Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (61 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (61 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pmaino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Anyone know if it's possible to join Clan Haggis today, and be able to order a Mermaid Edition ahead of time? I assumed the Clan Haggis thing was only for people who bought a Celts. But in looking closer it seems like anyone can just buy in, just like the Spooky Fang club. But I don't necessarily wanna spend the $70 to join the Club, if it won't actually allow me to order sooner.
Cuz I think these are gonna be sold out very quick.

I just joined Clan Haggis this morning. As of 9am I was order number #93 for the clan membership....guessing this means they sold at least that many? Deposit down on a Mermaid edition. I was in the market for a restored fathom but this just made my decision easier.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yep, just put my deposit down as well. As soon as I paid for my Club membership, I got the option to put down a Mermaid Edition deposit. I guess I was overthinking it!
I wonder if any Mermaid Editions will even be left by the 28th?

I think they will mostly be gone by the 28th.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Just put a mermaid deposit down at 2pm EST. It said order number 129 if that means anything.

I was order number 107 at 12PM EST.

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Spot on. New shiny requires patience. I’m pulling for Haggis as they seem to be enthusiastic and ready to go, but stuff inevitably happens. Buyers need to temper expectations for game delivery based on unforeseen delays, but there seems to be a lot of goodwill all around.

Agreed. My expectations are that I **hope** to have my game by Christmas but understand it might slip into next year. Things happen but it seems like Haggis is trending in the right direction.

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I know things are crazy busy at Haggis right now, but has anyone who bought a ME and requested a number received confirmation that they are getting that number?

Yes I have received confirmation of a number I requested.

Purchased Haggis Clan: Order Number 93
Purchased ME: Order Number 107
Requested ME Edition # 33. Confirmed

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Man I hope that lighting effect on the walls come from the extra cab lighting on the mermaid. Looks awesome.

This was confirmed on Facebook that it will be part of the ME.

3 weeks later
#1032 2 years ago

Less than 30 ME left.

1 week later
#1185 2 years ago

#33 confirmed a few days ago.

5 months later
#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

They have shown a prototype, so that talk just isn't accurate.
That said, we're almost 6 months past when they were supposed to start building Fathom, and there has not been a single hint of what the new rules are. To me, there's no excuse for that. Face it, the main (only) reason to buy Mermaid was the new rules. Supply chain doesn't impact their ability to code. Not showing us anything about what we bought this far into things is not cool at all.

I believe Marty has stated a few times on multiple podcasts that he doesn't want to show the code off but have buyers experience it for the first time when they get it in their homes.

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

This is totally pointless unless they are going to ship every game at the same time. The first person to get theirs I’m sure is going to share with the rest of us. They will be the only ones to experience it this way. The rest will have spoilers everywhere.

I’m not saying I agree with this, I’m just simply stating the facts.

2 weeks later
#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I’m hoping the Fathom code is being worked on during the long lead up to production.
Damian needs to give us a realistic anticipated start date for Fathom in the next update. January? February? What’s the new plan? How many can be made per week?

Fathom code is complete according to Martin.

1 week later
#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if fathom code is complete, then haggis can publish the ruleset.

I agree it would be nice to see this.

2 weeks later
#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I got the email quoted but did not get the xmas package.

Same here.

4 weeks later
#2040 2 years ago

Anyone hear anything about production besides the email from Haggis? Would love to see an update from them since its now February.

1 month later
#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Broken record”. “Troll”
You have no skin in the game. Thus, nobody cares what you think and post incessantly. It’s not about whether you can or not.
Over and over again, spun in a word salad of nonsense.
Damien should communicate better. Got it.

Just reach out to Damion if you have skin in the game. I emailed him two days ago and he got back to me in less than 24 hours.

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Fathom video update and game play will be very soon. Very reliable source.. Good things come to those that wait.
Could even be this weekend.
Haggis for the win!

I’ve heard the same. Keep the faith people.

#2970 2 years ago

Looks fantastic. Can’t wait to get mine.

#2980 2 years ago

Did anyone else notice that the pops seemed a little weak? Curious if this was intentional or not. I’m guessing there will be a setting to adjust the strength.

Another question I have is will the game be updated via a USB? Hoping so as they uncover bugs and continue to update the machine.

#3044 2 years ago

Just got my invoice for my Mermaid. 8 weeks to make from payment.

#3047 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Awesome
Series Ticket Holder?
I’m considering joining the series ticket myself

I'm not a series ticket holder. Apparently those requests for payment were sent out already. Damian told me I was #3 on the order list for Mermaids.

#3056 2 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

Is anyone verifying the wire instructions before sending funds? I am looking to send but also wanting to be somewhat safe.

I am going to speak with their Finance Manager later tonight before I wire to confirm.

On a side note, I have a friend who is a series ticket holder and they were sent invoices a month ago. Based off of the timelines we have been give we should start seeing Fathoms in boxes for series holders in a month.

1 week later
#3330 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

We must be close to seeing a series ticket holder game by now.

Next week should be game testing for a bunch according to the rumors.

1 week later
#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:Have any fathoms shipped yet?

According to Damian, series ticket holders games should have been tested this week and hopefully put in boxes. Expecting to see some pictures/info next week.

1 week later
#3868 1 year ago

Damn those games look good!

Go Haggis!

2 weeks later
#4203 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:Welcome to page 85 of people chatting/bickering/cheerleading while waiting for their Fathoms to be made.

Come on everyone, Haggis is undermining themselves by not showing production and basically going radio silent for months (except for that recent staged video). They could stop all this speculation, negativity and buyers anxiety with a simple 5 minute walk-thru of the production area showing games being made.
Have any of the folks who were asked to pay in full 8+ weeks ago heard anything about their game?

I emailed Damian last week and asked if my 8 week time frame is tracking and he said things are looking good and it should be completed the week of May 20th. He did mention it could slip into the following week but would let me know.

#4249 1 year ago

Great to see the first game land. Any other signature series holders get notified that their game is ready to ship?

1 week later
#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Pinball is really hard to manufacture. Rick got Fathom #1 to approve many months ago. Now Fathom #2 is with the first guy in Australia. Other Fathoms were shown so you would think by the end of May Fathom #3 - #5 would be shipping. If things were really going ok, Fathom #6 - #10 would be on the way also. Then hopefully get 10 - 25 done per month this year.

Damian told me on Friday that more Fathoms have shipped out and mine should be going out the second week in June.

#4373 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

That's really interesting. I highly doubt he's putting one or two games in a container and shipping it to the United States. So then, where are these games shipping to and how are they being shipped? And why no dramatic videos of the games being boxed? Why no owners posting that their games are boxed and enroute to their homes?
Go Haggis!
Are you a season ticket holder and your game will be "going out" in 3 weeks? What does "going out" even mean? Going into a container with 40 other games and being sent to the USA?
I want to be wrong. I really do ...but you all feel it too.

My game is not going on a boat. I will be air freighting it. 7-10 days and I should have it. Will let you know once I confirm its ready to ship.

#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

a fairly recent Celts shipment to Florida via DHL took 10 days and cost $1,600.
Vermont is quite a bit farther so it might take longer and cost more?

They quoted me $1500 to Vermont.

1 week later
#4630 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

Mine is in customs and should be here early next week! Very excited to see these arriving here in the US!

Are you a series ticket holder or standard mermaid?

#4736 1 year ago

For those that have received their game. How is the 2.0 code? Has anyone streamed it yet?

#4765 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Any non season ticket holder know the status of their game or been asked for final payment?
My order number is 336 (I ordered late in the game).

I am the third mermaid after the series ticket holders are done. I have paid in full and expect to have my game done at the end of this month.

#4768 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And you were order 107, correct?
The next mystery to solve is how many they are making per week? 10? 25?

Correct. I was order 107. Have an email out to Damian this morning asking for an update.

#4783 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Correct. I was order 107. Have an email out to Damian this morning asking for an update.

Damian responded saying he should be done with series ticket holder games by end of the month.

#4807 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Reno will have a Mermaid Edition Next Thursday. Air freight tracking has been confirmed.

Series ticket holder?

#4820 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

How? Haggis never answers emails. I emailed them a few times before ordering my CE and nothing but crickets. Now I've emailed them a few times AFTER paying the deposit 45 days ago and still nothing. How hard is it to answer an email about shipping from a paying customer? Maybe make the website clear in the first place and you won't get questions? And no, nothing in my spam folder either.

That is very strange. I’ve emailed Damian multiple times and always get a response within a few days.

3 weeks later
#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I was told I was in the first batch and paid in March with an 8 week build time. I know two others in the exact same position as myself. If you’re being told you’re in the first batch and being asked for payment now then one of us was told a porky pie.

I am in the first batch of 5 after the last series ticket holders are done. Was told earlier this week that those last 5 should be done next week. After that, my game will be on the line. I also paid back in March and it has been well over 8 weeks.

I know I will get my game but would rather have been told 20 weeks if that was the real time frame.

#5029 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So far I'm actually enjoying the revisited a lot more then the classic. It still needs a little code work but is pretty dang fun. Definitely gives it a more modern feel.

Could you take some video? Would love to see it in action.

#5038 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Haggis did a video showing the new code.

Yea I obviously know this. Just looking for some more video.

#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m sorry to say I’m at 16 weeks and still waiting. Hopefully not too much longer for me now.

16 weeks as well. Hope to hear my game is on the line soon. According to Damian the series ticket holders should be done this week.

#5088 1 year ago
Quoted from CQQLKAT-LEE:

OK so it's only 250 dollar discount they've allocated. Unfortunately with the incredible amount they're looking to get these days for air shipping, I may have to ship it by sea rather than to pay almost 2k to get it by air. That's a crazy shipping cost curious how many people who are getting mermaids are going to chose to pay by Air shipping verses free by sea?

My game should be shipping in the next few weeks and I am going with air shipping.

#5119 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Haggis is essentially a year behind schedule at this point. How late can Haggis be before we're allowed to mention it or ask questions?

The first rule of being in the Haggis Club...

#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not my emails buddy. I don't need to ask them questions. But i'm sure they read yours.
Let them know about your experience, i'm positive they'd be interested (i'm not).

They have answered every email I have sent. Not always happy with the answer I get but there is always a response within a few days.

#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

My Fathom is on the plane on the way to Chitown!
Whoop!Whoop!
I’m excited.
Let’s go Haggis!

Congrats! Series ticket holder?

#5160 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ve been told the series ticket games are winding up this week and mine should be finished next week. Fingers crossed that happens.

I’ve been told the same thing as well. Hoping to hear mine is done next week too.

1 week later
#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Well I can tell you that there was supposedly 20 series tickets. Damien told me I was supposed to be the 5th mermaid after that ( I’ve seen a few people say they were in the first 5 so not sure it’s correct) and I don’t have a game 20 weeks after full payment. Anyone getting their final invoice with an 8 week build timeframe should know it’s not going to be anywhere near that just yet.

I’m the 3rd mermaid after the series tickets and Damian told my game just went on the line. I’m guessing yours should be there as well.

#5248 1 year ago

Just got word that my fathom ships next week. Not a series Mermaid game.

#5250 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Congrats!
Ships via air I'm assuming?

Yes going air. Paying for that today.

#5252 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Is there also a tax / duty to bring it to the USA?

No just the shipping cost.

#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

When did you send your last payment/wire?

I made my full payment on March 22nd 2022 and was told it would be around 8 weeks until completed. Obviously that was a bit off by around 13-14 weeks.

Hopefully they are speeding things up and wont be 22 weeks for others who have pre-ordered a Mermaid edition and paid in full. Exited to finally get my game. I'll let you know when it ships and when it lands here in the states.

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

What's the all-in cost for a FME air-freighted to the US?

I just paid $1700 for air-freight if that helps.

1 week later
#5360 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Just got notification. My game comes tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Congrats! I just got my tracking number this morning. Getting closer! ETA is Sept 7th.

#5442 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually that's what I want to know. Obviously the game is being produced and Haggis is real, but I want to see the playfield UP CLOSE. This game has a new playfield build process unlike any other current manufacturer and there still is not a remotely decent set of detailed, close-up pictures with the glass off that I am aware of. On the other hand we have a million pictures of the bottom of the playfield, inside of the cabinet and the cabinet itself. Oh well. If I am wrong, please provide a link.

Mine gets here on Wednesday. I will be happy to take some close up pictures once I have it set up.

#5537 1 year ago

Fathom Mermaid edition has finally landed in Vermont.

CD10B50A-7089-484C-88E3-019CEADF085A (resized).jpegCD10B50A-7089-484C-88E3-019CEADF085A (resized).jpeg
#5546 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The latest Slam Tilt podcast, Bruce stated they have one at the place and it's been a lot of problems. Fuses blowing and not able to troubleshoot easily without schematics or documentation. Anyone else having any issues at all?

No issues on mine but I have only had it for a day. Couple small bugs in the code but I know they are working on some of these issues right now.

#5551 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

We reported display issues as well, and have word that there is work being done to correct this, and should have a software patch coming soon. Both for the score/segment displays, and occasional in apron screen blanking/resets..

Yes I have had some occasional apron screen blanking resets. I’d also say the 2.0 code should add a bit more on what to do in each multi-ball. When you start a mermaid battle it doesn’t say what you have to hit and I believe it should light things up red to display this but it’s currently not in there. The health of the mermaids could be reduced some as well, maybe 25%.

#5553 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Folks with a Fathom, can you look to see how the wires to this coil are routed on the large bank of drop targets. Found where I think caused our first short, there was a small spot of insulation worn that somehow we did not see until last night. The wear was just near the lower coil in the picture, maybe where it was ziptied to the mech or possibly had a chance of getting caught by the mech movement itself. Unfortunately I had no other pictures of how it was ziptied or routed, but might be worth a look to see if you might have the same situation.. Our game got quite a few plays the first couple weeks it was on the floor..[quoted image]

Here are a few pictures of mine. Let me know if this helps.

4DC7623F-7146-4A34-9335-982B853EBF29 (resized).jpeg4DC7623F-7146-4A34-9335-982B853EBF29 (resized).jpegCA366890-4D51-4EB3-A354-5DB1D477698C (resized).jpegCA366890-4D51-4EB3-A354-5DB1D477698C (resized).jpegDDFE9D9B-6A78-4120-9468-C9DF3FA165A8 (resized).jpegDDFE9D9B-6A78-4120-9468-C9DF3FA165A8 (resized).jpeg
#5554 1 year ago

Took some pictures of the apron rules for 2.0 in case anyone was looking for it.

024C1A04-7D0D-4FF2-8997-37FDEF12D700 (resized).jpeg024C1A04-7D0D-4FF2-8997-37FDEF12D700 (resized).jpeg0CC4A7F7-CD9A-4FE0-858D-86ADAD97377D (resized).jpeg0CC4A7F7-CD9A-4FE0-858D-86ADAD97377D (resized).jpeg321B6003-8023-4DAA-8314-A032BF2E5B2F (resized).jpeg321B6003-8023-4DAA-8314-A032BF2E5B2F (resized).jpeg75A21A20-84F4-4677-A0EF-885A29992E67 (resized).jpeg75A21A20-84F4-4677-A0EF-885A29992E67 (resized).jpeg81320D87-7B41-423B-BDF4-4B786AF04A50 (resized).jpeg81320D87-7B41-423B-BDF4-4B786AF04A50 (resized).jpegA860BD91-9025-41A0-A624-E35EF1CEB937 (resized).jpegA860BD91-9025-41A0-A624-E35EF1CEB937 (resized).jpegD0260B4F-7774-4CA9-86EC-76E474F3F10B (resized).jpegD0260B4F-7774-4CA9-86EC-76E474F3F10B (resized).jpegDBC8A642-B4F5-4319-A171-217BFA05600E (resized).jpegDBC8A642-B4F5-4319-A171-217BFA05600E (resized).jpeg
#5558 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I hope they fix the code to make shot selection easier. It's the one thing i hate about my Celts.
I never know what i'm suppossed to be doing, therefore i never play it, and neither does anyone else here unless they have to in comp.
It's always greeted with groans and comments of i hate that fucking thing, and that's the entire reason.

Agreed. They need to use the inserts to show what to shoot for in certain modes.

1 week later
#5567 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Hate to burst everyone’s bubble but I’m on week 14 now since payment was rendered in full.

It took me around 22 so keep the faith. Hopefully it starts improving. The game is amazing so it’s worth the wait.

2 months later
#5868 1 year ago

Wow. If this sells for 30k I’d sell mine for 25k if anyone wants it

#5876 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

NOTHING surprises me in this hobby. Most if not all games are overpriced, and super rare/hard to get games will always draw a premium. I am thinking that $20K for an in-hand Haggis Fathom is an easy sell in the US market. Just like any other game, having one on-hand is GOLD at this juncture.

I have a Fathom Mermaid in my collection. If someone would pay me 20k I'd sell it. PM me if you have interest.

#5878 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I have a Fathom Mermaid in my collection. If someone would pay me 20k I'd sell it. PM me if you have interest.

Testing this theory out.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “For sale is my Fathom Mermaid Edition from Haggis Pinball. Received the game on 9.8.22 and has been in my basement ever since. Plays as it should, no issues. Limited run of 250 ...”
2022-12-14
South Burlington, VT
12,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 2547 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pmaino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=Pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.