432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 156.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I thought the price was a little high on the classic edition - but $9k for an LE with all mirrored trim & components, LCDs in the aprons and metallic decals is actually not horrible. It’s more effort than Stern puts in their LEs for the same price.
For the sake of comparison, I just added up all the money I have in my fully restored chrome Xenon and it is $8k without including the labor.

$8k?!! Damn. So glad I can do my own playfield touch up, clear coating, cabinet repair, stenciling, and painting. I restored my Gorgar and Stern Dracula myself and between the two I have about $3500 into it including what I paid for them. I had to pay for MPU repair on both since I don’t know enough on how to repair them.

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

In the club. Are we locked in at the conversion previously of 8900 or whatever it is or is it subject to change?
Assume it may change, that true?
Thanks

I'm going to guess the locked in price is the AUD price and things will fluctuate from there.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

In the club. Are we locked in at the conversion previously of 8900 or whatever it is or is it subject to change?
Assume it may change, that true?
Thanks

The price of $11,500AUD won’t change. The conversion rate between USD and AUD will certainly change between now and when you pay the balance.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

$8k?!! Damn. So glad I can do my own playfield touch up, clear coating, cabinet repair, stenciling, and painting. I restored my Gorgar and Stern Dracula myself and between the two I have about $3500 into it including what I paid for them. I had to pay for MPU repair on both since I don’t know enough on how to repair them.

Yea - it was an over the top, no expense spared type of restore. The cabinet prep/paint wasn’t overly expensive in the scheme of things. Th chrome everything was the most expensive part.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Vegas is only 5 and half hours away from me lol

Only 30 hours away from me...

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

This is a giant gamble from a new and unknown entity. Had they included all the upgrades included in the Mermaid edition into just one model, I may've been interested at the $7400 pricepoint, but they're asking way too much for the new version of the game.

Well see, you say that, but as of now they're almost gone already. So... it looks like they asked exactly the RIGHT price, sadly.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well see, you say that, but as of now they're almost gone already. So... it looks like they asked exactly the RIGHT price, sadly.

Have ya’ll seen the unboxing of celts on youtube uploaded a few days ago? The engineering and craftsmanship look damn impressive...at least on my TV anyhow.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Have ya’ll seen the unboxing of celts on youtube uploaded a few days ago? The engineering and craftsmanship look damn impressive...at least on my TV anyhow.

Great to hear! I'm excited

#409 2 years ago

If ya’ll want to take a look...i get it...different cab, different game...still looks neat!

#410 2 years ago

Looking forward to receiving my haggis-of-the-month club sausages.

#411 2 years ago

I chickened out... need to see how long it takes to ship those 250 b4 i jump on for centaur next year.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I chickened out... need to see how long it takes to ship those 250 b4 i jump on for centaur next year.

Me too. And I got my R&M build sheet on the same day. Made the decision easier.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Have we worked out if it’s a real backglass or plexi?

I'm curious about this as well. If it is plexi, I wonder if the repro mirrored backglass would fit.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Me too. And I got my R&M build sheet on the same day. Made the decision easier.

I got my invoice to pay in full for my Alien yesterday.

I really love R&M, great all the way around.

#415 2 years ago

Those order numbers your posting are you sure its tied just to this game? but might just be any sales via the site ie club membership or some one buying a t shirt might bump the number?

Reason I say is because i got same thing but just for the membership...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

sure its tied just to this game? but might just be any sales via the site ie club membership or some one buying a t shirt might bump the number?

68E71F0A-110E-4FDF-992D-F2FB70D962DA (resized).png68E71F0A-110E-4FDF-992D-F2FB70D962DA (resized).png
#417 2 years ago

Ya know I wonder if the Aussies rate some these older titles differently than say I would.
For Example: is Frontier considered way better than Centaur?
Or is a Bally Star Trek way better than a Centaur or Evel Knievel.
That could have an effect on the next 5 games.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Those order numbers your posting are you sure its tied just to this game? but might just be any sales via the site ie club membership or some one buying a t shirt might bump the number?
[quoted image]

It is NOT tied to the amount of games being sold or the pin # at all. It is tied to every sale they make on their website, as you were asking… which at this point is mostly just Haggis club memberships and Mermaid editions.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

If ya’ll want to take a look...i get it...different cab, different game...still looks neat!

Stuffing a cat in a plaid bag and torturing it is animal cruelty.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Stuffing a cat in a plaid bag and torturing it is animal cruelty.</blockquote

Stuffing a cat in a plaid bag and torturing it is animal cruelty.

I’m a Scot, but that was funny

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

and we have not even seen a picture or video of the Mermaid edition.

There’s a pic in the first post. There also the flyer.

#422 2 years ago

Us aussies have already done a shark theme. Heaps better than Jaws or Sharknado, it's sharks from outer space in the future even.

shark1 (resized).jpgshark1 (resized).jpg

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=shark&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#3339

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Edit oh and Voltan. That may be very likely. Super rare

THIS^^^^

Voltan would be an excellent choice for reproduction for several reasons:

1) Rare title & hard to find
2) Already has a killer lost David Christensen art package
3) It has a basic layout & has lame lame sounds/rules, but that could be VASTLY improved with new code.

Same goes for Spectrum. A unique killer-art package with tons of insert options that could be recoded into a whole new game. I'd bang out Centaur & EBD first though.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

THIS^^^^
Voltan would be an excellent choice for reproduction for several reasons:
1) Rare title & hard to find
2) Already has a killer lost David Christensen art package
3) It has a basic layout & has lame lame sounds/rules, but that could be VASTLY improved with new code.
Same goes for Spectrum. A unique killer-art package with tons of insert options that could be recoded into a whole new game. I'd bang out Centaur & EBD first though.

I hope Flash Gordon is next - especially if licenses could be figured out on how to include more movie quotes and/or music from the Queen soundtrack to go along with the new code.

#425 2 years ago

What if they rethemed Flash Gordon into something else? It's still an amazing butt kicking machine. It wouldn't have the same nostalgia factor, but I bet it's way cheaper to pay for a great artist to make a new package than to license Flash Gordon, Sam Jones, Queen music, etc...

I think they'll stick to the original themes and only have to deal with PP licensing.

Maybe if Damian carves out a good niche he could talk Stern into letting him build some classic Sterns. Stern is no doubt watching this and thinking what price point and how many units of a classic Quicksilver they could sell. I'd love it if they did Seawitch 2, ie The Beatles without the license. It's such a great improvement on Seawitch.

#426 2 years ago

I believe the list is from the Bally classic ( ERA ) so

maybe Pinbot 2.0 will make it?
CENTAUR 2.0 will be a must
EBD 2.0 would be cool
FIREPOWER 2.0 to keep the space nerds happy
SKATEBALL 2.0 Fantastic

I guess if CPR is involved it could be mind boggling the options

#427 2 years ago

I'm waiting for one of these companies doing remakes to do Theatre of Magic. I'm in on preorder for sure.

#428 2 years ago

I know that I am in the minority on this, but I'd love a Centaur with some different theme/artwork.

I absolutely love the Centaur playfield layout, but while the artwork is "interesting", it's not something that I want to see day-in and day-out.

If I had time and talent, I would do some sort of re-theme on one myself, but unfortunately, I have neither.

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What if they rethemed Flash Gordon into something else? It's still an amazing butt kicking machine. It wouldn't have the same nostalgia factor, but I bet it's way cheaper to pay for a great artist to make a new package than to license Flash Gordon, Sam Jones, Queen music, etc...
I think they'll stick to the original themes and only have to deal with PP licensing.
Maybe if Damian carves out a good niche he could talk Stern into letting him build some classic Sterns. Stern is no doubt watching this and thinking what price point and how many units of a classic Quicksilver they could sell. I'd love it if they did Seawitch 2, ie The Beatles without the license. It's such a great improvement on Seawitch.

I think it would be the opposite... if the market is proven stern can just decide to do some remakes themselves in the rotation. Let someone else set the high price point... then stern just moves on in... slight cheaper but still expensive enough to make it worth it.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think it would be the opposite... if the market is proven stern can just decide to do some remakes themselves in the rotation. Let someone else set the high price point... then stern just moves on in... slight cheaper but still expensive enough to make it worth it.

Stern could absolutely do it, it’s just how profitable is it vs running other games. Selling the license is just free money

The only low run games Stern does are the Whoa Nellie and Spiderman home variants. They’re getting a lot of mileage out of those CAD files and factory line toolings/templates.

I’m kinda curious how well a Spike node board translates to some of those SS games. I know they cut some corners (like slings firing together) to get it down to a single main playfield node board on the home game layout.

Edit I looked and not well. They’d have to use two. Not the end of the world, but a pretty big bump up in BOM. They couldn’t even be bothered to do it on Supreme and Heavy Metal, which went for premium dollar.

#431 2 years ago

Haggis chose Fathom, likely because it was their best idea and they felt they can sell the most of. With their announcement of 250 LE’s and maybe they expect to sell another 250 standard editions, so we see that 500 units is enough to allow them to make their snap.

With all the effort required to reengineer this game from the ground up and to program it using modern technology and new materials and tools, on top of reproducing one of the most beautiful games ever designed from 40 years ago and with all the bells and whistles offered is mind boggling. That makes 10 pinball manufacturers.

4 Primary Pinball Manufacturers -
Stern
Jersey Jack
Chicago Gaming Co
Spooky

4 Boutique Pinball Manufacturers -
American Pinball
Multimorphic
Homepin
Haggis Pinball

2 3rd World Pinball Manufacturers -
Dutch Pinball
Pinball Brothers

Deeproot Pinball (theoretical)

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That makes 10 pinball manufacturers.

Great times we are living in.

And we get to witness it.

Thank you to all the manufacturers ! You've brought pinball a long way from the doom and gloom of December 1999.

LTG : )

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

2 3rd World Pinball Manufacturers -
Dutch Pinball
Pinball Brothers

Ummm, Western Europe is not "third world".

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Exactly

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not physically, but the way they operate. Laws of business do not apply to these guys. In spite of the past success of Heighway Pinball, considering Pinball Brothers as a new unproven company.

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Maybe in a pinball manufacturing sense.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm waiting for one of these companies doing remakes to do Theatre of Magic. I'm in on preorder for sure.

Way way way better than that reject of a thing CC!! For certain!

Still I rekon, good for this lot;

Radical
Skateball
Escape from the Lost World

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Escape from the Lost World

Lol!

Who’s gonna pay $9,000 USD for Escape from the Lost World!

Or Skateball. Or Viking. Or Voltan. Or Frontier. Or Evel Knievel.

Some crazy talk going on in this thread.

rd

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There’s a pic in the first post. There also the flyer.

Does it show the apron LCDs?

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

In for Mermaid edition!

Congrats. What is your game invoice number?

**It doesn't mean anything solid but I'm curious to track anyway. Lowest game order number I've seen so far in this thread is 107.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Congrats. What is your game invoice number?
**It doesn't mean anything solid but I'm curious to track anyway. Lowest game order number I've seen so far in this thread is 107.

I’m #105

#443 2 years ago

Maybe they really did start counting at 100, so if your number is 175, that means it is only game 75. Not too bad a wait. Once you get past Fathom 2.0, all other games mentioned have decent rule sets, and we’d only need a version 1.0 of those. Can’t think of one other 80’s title that could sell for $7.5k US. Well we shall see how they do on Fathom and go from there.

PS - I’d like them to make Black Hole and would buy the LE, if they could figure out how to make them and could get those rules up to 2.0.

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m in! #14 babay. Let’s hope the topper doesn’t disappoint

Hey Zack. Can you explain this? No one has an invoice number below 100 and none of us have gotten our game numbers yet.
Whats up?

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hey Zack. Can you explain this? No one has an invoice number below 100 and none of us have gotten our game numbers yet.
Whats up?

Right. I asked him the same thing. Maybe an inside type deal. Since he's a distro and media, ect. Maybe not. He might just have a direct line to Damien/Haggis and be able to chat directly and find out his slot.

But I'm just speculating

#446 2 years ago

Just a guess, Haggis contacted distributors first, and 100 or so are locked up by distributors.?

#447 2 years ago

The order numbers are on everything bought from the store. My clan membership #98 and Game order #168.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

The order numbers are on everything bought from the store. My clan membership #98 and Game order #168.

That’s good because I just about shit when I just saw I was #255. I was ready to bust out the sad trombone.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Whats up?

He probably just pick the number 14 for his game number choice. Has nothing to do with order made.I asked for a number also but nothing confirming it's the number I will get on my game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/9?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.