Once things went dark I was never responded too on email and the phone number he had given me to speak with him direct.

#7620 30 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

I assume you did not buy the machine in the end?

Correct. I wanted one but not with all the hassles.

2 weeks later
#7702 11 days ago

Oh it’s shifted. Tide is going out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jokerpoker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=jokerpoker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.