IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Just took a look at the majority of the Bally MPU AS-2518-35 games and sorted by average price from Pinside...
A couple of licensed titles at the top of that list... I'd consider Voltan an outlier, not too many people have had a chance to play that one, but you'd think their 5 released would be found in the top 10 of that list.
[quoted image]
Even with code re-writes on them... I'm hard pressed to think someone would want to spend their asking price on the Mermaid edition when the original version is a third of the price or less for most of these games.

You have to keep in mind that the average price is not for completely restored mint games.

#373 2 years ago

And dang you Haggis for doing this (but really, thanks!)

I’m in - order #238.

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

This is a giant gamble from a new and unknown entity. Had they included all the upgrades included in the Mermaid edition into just one model, I may've been interested at the $7400 pricepoint, but they're asking way too much for the new version of the game. As great as Fathom is, and as great as the new version could be, it isn't worth as much as a NIB Stern Premium.
If their price was a little lower and they resisted the tiered/LE model this company could absolutely be a contender with classic remakes. But enough of the peanut gallery is ponying up, so I guess this is the right price point for some.

I thought the price was a little high on the classic edition - but $9k for an LE with all mirrored trim & components, LCDs in the aprons and metallic decals is actually not horrible. It’s more effort than Stern puts in their LEs for the same price.

For the sake of comparison, I just added up all the money I have in my fully restored chrome Xenon and it is $8k without including the labor.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

In the club. Are we locked in at the conversion previously of 8900 or whatever it is or is it subject to change?
Assume it may change, that true?
Thanks

The price of $11,500AUD won’t change. The conversion rate between USD and AUD will certainly change between now and when you pay the balance.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

$8k?!! Damn. So glad I can do my own playfield touch up, clear coating, cabinet repair, stenciling, and painting. I restored my Gorgar and Stern Dracula myself and between the two I have about $3500 into it including what I paid for them. I had to pay for MPU repair on both since I don’t know enough on how to repair them.

Yea - it was an over the top, no expense spared type of restore. The cabinet prep/paint wasn’t overly expensive in the scheme of things. Th chrome everything was the most expensive part.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

THIS^^^^
Voltan would be an excellent choice for reproduction for several reasons:
1) Rare title & hard to find
2) Already has a killer lost David Christensen art package
3) It has a basic layout & has lame lame sounds/rules, but that could be VASTLY improved with new code.
Same goes for Spectrum. A unique killer-art package with tons of insert options that could be recoded into a whole new game. I'd bang out Centaur & EBD first though.

I hope Flash Gordon is next - especially if licenses could be figured out on how to include more movie quotes and/or music from the Queen soundtrack to go along with the new code.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Has anyone imported a new game to the US from Australia that could comment on taxes or tariffs? 9504.30.0020 has no tariff so I’m assuming there isn’t any tariff applied. Would sales tax be state dependent and claimed by the buyer on tax returns?
I feel kind dumb asking this since I’ve been exporting for 15+ years....

I didn’t pay any tariffs when I imported Alien from Australia but that was 2019.

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Someone early on mentioned they were order 100 or something like that, so if it is orders from the beginning of time for Haggis and a number of those orders were two orders, one for membership and one for the game, they could still have a ways to go to sell out... I'm holding out, hoping it sells out before I succumb to the hype

The membership was only required to buy early. I think most of the order numbers over 100 were just for the MEs. I would guess they are over 200 sold at this point.

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’d doubt anyone joined the club after sales became open to the public, so likely a little higher than that.

I’m guessing 40 left +/- 40.

Still haven’t gotten # confirmation from order #238 either by the way.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I think at this stage, Haggis can probably make quite a few of the titles from the 1981 time period and sell 250 special editions if the game has at least as many additional features as the Mermaid edition. However, because of the low market values of many of these games, they would probably struggle to sell classic editions. I think everyone agrees that Centaur will sell as well as Fathom. I think the same would hold true with many popular games from all era's. 250 is not a lot of games to sell worldwide. In fact, I'm wondering if this is going to inspire other boutique or new companies to try the same thing.

Have they said future titles will be limited to 250 special editions? I could see that number go up slightly as they get better at the process.

For me at least, whether I buy the next title is highly dependent on how well they pull off the 2.0 rules, sounds and animations. The 2.0 package is the only reason I pulled the trigger on the ME.

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:I'd get confirmation from them if this is correct.
LTG : )

The Pinball News article written on 4/26 stated:

“The Mermaid Edition will only be available to order for the next four weeks and will be limited to 250 machines.”

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you married the right wife, then the WAF is not a problem... but I can see your point, however, there may be a few hundred biker chicks who would love it, so there is always hope. From a players standpoint, Centaur is a killer ruleset from that period, and the people I know who can get it rocking and rolling have never walked away unsatisfied. Most times, it takes a real Centaur wizard to show you the ropes, then it all makes sense, and you find yourself wanting to play it even more. I find the reflex to push the credit button is high with Centaur, EBD, Xenon. After playing a Williams Flash, however, it became harder and harder to live with Bally flippers and my quarters started falling into williams machines, almost exclusively.

Agree - the right kind of wife won’t care!

B624CA44-E4AF-4945-8D13-AD6C999F5FDD (resized).jpegB624CA44-E4AF-4945-8D13-AD6C999F5FDD (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#947 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I love the idea. and i am in on a ME.
This week in pinball May 17, 2021
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-5-17-21-the-mandalorian-reveal-george-gomez-talks-dimples-and-alternative-materials-and-alien-streams/
"On dimpling and materials, and polycarbonate and the thickness of it and how that changes targets and gameplay:"
"George Gomez: You can make it work, those guys in Europe put the plastic on the playfields, which by the way I think is absolutely atrocious. We spend so much time trying to make a pinball machine feel the way it does and shoot the way it does. And then these guys come and add a sixteenth of an inch and everybody says “oh, it’s just a couple millimeters”…yeah I know, but the position of your drop target or your standup target or your ramp flap, whatever, relative to the – you didn’t move the target up, so the ball is hitting the target at a different place, at a different height…[and] on the plastic, the ball tends to slide as opposed to roll on certain shots. When it skips, forget about it…it is a wild ball. That is the issue with the polycarbonate solution."

He was talking about playfield protectors for sure. At the end, he mentioned the ball sliding as opposed to rolling on poly vs wood, but that's a weak argument. There are differences between dirty playfields vs clean, waxed vs non-waxed, mylared vs non-mylared, regular rubber vs silicone, dual wound flipper coils vs single, etc.

I expect the poly to have a slightly different feel - but I'm also expecting it to have a different look and durability too.

#951 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I played one game with a hardtop and vowed never to own a game with one.
He is utterly correct, the ball displayed some very odd behavior at times off the slings which I did not care for at all. It was very notable to me, I have not noticed this behavior on any of the pins I own with regular playfields, mylar protected playfields or clear coated playfields.
While I appreciate the product being available to the market, its not a product I would use personally so it isn't a weak argument at all.

I wasn’t referring to a playfield protector - I would agree that the height difference caused by a hardtop protector would cause negative effects.

I was saying the poly vs clearcoated wood physics argument is weak.

#971 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

and I can't imagine anyone having a *horrible* experience from playing it. lol

Ha - you and I have been in this hobby long enough to know there will always be a handful of people that will poop on it more than a routed Popeye. Just pop into any of the MM/MB/AFM remake threads.

As you said - Haggis isn’t trying to make an exact copy of Fathom - they are improving on the original in many ways. I know it will play slightly differently and I’m completely fine with that.

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I’m just jumping in here because I’m an Aussie too
Congrats to all buyers. Personally, I’m torn - and short of cash after LZ and GNR

You only need enough cash for the deposit at this point! Don’t forget the order cutoff is on Monday.

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'll be surprised if they remake Paragon as it's a Super Widebody. Certainly worthy though - great game!
Centaur and Flash Gordon are tops on my list. I might even consider replacing my excellent EBD with a remake that has additional code.

Flash Gordon would be out of this world if they could get the rights to the film and soundtrack. There are so many goofy modes they could make from that movie. Sam Jones or Timothy Dalton would be great choices for creating the new call outs.

2 weeks later
#1249 2 years ago

I’m sure you could have it shipped via air freight if you don’t mind paying the extra $$$. When I shipped Alien from Aus to US it was around $1000 (700 air freight, 150 insurance, 200 customs, 60 for warehouse).

But hard to justify since sea shipping to US is included in the price.

1 month later
#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I hope there are no other charges? I was under the impression that they were right around 8900 shipped to pps and then we pay shipping from there and that was it?

It’s 11500 AUD - so it could be anywhere from $6k to $13k based on the exchange rate (using approx high/low values from past 20 years)

1 month later
#1600 2 years ago

I’d love to see another update video from Damian. How many Celts are left? How many games per day are being made? When does he anticipate Fathom builds to start? Did he resolve his delivery door issues?

3 weeks later
#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Am I the only one that felt slightly less enthusiastic about where things are production wise with Fathom? I understand the need to get Celts out, I understand the shipping and parts and lockdown constraints… I was not aware that they had to reverse engineer components or custom build things like rollover switches for Fathom. It sounds like they are admittedly trying to figure everything out as they go.
I don’t think that once the last Celts leaves, the Fathoms will start flowing through the building as I had anticipated.
This last update made it sound a year away, not a couple months.
I have faith that they can do it but I now believe preorders were way premature.

I'd love to hear how many pins they are currently making per week and when they anticipate Fathom production to begin (for real).

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Folks, Melbourne, Australia - where Haggis is located- is still in the longest and strictest Covid lockdown that has happened anywhere on the planet. In about 3 weeks Melbourne will open up again and I would expect that can get a serious tilt on getting things moving then. Cut them a little slack, I think they have done a great job so far in incredibly difficult circumstances.

I never said they weren't doing a great job - nor was I critical in any way. I just asked how many pins they are currently making a week and what the new timeline is.

My assumption is that there is *some* work happening since I'm seeing Celt deliveries and Damian is making update videos from the factory.

1 week later
#1694 2 years ago

I’m enjoying these short manufacturing videos.

I’d love to see playfield inserts being made/inserted….metal being cut/bent/polished….backglass creation, etc.

2 weeks later
#1710 2 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else watch Nitro Pinball's "In Stock" count for Fathom? They have *2* games remaining to sell at which point Fathom ME will be truly sold out.

I guess the next major milestone will be when we see video from Haggis of the first Fathom ME being built. Soon I hope!

1 month later
#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Do I believe that Haggis will develop/produce/deliver Fathom? Likely. Will anyone see one in their home in 2022? No f'ing way.
Wasn't it mentioned somewhere on PinSide to never ever, not EVER pre-pay for a pin? Yea, I thought so.....

No one pre-paid for a Fathom, we just made small deposits.

I think we’ll see Fathoms in 2022. Honestly, that was when I expected to see them from the start - I knew June was too aggressive.

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Who knows maybe this enterprise will actually have the code done before shipping.

I’m hoping the Fathom code is being worked on during the long lead up to production.

Damian needs to give us a realistic anticipated start date for Fathom in the next update. January? February? What’s the new plan? How many can be made per week?

#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I got no money in on a Fathom. But I would suggest having the next update with staff working on games. Seems like history with Andrew Heighway, no employees! The latest video seems very staged. Covid has screwed manufacturing around the world. Still no real update or pictures shown of the parts required to start Fathom production. Just like Deeproot who went through multi millions of dollars & showed us very little.

Dude - don’t even compare Haggis to Deeproot. It’s not even remotely the same situation. Haggis is producing and selling games, albeit slower than we would like. Deeproot just stole money and made nothing.

1 month later
#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I didn't get my xmas package or the email saying that builds are finally happening. Humph!

Maybe they only sent emails to those who have the first builds?

I got the Christmas ornament but no email regarding final payment.

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Unfortunately nothing...including the number of Fathoms built.
When they're 7+ months late and they can't/won't show a major feature of why many bought the game, it doesn't instill confidence. They either don't have much to show, or aren't as proud of what they have as I'd hope.
Between the new rules, new audio, visual assets on the LCD screens, etc. there is a lot they *could* show, and a lot of unknown in regard to how well it's handled. To me, proper customer service would say "Sorry we took your money and made promises we didn't keep, but we're late due to circumstances out of our control. Take a look at the cool things we're doing with your game while you wait."
I've been a part of more pre-orders than I'd care to admit, so I'm NOT impatient. But the secrecy is weak - no way around it.

I’m not that worried about it - it’s going to be the most beautiful Fathom ever made. Fathom is a great game to begin with, so the “new” rules/sounds/displays are icing on the cake.

They made a fun game with Celts - no reason to believe the enhanced Fathom won’t be fun as well.

#2011 2 years ago

I just wish more weekly info was posted up on what is or not going on there. Hope for the best, did Andrew Heighway produce more Full Throttle pins compared to Celts?

What does it matter?

Haggis != Heighway != Deeproot

There’s no suspect behavior with Haggis in my opinion. All you have to do is read some news stories about how tight Australia has been locking down their citizens and couple that with all the supply/shipping issues and you should understand delays were inevitable.

Fathom production is now starting about 6 months after taking deposits. That’s better than JJP was doing for their first couple of games.

1 month later
#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Why haven’t we seen a completed working Fathom ? There has to be at least 1 game that works 50-60% ? Why not show us something ? No, I still haven’t received my Celts that was told would ship Jan-1. So I reached out and got a response from Damion that said 1- more week which means 2-23-2022 i should get an email for shipping payment. What about the new code for Fathom ? Developing code doesn’t require hard materials, you would think its completed ?

When did you order your Celts?

2 weeks later
#2589 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

JJP won't be there with Toy Story.

Legit info or just theory? If they don’t reveal TS, my bet is on a POTC re-run. GnR is caught up so something is coming at TPF!

As for Haggis, keep the faith brothers. Fathom is coming - and soon!

#2665 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Whilst I believe Haggis will deliver the games I think you have to ask yourself, why order now and have a deposit tied up?

Because once they start shipping, they will cost more than MSRP.

#2679 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Out of the 250 Mermaids how many of the real buyers or even in this thread?

I’m one of the real buyers and I’m confident that I’ll receive my game.

#2780 2 years ago

*yawn*

Obviously none of these impatient people had orders for WoZ or Hobbit. About 3 years each if I remember correctly - and worth the wait!

Fathoms are coming - my guess is about 2 more months before they start rolling out in force.

#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I thought they were supposedly done making Celts? how are they making fathom if they're still making celts?

Were they “done” or “caught up on orders”? My guess is that a new Celts order would get made immediately while they are still waiting on parts or ironing out processes for
Fathom.

#2797 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

All I hear when I'm reading this is "I wasn't around to see the exact same thing happen with like 5+ other pinball manufacturers who ended up not really delivering anything so I guess this is fine". Will this be a total loss like Skit-b, deeproot, zidware, ect? A partial loss like Heighway or Dutch who still I guess technically still slowly churn out games that people ordered several years ago and are skating by by the skin of their teeth, or will it be like Spooky, pretty much the only manufacturer that was able to pull this feat off so far? Time will tell, but I know this much: All these excuses, all the goodwill and wishful thinking even the "great direct communication!", it was all there for all these other companies too, and it didn't turn out good. Nobody should be shamed for being skeptical about this.

The problem with your comparison is that Skit-b, Deeproot and Zidware delivered NOTHING.

Haggis has delivered a pin at this point, so comparisons to Heighway (post Full Throttle), American (post Houdini), JJP (post WoZ), Dutch (post TBL), Spooky (post AMH), CGC (post MM) would be more accurate.

And you know what all the companies above have in common? Yep - you are right, they are still around today making pinballs (albeit Heighway is now PinballBros).

I have been around since 97 so I’ve seen all of the above happen in real time and I’m confident that Haggis will deliver Fathom.

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I specifically addressed the companies that put out "something". Putting out a handful of games like Haggis has barely qualifies as anything. Heighway put out a few games too. You're essentially putting your fingers in your ear and going LALALALALALAALA to miss my point. CGC and AP don't really count, they are pretty serious companies not boutique manufacturers IMO, not to mention decades of real world experience in pinball design and manufacturing with their staff.
Also worth noting: arguments like this have happened a million times over every time too. This is Deja Vu times a million.

Pinball brothers is lumped in with Heighway.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then - producing an actual working (and quite good) pinball machine like Celts, regardless of the production #s, is WAY, WAY, WAY different than Popadiuk's foam core designs and artwork. Saying that "barely qualifies as anything" is a bit of a reach to try and make a point.

Would you consider JJP to be a "pretty serious company"? Because my butt was way more puckered having paid in full for a Hobbit and waiting nearly 3 years than it is with a small deposit on a Fathom for one year.

Also, the "pretty serious" CGC has taken 3 years to produce CC. They have a deposit from me on a CCLE and I would wager it will be close to a year before I see it. Should I be nervous about getting my game from CGC when they don't post updates either?

We basically have 2 choices right now - relax and wait with confidence that Fathom will show up in the near future, or go all chicken little the sky is falling zomg it's the end of the world. I choose the former.

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Comparing CGC to any of these startups is disingenuous at best and probably more likely- just ignorant and dumb

No comparison was made other than a lack of updates from either company - it was a rhetorical question. But thanks for calling me ignorant and dumb. No one "deserves" a bad outcome for taking a chance on a new pinball startup.

And for the record - I do live in fantasy land.

#2828 2 years ago

All people want is some updates good or bad. Going totally silent for months is bad, compared to lots of info previously. When you start taking deposits you better get more info out, & have a PR spokesperson.

I think Damian gave updates initially but eventually regretted it and stopped doing them. Promising any timeline when you are dependent on parts, labor, lockdowns, etc is unwise.

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Hot take: at this point, yes they do.

Nah - people deserve bad outcomes for committing crimes or injustices - not for supporting new pinball companies. Damian is a good guy and I love his passion. I think he's in it for the right reasons unlike Mueller or Heighway, so I'll always be a supporter whether he succeeds or fails.

#2911 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You're right its not my $$ I just hate having the door open to scams

None of these startup companies are what I would qualify as "scams" - they all intended to become successful pinball companies. Even the ones that are successful today had periods where they *almost* didn't make it - Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc. It's a tough business, but all of us want to see the hobby continue to grow - and some of us are willing to do that with small deposits to help seed new startups. I wouldn't be comfortable paying in full up front for a game any more (Hobbit scared me away from doing that again) but I'm ok with the deposit model. Sure - it's a risk, but the bet is that you either lose that money or get a fantastic game that has long been sold out.

#3101 2 years ago

LOL - months of griping about not showing a gameplay or update video.

….then they show a gameplay/update video.

Now we get to endure months of griping about lack of production line pics and how 8 weeks is too soon to ask for the balance.

I was happy to see the game in its final form. Congrats to Haggis!

Relax guys - not all pinball startups fail.

2 weeks later
#3366 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The last 2 might still be hard to sell a ton of.

If they could get full rights to use movie clips + the Queen soundtrack and add new Sam Jones callouts, they could sell at least 3k Flash Gordon 2.0s. (Yea, big “if”)

They would need to have 2 or 3 successful titles done before attempting this feat though.

#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My excitable friend Kaneda is calling it red flags and I wholeheartedly disagree.

I’m sure I’d like Kaneda if I ever met him - I just choose to see the world differently.

Damien is a good dude and his passion will prevail. Fathoms are coming!

#3580 2 years ago

Chimay Blue brewed by monks in Belgium is the one beer I keep going back to. It truly is perfection in a glass (other than the $7/bottle price).

AE4F433F-CF09-4C5A-9B22-6B201BA63691 (resized).jpegAE4F433F-CF09-4C5A-9B22-6B201BA63691 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#3923 2 years ago

For the record - the Damonator never doubted. Great job Haggis! Those Fathoms are gorgeous!

1 week later
#4040 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think anyone is challenging their margins... except if you are questioning their low volume. But they are also low overhead. I think what the postulate is (at least what I threw out there) is that the OPPORTUNITY is there and changed dramatically since their initial launch plan. Does it make more sense to seize that opportunity and sell something different (with better margin.. yes) to capitalize on that opportunity.
I'm not questioning their margin - I'm just saying there is a lot of opportunity and maybe they would be better served to pivot and grab that opportunity.

This gets you into the classic pinball quagmire of scorned buyers... people who bought something with the assumption of 'exclusivity' - even if not explictly promised. The mindset is if you go back and undercut your previous buyers, you risk future buyer confidence. And yes, you would need the screens+apron plus other mechs (like the auto plunger) for Mermaid.

They can make adjustments as they see fit on the next title - but creating more Mermaid editions would be a poor decision. They stated a number of Mermaid editions that would be produced and they were available for a good 6 months through Nitro.

The smartest play would be to offer a Fathom 2.0 kit for $2k that allows you to add the dual apron monitors and enhanced code to a standard edition (but minus the mirrored trim, projector, cab art, speaker system, etc that are only Mermaid). This would be a reasonable compromise.

1 week later
#4158 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

No one thinks it's strange that Bill the driver wasn't allowed inside the facility when picking up Fathom... like he had been in the past when he picked up Celts for transport?

Correct. No one cares.

#4163 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

People who have a paid preorder care. People who have paid in full really care. Which camp are you in?

I have a paid preorder from day 1.

#4169 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Not jealous just surprised that you haven't heard any of this yet about Bill not being allowed in the facility? I didn't hear it directly from Bill himself but it does seem more likely than not to have happened. People don't just make that kind of story up and then go around saying it publicly on the internet.

So, a Kaneda snitch wasn't let into the factory and we should all panic?

Looks like it was a good decision to keep him out of the factory. Perhaps they had classic game #2 in progress and didn't want it leaked. Perhaps their insurance company told them no visitors. Perhaps Damian wasn't around and he won't allow visitors without him being there. I can think of many more...

Stern hasn't allowed visitors in their factory since Covid began.

#4214 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm merely pointing out how late they are, how they've gone silent and how transparency has changed so drastically since Celts.

But does it need to be pointed out?

I paid them a deposit for a game - not transparency, communication, factory tours, bathroom privileges or anything else.

We saw a gameplay video and it was cool. We saw a video where multiple Mermaids are being built and the first one went into a box. The process is taking longer than we had initially hoped but there's no reason to keep bringing it up when we all can see things are moving along.

1 week later
#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm a realist and too honest to do that.
Haggis could still come through but I honestly think we've all been duped. I'm calling it... Haggis T.O.D. 19:00 5/20/2022
I think the SH*T is slowly hitting the fan for haggis.
I already quoted you so your edit/deleted post is overridden. Sorry. [quoted image]

If you think Haggis is dead, sell me your spot(s) at cost.

Put up or shut up!

#4343 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

No one trusts him now.

Actually - I still trust him as I suspect many others do as well. Please feel free to quit speaking for the group as our non-elected representative.

If you were seriously worried, you would sell your remaining spots at cost. My guess is you are trying to spook others into selling their spots so you can buy them and flip for a profit. Pretty despicable tactic.

#4350 1 year ago

Yea - the first one went to Planetary Pinball.

#4374 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I would not buy another fathom spot right now even if it were offered at half price.

I would. Sell me yours at half price. You'd probably still come out ahead. Then you could be free of having to worry any longer and we would be free from having to read your posts. Win-win.

#4398 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Can anyone summarize the situation?? If I was to buy somebody’s spot, is there a worry about if the games will be built and shipped?

Honestly - everyone's answer is going to be theory and conjecture as Haggis doesn't communicate often.

The game is finished and is quite stunning, but we only know about 2 that have actually shipped at this point - the prototype to Planetary Pinball and the first production game to a lucky buyer in Australia (about 3 weeks ago).

My assumption is they are stuck waiting on components to come in before they can ship more games....but I tend to be an optimist. There are a few jackwads on this thread that spew Deeproot 2.0 vomit on a daily basis, but we just laugh and talk about beer and fun Australian culture to pass the time.

I would encourage you to join us - but don't pay more than the initial spot price.

#4461 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Post #4453 is missing from this thread so it must have been a doozy. And it looks like Don has deactivate his account.
[quoted image]

Christmas came early!

#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I don’t judge others by their clothes,cars, homes. Hell I drive a 23 year old Toyota Land Cruiser

Ha - I thought I was the only one! My primary ride is a 30 year old Land Cruiser. Great pin hauler (short trips).

78C6656C-715A-4DE6-8C7E-F48B72AFC9A9 (resized).jpeg78C6656C-715A-4DE6-8C7E-F48B72AFC9A9 (resized).jpeg

#4467 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Maybe crack a beer and giggle for a moment. Guarantee he will be back on Pinside long before Christmas.
But maybe not back in this thread. I didn't see what he posted.

Crown and coke, hot tub and TNA co-op with the wife here in about 10 minutes. No complaints here.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a new user in the thread named "d0ngle" within a few hours.

1 week later
#4606 1 year ago

It would be cool if that top layer was gorilla glass. Maybe someday.

Check this video where they slam it with 1.75" ice balls at 72mph. (44mm @ 115kph)

https://www.corning.com/gorillaglass/worldwide/en/videos/hail-damage-simulation.html

#4650 1 year ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Holy chit, someone finally put a wheel on there!?
[quoted image]

Capcom did it 30 years ago. Not sure how the Haggis system works, but the Capcom playfield when raised sits vertical in the middle of the cabinet allowing great access to the top and bottom.

1 week later
#4753 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

So have you guys just been asked for full payment?

And are you both series ticket holders?

#4760 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

They have Not reached out to me.
I was on board immediately when announced.
Approximately 2 to 3 days after announcement.
Ordered directly from Haggis.
Still not worried
Just letting everyone know.

You are likely towards the end of the run - check your order number and it should give you an approximate estimation (minus a few Celts and Club Haggis orders).

If I remember correctly, only Club Haggis members could order for the first 24 hours? I ordered after the Club Haggis order window and was order #238. My guess is that puts me in the middle of the run.

#4766 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I am the third mermaid after the series ticket holders are done. I have paid in full and expect to have my game done at the end of this month.

And you were order 107, correct?

The next mystery to solve is how many they are making per week? 10? 25?

1 week later
#4861 1 year ago

Lol - this thread is always going down weird rabbit holes - I love it!

New tangent:
I find 4 Oz of Crown Royal to 12 Oz CocaCola to be the perfect ratio (125/375ml for you Blokes/Sheilas down under).

#4868 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You need to drink better whiskey. It'll save you drinking the mixer.

I actually prefer Tequila to Whiskey and drink it neat. But only in the winter - summer is crown/coke and Hoegaarden/Leffe type beers.

#4877 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

It has arrived. Hopefully you guys get yours soon.
[quoted image]

Lol. Dang. I thought I was getting a full size game for $9k.

At least shipping will be cheaper than I expected.

2 weeks later
#5007 1 year ago

I'm actually glad it's not "Hartin" pinball - the narcissistic pinball company names are too common.

It would have been fun if it could have been something uniquely Australian: Ripper, Nuddy, PissUp or Accadacca.

1 month later
#5216 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

My email was from today and bounced.

I can't say what happened to Haggis, but my website/email host went down unexpectedly two weeks ago and it took a week for me to get everything shifted to a new host.

2 months later
#5644 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

How many weeks was it between final payment and that notice?

3 weeks later
#5752 1 year ago

I paid the balance on my game last week (Order 238). Now it's a race between CCLE and Mermaid. (Copious amounts of patience required for both!)

2 weeks later
#5772 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Do we know when Haggis will confirm their next game? Also how long does it take to get a game from Australia to the states. That would be a big hold up for me if I am waiting a year for a game.

No on the first question.

For Fathom, Haggis offered to ship the game to Nevada (Planetary Pinball) for free then the buyer pays for shipping from Nevada to final destination. The catch is you have to wait for Haggis to fill a container (40ish games) before they can be shipped (via boat).

Alternatively, Haggis offers a $250 credit towards Air Freight on Fathoms. Air Freight is very fast but costs $1500+.

#5782 1 year ago

I'm sure there are quite a few US orders that elected for the free shipping and are waiting on more games to be made in order to completely fill the container.

2 weeks later
#5877 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Especially if people feel they're gonna go under(Haggis) and they have a super limited game.

I don't think many people feel this way - it's just that there are a limited number here in the US so far.

#5888 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm still half expecting another "Limited" run of these just under a different name, like the "Siren Edition". A different colorway that gets the new code out to more people and makes them more money. Jersey Jack has done that with all of their different "Limited" runs of WOZ, Ruby Red, Emerald, Flying Monkey... why can't Haggis do the same?

Doubtful - having it exclusive to the Mermaid editions was part of the sales pitch to force people to upgrade. Not to mention I'm sure they are highly motivated to finish the Fathom run so they can move on to the next remake.

#5936 1 year ago

I'm order 238 on 4/27/21 and paid in full on 11/1/22. Guessing my game will be built Q1 2023.

#5945 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After seeing the possibilities of the 2.0 code I honestly wouldn't buy a machine without it. The other version feels gimped to me now. Especially after looking at the feature matrix and seeing it has all the same RGB lighting, but it's just set to emulate the original lamps. Feels like a waste to buy that, knowing that it's basically just a software difference.
Maybe it makes sense for their business model. Clearly they're not able to pump out games at a crazy rate. But if I could come back later and get the 2.0 game I'd consider it. Not buying from a flipper, that's for sure.

If only you still had your Alien for trade.

#5949 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, I dunno, anyone with a little common sense would way rather have the new Pinball Bros version vs that Heighway one I sold NIB. The build quality, cabinet design, the proper non-gimped LV art package, all superior with the new ones. You lose the playfield screen, but to be honest I never loved it in the first place.

The PF screen is the feature I miss the most. I also loved the lit side panels.

2 weeks later
#6134 1 year ago

After today, I'm even more excited to get my Fathom. Go Haggis!

#6140 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Just letting the tears flow.....
Pictures are pretty much in order from seeing him open the door with damage to the box, to unloading and verifying damage...then sending the thing away...
I've never had a worse freight experience, and this has nothing to do with the damage. If it would've came in perfect shape I'd feel the same. 5 days of "Out for delivery", 20 some phone calls, countless emails, escalated tickets through customer service...Not a single phone call returned from DHL. Then they call me today and tell me they can't deliver to a residence, they don't have a liftgate. How many people run a business or have a friend somewhere to navigate that problem? And then it arrives... Seriously...Never had an experience like this.
Spoke with Damien on the phone and he is hard at work to rectify my shitty situation.
What a disapointing day my Fathom friends..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like they pushed it with a fork. Did it go through? If it was just the one spot (bottom rear of game), I would have probably kept and repaired myself. How is Damian rectifying? Surely not sending back to Aus???

#6144 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

They are talking with DHL. No idea what will happen to the damaged game. It just happened an hour ago, but was happy enough to get a call from Damien within 10 minutes of me sending an email about what happened. They will get me squared away and keep me updated on what the plan is.
Believe me, I wanted it to be inconsequential enough to keep the game. It's not. It punctured the cab and went through the bottom of the game. I've waited long enough for this I don't want to have to repair and color match the cabinet. I don't want to repair anything. I want a complete, unblemished game. That was part of the reason for paying an to having it airfreighted to my home.

That sucks man - sorry that happened. I couldn't tell from the pics how bad it was.

1 week later
#6160 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I think I posted in the owners section instead of this one, but I got my notification that my Mermaid Edition is finally shipping! Can't wait!!
For those keeping tabs, my air freight shipping to Florida via DHL, due today was $1848 US dollars. That's with the adjustment for the sea shipping that was included. No doubt with the adjustments to the US dollar this game is costing me a little more than I expected... but I believe it will be well worth it!

Congrats! USD:AUD exchange rate has actually become more favorable to US buyers since announcement. It was about 1.3 at announcement and has been up to 1.6 - currently 1.44.

What is your order number?

2 weeks later
#6170 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

In then end isnt it just a 1980s older style game with some updated software.

You must be in the wrong forum. I think you meant to ask this question in the Bond60 forum.

I kid, I kid.

Basically, it's the prettiest pinball that's ever been made - with both original code and updated code (new rules, sounds, callouts, lcd video).

Here's you a video.

2 weeks later
#6203 1 year ago

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more Flash Gordon listings in the market lately?

I know everyone says EBD or Centaur is next, but I'm still rooting for FG!

1 week later
#6256 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I have now been paid in full for over 5 months without an update just to set expectations for those who are paying in full right now. I sent Damian an email today. Hope to get an update soon and will report back.

Please do report back if you hear something - I asked for an update last week and never heard back. I've been paid in full for 4 months.

3 weeks later
#6299 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

It’s more about the final balance date than the deposit date. Most people bought them in the first 2 weeks from release.

Correct - it's all about when you pay it off.

I'd guess the bulk of the orders were in the first 24 hours after release.

3 months later
#6372 10 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Not quite sure what either are doing technically but neither are the first to put plastic on top of artwork… Slugfest did it and I think there was an early 80’s Bally that did it too.

Elektra and Varkon - so, no - Mike didn't "invent" anything.

1 week later
#6387 10 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Does anyone have any idea how many they are making each month (now), or how close they are to completing the Mermaid editions?

About 1/day the last time I asked. Damian plans to announce the next title this summer, so I would assume Fathom would wrap up soon after.

7 months later
#7030 71 days ago

BTW - Haggis will be at TPF in about 4 weeks.

#7034 71 days ago

It simply means if you have questions for Damian, you can ask him in person at TPF.

#7116 68 days ago

I was afraid this could happen - there was pent up demand for Fathom - but not really any other titles.

I wanted to support them on game #2, but I just can't get excited about a $10k+ Centaur. Short of a Flash Gordon with Queen music (ie impossible), there aren't ANY other 80's games that I want a $10k+ remake of.

I truly hope Haggis finds a way forward.

#7128 68 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can somebody tell me what the F a "partner offering" is?
Is it the sacrificing of a spouse to try to appease the pinball gods?

Looking for angel money I assume

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=Damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.