IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1777 2 years ago

I think it was ok to continue to run Celts, & delay Fathom builds until the new year. Covid has slowed down most business around the world. The extra time gives them enough room to hopefully have all parts on hand for the run. If they came out with more pictures of parts on hand, & better updates things would be better!

#1848 2 years ago

I got no money in on a Fathom. But I would suggest having the next update with staff working on games. Seems like history with Andrew Heighway, no employees! The latest video seems very staged. Covid has screwed manufacturing around the world. Still no real update or pictures shown of the parts required to start Fathom production. Just like Deeproot who went through multi millions of dollars & showed us very little.

1 month later
#2008 2 years ago

I just wish more weekly info was posted up on what is or not going on there. Hope for the best, did Andrew Heighway produce more Full Throttle pins compared to Celts?

2 weeks later
#2146 2 years ago

Pinball is hard. Showing pictures is harder!

#2178 2 years ago

The problems started last year with laying off some staff because they were not ready with parts. With the money received the focus should have been on making cabinets & parts that you have access to. Along with their original builds at the same time last year. Lack of any real update with REAL pictures is bad news. Even the Europeans are showing their production.

1 week later
#2318 2 years ago

Maybe the one Rick got to approve will hit the road for USA Shows this year. Damian could use a good PR person to keep customers up to date.

1 week later
#2524 2 years ago

Do not want to shit on the parade. But after Andrew Heighway & his updates with no employees in the photos. Moving to multiple locations, delays, & going under. You would think new companies might hire a PR person or provide frequent updates to promote sales. Pinball is hard! But you should keep people informed of problems or how production is moving forward. Rick got a sample, is it being used for promotion, & testing?

#2550 2 years ago

Any more pictures of what seems to be the only prototype Fathom. Or is there the one & only. Rick at PPS got one to approve. Just silence here from Haggis Pinball. You would think they could show rows of cabinets, assembled playfields, parts, production, test stations, & employees actually doing pinball manufacturing.

#2574 2 years ago

So there was lots of news over the years & now almost nothing. I wish Haggis the best at getting the Fathom builds & future ones built. That being said I will wait & see how this plays out or hits a brick wall. Lots of info in the past about machinery used for their first build, but nothing since. Status of employees at hopefully the near end of Covid, any natural disasters in Australia, or problems getting certain parts.

#2588 2 years ago

Even Rick has gone silent on the sample he approved. Any pictures or is this just a shell game with Fathom builds. Seems like Haggis will likely follow Dutch Pinball for production. Was there 100 or more Celts games made. Hard to follow the production with no information or a real PR person to answer questions & promote sales. Personally I do not listen to podcasts, maybe there is more info there.

#2756 2 years ago

March break here in Canada, & in another week were into Spring 2022. Silence is not golden on the Haggis game front.

#2823 2 years ago

All people want is some updates good or bad. Going totally silent for months is bad, compared to lots of info previously. When you start taking deposits you better get more info out, & have a PR spokesperson.

#2826 2 years ago

I did many things hopefully positive towards playfield restorations which cost me a shit load of money, a lot done for free. For the last number of years (12) doing new backglass & playfields I still went BANKRUPT! But I did make sure all my customers & contractors were fully paid or taken care of the last Seawitch playfields owed. I want Haggis to win, & be here for many years.

#2833 2 years ago

No worries. I only wish the best. But a update would be appreciated. I will not be at TPF if there is a update there.

#2978 2 years ago

Quick update with 1 more built game. Wish them the best but still no real anything about actual Fathom production. Parts are hard to come by, & they had to screen their own glass. Do you see pictures of employees, cabinets, playfields assembled, etc. I guess people will have to wait more months for a proper update.

#3097 2 years ago

All for more pinball machines being available. Not my company or PR person for Haggis. But you got to show production & parts, or Fathoms going out the door. Not some show & dance promotion with 2 Fathom builds. Rick is not helping out being very silent, when he should come out & announce how happy he was with the sample game he got. Maybe PPS will be at TPF & do something special like have it there.

The years I was doing pinball parts since the start of my seminars at Expo, & other shows. People got to see the good, the bad, & the ugly. Spoke at many shows & never went silent. Took way longer (many years to get prepaid Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields out). Went broke & sold the biz to a more talented art expert to make the last few Seawitch playfield owners whole. What I learned from it the last year was if you try & get the color corrected perfectly for some people. You might go tits up & leave people without what they prepaid in whole to get playfields made. Glad people had real faith & it took me 2-7 years to get it done. Money burn is a real issue ramping up production for hundreds of Fathom builds.

On a final note, new backglass production was much easier to do over the years. I had a good printer, box builder, lucky cnc work shop (shit happens), glass supplier, wood supplier, tempered glass manufacturer (few bug rejects!), & finish clear coat shops were good & bad at times. PInball parts biz is hard, pinball manufacturing is crazy hard!

#3136 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You've already seen the building and setup. What we haven't seen is it populated with fathom.
But unless they switch to large scale production, it's never going to look like other 'factories' you may think of.

No problem really showing some Celts production photos. Big problem showing anything Fathom production for photos. Very interesting how Rick from PPS has gone silent. Deeproot was very coy about showing next to nothing over the years besides the 2 Raza games, & Robert had access to mega millions. Pinball production is brutal for upfront costs, until you can ramp up production & sales.

#3178 2 years ago

No pictures of production. Maybe April 1, only 1 week away.

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Honestly, for all the folks asking for a picture of the production line, do you know a lot of private manufacturers that do that? As an example IKEA has never disclosed anything about manufacturing and logistic. Sometimes I wonder if some trolls around are either paid by an established competitor bothered by a new entrant that may cut its marging and/or would be entrepenors keen to learn from what haggis is doing. Looking forward my mermaid, happy about what I have seen on the video, and if it is in 1 or 2 years so be it.

Lots of pinball production is public. Funny how until recently with Celts & moving to the new factory stuff was shown. So far with Fathom 2 prototypes & 1 video shown. How hard is it to show Fathom cabinets, playfields, parts, & actual production line with some employees. Seems easy still to ask people for a shit load of money, & nothing to back it up except for the less than 100 Celts built. Almost the second quarter of the year for manufacturing with Haggis, end of Celts they say, & moving production to Fathom builds. You would think something would be shown, but I guess not.

1 week later
#3338 2 years ago

UPS is very quick. Must of been on the slow boat, not air!

#3421 2 years ago

The 2 secret groups bailed out of having anything to do with Deeproot pinball. I reached out to one of the big auction winners but they will do as they please, along with the others. I have no talks with Damian & wish him well getting many games built. Rick @ PPS contacted me, & that is why I have toned it down towards Haggis Pinball. Have a good weekend everyone.

#3439 2 years ago

Thanks Rick. Still drinking beer as usual, & waiting on any new pictures on mass production of Fathom builds.

#3480 2 years ago

I am going to buy some Australian beer when a load of production pictures & employees working on the Fathom pins finally get going. I will post some pictures of what is available here to drink.

#3590 2 years ago

Started my beer drinking day with Guinness Beer Special - 2 free oysters with each glass, had 2 in Halifax. On to the ferry to Dartmouth for supper meal of 32 oz mug of Canadian beer, & all you can each boneless wings & fries. Now back at the workshop to play pinball & pound back cans of beer. Happy Easter weekend!

#3736 2 years ago

Did some weekly service work at the local barcade. Good to see more locations open up for play. I wonder if there is KFC in Australia. Here we call it the Dirty Bird. I have it 2 or more times a week. Waiting on more pictures, or news on Fathom builds. As usual I continue to pound back the beers!

#3738 2 years ago

No I was never a fan of Fathom, way too hard of a game. I am a diehard Bally pinball fan. My teen years I lived to play Bally pins, & promoted them the last 26 years. I continue to service & play them. Tonight I continue to try & get reliable on Xenon. I love servicing pinball for beer. I hope Haggis the best only on bringing more classic pinballs back. Centaur, Xenon, Skateball, Eight Ball Deluxe, & Paragon only the titles I would do for a start.

#3765 2 years ago

Beer & oysters, 3 Guinness = 6 free oysters. Now at the shop had 2 hot dogs & buggel corn chips. Waiting to go out & pound some 32 oz. beers at the bar.
https://www.oldtriangle.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0pfk35ym9wIVAfrICh3gQgfWEAAYASAAEgLU9_D_BwE

(started last week for me) Today marks the start of our weekly oyster happy hour! Every Monday-Thursday 4pm-7pm, come on down for buck a shuck oysters!

If that wasn’t enough to entice you, we are teaming up with Guinness to bring you the one and only Thursday Night Guinness & Oysters! Thursday evenings (4-7pm) order a pint of Guinness & receive 2 free oysters!
*While supplies last*

#3768 2 years ago

Thanks a little beer or car talk is interesting while we wait on full production. I find the cars sold in Australia interesting to the muscle cars of North America.

#3790 2 years ago

I would give one of his employees the job of posting up some pictures or short videos a few times a week. Just to keep up the interest & showing the progress of construction. Maybe next month we will see some more of what is going on there towards Fathom builds. You would think Damian could show a bunch of empty cabinets waiting in the que.

#3865 2 years ago

Good to see something finally. Counted 3 employees in the pictures.

#3997 1 year ago

I would be cautious with all the hype until you see hundreds of Fathoms going out in a steady stream. Pinball machines are extremely hard to manufacturer. I would compare Haggis to Dutch Pinball & Heighway Pinball for roughly actual production numbers before the shit hit the fan. This is going to be a long road for Haggis to continue to ramp up to a Spooky level if they can. We have all seen the failures over the years from basement production to Deeproot $60 million fiasco. Heighway Pinball needed the investors to rebirth the company to move forward. Dutch Pinball does not seem to be able to get a angel investor to make whole all the early achievers, & to ramp up production for any other title.
If you do not believe this, you got to wonder why so little new information has come out of Haggis this year.

#4073 1 year ago

Here is the street view over 2 years ago. 103 Atlantic Drive
Keysborough, 3173, Australia

https://www.google.com/maps/place/103+Atlantic+Dr,+Keysborough+VIC+3173,+Australia/@-38.0192618,145.1848598,3a,75y,270h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9BKgX0o1NtlIWA99XSbBng!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!4m5!3m4!1s0x6ad61254df0e9963:0x9a6e1ef15be69b20!8m2!3d-38.0193024!4d145.1845581

I would guess from the little information shared here on Haggis Pinball Production. That the employees working there are between 5 - 15. So maybe production of Fathoms would be 5 - 20 a week. It will be interesting to see how long this takes to complete the pre orders.

#4118 1 year ago

As the weekend is here. Waiting on all the home Fathom pictures coming soon.

#4231 1 year ago

I just want a picture of the can (washroom) or driveway. Anything is better than nothing.

1 week later
#4364 1 year ago

Pinball is really hard to manufacture. Rick got Fathom #1 to approve many months ago. Now Fathom #2 is with the first guy in Australia. Other Fathoms were shown so you would think by the end of May Fathom #3 - #5 would be shipping. If things were really going ok, Fathom #6 - #10 would be on the way also. Then hopefully get 10 - 25 done per month this year.

#4482 1 year ago

Only a week away from June. Enough delays going on & they should announce what the real problems are going on with production. What is the total number of Fathoms actually manufactured, 2 or 3? Do they have any prototype games, or did they use them as production ones. Lots of questions need to be answered. If the BOM has got out of control for parts, & labor. Now would be the time to come clean about it, & ask for a new price for finished games. Should only ask for remaining payment when the machine is ready to ship out. Too many pinball manufacturing failures since WMS left, or very close to going under.

1 week later
#4577 1 year ago

I still plan on drinking a Australian beer for every Fathom received before Pintastic show. Guess it will be 6 - 12 in total by then.

1 month later
#5052 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

What the hell is wrong with these vegans? Do carnivores try and make their meat look like broccoli? FFS if vegies are so great why are you trying to make them look, feel and taste like meat?
[quoted image]

I like wearing my Vegan t-shirt while eating meat! I am a meat lover, but my brother likes to be Vegan.

As for Haggis congrats on getting games out. Might of been a little harsh during their non regular update period recently. They have proven me wrong!

#5054 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I liked the girl on Paragon. She got me through puberty.

I had Paragon #1001, along with others. That was the only low number I have ever owned, was a production sample. Bally made great early electronic pinball machines, which I spent my youth & adult life playing.

1 week later
#5124 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because Haggis is banned? Or because they don't have internet? Or because they chose to not engage..
The 'no one here can answer you' conclusion is simply because Haggis chose NOT TO not because it's some impossible request.
But you know they read...

They do not want to respond or update here, or they would. Seems as simple as that, they might make or become another Dutch Pinball. Time will tell, & they are shipping games. If you are on insider group you likely know more than the rest of us guessing.

4 weeks later
#5355 1 year ago

Air accidents happen more than people think along with ship disasters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MK_Airlines_Flight_1602

1 week later
#5426 1 year ago

Some of us were just concerned in the past when they went deep & silent about the Fathom build. Anything can happen in the future with any business. I stated when they started finally getting games out good for them. Not a buyer or on the insider club of Haggis Pinball. Not around here much because there is no need. But blame me for everything wrong in the world. I will raise a few cans of bud tonight.

5 months later
#6274 1 year ago

I miss the shit going on here. Glad to see games slowly going out to the owners.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.