Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (59 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (59 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dwboca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3353 2 years ago

1. Fathom
2. Mr & Mrs Pac-Man.
3. Supersonic
4. Voltan escapes cosmic Doom
5. Crocodile Hunter

1 week later
#3494 2 years ago

While I'm patiently waiting to hear/see anything about the progress of Fathom and the mermaids. I think I'll brew a beer, something the aussies would drink, see whether the beer gets drank first or my pin shows up.
Any of those from the upside down have a suggestion for a quality brew??

#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

I'm a fan of a nice Pale Ale myself.

Hell, I'm might as well brew both. In this case, its possible to drink them both before it shows up

#3528 2 years ago

Sorry about redirecting the thread,, but its better than some of the speculation and vitriol. Who doesn't like beer.
Anyway,,
I've found a few good clone recipes for Franziskaner. Most hefe's are about 60/40 wheat/pils mash at 67⁰ hallertau or similar at 60 min, perle 15
Wb-06 ferment warm for more banana/less clove. Boom tasty beer!

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Lager is beer for people who don't like the taste of beer.

HonourableMentionToTheFoFThreadPunkin

This ain't no piss like a fosters or bud light. Its an awesomely complex creation. A good lager is harder to create than an ale.

20220414_005901 (resized).jpg20220414_005901 (resized).jpg
#3582 2 years ago

This thread is great! There is a constant here, a common denominator. While its turned towards beer at the moment. We're all waiting, some patiently some not, for news of our mermaids and really anything from Haggis.
While I wait, I think I'll play one of my two new favorite games and have a homebrewed Vienna lager. I call it Hold my Weiner. Its quite the quaff....

20220414_175248 (resized).jpg20220414_175248 (resized).jpg
#3629 2 years ago

I found an original Fathom to play today. Reminds me why I grabbed a mermaid. Place had a bunch of bally games. Not a Stern to be seen

20220416_171140 (resized).jpg20220416_171140 (resized).jpg
#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from KadeP:

All well and good. BUT, what type of beer were you drinking and was it Vegemite or pro-mite on your toast.

No beer there. I don't drink if I have to drive. Family time and all that.

Now that I'm relaxing, it's time to break out a cellar beer. Vegemite, promite and any yeast paste are all shite.

20220416_205824 (resized).jpg20220416_205824 (resized).jpg
#3634 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Send me a PM, if your last name is Smith or you don't care whats on the bg then i'll do you a deal. A new backglass is $500 if you don't like my name on it.

Trading away a celts?

#3636 2 years ago

If you ever fancy an amazing lager, ill gladly let you hold my weiner.

20220325_142903 (resized).jpg20220325_142903 (resized).jpg
#3637 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

And lagers.

Halving my collection. It missed the cut. Medieval Madness LE went during the week.

Well shit, too bad your 3 oceans and 5 continents away

#3640 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Had a few i've enjoyed, mainly IPL's. But you have to pay through the nose to get a decent lager and i prefer ale in any case.
All the mainstream lagers i have ever tasted (besides a couple euros and a Japanese one) are screaming with faults.
People identify themselves with their favourite beer faults here, your either a Tooheys or VB guy in the past. There's a few slightly better ones now, but they are still all shit. Some of the US lagers i have tasted are just plain horrible, including Budweiser.
I'm sure i'll get lambasted by the expert who's friends with some brewers, but it's not my fault he can't live with dissenting views.

I like beer, all beer. I've had a few tasty ipls. I'm lucky I guess. Having access to fresh European lagers and American interpretations. Some of the best Ipas in the world. I don't judge your taste, doesn't effect how I drink. Just be happy with what you consume.

#3645 2 years ago

Does anyone know if this release is another P.O.S FAST 2.0 release in conjunction PPS?
You know like that Totan2.0 cluster f*k seen as unplayable at TPF 2022?

There was a total 2.0 at TPF??

#3650 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

There was suppose to be... it was in Mirco's booth; but every time I walked by it was "off"... just like all the other FAST projects at the show.

Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing that. It always was off and or had people standing around it.

#3774 1 year ago

I would like to see an update of some kind, anything of substance would be great.

I'll be brewing a hefe/wheat beer soon and a sparkling ale. I hope to get some kinda info before then

Y'all need a chik fila. Tasty chicken

#3899 1 year ago

A truly exciting post by them. I'll have to watch it a few more times. Maybe I'll have a beer or two.....

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from Jace:

Got a email from Damian saying they are going to do a run of celts after the fathoms are out. He’s projecting it to be around the end of the year.

Well shit, now I need to find one and see if I like it

#3963 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

One on location at - Rochester Pinball Collective - East Rochester ..

Cool! Now I need to get out there and play. 4 hrs ish from me

1 week later
#4095 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Alex come on with the unboxing video man!

Yeah, what he said

#4139 1 year ago

So this isn't an Austrian pinball company? What a load of bunk.

#4230 1 year ago

Simon says and whackamole hybrid

#4255 1 year ago

Holy mackerel. Not only does dude have the first fathom delivered, bit he has a magic girl

#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

That's a pretty simple story.
Wayne had the only one in Australia. I'm an optimist who has been following the work in the Netherlands getting these going and I hope to put in the hours to follow their steps.
I reached out to Wayne who had it listed, and he kindly allowed me to purchase it at a fair price.
I've been collecting a few notes from Eric Bartels in the Netherlands until I find time to work on it.
I don't imagine the project will be quick. The game is basically unplayable until the works are done.
But I knew that on purchase so had built that into my expectations.
Cost about 1.5 that of an LE, and it's not only a curio, but a beautiful looking game with potential to restore to it's intended outcome. With only 1 of 1 in Australia I justified it to myself. After works I can't see me losing on it.
Certainly pretty!

Simply amazing! Congrats on both fronts. I'm rooting for you to get it going!

#4273 1 year ago

Great sound to have a beer and relax by the fire

2 weeks later
#4626 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

It looks like there will be at least one Fathom at the NWPAS this weekend. Also Nitro Pinball said they will have one at their own event across the street. Exciting!

they just posted via FB, that one is in their possession and they will be unboxing shortly

#4695 1 year ago

Its amazing to see these mechanical works of art, reach their destinations.
Almost if the forgotten virtue of patience was truly rewarded.

Who woulda thunk it??

1 week later
#4800 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Yes, and air!
Will be going right on location next to-ish the Celts!

You're putting these out at rochester pinball?

#4804 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Yes, Rochester Pinball Collective (East Rochester, NY).
Pretty sure the head on this is wider than my basement stairway at home, would like to have it at home for a bit before there, but also do not want to be taking this apart so will get a couple pics of the box in the garage and over to there pretty much immediately..

Thats exciting! Were planning a family trip out to the ROC. Definitely been trying to get there and flip.
No dates yet, have to get to pintastic first

#4824 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

For all those wondering

Pretty sure the free shipping was only on the mermaids.

My distro is asking for shipping.
It may be free in a container to US, then freight/trucking charges from there to my home?

Just speculating

#4830 1 year ago

I have the hook in a mermaid. Just waiting for more info, but I'm mid run. So probably August or so...

2 weeks later
#4937 1 year ago

My wife and I took a ride out to Rochester so we could play the haggis games. She's now sold that I made a good buy with getting in on the Mermaid Fathom. She also is now interested in a Celts. Go figure.
They have a lot of great games there, but Fathom kept our attention for 75% of the time there.

#4940 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Haha! I caught it quicker than you…

You don't just go to Rochester to play pinball

2 weeks later
#5066 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:I just paid my DHL bill to have my Mermaid I’d shipped by air. Should be shipped in the next week or so!

How much to have it shipped?

1 month later
#5345 1 year ago

Exciting to see the games going out. I'm on the slow boat route. Spendy enough as is than pay extra to plane it in. Just my take

1 week later
#5432 1 year ago

They should add a pick your call out accent. Kinda like waze, when they do an update. Pick from aussie, american, etc. Or upload your own. That would be a riot

#5540 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Fathom Mermaid edition has finally landed in Vermont. [quoted image]

Leave the garage door open, I'm on my way up to play it.

3 weeks later
#5615 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Don't worry guys. We will just blend in and you'll never know we are there.
[quoted image]

I've in NY. I dress like this so people avoid me. Its easier that way

2 weeks later
#5670 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

fastpinball
Is it well received and playing well without fault?

Lots to play here, its over in back corner. But always has someone on it when I go by it

2 weeks later
#5745 1 year ago

Yall are considering paying 15k AUD?
I don't want bond for 10k Usd or really any other game for that price.

4 weeks later
#5809 1 year ago

Where did posts 5794-5801 go? What happened?

#5849 1 year ago

I picked up a deposit thru a distro that had changed hands many times. Not sure as to why for everytime. Guy i got it from got the old version of game and didn't want to wait any longer.. Distro is patient and open with communication.

#5851 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why would anybody announce abandoning a deposit when so much shame and ridicule has already been dished out by Pinside?

Self flagellation is cool

#5854 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I posted in this thread for anyone willing to sell a deposit spot to send me a Pm.
In the last few weeks I have only heard from 2 people. One actually had a machine and wanted $12,500.
It was located in AUS. Another offered me a spot around #150 for a couple hundred over cost but they told me that it would be one of the last machines made.
I played Cointaker’s sample machine and really enjoyed it. I think deposit holders just need to be patient. Pinball is hard and it’s also 2022 which = Mfg/parts nightmare.

So did you get a spot?

1 year later
#7660 17 days ago

In after the unlock

#7663 15 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

But some of them do think that Australia is right next door to Germany

All the dessert talk makes me Hungary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dwboca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.