CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 154.
#4851 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Except that i have owned both of the sets that we are talking about at the same time, so that goes to water. It's not an excuse for not owning both, as i owned both of all 4 titles. It's a limited space here and i want more variation.
Everyone is different dude, but if you think i'm making excuses for being poor then you do you.

Your collection is Bitchen as well.
I understand the space issue as well and thank goodness I don't have more room because if I did I'd never ever stop buying these God forsaken Toys.

#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Still not many Fathoms shipping huh ?

Haggis reached out today and said still shipping but slow moving.
I kind of figured that anyhow.

Not sure if that helps answer your question

#4854 1 year ago

This just in… all games with in-line drops are the same….

(Nevermind that the inlines in centaur are a side show while on fathom they are the two main shots… but yeah, the same!)

#4855 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This just in… all games with in-line drops are the same….
(Nevermind that the inlines in centaur are a side show while on fathom they are the two main shots… but yeah, the same!)

This just in. Some people are not allowed to have an opinion, and if they do have a thought it is wrong.

Fact is, i found them to similar, so sold the one i believed the lesser. Fact.

I no longer have them next to each other so can't go back into all the details and don't need to justify myself to the likes of you even if i did.

Dave just disagrees with me, you want to be nasty about it. It's a character trait and you demonstrate it often to others. That's why you are always in arguments.

Quoted from Pinchild:

Your collection is Bitchen as well.
I understand the space issue as well and thank goodness I don't have more room because if I did I'd never ever stop buying these God forsaken Toys.

I have much more space, i live in a big warehouse, i can afford more machines, but i set myself rules.

#4856 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This just in. Some people are not allowed to have an opinion, and if they do have a thought it is wrong.
I no longer have them next to each other so can't go back into all the details and don't need to justify myself to the likes of you even if i did.
Dave just disagrees with me, you want to be nasty about it. It's a character trait and you demonstrate it often to others. That's why you are always in arguments.

I have much more space, i live in a big warehouse, i can afford more machines, but i set myself rules.

Make no mistake Sir.
Living in a warehouse sound very interesting.
Game on.
I think you're cool!
Stay well.

#4857 1 year ago

Got the notice a couple hours ago, that the game will be delivered today, now nicely into the garage. Will get some more pics later, and onto the floor by this weekend!

IMG-5591 (resized).jpgIMG-5591 (resized).jpg
#4858 1 year ago

lucky-bastard-monty-python.giflucky-bastard-monty-python.gif

#4859 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Got the notice a couple hours ago, that the game will be delivered today, now nicely into the garage. Will get some more pics later, and onto the floor by this weekend![quoted image]

Hell yeah!

#4860 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Many people think the earth is flat it doesn't make it fact. You are free to your opinion, that freedom doesn't make it valid or credible.

Quoted from punkin:

Dave just disagrees with me...

Just disagrees? He said you had to be stupidly drunk to think that way.. but ok.

#4861 1 year ago

Lol - this thread is always going down weird rabbit holes - I love it!

New tangent:
I find 4 Oz of Crown Royal to 12 Oz CocaCola to be the perfect ratio (125/375ml for you Blokes/Sheilas down under).

#4862 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I find 4 Oz of Crown Royal to 12 Oz CocaCola to be the perfect ratio (125/375ml for you Blokes/Sheilas down under).

You need to drink better whiskey. It'll save you drinking the mixer.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Many people think the earth is flat it doesn't make it fact. You are free to your opinion, that freedom doesn't make it valid or credible.

Just disagrees? He said you had to be stupidly drunk to think that way.. but ok.

Yes, he strongly disagrees with me. But you jumped in on someone else's conversation in order to belittle someone. You should have a good look at yourself mate.

#4863 1 year ago

the layout looks more like Flash to me.

#4864 1 year ago

Mine is shipping tomorrow if all goes well. Can't wait.

#4865 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Sold it too for the same reason. Being stupidly drunk most days, and being that it wasn't even this year, i could have the Flash/Fathom/Centaur exchange mixed up.

#4866 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, he strongly disagrees with me. But you jumped in on someone else's conversation in order to belittle someone. You should have a good look at yourself mate.

You of all people in this thread throwing stones like that? That is rich... I see selective memory is another strong trait of yours.

#4867 1 year ago

Not worth it.

#4868 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You need to drink better whiskey. It'll save you drinking the mixer.

I actually prefer Tequila to Whiskey and drink it neat. But only in the winter - summer is crown/coke and Hoegaarden/Leffe type beers.

#4869 1 year ago

Still not many Fathoms shipping huh ?

I know you’re just parroting what you read on Facebook but in case you missed it……

Quoted from jgentry:

Mine is shipping tomorrow if all goes well. Can't wait.

Quoted from Zukram:

Got the notice a couple hours ago, that the game will be delivered today, now nicely into the garage. Will get some more pics later, and onto the floor by this weekend![quoted image]

#4870 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I actually prefer Tequila to Whiskey and drink it neat. But only in the winter - summer is crown/coke and Hoegaarden/Leffe type beers.

I was still drinking the odd nip of spirits a few years ago when i'd finished with beer for the day, and Reposada was the bottle that was always on the table. Something about the raw but complex flavours. Twas grappa that got me into distilling in the first place, same type of spirit when well made, also Ouzo/Arrak.

I never made Tequila, but i made plenty of the others.

#4871 1 year ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Just went and looked at pics, you are correct, my pallet of Coopers brain got Centaur and Flash confused. As i said, they aren't here to look at and remind myself my reasons, but i knew it was the case that i sold one because it was too similar to fathom.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Yours truley

Flat earth society.

#4872 1 year ago

Ok!

Group Hug Time.

#4873 1 year ago

This Mermaid thing looks an awful lot like a Bally game from the 80s called Fathom. Anyone looking into that?

#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just went and looked at pics, you are correct, my pallet of Coopers brain got Centaur and Flash confused. As i said, they aren't here to look at and remind myself my reasons, but i knew it was the case that i sold one because it was too similar to fathom.
Thanks for clearing it up.
Yours truley
Flat earth society.

Lol. Glad I helped. Out of those I'd have kept the Fathom too, prettier and more stuff to do. And now with the souped up version coming..

#4875 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know you’re just parroting what you read on Facebook but in case you missed it……

Cool 2 shipped . Wow I feel so much better now ! Lol

#4876 1 year ago

It has arrived. Hopefully you guys get yours soon.

744FD503-3905-4245-B1A5-9A0F0615D979 (resized).jpeg744FD503-3905-4245-B1A5-9A0F0615D979 (resized).jpeg
#4877 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

It has arrived. Hopefully you guys get yours soon.
[quoted image]

Lol. Dang. I thought I was getting a full size game for $9k.

At least shipping will be cheaper than I expected.

#4878 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:Cool 2 shipped . Wow I feel so much better now ! Lol

Pinside, the whole world.

#4879 1 year ago

Cool 2 shipped . Wow I feel so much better now ! Lol

We’re all about making you feel good.

#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's me too. I reckon if you dropped an AFM playfield on a MM playfield it would line up completely. Every shot is the same. But i like AFM as it's the same game, prettier and simpler rules with better callouts. Lucky we are all different.
Dave, you forgot to talk about having to hit the drops in sequence on Fathom and Centaur. But in any case, that's how i felt and if you feel different then that's how you feel.
The proof is in the pudding, MM lasted 2 months and Centaur lasted about 4. If it wasn't for Mermaid i would not have sold my Fathom. I won't sell my AFM if i can help it.
In saying that, i have Sunset Riders (eight ball) and Orbit 1. Almost exact same machine, but i wouldn't sell either of them.
[quoted image]

I don't know about the rule sets, but those two games look plenty different too me. One can have an opinion all games of that era are about the same (stance I'm not taking).

#4881 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

New tangent:

The Coke here is different though

#4882 1 year ago
Quoted from blue95:

The Coke here is different though

How so?

#4883 1 year ago

Beautiful game, with great finish an details inside and out..

IMG-5595 (resized).jpgIMG-5595 (resized).jpgIMG-5596 (resized).jpgIMG-5596 (resized).jpgIMG-5599 (resized).jpgIMG-5599 (resized).jpgIMG-5600 (resized).jpgIMG-5600 (resized).jpgIMG-5601 (resized).jpgIMG-5601 (resized).jpgIMG-5602 (resized).jpgIMG-5602 (resized).jpgIMG-5603 (resized).jpgIMG-5603 (resized).jpg
#4884 1 year ago

Thx for the pics, cannot wait

#4885 1 year ago

These will be well received. It looks to be everything I hoped it would. Can't wait to get mine.

#4886 1 year ago

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like the height adjuster screw for the second target is missing in the left drop target bank. Might want to look around in the cabinet for it and make sure its not near any power connections. Would sure love to see more pictures of the playfield with the glass off.

#4887 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like the height adjuster screw for the second target is missing in the left drop target bank. Might want to look around in the cabinet for it and make sure its not near any power connections. Would sure love to see more pictures of the playfield with the glass off.

So you can look for misalignment?

#4888 1 year ago

In Australia we use cane sugar instead of corn syrup that the US uses.... so ours is more like Mexican Coca-Cola.

#4889 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

So you can look for misalignment?

For the same reasons I want to see the playfield of every game I buy up close.

#4890 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

In Australia we use cane sugar instead of corn syrup that the US uses.... so ours is more like Mexican Coca-Cola.

You learn something new everyday!
cheers

#4891 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Beautiful game, with great finish an details inside and out..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing

Would love to see some pictures/video of the lcd displays and the menu system
What version of code is it running?

#4892 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Beautiful game, with great finish an details inside and out..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it!!
Congratulations

#4893 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You learn something new everyday!
cheers

Better not tell you that half the world makes their sugar from beetroots then Andy.

#4894 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Better not tell you that half the world makes their sugar from beetroots then Andy.

I had to go look this up as I was suspicious, well F@$k me, first link I click says it has 5x yield compared to cane!

#4895 1 year ago

Distillers. We know shit about sugar.

#4896 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Distillers. We know shit about sugar.

You can’t beet a root

#4897 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You can’t beet a root

Rather have a hot shower in the winter or a good crap myself.

NotBothAtTheSameTimePunkin

#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

I had to go look this up as I was suspicious, well F@$k me, first link I click says it has 5x yield compared to cane!

Not sure about 5x the yield. Read that the yield potential for sugar beet is 24T sugar per Ha. since 2am this morning i have been harvesting a trial with sugar cane (North Qld) and we were producing 170T cane/Ha at 15% sugar which is 25.5T/Ha of sugar. I've worked with cane farmers who have achieved 32T sugar/ha.

From what i understand, cane is grown where its hot (and good rainfall or irrigation), beet where its cold. Lots of expereicen with cane, no experience with beet.

#4899 1 year ago

Back on topic: That's a sweet looking game.

(yep, I said it.)

#4900 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Oh I see what you mean, thank you.. Did not notice anything earlier but definitely see it missing in the picture. Had a fair amount of tweaks here and there we needed to do, and will need my head underneath some more. Later in the week when we are back there will get a few more pictures.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/98?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.