IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’d find it very hard to drop AU$6k non-refundable on four titles that I have no idea of what they are, when they would be coming and price of each.

The reverse of that is… it’s quite easy to NOT drop the AU$6k.

There you go, you’re welcome. I’m a glass half full kinda guy.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

This game is not going to play/feel like an original Bally Fathom.

I’m going to start practicing my Tap passing right now!!

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Those order numbers your posting are you sure its tied just to this game? but might just be any sales via the site ie club membership or some one buying a t shirt might bump the number?
[quoted image]

It is NOT tied to the amount of games being sold or the pin # at all. It is tied to every sale they make on their website, as you were asking… which at this point is mostly just Haggis club memberships and Mermaid editions.

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I know things are crazy busy at Haggis right now, but has anyone who bought a ME and requested a number received confirmation that they are getting that number?

Just speculation… but buying the package of all 5 puts you to the front of the line for build order and delivery. It’s possible that it also puts you at the front of the line for number choice, in which case they’d wait til their 3 week order time period is up and start assigning numbers… with package purchasers getting assigned first. Also possible that they are waiting for previous Celts owners to have a chance to order (3 week order window). Again… just speculation.

UPDATE: WRONG ON ALL COUNTS. But sounded reasonable. Haha.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Damian also told me that games will be manufactured in the order they were placed.
Clan Fathom #68

I wonder if they’ll load them all in the same shipping container in the order they were placed also?

#538 2 years ago

So… Mermaid edition orders open for 3 weeks, right? Only making 250. Serious question… what if they don’t sell out and someone already asked for and received confirmation for #250. Will the game plaques say #250 of 175. Haha. Or will they make all 250 either way. In which case, the 3 weeks is meaningless other than to drive FOMO.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I was deployed with the Aussies, and they taught me the amazingness of Tim Tams. Also, the Tim Tam Slam...
Take a Tim Tam, bite a 1/4” portion from each end and use it as a straw in a glass of milk. It turns into a gooey, slushy mess. It’s awesome.
One of the many amazing things to come out of a great country.

I’ve never tried it with a Tim Tam, and I’m sure it’s better, but I was doing an American version of this with Keebler Deluxe Graham’s since the 70’s. Didn’t have a fancy name for it, but I definitely have to try it with a Tim Tam now.

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Makes me wonder if once more info is out or people get games. If they'll be hard to get ?
LTG : )

Makes me wonder if I should order one… I mean, if the 4 week window runs out (unless I read it wrong) they won’t sell them anymore? So if they only sell half, would it make it even more rare?

2 weeks later
#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

With one day left seems unlikely to sell out if that’s true. Shame because it deserves to. Maybe some 2.0 gameplay video would help? They should just make the 250 anyway and sell the balance at a premium once this thing ships.

I would suspect that as the numbers dwindle down to less than 30 if there is any left at the last hour, somebody like Planetary Pinball would step up and buy the remaining lot and just resale them. Haggis wouldn’t have lied that it’s the last day to buy from them, but technically they’d still be for sale (and wouldn’t last long after they start shipping I’d guess).

#1074 2 years ago

Curious how many are coming to Minnesota…

#1169 2 years ago

On recent podcasts, I’ve heard Ryan C, Martin Robbins, and other notable Australians joke about the history of Australia as a prison colony, so I suppose going on lockdown is just in your genes and doesn’t phase anyone.

1 month later
#1386 2 years ago

Awesome update!! Excited to get mine later this year hopefully.

1 week later
#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep, goes hand in hand with the T-shirt sizes.

Well, I guess it goes right along with our larger than average jock straps also!

7 months later
#2560 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You don't speak for me mate. I'm not 'owed' anything except an invoice for a balance and a pinball machine when it's ready.
What Is a Sense of Entitlement?
You owe me. The entitlement mentality is defined as a sense of deservingness or being owed a favor when little or nothing has been done to deserve special treatment. It’s the “you owe me” attitude.
Entitlement is a narcissistic personality trait. It’s not known exactly how this mentality develops. It may be due to social factors like:
The environment you grew up in
The way your parents treated you
Whether adults solved your problems for you
How you are treated by authority figures
The environment you’re raised in can affect how you see the world and what you expect from other people. It can even affect personal and professional relationships.
How Entitlement Mentality Affects Relationships and Mental Health
People with an entitlement mentality often see themselves as superior to others. It’s no surprise that this way of thinking affects interpersonal relationships.

@punkin, I don’t always agree with what you write. You can be controversial and brash and generally not nice sometimes (imho). But like you said above, nobody is owed niceness from you and nobody is owed anything from Haggis except a final product once ready. I read this thread daily and keep my mouth shut time and time again as the pitchfork nation rallies behind the call for more updates or else. Here a a few thoughts that run through my head (as a patient customer with an early deposit).

1. Putting a deposit down on anything that is not ready to ship immediately comes with risk. If someone wasn’t ready to take that risk, they probably should have thought about this before sending the deposit. I personally believe the risk is extremely low at this point that everyone won’t receive a pin, but I certainly can’t say it’s zero because until they’re built and shipped, anything could happen.

2. Some people are trying to tell Haggis what their next move should be (to provide an update). But imho, if Damien were to provide an update, the pitchfork nation would only tear it apart and find something else to complain about. They’ll do this because ultimately what they want is their pin. Thus, the only logical move (and sound business decision) is for Damien to make his next move be the actual shipping of pins… a lot of them. This is what I’d do if I were him, and it’s really the only move that will shut people up and satisfy the majority (or vocal minority, you pick).

3. This has taken longer than many of us had hoped, including me. Big deal… see #1. The world doesn’t operate on my personal timeline. I adjust and deal with it. Teaming up as a mob to somehow coerce the timeline to act differently likewise has no effect. Let’s all go play some pinball and be happy today that we’re not getting bombed out of our homes and land.

1 week later
#2810 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Actually there is a stronger desire to just see something. anything of value. Pics of boxes of parts would be nice. Pics of an assembly line. Pics of people working in factory. Pics of an office full of purchase orders and invoices. Maybe a few kangaroos. Entertain us but show us you know what you are doing and that you are making progress. That would relieve a lot of pressure.

Check out the deeproot auction pics and tell me if it would have relieved any pressure seeing lots of parts and machinery to manufacture games.

Or we could just look at the pics of delivered Celts still happening as we speak.

2 weeks later
#3311 2 years ago

How in the world did everyone in this thread, including me, miss that yesterday (March 29th) was International Mermaid Day??

Happy Belated IMD to all the Haggis staff and all my fellow pinsiders!!

3 weeks later
#3863 2 years ago

The signal to noise ratio of the thread should be much better now. Yay Haggis!!

7 months later
#5811 1 year ago

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR4G8gGK/

Hope the seas are calmer once haggis fills a shipping container.

7 months later
#6476 8 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

That’s good news. I am waiting for mine to be built and would like the container option.

Also waiting… paid in full for several months now, so at this point taking the container option seems to be the best bet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=Pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.