IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 156.
#4801 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Yes, and air!
Will be going right on location next to-ish the Celts!

Man I’m so happy for you!
That’s fantastic that you’re putting them on location. Good for you.

#4802 1 year ago

good for pinball....

360_F_262193872_P4B3J9hmpVmzHzrpUKvk9CoZKIyixniD (resized).jpg360_F_262193872_P4B3J9hmpVmzHzrpUKvk9CoZKIyixniD (resized).jpg

#4803 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

You're putting these out at rochester pinball?

Yes, Rochester Pinball Collective (East Rochester, NY).

Pretty sure the head on this is wider than my basement stairway at home, would like to have it at home for a bit before there, but also do not want to be taking this apart so will get a couple pics of the box in the garage and over to there pretty much immediately..

#4804 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Yes, Rochester Pinball Collective (East Rochester, NY).
Pretty sure the head on this is wider than my basement stairway at home, would like to have it at home for a bit before there, but also do not want to be taking this apart so will get a couple pics of the box in the garage and over to there pretty much immediately..

Thats exciting! Were planning a family trip out to the ROC. Definitely been trying to get there and flip.
No dates yet, have to get to pintastic first

#4805 1 year ago

What does shipping cost to get it to the states?

#4806 1 year ago

Reno will have a Mermaid Edition Next Thursday. Air freight tracking has been confirmed.

#4807 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Reno will have a Mermaid Edition Next Thursday. Air freight tracking has been confirmed.

Series ticket holder?

#4808 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Series ticket holder?

Yes

#4809 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Good for you mate. Please post a review of what you think and any teething issues it has?

#4810 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

1900.00 to your door through customs.

#4811 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Zero.

It ships to planetary pinball for free then they ship to you.You'll pay freight from there my guess would be around $300.

That's what it was when first ordered anyhow?

#4812 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Zero.
It ships to planetary pinball for free then they ship to you.You'll pay freight from there my guess would be around $300.

True but air freight is an option for us impatient little boys

#4813 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Zero.

$1600 for air freight. Ask Haggis for details.

#4814 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

$1600 for air freight. Ask Haggis for details.

I don't waste money when I can wait for cheaper route.

#4815 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I don't waste money when I can wait for cheaper route.

It wasn't about you....

#4817 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It wasn't about you....

It never is

#4818 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Ask Haggis for details.

How? Haggis never answers emails. I emailed them a few times before ordering my CE and nothing but crickets. Now I've emailed them a few times AFTER paying the deposit 45 days ago and still nothing. How hard is it to answer an email about shipping from a paying customer? Maybe make the website clear in the first place and you won't get questions? And no, nothing in my spam folder either.

#4819 1 year ago

I feel all sad now. Hope it climbs for you.

#4820 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

How? Haggis never answers emails. I emailed them a few times before ordering my CE and nothing but crickets. Now I've emailed them a few times AFTER paying the deposit 45 days ago and still nothing. How hard is it to answer an email about shipping from a paying customer? Maybe make the website clear in the first place and you won't get questions? And no, nothing in my spam folder either.

That is very strange. I’ve emailed Damian multiple times and always get a response within a few days.

#4821 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

That is very strange. I’ve emailed Damian multiple times and always get a response within a few days.

I suspect he had a lot more time on his hands for answering emails before I came along in the last couple of months. Now that the restrictions seem to be lifted and they are pumping out games, I'm sure he is busy as hell! Its all good, but it would be nice to know 100% for sure there will be a similar shipment of Classics to BAA like there will be for Mermaids, so I don't have to pay for freight from Australia.

#4822 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I suspect he had a lot more time on his hands for answering emails before I came along in the last couple of months. Now that the restrictions seem to be lifted and they are pumping out games, I'm sure he is busy as hell! Its all good, but it would be nice to know 100% for sure there will be a similar shipment of Classics to BAA like there will be for Mermaids, so I don't have to pay for freight from Australia.

Also might be that your email is going to his spam. You happen to send him an email via their Contact Us page?

https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_creativecontactform&view=creativecontactform&form=15

Just a thought!

#4823 1 year ago

For all those wondering

Quoted from John_I:

Pretty sure the free shipping was only on the mermaids.

#4824 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

For all those wondering

Pretty sure the free shipping was only on the mermaids.

My distro is asking for shipping.
It may be free in a container to US, then freight/trucking charges from there to my home?

Just speculating

#4825 1 year ago

I took over a Mermaid deposit from a Pinside friend, the wait begins.

I have never played Fathom before and have not played a lot of 80s pins. Not sure if I’ll love it, but it looks great and it’ll be hard to see one on location so I take a chance.

Closest pin in my collection is TNA no ramps, in-line drops, lock stealing etc.

#4826 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I took over a Mermaid deposit from a Pinside friend, the wait begins.
I have never played Fathom before and have not played a lot of 80s pins. Not sure if I’ll love it, but it looks great and it’ll be hard to see one on location so I take a chance.
Closest pin in my collection is TNA no ramps, in-line drops, lock stealing etc.

I've never played it either.
Never even seen one in person.
Lately I've become addicted to 78 to 81 Bally machines and found it completely different from my modern machines.
Fun Fun Fun

#4827 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

My distro is asking for shipping.
It may be free in a container to US, then freight/trucking charges from there to my home?
Just speculating

It’s free shipping to planetary and you pay from there to you but only on the mermaids. Classic editions pay for shipping from haggis factory.

#4829 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

It’s free shipping to planetary and you pay from there to you but only on the mermaids. Classic editions pay for shipping from haggis factory.

But who would ever buy regular when you can have a Sexy Mermaid?

#4830 1 year ago

I have the hook in a mermaid. Just waiting for more info, but I'm mid run. So probably August or so...

#4831 1 year ago

Would be nice to have an idea on when our number would be called, don't mind if it isnt soon, but just to manage expectations.

#4832 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I've never played it either.
Never even seen one in person.
Lately I've become addicted to 78 to 81 Bally machines and found it completely different from my modern machines.
Fun Fun Fun

I have here Lost World, Sorcerer, Sunset Riders, Orbit 1, Shark, Spy Hunter, Spectrum and finally Celts. Not all Bally's, but all single deck 80's style games. Although Sorcerer has a basic ramp. Have had Black Hole, Genie, Centaur, Fathom and Flash in the past.

It is a great era of pinball. The rules are simple to learn, but mostly keep an old guy like me entertained, the art is brilliant and the games are a good leveller for comp.

#4833 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have here Lost World, Sorcerer, Sunset Riders, Orbit 1, Shark, Spy Hunter, Spectrum and finally Celts. Not all Bally's, but all single deck 80's style games. Although Sorcerer has a basic ramp. Have had Black Hole, Genie, Centaur, Fathom and Flash in the past.
It is a great era of pinball. The rules are simple to learn, but mostly keep an old guy like me entertained, the art is brilliant and the games are a good leveller for comp.

You make a real good point about the old Ballys leveling the playfield for competition.
I got to a point where I could compete with just about anybody on new Sterns, JJps etc. but I would get my ass handed to me on late 70’s and early 80’s games so I started buying them. Now…..I couldn’t imagine not having a Fathom, EK , Star Trek or my gambling favorite….Dolly.
Short ball times and very addictive.
You have to learn how to play these games because it’s a different style of play.

#4834 1 year ago

I can play them on my good days and hold the high scores on most of them here, my mate Neil, The Bally Table King, is the gun on the mid 80's nineties ones. He has all the scores on Whirlwind, Hurricane, Comet, Diner, Taxi etc. If we get into the later models we are about on a par most of the time, though he's a better average player than me.

#4835 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

You make a real good point about the old Ballys leveling the playfield for competition.
I got to a point where I could compete with just about anybody on new Sterns, JJps etc. but I would get my ass handed to me on late 70’s and early 80’s games so I started buying them. Now…..I couldn’t imagine not having a Fathom, EK , Star Trek or my gambling favorite….Dolly.
You have to learn how to play these games because it’s a different style of play.

I’m kind of buying Fathom on a wing and a prayer. I’ve watched a ton of gameplay videos, started playing the older games when I come across them in the arcade. I still don’t know how well I’ll like it. But great reviews for the original version and the extras on the Mermaid just look fantastic, adding tasteful additions.

Plus it’ll be a nice showpiece rare item in my collection.

#4836 1 year ago

I had Fathom and Centaur here together at one time. I sold Centaur because it's almost the same game as Fathom, and i prefer the art on Fathom.

It's a really good machine with good theme integration which is the main thing for me. Looking forward to having a new shiny one. It was a risk selling my beautiful original when i ordered, but i have faith.

#4837 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I had Fathom and Centaur here together at one time. I sold Centaur because it's almost the same game as Fathom, and i prefer the art on Fathom.
It's a really good machine with good theme integration which is the main thing for me. Looking forward to having a new shiny one. It was a risk selling my beautiful original when i ordered, but i have faith.

What’s your opinion on spectrum? Such an odd game with great art. Looks pretty unique but I have no idea how fun it is.

#4838 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

What’s your opinion on spectrum? Such an odd game with great art. Looks pretty unique but I have no idea how fun it is.

It’s super fun, you should buy mine!

#4839 1 year ago

I have it for sale. I used to collect the weird and wonderful, but i have straightened out a bit. Absolutely beautiful machine, but you have to concentrate too much for me.

#4840 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Why would you say your favorite is Dolly darn it I passed one up locally a while back not knowing.
Rats!

#4841 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I haven’t played it anymore than a handful of times and don’t see a need to play it again. I didn’t find it terribly fun after the first couple of times it kicked a ball out from a weird place. The novelty wore off quickly.

#4842 1 year ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

It’s super fun, you should buy mine!

Ha don’t threaten me or I just might

#4843 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Why would you say your favorite is Dolly darn it I passed one up locally a while back not knowing.
Rats!

Yep it’s a sleeper. It’s key to set the tilt real tight. This will keep you and your friends coming back game after game for dollars.
Balls times are very short but man o man is it fun.

#4844 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I’ve owned a Spectrum. To put it simply, the game’s rules are bizarre.
The artwork is spectacular. It speaks 80s. But ultimately it couldn’t hold up in my lineup.

#4845 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You keep saying that, but you’d need to drink a pallet of Coopers to think that.

There are some similarities…

1/ they’re both Ballys
2/ they were both made in 1981
3/ they have similar cabinets

That’s about it.

Fathom has 2 banks of inlines for bonus
Centaur has the top lanes

Fathom has 2 ball locks and a unique release
Centaur has no ball locks and a very unique launch system

Fathom has a spinner
Centaur has none

Centaur has a magnet catch
Fathom has none

Playing them is totally different. Every goal on the playfield is in a different place on each machine.

And they do look nice next to each other.

rd

B0283F14-90CD-4B3B-93C5-92917A590F6F (resized).jpegB0283F14-90CD-4B3B-93C5-92917A590F6F (resized).jpeg
#4846 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You keep saying that, but you’d need to drink a pallet of Coopers to think that.
1/ they’re both Ballys
That’s about it.
Fathom has a spinner
Centaur has none
Fathom has none
Playing them is totally different. Every goal on the playfield is in a different place on each machine.
rd[quoted image]

Agree, but you just can't argue with people when they say one title is too much like another and you own both and know that's not the case. It's more of an excuse for not owning both, especially when they are both A titles.

The one I hear the most like this is AFM is too much like MM. Whatever. Someone can look for the similarites, I look for the differences.. and the overall fun I have playing the game.

#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

The one I hear the most like this is AFM is too much like MM. Whatever. Someone can look for the similarites, I look for the differences

Say no more.

rd

125E37BE-A5EA-45C8-8638-5964EE68B755 (resized).jpeg125E37BE-A5EA-45C8-8638-5964EE68B755 (resized).jpeg
#4848 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Agree, but you just can't argue with people when they say one title is too much like another and you own both and know that's not the case. It's more of an excuse for not owning both, especially when they are both A titles.
The one I hear the most like this is AFM is too much like MM. Whatever. Someone can look for the similarites, I look for the differences.. and the overall fun I have playing the game.

That's me too. I reckon if you dropped an AFM playfield on a MM playfield it would line up completely. Every shot is the same. But i like AFM as it's the same game, prettier and simpler rules with better callouts. Lucky we are all different.

Dave, you forgot to talk about having to hit the drops in sequence on Fathom and Centaur. But in any case, that's how i felt and if you feel different then that's how you feel.

The proof is in the pudding, MM lasted 2 months and Centaur lasted about 4. If it wasn't for Mermaid i would not have sold my Fathom. I won't sell my AFM if i can help it.

In saying that, i have Sunset Riders (eight ball) and Orbit 1. Almost exact same machine, but i wouldn't sell either of them.

DSCF1208[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1208[1] (resized).jpg

#4849 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Except that i have owned both of the sets that we are talking about at the same time, so that goes to water. It's not an excuse for not owning both, as i owned both of all 4 titles. It's a limited space here and i want more variation.

Everyone is different dude, but if you think i'm making excuses for being poor then you do you.

#4850 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

1/ they’re both Ballys
That’s about it.
Fathom has a spinner
Centaur has none
Fathom has none
rd[quoted image]

Sorry
Your collection is not big enough to enter the conversation.

These are not the droids you were looking for move along.

In a word
Your lineup is Spectacular!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/97?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.