20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
20210918_164900 (resized).jpg
20210918_164837 (resized).jpg
20210918_163313 (resized).jpg
20210918_110356 (1) (resized).jpg
20210918_072133 (resized).jpg
20210917_165031 (resized).jpg
20210917_164522 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dscapo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1598 34 days ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Photos do not do it justice. It's a beautiful machine. Build is 9/10

Looks incredible! How does it shoot on the acrylic?

1 week later
#1625 21 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I had an email exchange for my Celts order this week. Which mine is now estimated within 4 weeks. I am likely near the end of Celts production. Fathoms follow Celts. But the date could slip more, as there are significant lock down in the area that Haggis is located that is affecting their production. *Edit* adding optimism -- if the lock down situation improves I guess production could move up too

Do you happen to know your production number?

2 weeks later
#1648 7 days ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Great honest update on what's going on. Looks like we will be waiting a little longer for our Fathoms. I have my Celts (#16) & I am extremely happy with the build. If I have to wait a bit longer for Fathom & it's built as good as Celts... Which I believe it will be, I will be extremely happy.

Am I the only one that felt slightly less enthusiastic about where things are production wise with Fathom? I understand the need to get Celts out, I understand the shipping and parts and lockdown constraints… I was not aware that they had to reverse engineer components or custom build things like rollover switches for Fathom. It sounds like they are admittedly trying to figure everything out as they go.
I don’t think that once the last Celts leaves, the Fathoms will start flowing through the building as I had anticipated.
This last update made it sound a year away, not a couple months.
I have faith that they can do it but I now believe preorders were way premature.

#1654 7 days ago
Quoted from simbob:

Folks, Melbourne, Australia - where Haggis is located- is still in the longest and strictest Covid lockdown that has happened anywhere on the planet. In about 3 weeks Melbourne will open up again and I would expect they can get things moving then. Cut them a little slack, I think they have done a great job so far in incredibly difficult circumstances.

Of course the lockdown is understandable. I was surprised more-so at the preparedness to make a Fathom. I assumed everything had already been designed and working.

#1660 7 days ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Manufacturers often change or improve a design while building a machine. We have seen that countless times in pinball.

I understand and I hope they do improve and modernize the design. This is a remake however, not a ground up re-design so I wouldn’t expect major issues.
I honestly feel like they have the willingness and capacity to deliver something amazing….

I just failed to see how this update was so encouraging!? I preordered my Fathom knowing in the back of my mind their timeline was a little too ambitious.
I felt with this last update that I put a deposit on “an eventual attempt” to make the machine, not on the machine itself.
We saw a cabinet back in May and 4 days ago we saw a rollover switch.
It’s gonna be awhile.

#1675 7 days ago

So ahhh… Too soon to ask what’s next after Fathom?

#1678 7 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

Flash Gordon would be amazing!! I know everybody wants Centaur which honestly it doesn’t matter to me but that would be fantastic to get a FG.

Centaur would be the obvious home run. I know what I’d like to see eventually but I’m openly biased

#1690 3 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

An update for you guys that aren't on Facebook.
[quoted image][quoted image]

And some “shinny” fathom legs! Nice! It’s good to see the recent barrage of progress photos.

E1E5B2DD-2743-48A5-8E6C-50BF98BE31D6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dscapo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside