IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zukram.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#916 2 years ago

Is that a viable option to deliver to a US location for our northern neighbors to come pick it up ? In any case I am fairly close for anyone Ontario/Ottawa... And have games on order already too.. Not sure what else would need to be worked out..

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Can't get to haggispinball.com?
Anyone else having this issue

Seems a little slow right now, but works..

3 months later
#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Paid for my Celts last week, just working on a shipping estimate now. Machines are coming!

I also got notice that my invoice / payment will be requested in the next week or so.. And also same on shipping as i only have approximate costs for options so far..

1 month later
#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Has anyone gotten an update on Fathom? It’s been at least a month since last update. I know that some Celts are being built/ shipped.

I had an email exchange for my Celts order this week. Which mine is now estimated within 4 weeks. I am likely near the end of Celts production. Fathoms follow Celts. But the date could slip more, as there are significant lock down in the area that Haggis is located that is affecting their production. *Edit* adding optimism -- if the lock down situation improves I guess production could move up too

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Do you happen to know your production number?

Unfortunately I do not know this. But I did get my invoice yesterday.. Just have to decide later on if a container on a ship, or avoid the shipping delays via air for $$$ ...

2 months later
#1893 2 years ago

Late to post, got this before our family trip a week or so ago..

IMG-4144 (resized).jpgIMG-4144 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

So... how do the order numbers corollate to build/ship dates OR do they even have anything to do with the build/ship date?
I've got mermaid order numbers 175 & 402.

2 Mermaids!! Nice!!

Email mentioned the order of builds in general.

But also that soon we would all get info on exactly where you are in queue..

If everyone shares their mermaid order number you can maybe glean where you are (other things Haggis has for sale also get a number). Plus those who purchased the series tickets get to jump some spaces in queue however..

2 weeks later
#2069 2 years ago

I have had decent communication with Damien, and found them to be at least as responsive as other manufacturers / dealers, and was given an approximate date for the first Mermaids recently. I still expect that to be optimistic, but very confident it is coming soon enough.

#2097 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But game wasn’t “sold” as a boutique company that had to be built up from scratch and then things would be figured out and eventually you’d get it. No it was deceivingly presented as being imminent and no issues were raised that might prevent HaggIs from beginning to crank games out in three months time. Send Money. Then NOTHING but broken promises and missed deadlines. I can assure you that is not what I signed up for. But if it had been explained and money had not been taken. We wouldn’t have this issue imo.

Scratching my head on how you could not of considered this a a boutique company, or not know it was a company that was indeed just building up. There is a stream of videos out there from just before covid turned everything inside out, where Damien was sitting in a small room opening boxes of things to prototype pinball builds, and continuing on with development. Forward a bit to when they tried to start real manufacturing then boom the entire area that Haggis plant is located in was in severe covid lockdown for several months, not just you have to wear a mask type of lockdown, but real enforced stuff. I think it was even just recent that restrictions have been lifted. That is not something anyone was predicting or fully prepared for. There are also very significant disruptions in all other areas of the manufacturing pipeline here, and even beyond that. Stern who is extremely matured in this space has a backlog of a year or more due largely to the same stressors.. We all lived through this, should know this...

In any case, it is fairly impressive that they have survived that, and clear by the build / packaging / quality / etc of their first game, they are on a path to get to where you may of thought they were a couple years ago. And as there are more than a handful of Celts out there now, you claim 'NOTHING', odd.. And those few dozen Celts that are in peoples hands were made in the last couple of months, and I think likely with a fraction of the manufacturing/assembly staff they had planned to have last summer.

In any case this is all moot, mermaids are being made now, pictures of them will start to show up soon enough. I'll enjoy mine if it arrives in 4 weeks or 14 weeks..

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Flogging a dead horse mate.
He's made 13 posts in this thread in a row putting shit on Haggis.
As i said, he doesn't even have an interest in the game anymore and is still running the people down.
It's not about pinball for this guy. Now i realize why he has stalkers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tq=&tu=JEFFSPINBALLPALACE

Good points

So..

This mention of Centaur as #3 !!!!

Or can they replicate zipper flippers for a Medusa..

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

This is a fantastic question that I never thought about. My only complaint about Bally games of this era is that the flippers are usually mush. Granted, I’ve never knowingly played a game from this era with rebuilt linear flippers so it may have been decades of wear and tear on all the games I’ve played but ….woof.

Might expect they will use similar flippers as Celts. Driven by the proc system.. Then it would come down to how they might code the drive and pwm hold.. Not sure that can be made to feel the same..

1 week later
#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I see it does not compute.
Stern is shipping product as quickly as they can get them off the line, Haggis is not.

Haggis is shipping games just as fast as they can as well.. Unfortunately no Fathoms yet. Just that they have no where near the capacity as Stern. Really no other pinball manufacturer even comes close to Stern.

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

They have shipped zero Fathoms to customers.
They promised a major update in January.

You did not see the major update then ?
I mean I have a couple emails from them, that I would consider fairly significant.

The most significant was that Fathoms went into production.
There was even an estimated amount of time till shipments as well.

They have shipped a few dozen Celts.. So like I said I think they are shipping as fast as they can.
At some point they will grow and be able to increase capacity, and external forces that slow everything will lessen.

#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Nope, just pointing out Haggis isn't keeping their own promises and you guys are waving your hands going "nothing to see here"

I was waving my hands saying there was a major announcement! Two if you like the note about shipping.
I'd enjoy seeing a few pictures, but those are meh, spend that hour or two setting up a good shot assembling things is way better use of time..

Now also waving my hands because there is a recent delivered Celts right there behind me.. And also I have had communications with Damian in the past week.. Truth is it really does not matter, they have sold all the Mermaids, and their pipeline is filled for quite some time. They will ship soon enough.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Why haven’t we seen a completed working Fathom ? There has to be at least 1 game that works 50-60% ? Why not show us something ? No, I still haven’t received my Celts that was told would ship Jan-1. So I reached out and got a response from Damion that said 1- more week which means 2-23-2022 i should get an email for shipping payment. What about the new code for Fathom ? Developing code doesn’t require hard materials, you would think its completed ?

Also what shipping method did you go for?

2 weeks later
#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:Got this notice this morning for my Celts, hope this will reassure some of us that Haggis is still ALIVE!!!
[quoted image]

Woot! Keep watching the tracking on that, as it may at some point ask you for import details to fill out, so as to not delay at any point through customs..

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

After much consideration…….I’m out. Good luck with what I’m sure will be a great machine, just haven’t enjoyed the process!
Alien LV here I come

How deep is the Alien LV backlog ? At this point if you were not already in on either of these months ago, its going to be a long wait for one.. In any case, Alien is a good choice, fun game.. PB is doing a good job supporting and production is happening..

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Secured one 2 days ago and found out last night they have just arrived in Sydney so no more waiting at all. Happy days

Oh hell yeah, nice! Then you should just get both! Going to be a bit of time for a Fathom!

#2785 2 years ago

They are not done making Celts. They were done making all the Celts that were slotted to be done before starting Mermaids. And it was after that the order page for Celts changed a bit to call new Celts with the toys / etc the Highland Edition.. In any case pretty good indication that Haggis is doing just fine given all the worldly conditions, being able to build and iron out last minute details with Fathom and still produce Celts..

#2790 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

If DHL is delivering a celts to someone in florida USA in 2 days and damian has said DHL takes 7-10 days to get to the USA from his shop... it seems they were making celts as recent as the first weeks of march.

And I imagine they may be even making more now too ...

#2798 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

All I hear when I'm reading this is "I wasn't around to see the exact same thing happen with like 5+ other pinball manufacturers who ended up not really delivering anything so I guess this is fine". Will this be a total loss like Skit-b, deeproot, zidware, ect? A partial loss like Heighway or Dutch who still I guess technically still slowly churn out games that people ordered several years ago and are skating by by the skin of their teeth, or will it be like Spooky, pretty much the only manufacturer that was able to pull this feat off so far? Time will tell, but I know this much: All these excuses, all the goodwill and wishful thinking even the "great direct communication!", it was all there for all these other companies too, and it didn't turn out good. Nobody should be shamed for being skeptical about this.

+PinballBrothers or do you put them in about the same development level as Haggis now ?

I would think Haggis is past the point where some of these others have failed..
They have delivered a few dozen Celts, and continue to make some even in parallel with Fathom.

Will they make it long term.. Well I hope so. Time will tell..

Also at what point really will folks that are skeptical not be, after the first batch of Fathom unboxing pics ?

The folks that have been full invoiced are the the season ticket folks and Haggis cost of producing must still be inline, as shipping is covered in this, including a discount on air if optioned for.. So once they complete the initial games, non-seasons will be invoiced, and then it is all logistics to keep the supply of parts in stock..

#2950 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I think the lockdown bar is made of fiberglass not metal and they had problems with them. They've redesigned it and sent out new bars to people with issues. I think because of material, it would be molded rather than stamped?

Correct. The outer shell is molded fiberglass. The problem was the shell was fairly thin, especially along the sides, and was easy to shatter / crack. The updated lock downs I have seen are thicker fiberglass.

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

Is anyone verifying the wire instructions before sending funds? I am looking to send but also wanting to be somewhat safe.

Can message me the account they said to send to, I could verify that it is at least the same I have sent for Celts and other things..

#3059 2 years ago

Damien should provide a pic to anyone he’s sent an invoice for balance to demonstrate parts are on hand and everything is in place to start. And like others have noted, four weeks prior is plenty of time. I feel strongly that should be waiting until game comes off the line and is in a box, before providing pics and requesting money. I can’t trust what comes out of his mouth, show me. But I don’t have money on the line. Once some roll off the line and then some will show up in the marketplace, I’ll buy one.

LOL, He is under no such obligation to do so.. Besides what could it possibly even prove... You have a video of a working unit, you were all about needing that to prove it is not vapor. Now Damian has gotten past a couple cabinet, drop target, supply issues, and able to take money to produce next batch, and he is now using previous experience to estimate a little longer hopefully more accurate lead time..

For one I like that he is estimating 8 weeks, instead of 4.. How many can they make in a week, how many need to fill a container to ship to the US, folks can expedite this by opting for air. Is it better to say 4 then ship in 8, or say 8 and surprise your game is boxed sooner ??

In any case people can pay it or not.. Someone a little later in the queue can jump up a few spots.. Maybe that someone is you even, have a late number game ? want it earlier? Get someone a little uneasy, to hold off some ?

#3112 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

There is no way as long as my arse points to the ground your game will be shipping in 8 weeks, happy to make bets with people.

So.. Does your arse point to the ground, and you wager game does not ship in 8 weeks ? Or does your arse not point to the ground, and you wager that it does ship in 8 weeks ? Or does your arse only sometimes point to the ground, so that way you are covered if it does or does not ship in 8 weeks ?

1 month later
#3866 1 year ago

So.. prod floor now in video. Check.. game getting wrapped up.. check.. One put in a box even.. check..

Shot of floor projector.. What was this a known feature ????

Go Haggis..

#3962 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Well shit, now I need to find one and see if I like it

One on location at - Rochester Pinball Collective - East Rochester ..

1 week later
#4178 1 year ago

The boxes are preprinted with Model, Country, Serial and the underscores.. Haggis uses some ink transfer sticker for the actual words above the underscores. That transfer comes out much darker and different font.. That is the reason for the difference there..

#4180 1 year ago
Quoted from frobozz:

If you watch the video, the box is printed (the greyer lettering) and then the unique info was being put on with some sort of rub-off or peel-n-stick lettering, which would tend to look much darker. No idea why, that seems insanely labor-intensive.

It is a nice touch.. Probably faster or same as other places that have some guy write the serial number / details on the box with a sharpie, or apply a plain white sticker with printed lettering..

1 week later
#4291 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

He had one at 10k and the buyer backed out. I'm assuming that is this one. Sometimes tire kicking is in order with a 10k preorder spot. Keep kicking I say.

Well he "said" he had a buyer at 10k, and maybe implied this alleged buyer knew it was just for the pre-order spot..

3 weeks later
#4792 1 year ago

Mermaid on its way.. Tracking number received this morning.. Celts took about a week, so will see how quickly this makes it through customs..

#4799 1 year ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Series ticket holder?

Yes, and air!

Will be going right on location next to-ish the Celts!

#4803 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

You're putting these out at rochester pinball?

Yes, Rochester Pinball Collective (East Rochester, NY).

Pretty sure the head on this is wider than my basement stairway at home, would like to have it at home for a bit before there, but also do not want to be taking this apart so will get a couple pics of the box in the garage and over to there pretty much immediately..

1 week later
#4857 1 year ago

Got the notice a couple hours ago, that the game will be delivered today, now nicely into the garage. Will get some more pics later, and onto the floor by this weekend!

IMG-5591 (resized).jpgIMG-5591 (resized).jpg
#4883 1 year ago

Beautiful game, with great finish an details inside and out..

IMG-5595 (resized).jpgIMG-5595 (resized).jpgIMG-5596 (resized).jpgIMG-5596 (resized).jpgIMG-5599 (resized).jpgIMG-5599 (resized).jpgIMG-5600 (resized).jpgIMG-5600 (resized).jpgIMG-5601 (resized).jpgIMG-5601 (resized).jpgIMG-5602 (resized).jpgIMG-5602 (resized).jpgIMG-5603 (resized).jpgIMG-5603 (resized).jpg
#4900 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like the height adjuster screw for the second target is missing in the left drop target bank. Might want to look around in the cabinet for it and make sure its not near any power connections. Would sure love to see more pictures of the playfield with the glass off.

Oh I see what you mean, thank you.. Did not notice anything earlier but definitely see it missing in the picture. Had a fair amount of tweaks here and there we needed to do, and will need my head underneath some more. Later in the week when we are back there will get a few more pictures.

4 weeks later
#5105 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Question for those that have received their games, what are you paying in ways of duty charges? I know bringing a pin that was made in the US back into the Stated there's no charge but being these are not US made is their fees/taxes associated with them?

Have not seen a duty charge..

2 weeks later
#5228 1 year ago

I concur. I'd love to see more of the 2.0 code also. There have been some code updates since release, but has that changed any of the existing modes or was that just bug fixes? How is the new code compared to the original?
I'd love to learn more. It would keep the rest of us entertained while we wait.

We have had two code updates since release. I did ask Damian to post change logs, and I believe you can find them on the support link on haggis website now.

The main changes were corrections of various bugs in the original fathom code. I do not recall the exact changes, but there were indeed several oddities/problems that were corrected.

The second patch corrected timings around hitting the green/lower saucer, where a ball could miss the saucer and get lost behind drop targets.

Haggis got these out to us about a day or two after reporting issues.

There is another patch coming that will increase stability in the LCDs, and score displays. Among some other things, hopefully including 2.0 modes scoring issue with for the green saucer mode.

Haggis has been very responsive to us on these and a couple other issues.

As for video, I'm sure soon we will add it to one of our tournaments and likely will get into one of our twitch streams..

#5231 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wish they'd release code updates for Celts, I (and the others who play it here) have some real issues with trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

We heard there is a patch coming for Celts as well. Not sure exactly what will be included in it yet, but seemed suggested it will be significant..

2 weeks later
#5469 1 year ago

Nobody outside of Fathom buyers cares about Haggis anymore. If Haggis built 20 games in 8 months, then bad on them. I’d want to hide those numbers too. That’s terrible. Instead of sitting around smoking cigars and toasting with glasses of cognac those that would, should be screaming bloody murder and asking to see proof of Haggis existence. What a shitshow of a company. If you are number 250, you could get your game in x years and Haggis won’t refund deposits. They won’t communicate with public how many are built. They won’t answer customers emails, unless they like you (that’s what makes it worse). They are asking for balance payment without idea of when game will be made. If this company survives, today will mark it’s lowest point. However should they not, they have much further to fall.

Very real company, not a fully matured company yet, game production does seem to be accelerating. There are unfortunately very real limits on time here too, so perhaps a decision was made to significantly prioritize time and energy into the builds, versus customer communication.

So in reality people should be confident here. Their game will come. And it will be sweet in the end..

#5497 1 year ago

True there are no real victims remaining in this thread, but for ….
Any buyer requesting a refund who did not receive one. That’s right, if requesting to cancel order and getting money back immediately was an option, then Haggis’ policy would be fine. But this is not the case. Any buyer who wants a refund today and can’t have it are being wronged. Not just the loudmouths here, but of all buyers. Every person that wants an update from Damian and receives a purposely misleading one or who is requested to pay their balance are being lied to. Aren’t these people victims? What about people that needed their money and never got it, and they gave up? How about people that would cancel if told the truth and it was it would take 18-36 months before receiving game?
There are victims littering everywhere. Maybe it comes down to how you define victims. But this seems like a classic, breech of contract for falling to deliver, with an international twist.

Deposits are clearly stated as non-refundable.

Are you making up situations where you think people are demanding money back ?

The closest I recall anyone stating this here -- Haggis facilitated transfer of deposits, something they are not obliged to do, but result is original depositor got their money back..

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Rochester Pinball Collective's Fathom 2.0 is unplayable- it's blowing a fuse and they can't diagnose it because Haggis won't send the schematics. Anyone experience this problem? I can forward you the RPC's information.

Can confirm that we have this off the floor now for the last few weeks. Since we opened the case with Haggis, Fast has published references for the I/O boards (that or somehow we did not see them initially). It is a bit of a slow go for sure. But we will have parts soon from Haggis, as this is either a faulty coil, or possibly a problem on the 3208 I/O board, unfortunately this means a week or two more as this all needs to go through customs...

#5548 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Not major issues. Couple of display gremlins but I think that’s more a coding problem.

We reported display issues as well, and have word that there is work being done to correct this, and should have a software patch coming soon. Both for the score/segment displays, and occasional in apron screen blanking/resets..

#5549 1 year ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

So the replacement board is shipping from AU and not direct from FAST? Is it not a standard FAST part?

I did reach out to FAST as well for troubleshooting tips, they reached out to Haggis and also offered to ship a replacement instead of having to have one take a round trip to AU.. Hopefully will have this whole thing resolved early next week..

#5550 1 year ago

Folks with a Fathom, can you look to see how the wires to this coil are routed on the large bank of drop targets. Found where I think caused our first short, there was a small spot of insulation worn that somehow we did not see until last night. The wear was just near the lower coil in the picture, maybe where it was ziptied to the mech or possibly had a chance of getting caught by the mech movement itself. Unfortunately I had no other pictures of how it was ziptied or routed, but might be worth a look to see if you might have the same situation.. Our game got quite a few plays the first couple weeks it was on the floor..

IMG-5595 (1) (resized).jpgIMG-5595 (1) (resized).jpg
#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Yes I have had some occasional apron screen blanking resets. I’d also say the 2.0 code should add a bit more on what to do in each multi-ball. When you start a mermaid battle it doesn’t say what you have to hit and I believe it should light things up red to display this but it’s currently not in there. The health of the mermaids could be reduced some as well, maybe 25%.

Well that mode is also a bit buggy as far as scoring goes, like draining the ball early in the mode (after ball save) will get you a million points or so.. Completing the mode, if you can, maybe a couple hundred k ..

#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Here are a few pictures of mine. Let me know if this helps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you it does.. I'm pretty certain mine doesnt have the two black plastic tie down things in that area, and the wire was firmly zip tied to the mech itself.. Maybe the vibration of that mech when it resets eventually caused the short. So looks like they changed that sometime after my build to yours..

1 month later
#5681 1 year ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

It has been so fun! There have been people playing it and taking photos of it pretty constantly. People are just so impressed. We updated the code last night and all seems fine. I have lost my voice hours ago.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Wondering the version of code that you applied ?

#5686 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Probably some sort of show fade? All previous reports and videos from owners and other demos seem to agree that the flippers are strong and snappy!

We have had several issues with flippers feeling weak.. In all have had to adjust just about every part linkages too tight, flipper leaf alignment, needed to burnish the flipper leaf contacts, make sure the dual stack leaf was properly gapped and tensioned, etc.. There was something with the dual stack leafs that a when they exhibit low power they are registering multiple times (can tell when the bonus lanes rotate multiple times per flip).. In any case once we got that corrected, flippers feel much improved..

#5696 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Likely because they don't want to take on the additional merchant fees. 3.6% I believe for international transactions on PayPal, CC fees through a bank aren't much better. That all cuts into the bottom line and I imagine the BOM on this game has gone up at least 3.6% since the price was locked in, which I'm guessing has eroded some of the planned margin already.

There are also risks with charge backs and reversals, after they ship the product. At least I have heard from some distributors that the wire transfer is to protect them from that type of scam.

#5703 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I know of 2 US delivered that don’t post on Pinside. But it does seem that mostly Australia owners are posting.

Only US folks posting are the ones that opted for air transport. Some posts back there was mention of a container being filled for a slower sea shipment.. So if that is the case there will eventually be a largish number all at once in the US receiving..

#5705 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I believe mine is on a rowboat?

Did they send you tracking or freight id info of any kind ? Depending on the transport there may be a sight where you can track where the ship is on the ocean even..

6 months later
#6347 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I haven't looked in the owners thread , are people pissed you can now get the mermaid upgrades , the code , lcd's , I would be .

I would probably sum this all up like this.. Not a big deal..

There are at most a handful of non-mermaids even going to be built before the end of the year.
Haggis stated wrapping up Fathom this year, then a run of Celts, then the next title after.

At their current rate of machine building.. does not seem like there will be time to make very many of the Fathom non-mermaid pluses.. I assume some people would still opt for the Fathom non-mermaid non-plus classic still too..

3 weeks later
#6363 10 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

hello I send haggis an email a few days ago, but still haven't gotten a reply. Basically, the game starts but nothing happens all the lights light up all he targets hit down when you hit them with your finger. but the ball won't go into the shooter lane and the flippers won't flip.
All the coils works in test mode, and I tested the 48 VDC and it checks out so everything seems to be working. something is janky going on with the software I guess. when I tried to download the lastest fathom update it downloads as "Celts" so I didnt't want to install it. I'm at a loss as to what to do, it's pretty game. I checked all the Rj45 connectors, not sure what else to do. btw is there is supposed to be a 2032 battery in the fast board? mine doesn't have anything in it.
thanks

The fathom code on the download is indeed named 'celts'.. Guess they didnt get around to updating the installer to understand celts vs fathom file names yet..

2 weeks later
#6399 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

can someone tell me the conclusion to this weak plunger? Barely even touches the ball. I pulled the playfield as far towards me as possible, but still no go
thanks

Weak auto plunge or weak when manual plunged ?

The weak manual plunge is probably because the ball sits too far forward (reason for trying to move the playfield back some). I think someone also suggested pulling the rubber tip off the plunger, put a small nut inside the rubber, then put back on. That seems like it should help alot as well..

6 months later
#6715 3 months ago

… My game isn’t usable. You cannot play through a single game nor continue into another. The game loses power during gameplay, flippers die, ball drains..your done. Game will remain frozen indefinitely (days) until you power cycle and the cycle repeats. You literally cannot play though a game or into another game. It’s not usable. It’s not a pinball machine in its current form. Haggis knows this. There are more serious and concerning problems than this as well, but that isn’t valuable to the public conversation at this point. It’s a paperweight. But yes…It does turn on.

We had this issue when I had Fathom.. There is a way to get debug logs. And they are readable, if you open and can read code stack traces.

Very likely the issue is what we reported to Damian, that there can be an error of sorts over the usb cable that connects between the NUC and the FAST cpu board. The code does not handle corruption over USB, and code basically crashes, does not restart. We had purchased higher quality usb cables, and rerouted the cable away from electronics, and ensured the cable was seated very well on both ends. Our random crashes stopped.

If I recall correctly, just plugging in a USB fob will cause the game to write logs to it (or perhaps there was a menu option to tell the game to write to the usb). If you do this you should have either one large log, or one per the last several power cycles. If you want to try and do this, and send me a copy of the logs I can verify if this is the same issue we had..

''Edit''

From Damian in the past times...

"Would it be possible for you to take some logs from the game for me and send them through. If you place a blank USB in the cable inside the coin door while the game is in attract mode, It will save out the current logs (as soon as possible after you noticed a hang up would be great if possible)"

And for more fun, this was in the logs for every crash we had:

2023-05-19 07:13:08,625 : WARNING : FAST : Port /dev/ttyUSB3 was blocked for more than 1s. Reseting send queue! If this happens frequently report a bug!
2023-05-19 07:13:08,632 : ERROR : asyncio : Exception in callback Util.raise_exceptions(<Task finishe... start byte')> at /game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/utility_functions.py:759
handle: <Handle Util.raise_exceptions(<Task finishe... start byte')> at /game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/utility_functions.py:759>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/events.py", line 145, in run
self._callback(*self._args)
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/utility_functions.py", line 767, in raise_exceptions
future.result()
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/platforms/base_serial_communicator.py", line 182, in socket_reader
self._parse_msg(resp)
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/platforms/fast/fast_serial_communicator.py", line 407, in parse_msg
if msg.decode() not in self.ignored_messages:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xbf in position 0: invalid start byte
2023-05-19 07:13:08,637 : INFO : Machine : Shutting down...
2023-05-19 07:13:08,653 : WARNING : FAST : Port NET received more messages than were sent! Resetting!
2023-05-19 07:13:08,752 : ERROR : FAST : Stop called on serial connection /dev/ttyUSB1
2023-05-19 07:13:08,752 : ERROR : FAST : Stop called on serial connection /dev/ttyUSB3
2023-05-19 07:13:08,753 : ERROR : FAST : Stop called on serial connection /dev/ttyUSB0
2023-05-19 07:13:08,756 : ERROR : Machine : Runtime Exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/machine.py", line 797, in run_loop
raise self._exception['exception']
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/events.py", line 145, in run
self._callback(*self._args)
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/core/utility_functions.py", line 767, in raise_exceptions
future.result()
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/platforms/base_serial_communicator.py", line 182, in socket_reader
self._parse_msg(resp)
File "/game/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mpf/platforms/fast/fast_serial_communicator.py", line 407, in parse_msg
if msg.decode() not in self.ignored_messages:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xbf in position 0: invalid start byte

---

Either trash on the USB comms link, or some stall/timeout set too low for comms to happen, on fast or nuc side..

---

Reported this many times, even offered to help code a fix .. Maybe sending to FAST folks they could reach to Damian to suggest fixes in this area..

#6749 88 days ago

Is it the right time to chime in, that you can replace the flippers with the $10 ones from pinballlife or marco as well, and have a good experience ? Also of note, the diameter of the shafts on the haggis flippers are like .5 - 1 mm less than standard (the reason the cawls cant tighten all the way). And also whomever made the flippers for Haggis used glue that disintegrates after a year or so (at least for celts) almost all at the same time all three flippers failed and left a large area of white dust everywhere.. I would not blame Haggis for this, but expect them to change suppliers at some point, and also the cost to individually ship flippers to the US to replace faulty ones is immense, shipping charges and time to do export/import paperwork..

2 weeks later
#6949 71 days ago

But... Haggis playfield is a thinner plywood layer, with a thick polycarb top. Like 30% or so of the thickness is that polycarb.. Because of that I doubt the need for hardwood layers is as important.

#6954 71 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

And who uses this Ironwood for PF's? Oh right.... no one.
Lost in the weeds, and avoiding the real question......
Eye on the prize: debunk my contention that Haggis has an strategically unsustainable business and production model driven by their chosen manufacturing location.
You may not want it to be true, but it is.
Next.

I disagree that is the main factor.
What is the bill of materials.
Is a sheet of plywood that much more in AU as anywhere else.
It could possibly put an initial delay on orders, but once they got a stock of materials, is the cost of materials even significant versus the labor to assemble.

Their model was very clear:

Take deposits on games.
But also sell very many series tickets **
Use that initial money to seed their operation, and ramp to XX games produced a month.
By the time game 2 comes along, their cost of selling the games is now enough to cover operations.
They are doing reruns of games, so there is no large cost of artists, designers, etc..

If they fail I would contend, the inability to sell the series tickets, limited their ability to build out operations to produce games fast enough..

#6959 71 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, it's still important... the wood is the substrate, and what everything mounts oo as well.
Plus, we have local owners here where the plastic layer delaminated from the wood and they wouldn't lay flat together

Plastic layer delaminated ? The plastic layer is separate / floating.. If you want to get into problems with that, i mean tnuts would be kinda nice to hold the posts in place..

Regardless - the location of business I argue is not any real factor here.
The model itself is, and needing ## or even ### series ticket holders..

#6961 71 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

What a weird argument for moving your company and abandoning your own economy.
To correct another wild fallacy that's being sprouted, Australia is 18% desert.
You haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

.. But it is 18% desert ..

It is also 82% not desert. Australia is huge.. There being a desert there is a non-factor. Just means that there is a wide variety of habitat..

Whatever, USA is 10% desert, and an additional 15% arctic..

#6969 71 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'll repeat... "and they wouldn't lay flat together"

You also said de-laminated.. Which means there is a material with multiple layers, glued together, and one of the layers glue gave way and peeled / separated.. Sort of suggesting de-lamination caused separation, as opposed to warping of one of the layers. Or if you meant the top poly was wearing, like iif a shiney layer delaminated..

In any case are there reports of this anywhere, ive not seen that on these threads at all.. Im not even sure one could even tell on this game, the poly is so thick, if there were some warping of the ply, its not going to affect gameplay, and only those looking intently from top are even going to be able to tell ...

Loose posts however, because of no T-Nuts - were a major annoyance for me..

#6974 71 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

This won't be the first time that I state for the record that I don't like this Haggis plastic top playfield design at all and I would have much preferred a traditional plywood playfield with clear coat. I would take the minimal dimples on a single level game any day given the option. The time, energy, materials and effort that went into this design were wasted IN MY OPINION.
Years ago I started making my own playfield protectors for old EMs out of poly-carbonate sheets. I didn't mind stripping an entire EM playfield, so I figured I would cover the whole playfield rather than cutting the protector around all the posts and assemblies and letting the protector float as the commercially available ones were. So I just punched holes anywhere a screw came through. I laid the protector flat and populated the playfield. Each post or item on the playfield applied a "point pressure" to hold the protector down. Boy did I get a surprise when I powered the game up and started playing. At first it was all great, but as the game heated up the protector rose up in the center of the playfield to the point where there was literally an inch of separation! The ball had to roll up and over a hill to cross the open portions of the playfield!!
Turns out there is this thing that I had forgotten about since college called coefficient of thermal expansion. Wood expands much slower than poly carbonate when heated! That is why the commercially available playfield protects always have been and always will be floating! That is also why the Hardtops are glued down completely (and I would recommend 100% LEDS in any game that has a Hardtop).

But that did not happen with the material Haggis used. Even with the electronics in the cabinet as opposed to the head. And it got really really warm inside of Fathom. Further they covered the thermal expansion issues somewhere I recall. Where they said the posts were not supposed to be too tight to allow for the expansion to happen. In any case I think they took that into account when choosing this, which maybe innovative or a gimmick.

There are other reasons I do not care for this, especially in a higher use/played environment.

And if I end up opting to take the centaur, I do wonder if a more standard full plywood playfield is still an option. On their original order pages (Celts and Fathom), there was a stated build time option for this, that may of disappeared or may not longer be offered public..

#7027 70 days ago

If Haggis posts another video, they should not predict what they think they are going to be able to do..

Rather concentrate on what you have done since last communication or recently..

Here is a shot of the games we have in a box ready to roll....
Here is the progress we made on Centaur..
We progressed games code and testing internally..
We fixed our website so now you can see your past orders, deposits, series tickets..

Do that for as long as it takes to be in good rhythm..
Posting things done, will eventually build trust in people, that you are still there and working..

Bold predictions will stoke interest only a couple times when they fail to be realized..

#7029 70 days ago
Quoted from georgia:

If haggis doesnt post another video very soon

Yeah I agree, needs to say something.. Probably good to not even try to excuse delivery misses, just say what you did are doing right now.. I mean I hope they are indeed doing something of course..

1 week later
#7232 63 days ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I initiate a 4 player game. Play all three balls across all four players. At game end, everything freezes. Meaning, scores have been completed but game won't accept new start game, and lights stayed in final sequence mainly off.

This sounds like the other game lockup issue. You can stick a formatted USB drive in the game. Next bootup after a bit it will copy logs to the drive. You should end up with many logfiles, one for each time the game started. Find the one timestamped about the last lockup, open the file, scroll to the end. There will be a stack trace at the end.. see if it makes any sense..

Also are you running latest code?

3 weeks later
#7545 39 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I've never said this before, but kudos to Kaneda for getting on Cary Hardy's case for promoting Haggis (about 20 minutes in, free podcast): https://www.patreon.com/posts/episode-926-on-100422709

Why would you say that before, that podcast was just dropped 3 hours ago.. So you basically immediately said it ??

1 month later
#7772 4 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

That sounds like an EOS gap needs adjusting,

[replied to wrong post]

#7773 4 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I do have one issue I can’t seem to find any info on. My upper right flipper only stays up about 1/2 the time. Checked the switch and reseated a couple connectors going to coil. But didn’t dive too deep into it yet. Basically when I hit the button, it just does quick flick, and instantly drops back down. I’ve even activated it from inside the cab and same thing while checking the leave switch, and cleaned it to be safe. Any ideas? Thanks.

Did you replace the flipper button leaf switch, to the low voltage kind ?

The switches in the game we received and others, had high voltage contacts, this and several other oddities with flippers were caused by this..

#7775 4 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

No, I just got it the other day.
I’m at work, do you have a link to which switches to use? Thanks.
Random thought, can I just build one using early SS Bally ones? I have a bunch of new ones from previous playfield swaps lol

.... from the other fathom thread ...

These are what I am ordering, main difference is these are made for low voltage systems, vs original bally needed high voltage leafs.

Low voltage dual stack flipper leaf - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1A-192
Low voltage flipper switch - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5048-01

If you are comfortable using a soldering iron, will take a minute to swap the connector from the Haggis supplied ones to these.

For reference this is the dual stack switch shipped with the game ( https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1010A-13 )

#7780 29 hours ago

Hey all, if anyone wants a deal / gamble on a Haggis Series Pass, I just put one up in the market place! If they do turn things around and you might want the new games, get the next four deposits for a huge discount..

Other - For Sale
“The next several Haggis remakes for a discount. The series pass covers the deposit on Centaur and the next 3 remakes that Haggis may do. Originally this was priced around $4000 - w...”
29 hours ago
Fairport, NY
2,000 (OBO)

#7783 24 hours ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's great as a social experiment. Those who want the games and think Haggis will make it can bet some money on the outcome.
At exactly half price, if you think there's a >50% chance it works out, it's a +EV bet. If you think there's <50% chance, it's a -EV bet. Simple math, simple proposition.

If one thinks they might squeeze out a few Centaurs and want one.. I'd probably accept even less than the deposit price on the Centaur..
I have emailed Haggis already on how to transfer to someone else.. Wonder if they will bother replying to this..

In any case, Ive put up quite a few games for sale with an attached forum thread. this is the first that actually got some posts..

#7797 4 hours ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Replaced switch with SW-1A-192, no difference.

It was night and day difference feel for me when i swapped these.

Are the contacts on the leafs different sizes Haggis orig to the new ones ?

Otherwise there might be something else also wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zukram.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=Zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.