432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 156.
#4651 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-vatn6-123b865
This is one of the hardest podcasts I've had to listen to , it's like hearing fingernails down a chalkboard .
But the jjp engineer explains the difficulties of getting supplies and how hard it is to put a PIN together these days .

Holy shit, same here. Tried listening because there was some good info from the JJP guest. But those two hosts are awfully hard to listen to.

#4652 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:looks very nice though I would of been a bit more anal and cable tied the cables a bit more and made a few cables a little longer so they could be grouped

Electrically, you don't want to zip tie certain different types of cables together. This can cause interference in certain circumstances.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4653 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Capcom did it 30 years ago. Not sure how the Haggis system works, but the Capcom playfield when raised sits vertical in the middle of the cabinet allowing great access to the top and bottom.

I know how the Haggis system works today.

After trying to slide the playfield of my Celts forward yesterday and having it drop into the cab.

#4654 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

After trying to slide the playfield of my Celts forward yesterday and having it drop into the cab.

Oofff… Didn’t read the instructions?

#4655 1 year ago

Nope.

Just used to Bally/Wiiliams and Sterns.
Luckily my tech mate was here working on another machine and helped me lift it back.

#4656 1 year ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Electrically, you don't want to zip tie certain different types of cables together. This can cause interference in certain circumstances.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

yeah I get that, but those cables should then be cabled separately through the playfield so others can't move on to those.

I use to wire up light aircraft electricals and then wire up high end CNC router and laser machines so understand electrical interference, shielding, sensor interference etc.

- the top circle - personally would make the yellow wire over the pcb's a little longer and group with the others to the right
- the middle circle - make the yellows and oranges a little longer and have a nice loop instead of the criss cross
- the bottom circle -it's already grouped at the back of the playfield so 1 - 2 more cable ties to group down to the plexi changes the look

it's not alot but a few minor changes the look to a more professional look

bacb4d2def4c818ec97c5d345d713a70c5c408a5 (resized).jpgbacb4d2def4c818ec97c5d345d713a70c5c408a5 (resized).jpg

#4657 1 year ago

Any video of this game being played? Just normal video of game play? Not promo video with shots from the playfield.

#4658 1 year ago

fastpinball looks like the insert led are serial daisy chained? Been a few discussions(arguments lol) on here about how it would never work correctly in a pinball due to interference. Is this game proof it does work?

#4659 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

How is that even possible? No casual mistake should result in a disaster like that unless there is something poorly designed? Hopefully that can't happen with Fathom...

#4660 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

How is that even possible? No casual mistake should result in a disaster like that unless there is something poorly designed? Hopefully that can't happen with Fathom...

I don’t see how it could happen on Celts unless there was a design change from his to mine.

#4661 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I noticed Fathom has no slide rails. how does it work?
I wonder if these could be attached;

C85B6638-5F1A-4A09-8282-7619AEE91CAF (resized).pngC85B6638-5F1A-4A09-8282-7619AEE91CAF (resized).png
#4662 1 year ago
Quoted from russdx:

fastpinball looks like the insert led are serial daisy chained? Been a few discussions(arguments lol) on here about how it would never work correctly in a pinball due to interference. Is this game proof it does work?

It’s not that it can’t work - it’s that it’s vulnerable to corruption and hence error prone. Lots of games use them… and they all have their own little quirks as they try to work around the realities of wild world. Anything they say themselves will be “of course it works!” - because they all see it working… until it doesn’t

Only the real open world will prove how reliable their system is. We just have to wait and see…

#4663 1 year ago

I want to see the RGB score displays putting on a show
Even cool tricks like scrolling animations they did in late SS Ballys?

#4664 1 year ago

Well i didn't make it up.

#4665 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s not that it can’t work - it’s that it’s vulnerable to corruption and hence error prone. Lots of games use them… and they all have their own little quirks as they try to work around the realities of wild world. Anything they say themselves will be “of course it works!” - because they all see it working… until it doesn’t
Only the real open world will prove how reliable their system is. We just have to wait and see…

Fathom made it through 3 days of non-stop play with zero RGB led lighting issues.

The only thing I noticed was the rubber near the center drop target bank getting a little frayed and some debris on the playfield from it. Cleaned it up nice and easy.

We are breaking down now that the show is over and will be sleeping for a couple days!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

8BB9E7F6-72CD-4584-941B-C4FD3C4AE559 (resized).jpeg8BB9E7F6-72CD-4584-941B-C4FD3C4AE559 (resized).jpeg
#4666 1 year ago

Here is a crummy over the shoulder vid I recorded day before show opening. Was going to do more but got invited to play.
Looked and sounded great irl, but better yet, the flippers felt really good. No jjp mush or delay. But not so snappy to ruin the "classic" feel.
Mike (#188)

#4667 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I don’t see how it could happen on Celts unless there was a design change from his to mine.

It's Fathomable.

#4668 1 year ago

I want one! Love the videos thanks for posting.

Congrats Haggis and congrats to the FAST team as well.

#4669 1 year ago

Can't say I love the background music on the new version but, hey, I really like the background sound on the original so maybe I'm not the best judge.

#4670 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Can't say I love the background music on the new version but, hey, I really like the background sound on the original so maybe I'm not the best judge.

I enjoy the music. I find myself humming the tune.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4671 1 year ago

Can you pinball browser Fast games? I bet not.. but this game needs Holy Diver.

#4672 1 year ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Here is a crummy over the shoulder vid I recorded day before show opening. Was going to do more but got invited to play.
Looked and sounded great irl, but better yet, the flippers felt really good. No jjp mush or delay. But not so snappy to ruin the "classic" feel.
Mike (#188)

Thanks for posting. Great video of actual gameplay. Hopefully a few more share similar videos.

#4673 1 year ago

Absolutely love the background music

#4674 1 year ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Mike (#188)

You're video is so cool that the Vid made an appearance!

Nice

#4675 1 year ago

Something special landed here in Atlanta!

CEAAA010-6892-4619-9675-338ED4A8F109 (resized).jpegCEAAA010-6892-4619-9675-338ED4A8F109 (resized).jpeg
#4676 1 year ago

You'd reckon they'd be running out of prototypes by now, hey?

#4677 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

[quoted image]

Heck yeah!!!
Man I can’t wait to get the email that mine is ready to be shipped!

#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

[quoted image]

More pics or it didn't happen. Congratulations!

#4679 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

[quoted image]

That looks like one of those empty cabinets that people made fun of in the #No Words video. How the heck did they build and ship that without employees as we were told?
Looks like the #No Words video was talking loud and clear to those of us paying attention.

Congratulations, Wesh

#4680 1 year ago

That empty cabinet sure is pretty!!

DD93C131-4903-4002-9C60-0168AD7D3B24 (resized).jpegDD93C131-4903-4002-9C60-0168AD7D3B24 (resized).jpeg
#4681 1 year ago

One of the callouts in Celts as it drains down the outlanes is ...Oooohhh! Shiney!

In your best brogue please.

#4682 1 year ago

How does it play? Any difference within the new PF materials?

#4683 1 year ago

The million dollar question.

Can't tell the playfield is different materials on Celts, not a mug like me anyway.

#4684 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That looks like one of those empty cabinets that people made fun of in the #No Words video. How the heck did they build and ship that without employees as we were told?
Looks like the #No Words video was talking loud and clear to those of us paying attention.
Congratulations, Wesh

Maybe all these machines ready to ship were hiding in the dunny that Bill the transport guy wasn't allowed to go to.....(and i have it first hand that it wasn't even Bill anyway - but trolls never let facts get in the way of a good rumour)

#4685 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

Damn that game looks great ! Congratulations !

LTG : )

#4686 1 year ago

Now if they just send d0n his deposit back and resell his games the world will be right for a while again.

download (17) (resized).jpgdownload (17) (resized).jpg

#4687 1 year ago

Dumb question, does this game save high score initials?

#4688 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Dumb question, does this game save high score initials?

I believe it does!

#4689 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Damn that game looks great ! Congratulations !

Thanks!

Quoted from rai:

How does it play? Any difference within the new PF materials?

Best I can tell it plays like fathom, I have only had time to play about 3 games.

Quoted from punkin:

The million dollar question.
Can't tell the playfield is different materials on Celts, not a mug like me anyway.

I have no clue what the playfield on Celts is. Looking to get one now though if anyone is selling!

#4690 1 year ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I bought that machine from a guy named Marlin who reportedly ran the show's prior to Rich.
It was shopped and plays great and I'm very happy to get a Fathom after looking for one for quite a while.

I remember talking to you right after you purchased it. Nice buy! What a small world, I only live a couple miles down the road from you!

#4691 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

[quoted image]

So any coin mechs? Or at least the wiring for them, so that I could just drop a couple in quickly?

My Fathom will be going on location right away, at least ideally.

#4692 1 year ago

Best if Haggis would build all of dOn games at the same time and demand the payment for all..

#4693 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So any coin mechs?

Picture in post 4632 you can see the tops of the coin mech holders. So I suspect they are in there and the game can be set for coin play of free play for home use.

#4694 1 year ago

New machines in aus come with slots, brackets, wiring and no mechs. You can order mechs with it i'll bet if you give them an email.

#4695 1 year ago

Its amazing to see these mechanical works of art, reach their destinations.
Almost if the forgotten virtue of patience was truly rewarded.

Who woulda thunk it??

#4696 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

New machines in aus come with slots, brackets, wiring and no mechs. You can order mechs with it i'll bet if you give them an email.

Good to know. My Dad has worked for a regional op for like 20 years. So we've got plenty of spare coin mechs around.

#4697 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

[quoted image]

Looks amazing! How tall is the backbox from the floor?

#4698 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

[quoted image]

Wow, that's a looker. Enjoy.

#4699 1 year ago

Nitro pinball had their personal game at their own little event during NWPAS. Haggis added some surprise touches to the apron to celebrate their 10th anniversary. I thought that was pretty cool of them.

IMG_1118 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_1118 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_1121 (resized).JPGIMG_1121 (resized).JPG

#4700 1 year ago

#113 in Houston. Awaiting movers to bring upstairs and then I’ll post photo.

2B180D93-DCFA-4A15-B1B5-9A8A969B9D1D (resized).jpeg2B180D93-DCFA-4A15-B1B5-9A8A969B9D1D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/94?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.