homer-weed (resized).png
200w.gif
D9CE2EDC-EBE4-4EFD-8D71-F9DAD95F16DC.jpeg
E98B1142-F04F-4BAE-A525-52CAFAC5AA94.jpeg
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
sr2 (resized).jpg
20220711_203509 (resized).jpg

There are 5,185 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 104.
#4901 46 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Back on topic: That's a sweet looking game.
(yep, I said it.)

Ha! you are trying to keep this shamozle of a thread on topic?

Post in the Haggis Fathom owners thread, it's all on topic.

#4902 46 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Say no more.
rd[quoted image]

"Thanks to the magic of television, here's one we prepared earlier!"

#4903 46 days ago
Quoted from PinballShoppe:

"Thanks to the magic of television, here's one we prepared earlier!"

Nah, I was literally standing next to them when I read the post.

rd

#4904 44 days ago

I was just curious what made haggis decide to remake Fathom? Is the game a personal favorite of his or what was the motivating factor behind this particular title? If anyone knows.

#4905 44 days ago

This game is beautiful. I'm glad you folks are starting to get your games.

#4906 44 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

This game is beautiful. I'm glad you folks are starting to get your games.

Are you trying to stop the buzz kill of Haggis going out of business??

#4907 44 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was just curious what made haggis decide to remake Fathom? Is the game a personal favorite of his or what was the motivating factor behind this particular title? If anyone knows.

The classic Bally (and Stern) was a really great era of pinball machines that lots of collectors really love. Of those, Fathom is possibly the most desirable and the prices of originals are going through the roof. Aside from that its been mentioned that not a lot of Fathoms ever made it down to Australia.

#4908 44 days ago

I’m curious if AU will be getting more than usual. I’d always reckoned that US got ~50% of most pinball games and rest of the world got the other 50% (+/- a bit). But with this being an Australian company I was thinking less would make it to the US

#4909 44 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah where’s the usual suspects that crap on this thread.

#4910 44 days ago

Careful what you wish for.

#4911 44 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

yep i know ....

In the early days of 'Haggis' Damian was contacted by a custom pinball restorer here (a huge classic bally fan) about supplying their paintwork/artwork/printing/cabinets etc.

he taught a still "very new to pinball" Damian about these "old" bally machines, explained why he believed them to be the golden era and suggested there would be a market to remake these classics…

While working on Celts and developing fathom he setup a "bally" room with the machine options for the 5 series to show the rest of the haggis team so they could all be played and options compared

It will be interesting to see haggis future offerings now they're no longer working together and dont have the same experience backing them for the others in the series.

making pinball is hard.

#4912 44 days ago

Yeppers, next one will be harder without him. They'll get there though.

#4913 44 days ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yep i know ....
In the early days of 'Haggis' Damian was contacted by a custom pinball restorer here (a huge classic bally fan) about supplying their paintwork/artwork/printing/cabinets etc.
he taught a still "very new to pinball" Damian about these "old" bally machines, explained why he believed them to be the golden era and suggested there would be a market to remake these classics…
While working on Celts and developing fathom he setup a "bally" room with the machine options for the 5 series to show the rest of the haggis team so they could all be played and options compared
It will be interesting to see haggis future offerings now they're no longer working together and dont have the same experience backing them for the others in the series.
making pinball is hard.

Interesting. What caused them to part ways?

#4914 44 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

The classic Bally (and Stern) was a really great era of pinball machines that lots of collectors really love. Of those, Fathom is possibly the most desirable and the prices of originals are going through the roof.

I had a very nice Bally Fathom that was bolted to my floor for several years. It held its own in a game room of high end collectable games including NIB Big Bang Bar, HEP restored games and one of the original 40, Big Lebowski's.
My much older Fathom handily punched above it's weight class.

I was getting ready to ship my Fathom to Christopher Hutchins of HEP for a complete restoration when I found out about the Haggis remake.
I had no need to advertise selling as I had local friends waiting to buy my Fathom and for top dollar.

Fathom is not a game for everyone, especially newbies that only want toys. But for myself and many other people, its a beauty with re-playable magic.

#4915 44 days ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yep i know ....
making pinball is hard.

Thanks for the insight.

#4916 43 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I had a very nice Bally Fathom that was bolted to my floor for several years. It held its own in a game room of high end collectable games including NIB Big Bang Bar, HEP restored games and one of the original 40, Big Lebowski's.
I was getting ready to ship my Fathom to Christopher Hutchins of HEP for a complete restoration when I found out about the Haggis remake.
I had no need to advertise selling as I had local friends waiting to buy my Fathom and for top dollar.
Fathom is not a game for everyone, especially newbies that only want toys. But for myself and many other people, its a beauty with re-playable magic.

Agreed. Fathom is a special game.
A few of my friends that are purists don’t understand why I would buy a remake of an original game that is already considered perfection when it was originally released. But I feel Damian has put something special together with the new Fathom and additional code that I can’t wait to try out.

#4917 43 days ago

Remember to protect your precious inlane plastics, those things shatter easily.
-mof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club/page/3#post-2305895

#4918 43 days ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Pressure. On all the staff. What else?

#4919 43 days ago
Quoted from mof:

Remember to protect your precious inlane plastics, those things shatter easily.
-mof
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club/page/3#post-2305895

Oh I wonder if they've reproduced those little metal "bell" standoffs Fathom uses for those, those always used to be unobtainium. It's been a while since I've restored an 80's Bally, so maybe they are reproduced, but that'd be cool to have a source for those.

#4920 43 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Coincidence that the first reproduction playfield was Fathom?

Fantastic!

#4921 42 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've yet to hear of a bolted to the floor game that didn't get sold. Everyone should really stop going to the trouble of doing that.

#4922 42 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've yet to hear of a bolted to the floor game that didn't get sold. Everyone should really stop going to the trouble of doing that.

Completely agree. Its just an expression and has been the kiss of death for me saying it in the past.

Good reply my friend. (and funny)

#4923 42 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Completely agree. Its just an expression and has been the kiss of death for me saying it in the past.

It truly is the kiss of death. I have a couple of friends that say that a lot and which ever game it is always is gone with in a year.

#4924 42 days ago

Looks like my Fathom will arrive next Thursday. Haggis is slowly but surely getting them out the door.

#4925 42 days ago

After playing the Fathom mermaid for the about a week.
Pros: It's beautiful. The playfield is indestructible. The flippers have the classic Bally feel to them. Classic mode is great. Revisited is equally great.
Cons: Some random error code pops up on the display. Does not affect game play. I am sure future code updates will fix this.

Overall I am extremely pleased with the quality of the build and the game play. Having both sets of code is almost like owning two machines. They are that different. This machine will be bolted to the floor.

#4926 42 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Looks like my Fathom will arrive next Thursday. Haggis is slowly but surely getting them out the door.

lucky you, dont forget me Haggis !

#4927 42 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Who did you order from and how long ago did you remit payment in full?

#4928 41 days ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Who did you order from and how long ago did you remit payment in full?

Through Haggis, when payment was requested

Quoted from Jecco74:

Pros: It's beautiful. The playfield is indestructible. The flippers have the classic Bally feel to them. Classic mode is great. Revisited is equally great.
Cons: Some random error code pops up on the display. Does not affect game play. I am sure future code updates will fix this.
Overall I am extremely pleased with the quality of the build and the game play. Having both sets of code is almost like owning two machines. They are that different. This machine will be bolted to the floor.

Congrats on your game and thanks for the feedback. That game is already sold though, you just don't know it yet. The bolted to the floor kiss of death.

#4929 41 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wasn't sure about them, but always wanted the to succeed. I would love to play one of these one day for sure, and Celts.

#4930 41 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Any plans to do a HD/4K video of the machine and gameplay?

#4931 41 days ago

Seems like there is more than a few machines out there now, super keen to see any more pictures or a gameplay video!

99AD4EF9-9A8B-487C-8F7A-ACDAAD17F051 (resized).jpeg
#4932 41 days ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

An even bigger story there with more chapters.
I guess the polite way to put it would be a difference in how things should be done.

Given everything that had happened at Haggis in the last year I'm honestly surprised that machines are actually going out.
Very happy for the customers.

#4933 41 days ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yep i know ....
making pinball is hard.

Sounds like you personally know this person.

I'm very keen to see who designs the next game.

#4934 36 days ago

Any new news? How are the current owners enjoying their machines? Would love to know more about the 2.0 code?
Patiently waiting for my number to be called up

#4935 36 days ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Any new news? How are the current owners enjoying their machines? Would love to know more about the 2.0 code?

Bruce and Zac give their first impressions of the Fathom remake that was recently delivered to the Rochester Pinball Collective in the latest episode of Slam Tilt.

https://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2022/07/04/episode-189-light-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow/

It's a little ways into the episode, but nice to hear some feedback about the game, code, and Haggis' build quality.

#4936 36 days ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Revisited code is great. The game build quality is amazing. It’s a tuff game for an average player. It has the one more game vibe going. I keep going back to it over and over. I going to put larger rubber on the post in the out lanes. It is tuff to save the ball. That’s just me though.

#4937 36 days ago

My wife and I took a ride out to Rochester so we could play the haggis games. She's now sold that I made a good buy with getting in on the Mermaid Fathom. She also is now interested in a Celts. Go figure.
They have a lot of great games there, but Fathom kept our attention for 75% of the time there.

#4938 36 days ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

My wife and I took a ride out to Rochester so we could play the haggis games. She's now sold that I made a good buy with getting in on the Mermaid Fathom. She also is now interested in a Celts. Go figure.
They have a lot of great games there, but Fathom kept our attention for 75g of the time there.

75grams? You Guys are Heavy hitters!

#4939 36 days ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

They have a lot of great games there, but Fathom kept our attention for 75% of the time there.

Haha! I caught it quicker than you…

#4940 36 days ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Haha! I caught it quicker than you…

You don't just go to Rochester to play pinball

#4941 36 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Bruce and Zac give their first impressions of the Fathom remake that was recently delivered to the Rochester Pinball Collective in the latest episode of Slam Tilt.
https://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2022/07/04/episode-189-light-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow/
It's a little ways into the episode, but nice to hear some feedback about the game, code, and Haggis' build quality.

Would love to go there sometime .
Bruce looks a lot more sensible than what I pictured
https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/rochester/news/2021/09/03/new-pinball-arcade-opens-in-east-rochester#

#4942 34 days ago

Just curious, what are the build times being said in the email for full payment for the people getting their invoice now or in the last couple of weeks?

#4943 34 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Just curious, what are the build times being said in the email for full payment for the people getting their invoice now or in the last couple of weeks?

Build times of 8 weeks give or take after receiving invoice and payment.

I believe the series ticket holders would be completed and on to next group in a few weeks.

#4944 34 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I will say it and mean it. My HUO Jungle Lord.is bolted to the floor. Ask anyone who knows me.

#4945 34 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Build times of 8 weeks give or take after receiving invoice and payment.
I believe the series ticket holders would be completed and on to next group in a few weeks.

This isn’t the case. I’m currently at 15 weeks since full payment. I was wondering if they are still giving that time frame as it’s very misleading.

#4946 34 days ago

They start working on mine late next week!! Wahoo!!

#4947 34 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

They start working on mine late next week!! Wahoo!!

Series ticket holder?

#4948 34 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Series ticket holder?

Yep.

#4949 34 days ago

That means they are probably averaging 1 a week which isn't great for those at the tail end of the queue.

#4950 34 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

This isn’t the case. I’m currently at 15 weeks since full payment. I was wondering if they are still giving that time frame as it’s very misleading.

My mate Dave is easy that too (kyakingoz). It's a worry. He's not a series ticket holder either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 5,185 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 104.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!