IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (66 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2554 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I emailed Damian today. He responded.
I certainly wouldn’t share it on this thread.
Same old trolls. Not worth it.

Well,well,well lol.

Miss ya in the DR threads man!

#2572 2 years ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

I did ask Damain that exact question, but have not heard back yet. So thought I would inquire here if there is existing knowledge before I make my D/P decision
35- 50 / month would easily support a decent timeline. But if its 10-20 /mo then its clearly longer than we may be thinking
thanks!

I would not look at this as an opportunity. If the pin gets produced , certainly you will have a chance to pick on up.

#2624 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Are you privy to their actual financial status?? Speculation as per normal

Weve been able to see this story replay over and over if you have been on pinside long enough. I personally dont know enough about Haggis, but if precedent is any guide, I would not order until they have pins on the showroom.

#2660 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:I am considering buying a discounted pre-order spot. But can't pull the trigger until I get some info on when they are expected to ship. So I sent an email via their site and will wait for a response and post it here if I get one.
Anyone who says they don't mind losing $1000 is a fool (I don't have to qualify that and say it's "my opinion or speculation", do I?) Sure, I wouldn't "miss" $1000, but I sure as hell don't want to lose it and be labeled a sucker.
[quoted image]

Have you read this thread? If anybody knew anything, nobody would be fighting back and forth.

#2711 2 years ago

Season ticket holder? What does that entail?

#2775 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Wow d0n, I'm sorry to say it, buy you and flynn are being whiny little b*tches.
Oldskool getting to transfer his season ticket over to a single game purchase has f*ckall to do with you guys. The only reason you should care, is if you also have a season ticket and were denied your request to convert it. Otherwise, you're just complaining and stirring up trouble for the sake of it. Reminds me of the kid who tattles to the teacher about something another kid did that has absolutely nothing to do with them. Man up and get a life.

But the Homeland security say " See something, says something". Ugh, what to do! Not saying anything is fishy, but we are talking fishy pins.

CsriOSYVIAA_SqG (resized).jpgCsriOSYVIAA_SqG (resized).jpg

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:Same group of Pinsiders that haven’t spent a flipping dime on Haggis are “expressing their opinions”.
They take zero risk but love to cry out when their pressed, “ hey I have a right to talk about Haggis and protect other Pinsiders because it’s OUR hobby’.
It’s comical.
I actually don't mind it initially but after a while you realize these same people just like to argue about any topic and prove that you’re wrong and their right.
Ya know…..internet trolls.
They love the attention.
Here’s what will happen next, if Haggis doesn’t end up coming through and folds, that’s when these same Pinsiders will come to this same thread and say I told you so. They’ll even take many of of your old posts and repost to show how much they were right and show the Pinside world you were wrong.
As if, nobody understands the risk of investing in a start up company. Again……completely silly.
Every startup pinball company has asked people to put down deposits to gain some new working capital.
Without people putting down deposits on startup companies and not just in pinball, many of these companies would not exist today.
This model will NEVER change.
And I’m okay with it. But I’m very comfortable taking on risk. Some others are not. And that’s okay too but you don’t have to be so argumentative and beat a dead horse with the same talking point.
It’s just not nice. Pinball is terrific and lots of fun!! Go play for an hour and then come to this thread and make a comment. I promise you, your comments will be nicer and you’ll maybe make a few new friends.
Let’s go Haggis!

I didn't realize Haggis was stating they are a start up and could fail. Is this being relayed to potential buyers, or should they just know?

Good to see them being delivered for sure!

#3054 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Kaneda new patreon questioning invoices going out this early without any proof of real production.

Why does Special k think he needs proof?

#3104 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:It’s what the mini mob does. They aren’t happy unless they are crapping on somebody or something.
They obviously have some insecurity and self esteem issues or something

It's like Deja-vu, all over again with you. Honestly, if Ice is on a pin, be afraid

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

This seems confusing. I think games should be made from 1 - 250 and sold 1st come 1st served in that 1-250 order. The "game number" and "build number" being different is unnecessarily confusing. The build slot for game #86 should be #86.

That never happens, in any industry. You think #035 of some super exotic Ferrari is actual #035 off the line?

#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

No, that's bi polar.

Bi polar sells. Imagine quad polar!

#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Many wrong one right, or one wrong many right? Who knows? Who cares?
Same time, same station next week for the answer.

Just when we thought it was settled. Should be another .5 pages on "OG Topper, or not" gate

#3310 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

95% of pinside is a circular reference.

There's a circular joke in there somewhere!

1 week later
#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ok, let me apologize to everyone, including Kaneda for mentioning his name. I like him, I will defend him and I consider him a friend. But like with all of my friends, I speak my mind and we have disagreements. In fact, I think Kaneda and I share some personality traits and that's why he and I can irritate one another.
I appreciate all of his haters promoting his show with each mention, but I think its time to move along and get back on topic.
FYI. I'm also a proud friend with Flynnibus who is the natural enemy to Kaneda. LOL

K is a national treasure. Wish he were allowed back on pinside!

Quoted from jkashani:

Interesting listen to grown men in a heated discussion about a pinball that some have paid for, some have not as of yet but no one has seen other than a prototype. Getting a fix ie. some kind of tangible information that the pin is being produced is a simple common courtesy on behalf of the manufacturer, especially when production is delayed. Hope everyone is happy in the end.

We've seen this play out over and over. It rarely ends well and given the fact not even one pic can be posted says way too much.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just the first line of his post would indicate he is just here for shits and giggles.

Actually I meant to delete that as I was moderated for talking trash about special k. I didn't I didn't mean for that part to come to the post I didn't realize it was still in there LOL I do not like special k either.

And no I'm not bagging on Haggis specifically, but we have seen this play out over and over again so yeah I'm here to see how it goes. I'm not saying it's not going to happen but if history is any indication when there's no communication usually doesn't end well.

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Kids. What are ya gunna do?
Ten depthcharges and fight the bouncers. My mate used to like to beat up the bouncers and then the drummers. Never understood why, but he hated drummers.
AndBouncersPunkin

So you and your mates just go around beating people up? Did ya wait for the drummer to start packing up and alone before you jumped him?
Probably sounded like a better post in your head.

#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Just realizing this thread must be a guerilla marketing campaign for a future Happy Days pin because it has totally jumped the shark.

Not yet there's been no poems or pictures of dogs.

#3624 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:That happens a lot in the pinball industry/hobby.

Know why?

#3742 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Not thinking about Haggis right now because they don’t fit this category, but when a person has a ‘completed’ pinball designed, they usually decide to build it themselves, without any prior experience. So they start a factory and scale up a pinball company from ground zero. Then, if they are able to ship a few games, they exert effort to scale up further to be able to make 20 a month. That is a big stretch too. But all this effort to create and build a company from scratch, when they should have taken their complete design to someone else to make. Because after they have built their game, they should disband the company and close their doors. Does this sound like the right way to do things? Designing and building a disposable factory in order to sell a pinball machine and hopefully making money?
There are three companies to approach about contract manufacturing a pinball machine: American Pinball, CGC and P3. Certainly you could strike a deal with one to build it, without you having to create jack shit from scratch. If you can’t work a deal, then maybe your economics are bad. Alternatively you can try a non~arcade contract manufacturer, but then the designer must manage the outsourced process to completion. I said earlier the Haggis does not apply because their plan was to produce a five game series. So a factory will allow Haggis to roll from title to title and spread out early sunk costs. Also many tools and setup are common and needed for all titles. Also Haggis is building classic games with proven designs and then it is upgrading them further. Many great aspects to Haggis’ plans.
My hope from the start was Haggis would perfect their hammer tested playfields and would be cranking them out by now and starting to make playfields for other companies. Also they would have perfected building drop target banks, metal ramps and chrome plating. So why this need to start a pinball company, just to lose money? Starting a pinball machine company is dumber than becoming a farmer or opening a restaurant. You will work long hours, lose money and get into a mountain of debt.

Why this, now? I think the popcorn phase of this thread was 2 weeks ago when I caught wind. It's basically died down, although we are creeping back into beer territory. Let's just let the Haggis guys banter about while we wait to see what happens.

Or use that plan and start a pin co.

#3782 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I nominate this thread for lowest signal-to-noise ratio on Pinside.

Lol this threat has nothing on the deep root thread, nothing ever will, come to think of it.

#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

d0n if no one buys your spots, are you going to buy all those fathoms and have them shipped to you? Or do you think people will snap them up? Just curious.

Yea, I know he has like (4) preorders, but I still can't figure out if he wants this to succeed or not...

#3876 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

why would anyone with a preorder want haggis to fail? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard on pinside.

Reread your posting history also three people agree with me so there's that anyway I don't know why anyone would but you seem to be bagging on haggis and you have four pre-orders so what's the deal do you want them to fail or not? Seems like you want them to fail just so you could be right

#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So you actually got paid out already? 8900 profit flipping a spot has to be some sort of record. Especially getting one is still not a guarantee. Crazy

People are fools and suckers. Hope he/she gets their pin.

#4013 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

To me it’s all about the NEW CODE and the the new sounds/audio.
You’re getting a game with new strategy and game play which is huge.
This isn’t a CGC game.
Imagine a Monster Bash or MMR with new code, new set of rules and a new wizard mode that you could switch back and forth to the old version with the quality of a CGC game.
That’s what we’re getting by buying a Mermaid!!! Haggis is going to blow everyone away with this game. Just a matter of time…..

Always a matter of time...

#4024 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

no... it's back FS now.

Sale fell through. Listing back up. No ploy. Game #175 spot just sold for $5k to a pinsider on the west coast. Game #71 is the last one I have to sell. If it doesn't sell, I'll take possession of the game and sell the NIB game. Some (quiet) flippers in this thread (who also have more than 1 spot) will be listing their Mermaids for $22k-$25K on pinside. That's a much larger profit than my $8900 preorder. I can't wait to watch this thread blow up when that happens.

The wife must have found out and said "you're doing what?" "Yeah I'm buying a chance to buy a pinball machine for $8,900! Great deal isn't it!"

1 week later
#4233 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:I just randomly watched Thunderdome last night which I haven't seen in 20 years. And here you guys are talking about Mad Max this morning.. Life is a Trip

To be fair, Thunderdome isn't really Mad Max. We need a Mad Max/Road Warrior/Thunderroad pin . Talk about sales!!

#4270 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

And just how right some other people were :O

"Point to the area of the doll where Haggis touched you".

#4342 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Just got this into the game room the other day. Playfield, cabinet and backglass are all in great shape. Gonna shop it out with Titan silicone rubber and replace the color lightbulbs with soft white LED's all the way around. It will look fantastic when I'm done.
So why am I posting this here?
1. I will be placing my Mermaid Fathom next to it after it arrives.
2. I'm at peace with the Haggis delay and not interested in the panic babies.
3. I'm a shameless braggart.
[quoted image]

That looks fun as hell!!

#4344 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Edit. You know what, it’s not worth it.
Edit 2 may as well put it back in since it’s been quoted.
d0n for someone who’s trying to make a LOT of money by flipping fathoms you sure shit on Haggis a lot in this thread and on others that have hopes the game will ship soon.
I don’t understand why you have a preorder spot for sale at 4 times it’s value and then say the things you do? Wouldn’t you be better off pumping Haggis up?

I'll tell you why. Like some of the people in on deeproot, they hoped to get their pins, and then the company folds, making the pin "more valuable". Some twisted people out there.

#4346 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm 55. Very handsome too. Thank you. This is my buddy T-Pain.
[quoted image]

Even less respect now lol. On a boat is a good vid though.

#4394 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I consider pinside to be a large sampling of the pinball community and treat posts as such in every thread, not just this one. Sure having a deposit down on a game means you're into it for money, but I'm not sure how that somehow translates into being the only ones that can speak to the circumstances we are seeing with Haggis.
People put deposits down and were told the balance would be required when the machine was boxed and ready.. that is NOT happening. At what stage should anyone be concerned?

If you follow that deep root fiasco you'll find that there are people that believe there is no reason that is cause for concern. No missed deadline, no raising of prices, no lack of communication. Dr was still getting suckers at the very end.

Some of them ended up here, so yea... Not saying Haggis is Dr, but they have the same interested purchasers!

#4471 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Meh... if everyone was wrong... I'm sure Rick, or any other number of insiders would be happy to correct people. Yet, they haven't... so I'm willing to bet on this horse.

You are clearly a long term pinballer and on Pinside with plenty of knowledge, but damn man, you had to talk about Aussies with thumbs up their butts? I've seen the ride Dr, zidware, heighway, kulek, have taken, as you have. I don't think Haggis or it's potential buyers are in that space yet to be dumped on, cut em a little slack?

Some individual buyers should be questioned ha

#4472 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

Its not a dick swinging contest.....

Maybe it is, when it's your last hope.

#4485 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s an idiom - maybe you’ve not heard of it
Basically… sitting idly wasting time
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/standing+around+with+their+thumb+up+their+ass

So fathom buyers are sitting by wasting time? What would you suggest they do?

1 week later
#4667 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I don’t see how it could happen on Celts unless there was a design change from his to mine.

It's Fathomable.

3 weeks later
#4904 1 year ago

I was just curious what made haggis decide to remake Fathom? Is the game a personal favorite of his or what was the motivating factor behind this particular title? If anyone knows.

#4915 1 year ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yep i know ....
In the early days of 'Haggis' Damian was contacted by a custom pinball restorer here (a huge classic bally fan) about supplying their paintwork/artwork/printing/cabinets etc.
he taught a still "very new to pinball" Damian about these "old" bally machines, explained why he believed them to be the golden era and suggested there would be a market to remake these classics…
While working on Celts and developing fathom he setup a "bally" room with the machine options for the 5 series to show the rest of the haggis team so they could all be played and options compared
It will be interesting to see haggis future offerings now they're no longer working together and dont have the same experience backing them for the others in the series.
making pinball is hard.

Thanks for the insight.

3 weeks later
#5059 1 year ago

Yes.

#5060 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I like wearing my Vegan t-shirt while eating meat! I am a meat lover, but my brother likes to be Vegan.
As for Haggis congrats on getting games out. Might of been a little harsh during their non regular update period recently. They have proven me wrong!

Given $100,000, could you get at least one pin with Fathoms quality and playability out the door?

#5067 1 year ago
homer-weed (resized).pnghomer-weed (resized).png
1 week later
#5137 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

They do not want to respond or update here, or they would. Seems as simple as that, they might make or become another Dutch Pinball. Time will tell, & they are shipping games. If you are on insider group you likely know more than the rest of us guessing.

Seriously, the balls on this guy lol.

#5150 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For a second I thought you were talking about Timeshock .
Great game .

Thats pretty cool!

1 week later
#5193 1 year ago

I just found out i cant pay my distro with a CC for Halloween. Beyond dumb. "Wire funds" lol. I didnt know that was still a thing...

#5196 1 year ago

I guess I wasnt expecting it, but probably my fault for not reading the details. No worries...

#5208 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

That's BS. Spooky takes credit card for direct orders. Your distro is greedy

Well i wouldnt say that. I really dont know much about how much the fees are and honestly it never crossed my mind that they wouldnt take a cc. No biggie, they are a small business and every dollar counts nowadays.

#5245 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ace. I did talk to Damian when i got the machine and he said he'd have a think about my feedback, but it's not intuitive where the shots are. the inserts just have weird symbols instead of the mode name (i get that they are runes) but the lighting for the next shot isn't exactly AFM style flashing hit me. There's a few coloured lights on the playfield and you have to try and figure out what colour shot to go for. The callouts aren't much help either, they are rare.
It's probs just fine for anyone who knows the rules, but nearly impossible to figure out for a drunk, casual player.
Having it rely on the top scoop so much is hard too, it takes a tight combo to get that scoop, a tight orbit, hope it goes in the left inlane, then the exact shot off the top flipper to hit the scoop. Pretty difficult for average players.
It's a pity, such a beautiful game, with a fun layout, but at this stage, just not fun for a casual player.
I have high hopes though and it can all be improved with code.
Maybe a V2 code package Damain, with the standard code available for the purists?

Off topic, but I will tend to trust your reviews from here on out. I definitely wouldn't have called you a fan boy of haggis, but I know you are rooting for them(who isnt.) and that was an honest review it seems.

#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Respect for not gouging!

Disrespect for saying he lost money of UM. You mean he couldnt flip for a profit, same reason he is out on this.

Did someone hold a knife to your throat and make you sell?

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

healthy outlook ....
there will always be another game !

Its unhealthy to commit to pins, only to pull out when they didnt climb in cost right after release.

#5354 1 year ago
Quoted from etien:

Made my day… staring at my mail box full time now

Slight hijack, but I'm paid up on Halloween and checking my email way to often!

#5383 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Bogans for those wondering.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This post makes we want to move to Australia!

1 month later
#5628 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The thing about string theory is you gotta understand that there are actually eleven dimensions...

How much do you think shipping is to the 11th dimension?

#5634 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Free, it's already there.

That seems deeper than what I was expecting, with multiple upvotes, I better get caught up!

2 weeks later
#5689 1 year ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

So I just got my invoice and have a question. Is everyone really wiring this money to them? Seems fishy. I paid the deposit through PayPal (Damian’s account). Not sure why I can’t just do the same or pay by cc.

Dude, went through this with a Halloween distro. Planned on using a zero interest cc, bill came and wire only. I was like wtf, but it was in the paperwork and Everyone assured me it's pretty normal so I wired the money and it worked out just fine. Still would have rather paid 0% interest and take a chunk out of my account but whatever. Going overseas adds a little complication though I understand that.

1 week later
#5710 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree it’s just too bad that they want the money so far in advance. Especially when I see how quickly TNA is being made and shipped.

Not a slight, but Spookies lines have been humming with HWN and UM pins for almost 18 months. Its a decently well greased operation. Haggis is not there. Odd comparison really..

#5747 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:Yall are considering paying 15k AUD?
I don't want bond for 10k Usd or really any other game for that price.

Im in the US and I doubt I will ever buy another NIB. I consider Halloween at 10 gs a deal at this point.

#5766 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Has anybody got any intel about how many Fathoms have been shipped to date, and how many are currently being pushed out of the factory per week?
So we can start speculating about what Haggis' next pin will be, and when it's likely to be in production?

Lol.

2 weeks later
#5788 1 year ago

What are you calling? Haggis is ans Aus company, so makes sense to me that Aus customers would get theirs first.

Please dont be the "Impatient American" cause your American.

2 weeks later
#5869 1 year ago

Wow lol. $30,000 GLWTS!

#5875 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

NOTHING surprises me in this hobby. Most if not all games are overpriced, and super rare/hard to get games will always draw a premium. I am thinking that $20K for an in-hand Haggis Fathom is an easy sell in the US market. Just like any other game, having one on-hand is GOLD at this juncture.

Especially if people feel they're gonna go under(Haggis) and they have a super limited game.

#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Where and when do I send my full payment for my Centaur Platinum edition?

#Truth

1 week later
#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:So it's ok for Damien to lie about their timeline and request money? That seems much more entitled than asking for Haggis to deliver on their promises. I'm happy people are getting their machines but stand by my statement that people in this forum should be transparent and support their fellow consumers. The poster I down voted edited their machine serial number out. Why?

Because you seem a little more than just "curious", I wouldnt give you any info either.

#6046 1 year ago
Quoted from waynetrane:Another one got wet right before xmas.
Thanks to Haggis for these ultimate build quality.
Merry xmas !![quoted image]

That literally looks like your playing underwater...

#6050 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

That’s only in attract mode. As soon as you press start the clown puke goes away.

I didnt mean that as a bad thing, I bet it looks stunning all the way around.

#6089 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

My review is up if interested
Just LOVING this game ...
https://thepinballloft.com/
Fathomagical

Reading your review makes me want to buy this game lol!! Nice job on the review and nice job on the pin Haggis!!

1 month later
#6281 1 year ago

17604571 (resized).png17604571 (resized).png

Im here.

#6282 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry mate. I merely responded to the harassment YOU directed at me so move along. Weird
Do you recognize the guy named DoN?
Oh little man baby I just reported you too. You do your crybaby act in every thread. Lol

Truth. Crocodile Dundee mis-lead me about Australia.

#6288 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

have you waited 2 years and invested money with no guarantee of receiving a machine?
what do you expect to pay in the 11th hour with zero skin in the game?

Pinball, as an investment? Haggis sold this as an investment opportunity?

Doubful.

#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I've never considered pinball as an investment. Don't try to put words into my mouth. If you like to talk about investments pm me and we can chat. I wouldn't own a single machine if i was not financially secure.
With no risk on your part in ordering a machine from a boutique company', please clarify what you think is fair to pay ?

You said invested money in the machine.

Fair to pay is between buyer and seller.

2 weeks later
#6304 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

A lot of things can change in a year or two. Doesn't mean it was the intention.

He said it was his intention, he called it an investment. Now its for sale. Some things really are as they seem.

3 months later
#6419 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha I was just thinking that even though I'm not buying a Centaur, it was nice to actually get an email from Haggis today! Over the last year+ I sent them ten emails before finally getting a response. Even when I bought my Fathom deposit way back when, the only email I got was from Paypal. I never even got a receipt or any acknowledgement from Haggis that I've bought a freakin pinball machine from them. I assume I will get an email soon asking for payment in full since I am one of the last Fathoms...
The things we put up for these crazy machines!

That is sad.

#6439 9 months ago

Punkin, you downvoted John Cs comment about a lack of customer service. Do you have a better contact?

4 weeks later
#6487 8 months ago

#6488 8 months ago

Why? Do you really want to see a bunch of beautiful pinball machines built by a small manufacturer going down like that, do you? I sure hope not

3 weeks later
#6542 7 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

He may have been addressing pinball wiz, but it's childish all the same.
How can you live for decades and still think life is judged by how much money you have rather than the good you create in the world?

Money is definable, creating good is arguable, depending on your definition of good.

1 week later
#6547 7 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Money is a fictional, meaningless creation.
How can it be definable as a measure of success? It's an imaginary number.
If a pirate or a cartel member makes millions of dollars practising slavery then they are a success?

In their world, yes.

Also, dont you have money, or are you 100% on a barter basis? Money is not fiction, its real.

#6549 7 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have money, it's just numbers on a computer screen mostly. At best it's shiny rocks and pieces of paper.
My reality is different from yours and i am very grateful it is.

So, not on a barter basis. You use money. At least we cleared that up!

1 week later
#6561 7 months ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

After a great weekend at Pinfest I visited Melbourne for a few days. Yesterday I was lucky enough to pay a visit to Haggis & had a good look around the factory. I really like what I saw. Despite space being a premium the factory is well organized with good systems in place to keep parts & materials supplies flowing through without interruption & good stocks of these items. Despite the lack of space the factory was clean & tidy as best as it may be with this type of production. They appear to have all the good quality machinery they need for production & the staff I observed working seemed happy & content at the job they were doing. There is a considerable amount of Fathoms in production either completed or almost completed. A dozen or so machines destined for overseas, boxed & ready to go. There is no doubt in my mind that they are well on track to complete all the Fathoms by the end of the year as Damian has stated.

That would be a cool tour.

1 month later
#6587 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I can't do it, but Scotty will be doing some. he won't show me bugger all until i unwrap it but the bastard.
Just these sneak pics.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
He say's it's got sunset highlights, i say it's gold plated.
It's the sound system i'm most keen to see and hear. Sent him a pinwoofer bass speaker and he said he wanted to use much better quality.....

I dont know anything about Sunset Riders besides the pics you have posted, but it looks amazing and if yours is coming back better than how you sent out, gonna look great!

#6589 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Cheers mate, i thought there were seven in the world, But Geoff Frazer told me they only did 6.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sunset-riders-owners-club#post-7821494
It's the most beautiful pinball machine i've ever seen, but when they rethemed Eight Ball they made them beautiful on the outside only.
It had a ghetto ply and carpet box with a car stereo and speakers in the cab. It's now got a high end sound system and is detailed inside and out.
Eight Ball 2 rule set, new boards etc.
Can't fucking wait to see it, it's been just over a year.

Sad and funny that you are the only member of the owners thread. Really love the natural wood all over.

2 weeks later
#6597 5 months ago

Sorry, this is a bit off topic, but this young man from Australia, mid 20's has become a legend in the off-road race circles, specifically the Baja off road race crowd.

Long story short, he flew from Australia to San Diego. California bought a dirt bike rode it off road all the way to the start of the Baja 1000 in Mexico. Had to buy a new tire for the race and just finished 6 days later. This man is a legend because this is virtually unheard of no support crew, no spare parts, no nothing, just flew in bought a bike and ran the Baja 1000 which is an unforgiving race in the desert, 1000 miles gnarly shit and he just handled it. It sounds like he would have finished first in his class, but he missed a checkpoint and had to go back and finish ninth and twenty ninth overall, which is an amazing feat so well done Australia.

Back on topic. Hopefully they make a cool motorsports pin like No Fear again!

FB_IMG_1700342013731 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1700342013731 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1700342026820 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1700342026820 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231118_140713_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231118_140713_Facebook (resized).jpg
#6599 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

We have a few little events like that here too...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finke_Desert_Race

Yes im sure they are tough as hell too. Its insane to think someone would fly across the world, buy a bike and race something like this, or your events. Much applause!

3 weeks later
#6614 4 months ago
Quoted from bane:

Wow. Hard to believe that all these have not been manufactured and delivered yet. How long did it take from conception to execution to put a man on the moon? Maybe 3 years? Oh wait, COVID. Yeah, that’s it.

Did you really take the time out of your day, to login and post, this? You need another hobby.

4 weeks later
#6650 3 months ago

IMO, the Haggis situation is much like Dutch. You make an order and it takes time. Communication can be spotty, but rest assured, your boutique, beautiful hand built pin will be delivered and the buyer will be happy.

2 weeks later
#6701 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:Just from reading the owners thread - it seems his game isn't dead... he has problems with freezes and delays.

So a Zombie then. Undead.

#6769 86 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Self appointed sheriff.
Once you sell something, it's no longer yours to decide what happens to it.

True. You have done a great job diverting the convo away from the Haggis lack of comms.

Imagine of Haggis came in and dispelled some rumours. Just Imagine.

1 week later
#6804 76 days ago
Quoted from georgia:

1 year ago
What about now?

Are you one of the buyers? Pins are being shipped. Not on schedule I understand, but they are shipping.

#6810 74 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I paid in full over 3 months ago and they can't even give me an estimate of when my game will be made (much less shipped to the US).
On a related note, if anyone in the US or Australia wants to buy my (still to be made) Fathom Mermaid for what I paid, send me a note. I can either transfer it to you via Haggis or have it shipped to you when it arrives in the US.

You had all the facts you needed and still pulled the trigger. Im sure you will love the game.

#7009 70 days ago

You know how the Aussies can stop this back-and-forth? Let Haggis speak for themselves and leave it at that. Pretty soon these guys will start talking and arguing amongst themselves!

#7013 70 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I mean...at this point who cares what Damien says? Would an update be nice? Sure, I guess, but whats he going to say that we haven't already heard and hasn't worked out every time previously. We're working on stuff, theres delays we can't control, pinball is hard, sorry every single thing we've said wasn't true before but this time it really really really is, ect. Unless hes going to show us a factory with workers diligently putting machines together or something, pretty much anything he has to say can be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong.(I wont be putting any money fown on Haggis any time soon) I have no dog in this fight, but why these guys keep coming here and just being part of these arguments and defending Haggis, that are going nowhere and it doesn't really to make a whole lot of sense to me.

Carry on!

#7184 65 days ago

The minute they offered that exclusive software to the other buyers was the minute I knew Haggis was in deep trouble.

#7222 63 days ago

I do think it's pretty funny punkin be like I don't give a f*** what you say. Then, he reports you for personal abuse lol. Whatever that is.

Carry on!

#7225 63 days ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Reporting to the mods seems very un-Australian.

Not really. I think Crocodile Dundee is a lie!

#7233 63 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

It goes against everything to me, but the mods have made it very clear to me that i wiill be the one who gets punished in these exchanges unless i do exactly that.
If people are so fucking childish that they call others names because they are so poor at expressing themselves coherently then that is what we are expected to do.
If people do that to my face (they don't) the response will be different.
Fuck, there are people here with the mentality of 8 year old playground bullies who think misspelling someone's name on purpose makes them tough.

Im going to be honest here, my eyes always saw punkin as pumpkin. Until now. Post is edited.

#7234 63 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

So you think it's perfectly normal to call someone a scumbag in a hobby based conversation then?
Wouldn't like your chances here without your constitution to protect you from such behaviour.
Most countries would call that uncivilised.

Not normal nor cool, but I aint runnin to the mods. Too bad you all dont have such protection and can have someone arrested over non threatening words.

#7240 62 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Our protections run the other way. We are protected against words and recognise that words matter. I don't think it's too bad and would never swap, you probs feel the same.
Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.
Civilization is built on respect and cooperation.

Words hurt lol. Yes there is verbal abuse, but if i were to call someone an asshole if "I" felt they were uncivilized (who defines civilized), I wouldnt expect to be arrested. It sounds like this would be you move too? Is it legit to go to authorities if you are called a name in Aussie.

Back on topic.

Anyone get a Mermaid lately. Game does look great.

#7244 62 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It looks good, but it sounds better.....
The soundtrack is amazing. Kills TNA's music, and people go crazy for that one.

I know there are some local, but im not in the local club. Havent even played a TBL and Im in Phoenix!

1 week later
#7437 52 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Sorry folks but this company is DOA!!!

Unfortunately, weve seen this play out too many times. One company, Dutch Pinball, pulled through. The rest??

#7451 51 days ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

In terms of the "recapitalisation" description from Haggis, the below is what can be determined from public records of Haggis Pinball Pty Ltd (ACN 628 902 965):
* Damian Hartin is currently sole shareholder, no one else has equity in the company. I'm not posting the company structure screenshot as it shows his home address & I don't feel comfortable with that up here, as I don't want any risk to his safety.
* the personal properties security register (chattels protection) information shows that Haggis has quite a large number of trade creditors, with security over the company that are suppliers of parts. Each of these have what's called a "fixed and floating charge" of "all present and after acquired security" over the whole of the company. Essentially, if the debts aren't paid for supply of parts then they have the right to persue liquidation measures.
* the personal properties security register also shows that Haggis don't have a bank loan secured against the company as security. This doesn't mean that they don't have any loan/debts to a bank, it likely means thst any loans are very small, as a bank would not loan larger amounts without security (charge over company and mortgage registered on the lease).
* the company register shows that as of today at least, Haggis are still trading and are not in liquidation, or with an administrator appointed.
My interpretation of all this is that Haggis was funded mostly by cash, by Damian and without bank loans. For cashflow they have likely relied upon long prepayments, or paid-in-full wait times - essentially using customers/distros as an interest-free line of credit. For cashflow, they have also relied upon the security charges to pay parts suppliers. This business model can't last forever.
My interpretation (I could be wrong, it's only a guess) is that in order to fix things, or "recapitalise", it would require a big enough bank loan (which would involve deep enough assessment of their finances). Alternatively Damian could be intending to sell, all or part of his equity on the company to finance things (which would also invole scrutiny of his bookkeeping). Just a guess, based on public information, as I don't have the full picture

Well, its not a pretty picture to be sure. Would this be classified as a Ponzi scheme? Using prepaid $$$ to build someones elses machine? Not an accusation, simply a question.

#7471 49 days ago
Quoted from Mishap:

Thank you to some folks who are rationally assessing this. To anyone using the term "Ponzi Scheme," (sigh) there are two huge reasons why this is a complete mischaracterization of this scenario. A: High quality products have been made and delivered, B: they are not giving early investors an indication of returns to generate interest by a larger number on future investors who are being sold something nonexistent (Amico is way closer to this while still not technically being a Ponzi Scheme). Being behind on funding and production while still producing is not a Ponzi Scheme, full stop.
This is a company that, like many small companies, had based their outlook on the best possible scenario, had setbacks, and now appears out of their depth on how to proceed best. Clearly the most glaring issue is the paid in full customers who are still waiting, for which there is little excuse, particularly when later orders have been filled. Personally, I have a Fathom, and have put down a deposit on a Centaur, which I did so expecting delays (thinking maybe fall or winter production at the time I paid), so I'm a nice balance of satisfied and nervous.
The future of things getting better/closing shop is likely tied to how leveraged the company is. If the thought was to do everything with cash reserves and then cycle sales without taking on significant loans or debt, "recapitalize" is a perfectly acceptable verb, either through loans or equity sales, and provided lessons were learned, the company could be in decent shape after getting through Centaur production. If things are already at a high leverage point, it's a lot tougher since the money can't come from anywhere but customers or more dangerous short-term loans, and as we know, customer dollars are a tough sell at the moment.
I very much hope things work out. I also think this the the wrong company to schaudenfraude troll, but it's absolutely fair to be frustrated if you have the proverbial skin in the game.

Two points.
1. I mentioned ponzi scheme just a few posts back as a thought and not an accusation. It has not been any sort of theme in this thread. Was it made clear to new orders they were funding previous orders?

2. We've seen this before, "pinball is hard". If you dont have your shit together, dont try.

#7475 49 days ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I think this is the challenge of all startups that build something, not just pinball. It is exceedingly difficult early on to get scale and timing right, especially in bootstrap mode with no margin for error.
I don't think they have any responsibility to feed the pinside horde, but hopefully they are at least keeping good contact with those that have paid in full without machines yet in hand.

Have you not read this thread. Thats part of the problem, lack of communication from Haggis.

#7480 48 days ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Every time I contacted Haggis about my game after I paid and before it shipped I was responded to within 24 hours.

Welcome, you are the new pinside spokesman for Haggis. The others quit the job, so buckle up!

1 week later
#7511 41 days ago

I wouldn't be sending deposits to any of these companies. If history is any guide, words on a website dont mean a thing and terms can be modified by the manufacturer at any time.

#7515 40 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it is not well and truly dead, it's just well and truly stupid. I have no doubt people will continue to send these companies their money. "Hey I know it's a gamble, but..."
Don't forget people sent their money into Haggis in the IMMEDIATE wake of the spectacular collapse of Deep Root.

And 18 large on the rainbow bright Centaur.

#7551 39 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Like I've said over and over. I hope it works out for Haggis and I wish them well. Attached is what I recieved mid January though requesting full payment for Centaur. Claiming production was about to start in weeks and mine would have been one of the first games built. Obviously that was not factual and that money would have went to trying to get another fathom or 2 built. If a company needs capital they can go to a bank for a loan or find an investor. I'm a customer and I do not appreciate Haggis trying to use me as something else.
I don't see a path forward for them. The pinball market has softened and most people that sent a deposit will eat it rather then pay in full for the games at this point. You would lose more by getting the game then by just washing the deposit and moving on. You have a builder that nobody trusts now. This ship has sunk.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is what people should be considering offensive... but you know how cheeleaders are, we are the problem, for pointing out obvious problems. And that REALLY offends them.

#7575 37 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I am so tempted to buy some pre orders and lodge a default with the Courts and put Damien out of his misery.

A bit much, dont you think?

#7635 33 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Let me apologize on behalf of the bozo cheerleader crew who promised everything was flowers and roses with this company and their games since they obviously won't do it.

The guy got in twice. Not a lot of sympathy in my opinion although it sucks.

2 weeks later
#7688 16 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here’s some hope.
Dutch rose from the ashes to survive when nobody thought they would or could.
However, DP had the ability to create a great game in TBL. That bowling alley mech is amazing.

After all this time, I still have yet to even see a TBL. It will be sweet for sure!

#7713 15 days ago

I can't believe people paid in full for Centaur, that is just nuts.

#7724 14 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Not anymore, page taken down. Haggis is sunk, dead in the water

They still have Centaurs for sale.

Screenshot_20240408_192642_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240408_192642_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7728 14 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Bad Move Human.

Oh, I'm not buying one, nor would I advocate anyone putting a deposit on one, I just wanted to show that it didn't look like they were no longer being sold and pulled off the web.

2 weeks later
#7792 9 hours ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

That's quite the sales pitch.

And there might actually be some takers. I can think of a few people who would jump in, despite the risk.

#7796 2 hours ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Oh I don't doubt it, the fact people are willing to wait years for a pin, and actually be happy if it eventually ships amazes me. The industry has preconditioned people into thinking this kind of thing is ok. They don't see stuff like this as a desperate grab to stay afloat, they actually see it as an opportunity. They almost view pinball purchases as a charitable contribution. Some people have gotten so carried away with buying everything new that they allow themselves to be the Prey to these scams.
Non refundable deposits, with no time limit, or anything. Where they are literally allowed to lie to you and go back on their promises. Wow.

Oh I got one guy that comes to mind on that LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.