Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (61 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (61 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brk_oth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1375 2 years ago

Removing the coin door has been done many times over the decades, it has failed every single time.

At the end of the day this is a classic remake of a classic game, the whole point of it is to try to recreate the original classic game, removing a huge visual element like a coin door would drastically change the look of the game, which is something you wouldn't want to do in a remake. People seem to accept little changes and modern day improvements, but you would cut out almost all the classic remake buyers if you deviate too much from the original.

People have already posted an alternative for you - buy a blank coin door and get it painted.

For a company that is only just starting out you want to keep things as simple as possible, you don't want to start adding heaps of customisation.

1 week later
#1397 2 years ago

Might be a newly added item to the pack? There wasn't a beanie in my clan Haggis pack ordered last year.

9 months later
#3748 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Krusty Creme, StarFuckinBucks......
They just stopped a Maccas in Toormina (wrong side of the track in my local City Coffs Harbour last year. They have 3 or 4 in town already, owned by a franchisee, but they stopped this one in the home of heartbreak with a community movement through council.

You have Starbucks up your way? I've never seen a Starbucks outside of the major airports. Of course they are located in the airports for the overseas tourists who are used to seeing Starbucks, almost everywhere else Starbucks failed as Aussies like real coffee.

For the Americans who don't know and don't want to Google, in his previous post "Hungry Jacks" is "Burger King", we already had a Burger King here in Australia so your American company needed to use a new name.

2 months later
#4888 1 year ago

In Australia we use cane sugar instead of corn syrup that the US uses.... so ours is more like Mexican Coca-Cola.

1 month later
#5319 1 year ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

I think they look terrific on a game like Fathom, for example! I only wish they could laser-cut out the center of the larger pieces rather than cutting them to the exact same pattern of the original. This way, it wouldn't wash out the colors of the original plastics, and the large areas of clear (like on Fathom) could remain clear. [quoted image][quoted image]

Haggis has done that Here's ours, picked up from the factory on Friday, which has the clear bits actually clear.

20220820_083612 (resized).jpg20220820_083612 (resized).jpg20220820_105152 (resized).jpg20220820_105152 (resized).jpg

#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Hard to tell from the pictures. Is it rubber on it or Titans/Perfect play type?

Titans

#5337 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

No company logo on the backglass ?

Correct, no logo on backglass.

Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Anyone heard if Haggis is coming to Expo?

Pretty certain that's a 'no'... but I would assume its possible that you might have a local US dealer bring something???
Next show Haggis will be at is Pinfest (Australia).
I was chatting about Chicago Expo & overseas trips with them only last week and they never mentioned they had any intention of going, of course they may have kept that quiet for a surprise, but I doubt it.
There's no real need to go over anyway.. every mermaid is presold so no need to advertise the game and they have a lot of work ahead of them to manufacture the rest of the games, I say they cant afford to slow down by having team members overseas.

Quoted from rai:

I think I’ll go the slow boat route as well.

You'll get to experience the long wait all us Australians get with new Stern/JJP on the slow boats. Sometimes the newest stern is being announced and we hadn't even received the previous release. I'm surprised that there are so many in the US willing to spend so much extra to air freight the game.

#5344 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I wonder if the logo is on every single part?
I know it is on a few but very discreet.

No logo anywhere on the backglass, even the small copyright text in the bottom right doesnt mention Haggis.

Quoted from wiredoug:

possibly a wise move by someone looking to sell good replicas to the original fathom owners. hopefully it is

Might not fit, I haven't measure the actual glass, but the backbox is smaller than a Bally, so I would assume smaller backglass.

#5371 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

That looks like it plays AWESOME!
I am giggling inside listening to the Aussie call outs
Do we really sound like this ✌️

I still can't get over it, I've played dozens of games and still find it so weird hearing Aussie accents in a pinball.

#5458 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

That leads to my other question; whether that light/color bleed that is very visible in the pictures and videos is visible to the naked eye or if it is only a figment picked up by the camera?

I found light bleed for you, it does exist, but it's not noticeable in attract mode or gameplay, I've gone 2 weeks not seeing any. I was actually working on proving to you that there is no light bleed..... My plan was to actually try different camera settings on a DSLR instead of just a phone camera to attempt to show the game better...
When I put the game into diagnostic mode and cycled through the lights I was able to notice the light bleed on most inserts.
Then during a very close up inspection during attract mode, the only insert that had very noticeable light bleed was the "in sequence" insert below the drop targets, this insert has a solid single colour all around it which makes it easier to see the light bleed. In attract mode and gameplay you also don't really see it because there is other general illumination light flooding the playfield, plus most lights only flash so you don't get a chance to inspect it closely.
It is there, but the camera greatly exaggerates the light bleed. You really have to go searching for it.

#5482 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

... game production does seem to be accelerating...

definitely accelerating quite fast - it wasn't that long ago that it appeared they were averaging one game per week, now it looks like it's about 4 games per week, with Damian still sounding very optimistic that they can still significantly increase output.

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Rochester Pinball Collective's Fathom 2.0 is unplayable- it's blowing a fuse and they can't diagnose it because Haggis won't send the schematics. Anyone experience this problem? I can forward you the RPC's information.

Given that all the boards are the FAST system, check out their website, there is some basic information and diagrams about the boards there. If that doesn't help I'd say ask FAST for more info about their boards.

#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The latest Slam Tilt podcast, Bruce stated they have one at the place and it's been a lot of problems. Fuses blowing and not able to troubleshoot easily without schematics or documentation. Anyone else having any issues at all?

No big issues that kill gameplay or affect coins going in.
A few small bugs in the code that should get sorted out eventually.
Displays constantly go blank during a game.
Lost all sound once - it blew a fuse, hasn't happened again so no clue why. The game wouldn't boot after replacing the fuse, but something must have come loose while in there as after reseating all connectors and fuses it was back to normal....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brk_oth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=brk_oth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.