IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#285 2 years ago

Please be Mrs. Potatoehead, I mean Centaur... please be Centaur...

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd be willing to bet $20 in the future there will be a 2.0 upgrade available for the baseline games

I'll bet you $200 that if they don't, that somebody will hack a work around so the baselines can play 2.0 and then here comes Dongle Wars 2.0

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Vegas is only 5 and half hours away from me lol

I'm in San Tan Valley too, maybe we do a road trip?

#397 2 years ago

I think I would pay $7000 for a Centaur 2.0 without any bells and whistles, that is just a standard backglass, playfield, cabinet and apron displays and 2.0 ruleset. No topper, no powdercoat, no Radcals, no do-dads, gee-gaws, or trinkets. You need the apron displays to add more player feedback so they understand the story and the new extended rules, but the rgb displays are unnecessary gee-wizardry in my book. On a true recreation, with no significant external difference between it and OG equipment, I would go $6k, but being as it will be shipped from down under, and with the exchange rate, that isn't going to buy it.

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good on Haggis, I hope they make a shit load of them.

I think I am in on a Centaur when that comes around... a lot of people have mixed feelings about it, but some have just not played it enough to fall in love with the rules, especially the round robin continuous multiball, which, if I remember correctly, was the whole damn point of the game. Back in the day, I hated the game, I could never seem to get it rocking and it was because I was used to Williams multiballs on Fire Power, and so I didn't really connect with it, even avoided it to play EBD, because that game was pure fun, along with Xenon. Now come one lonely all nighter at pin expo, an empty Centaur, and enough party supplies to keep us all "performance enhanced" for the evening and I finally got it rolling...

There is nothing like keeping a ball going and going and going... amongst the better players, this is not a machine to play multiple players on, unless you need to drain the lizard, or pick up a snack or drop the kids off at the pool because I have seen my brother play a solid hour on one ball (mind you he owns a Centaur II) and sometimes that simple "keep that ball alive" mentality locks in and you can do no wrong. I have had to let a ball drain because my wrist were so sore... yeah that kind of pinball is the best kind of pinball. Sign me up.

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

operators were the only people buying a Fathom Pinball Machine

I think the coin-op amusement business is sometimes forgotten as to the "why" pinball was even invented. I have said for years, operators did not give a damn about flaws and imperfections, and that the HUO NIB crowd are fooling themselves believing that manufacturers even care about playfield quality issues beyond is it flat, do balls roll on it, and can you play a game on it, yes or no? Yes? Well then good day sir... I said good day!

#642 2 years ago

I'm hoping Haggis knocks this out of the park. I so much want a Centaur that I am going to commit the ultimate sin by ordering one without telling the wife... when she gets done totally freaking out, I'll let her in on it's a nonrefundable deposit and we need to at least flip it before flipping it, and maybe I will get to unbox it and play one game... a man can dream can't he?

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Centaur may be a hard sell aesthetically, over here

It could be painted brown and called Turd Mountain, and I would still buy it as long as I can play the 1.0 OG ruleset, and Bonus! I get 2.0 code too? Sign me up.

#648 2 years ago

Ok, I'm going to confess to Pinsiding while intoxicated, but think of what you could do with that underused magnet in Centaur 2.0 And I have to admit I will be envious of FME owners because Fathom is a frustratingly fun game out of the box, and 2.0 will be fun to see.

1 week later
#854 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Centaur looks very good but its very low WAF outside a mancave makes me wonder if it could fly commercially.

If you married the right wife, then the WAF is not a problem... but I can see your point, however, there may be a few hundred biker chicks who would love it, so there is always hope. From a players standpoint, Centaur is a killer ruleset from that period, and the people I know who can get it rocking and rolling have never walked away unsatisfied. Most times, it takes a real Centaur wizard to show you the ropes, then it all makes sense, and you find yourself wanting to play it even more. I find the reflex to push the credit button is high with Centaur, EBD, Xenon. After playing a Williams Flash, however, it became harder and harder to live with Bally flippers and my quarters started falling into williams machines, almost exclusively.

#889 2 years ago

I tried haggis in Bonnie Scotland around 1982. I would have to say I didn't like it. Now it maybe knowing it's all the parts of the sheep you normally wouldn't eat by itself, or it might be looking down at the end of it and actually identifying a particular said organ and suddenly loosing my appetite. Lungs is one thing I try to avoid in my mutton.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.