CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 154.
#4701 1 year ago

This was a surprise!

5DFEE838-E23E-4AA1-B43C-10F821D3F3B8 (resized).jpeg5DFEE838-E23E-4AA1-B43C-10F821D3F3B8 (resized).jpeg
#4702 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Dumb question, does this game save high score initials?

It does. I put some on the game.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4703 1 year ago

Just beautiful.

#4704 1 year ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I bought that machine from a guy named Marlin who reportedly ran the show's prior to Rich.
It was shopped and plays great and I'm very happy to get a Fathom after looking for one for quite a while.

Let me get this straight.
You bought a Fathom (ocean themed game) from a bloke called Marlin (like the fish)?
Thats funny.

#4705 1 year ago

ID be cancelling any subscriptions to any podcaster who talks shit and makes people paranoid they're not going to get their games .

#4706 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

Something special landed here in Atlanta!
[quoted image]

Any chance that this beautiful specimen will be seen at SFGE next month???

Congratulations!

#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

ID be cancelling any subscriptions to any podcaster who talks shit and makes people paranoid they're not going to get their games .

I listen to Kaneda, assuming that's who you're referring too, and don't recall him ever saying people were "not going to get their games". He said repeatedly over and over and over again (in broken record style) that he felt, something like, Damian would get everyone their game but that it will take a long time to get them. Lets face it, it's taken Haggis long time to start getting games out and there's a lot more people without their games then there are with!

If one is a Series Ticket Holder you have to wonder if you're going to live long enough to see all 5 games produced.

Nonetheless, Haggis is manufacturing and shipping games, beautiful at that, and that's what matters.

#4708 1 year ago

I think the problem with some in this thread is there are extremes on both sides- those that are in the "never going to get your game/Haggis is going to fail" group and then the "how dare you question Haggis/Everyone is getting their game" group.

How about the middle of the road, cautious but optimistic group? No one I know wants to see Haggis fail. But lots of us have seen the other similar pinball companies and I'd say there is room for being (just a little lol) cautious with throwing money around on a startup pinball company! Being cautious does not mean negative or wanting to see them fail. And being cautious doesn't mean I'm willing to accept that there's no way something could happen that would be... well, negative (financial failure).

It's super exciting to see these games being delivered!! Keep them rolling out!!

#4709 1 year ago

Great times in the hobby except for the cost.

Stern
JJP
Spooky
CGC
American Pinball
Italian bros
Haggis
Multimorphic
Dutch pinball

Did I miss anyone?

#4710 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Did I miss anyone?

Homepin

#4711 1 year ago

Oh yea, and too bad Derproot didn’t pan out.

#4712 1 year ago

Quetzal Pinball

#4713 1 year ago

Pinball Adventures and Ballarama!

#4714 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Any chance that this beautiful specimen will be seen at SFGE next month???
Congratulations!

Probably not going to be there. I am sending some other games and we will play it in pinball league but that is as far as she is going!

#4715 1 year ago

Congrats on the to the new owners. Looking forward to mine showing up soon. The build quality looks outstanding so far.

#4716 1 year ago

Someone post a video of the under cab water effect lighting in action please!

#4717 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Great times in the hobby except for the cost.
Italian bros

You mean Pinball Brothers?

#4718 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

people were "not going to get their games". He said repeatedly over and over and over again (in broken record style) that he felt, something like, Damian would get everyone their game but that it will take a long time to get them.

He must be a real psychic...
No one would have guessed that covid shutting down Australia and major global shipping games would be delayed , glad no other pinball manufacturer has had any issues.

#4719 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

#113 in Houston. Awaiting movers to bring upstairs and then I’ll post photo.

Congratulations! Wish they had gone ahead and shipped my game with yours since we're practically neighbors!

#4720 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

He must be a real psychic...
No one would have guessed that covid shutting down Australia and major global shipping games would be delayed , glad no other pinball manufacturer has had any issues.

Anyone that listens to him knows must of his "news" is speculation. He even states it all the time by statin "rumor is" or "I predict". Basically he is the psychic of pinball as he's just throwing stuff out there.

As for using Covid as the reason, that I don't think applies here as we've been in a Covid state for over two years now. Haggis requested final payment from people which told them, per Haggis, their machines were ready to ship, when they weren't.

One thing I would like to know from Haggis is ..... with all the BS that Kadeda threw at Haggis you almost wonder if Haggis did in fact "stage" that video for his benefit (to prove him wrong). I mean people in the States are receiving their games about 6 weeks after that video was posted so games would've had to been boxed up and ready to go if not already in a container.

Not trying to defend/bash Kaneda or Haggis, just giving a different perspective!

#4721 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone that listens to him knows must of his "news" is speculation. He even states it all the time by statin "rumor is" or "I predict". Basically he is the psychic of pinball as he's just throwing stuff out there.
As for using Covid as the reason, that I don't think applies here as we've been in a Covid state for over two years now. Haggis requested final payment from people which told them, per Haggis, their machines were ready to ship, when they weren't.
One thing I would like to know from Haggis is ..... with all the BS that Kadeda threw at Haggis you almost wonder if Haggis did in fact "stage" that video for his benefit (to prove him wrong). I mean people in the States are receiving their games about 6 weeks after that video was posted so games would've had to been boxed up and ready to go if not already in a container.
Not trying to defend/bash Kaneda or Haggis, just giving a different perspective!

How do you know COVID doesn’t apply? Do you live in Australia?
Have you worked at Haggis?
What a bunch of speculative garbage.
Would’ve , should’ve could’ve…….I rather hear facts.
You and Flynnibus should start a thread called “Why isn’t this happening?”

#4722 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

How do you know COVID doesn’t apply? Do you live in Australia?
Have you worked at Haggis?
What a bunch of speculative garbage.
Would’ve , should’ve could’ve…….I rather hear facts.
You and Flynnibus should start a thread called “Why isn’t this happening?”

Wow a lot of anger ... read my post again as I stated "I don't think it applies". Never stated that it "doesn't apply" but thanks for the rant!

#4723 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Wow a lot of anger ... read my post again as I stated "I don't think it applies". Never stated that it "doesn't apply" but thanks for the rant!

No anger whatsoever. You just simply have no idea what you’re talking about and are speculating.
Read your whole long and winding paragraph again. It’s………absurd.

#4724 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I mean people in the States are receiving their games about 6 weeks after that video was posted so games would've had to been boxed up and ready to go if not already in a container.

presumably the people getting games now paid for individual air shipping?

#4725 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Flynnibus we "should start a thread called “Why isn’t this happening?”"

You in?

#4726 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I would think they are Series Game members and air shipping. (My guess)
I'll be flying both of my games but I'm not a Series Game member.
I'm too impatient for a slow boat and US Customs.

#4727 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would think they are Series Game members and air shipping. (My guess) I'll be flying both of my games but I'm not a Series Game member.

Agreed. I’m in the same boat. No pun intended.

#4728 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I hope this doesn't impact these games or any games for that matter coming into the States but I had purchase a few records back in February. Still have to receive them and they show that they're still in Customs as of Feb. 22nd. I opened an investigation with USPS and actually received a phone call from them advising that the US Govt is now inspecting ALL packages that come in from certain countries. This means a package that use to take 2-4 weeks via boat can now take 6+ months.

Don't know all the countries that are on this "list" but I was taken back by this as my package came from Austria!

#4729 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Pinball Adventures and Ballarama!

hahaha I know you are joking (and not poicking on you) but we both know Ballarama definitely does not count - can't even make a post let alone a game

#4730 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

don't recall him ever saying people were "not going to get their games".

I never said that .
I said makes people paranoid and talks shit .
You've written how much bullshit Kaneda has thrown at Haggis .
If you want to pay to listen to that crap , that's your choice .

Quoted from meSz:

with all the BS that Kadeda threw at Haggis

#4731 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I never said that .
I said makes people paranoid and talks shit .
You've written how much bullshit Kaneda has thrown at Haggis .
If you want to pay to listen to that crap , that's your choice .

my bad, didnt mean to put words in your mouth.

I do listen to him and find some of his stuff interesting but he has given Haggis a lot of crap as well as others. He goes for the shock effect.

Nonetheless, again, hope you all enjoy the machine. Fricken thing looks awesome!

I am more an original machine person but seeing what Haggis has done with this and with what CGC has done with their remakes has changed that.

#4732 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

my bad, didnt mean to put words in your mouth.
I do listen to him and find some of his stuff interesting but he has given Haggis a lot of crap as well as others. He goes for the shock effect.
Nonetheless, again, hope you all enjoy the machine. Fricken thing looks awesome!
I am more an original machine person but seeing what Haggis has done with this and with what CGC has done with their remakes has changed that.

Sold my beautiful original a month after ordering Mermaid. There's no comparison to me. Brand new machine with updated tech and new code versus old worn machine with nostalgia value i don't assign personally.

Same with CGC, i only have AFM here but had a MM not long ago.

#4733 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sold my beautiful original a month after ordering Mermaid. There's no comparison to me. Brand new machine with updated tech and new code versus old worn machine with nostalgia value i don't assign personally.
Same with CGC, i only have AFM here but had a MM not long ago.

Yeah I had a ToM sitting back East and had a good offer on it to the point I sold it knowing CGC is going to remake it. When they do it will look great but (hopefully) they will also dree up the code.

Seeing what Haggis has done with Fathom be very interesting to see what they do next. Hopefully everything works in their favor where they can ramp up production.

#4734 1 year ago

Indeedy do. The world needs more pinball. Especially the way these boys and girls do it.

#4735 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I agree.

I listen to Kaneda too and I also like him. What boggles my mind is how his fanbase will gobble up his off the cuff remarks, his speculation, and repeat it without question. They don't even think about it and they get so riled up that it spills over to the internet in various forms. I don't blame him so much as I blame them.

Good grief people, along with his obtaining some great scoops on the pinball world that no one else does, you're also being entertained. Learn to recognize between the two and think for yourselves.

Quoted from d0n:

I heard the bill story on a podcast. If the podcaster was wrong then I was wrong.

#4736 1 year ago

For those that have received their game. How is the 2.0 code? Has anyone streamed it yet?

#4737 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Besides Covid (and shutdown in australia was much harsher, way longer) you guys are just not used to the seafreight waiting times.

Usually (before Covid) when we in Europe get the first Stern Premium machines, the next Stern cornerstone game is allready announced.

#4738 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine: you guys are just not used to the seafreight waiting times.

Unfortunately we are more than used to the long shipping times .

#4739 1 year ago

OK it looks like people actually have these now. Where are the million close up pictures of the playfield and everything else?

#4740 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK it looks like people actually have these now. Where are the million close up pictures of the playfield and everything else?

It needs a video. The color shifting was crazy - between the blue & green. But, it did feel tight - which was nice. And though the sound was drowned out by the crowd at the show, the vibration and rumbling was definitely there. Really beautiful.

IMG_8737 (resized).jpegIMG_8737 (resized).jpeg
#4741 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

It needs a video. ...

Yep - looking forward to these!

In the meantime ... DAMN - this game looks nice!

#4742 1 year ago

FWIW, I played the heck out of this at the NW Pinfest and fell in love.

This is a GREAT game if you love early 80s Bally games.

This was better for me than anything on the floor including the excellent Centaur.

Now if someone would remake Centaur, Quicksilver, Meteor, Stars, etc in the same fashion that Haggis has done - I'd be on board with those also.

#4743 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

This was better for me than anything on the floor including the excellent Centaur.
Now if someone would remake Centaur, Quicksilver, Meteor, Stars, etc in the same fashion that Haggis has done - I'd be on board with those also.

That means a lot. Thank you for the information. I can’t wait!

#4744 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Haggis is making Centaur just not sure of the order. EBD too

#4745 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - looking forward to these!
In the meantime ... DAMN - this game looks nice!

Do we know each other? I can't keep pinside handles/real names/faces in order sometimes.

I see you aren't far from me (I'm in Gig Harbor) so maybe we can coordinate you coming by to play Fathom. I should be set back up this week.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4746 1 year ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Do we know each other? I can't keep pinside handles/real names/faces in order sometimes.
I see you aren't far from me (I'm in Gig Harbor) so maybe we can coordinate you coming by to play Fathom. I should be set back up this week.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Thanks man - that would be cool! I'll PM you.

#4747 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Unfortunately we are more than used to the long shipping times .

That‘s why I wrote that. Usually it‘s your turn to wait for months, now it‘s the other way around.

Good things come to those who can wait. (Usually)

#4748 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Usually it‘s your turn to wait for months, now it‘s the other way around.
Good things come to those who can wait. (Usually)

Lol , I don't have one on order but if I did , ID drive 10 minutes up the road

#4749 1 year ago

My mermaid edition on the line!

#4750 1 year ago

Just got an email from nitro saying my game is on the line and will be one of their first batch of games going to planetary pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.