image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 157.
#4551 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Swinks, you probably not the person to ask but incase this is something you discussed..... what about using polishes? For example, either the Novus route or even like a 3M paint polish?
If not the above then is it basically a surface that, over time, will wear and it is what it is?

I asked the instigator of the tops / finish.

He said any polishes will contribute eventually to ever so minute sanding effect so the less gritter the polish the better.

I personally have to say while it was cool seeing someone bashing a playfield with a hammer showing the strength and dent protection from the ball - in that jig that shows the ball rolling back and fourth 250k times if you look carefully the plastic does show minor scuffing.

I just wanted to share the above mainly so people don't try to flame polish as that will destroy the sheet. I would be tempted to order a top artwork panel and keep for safe keeping if you knew you were keeping the game for a very long time and knowing it was going to be played alot.

#4552 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:That's my daily driver, even same color, although it's an '02. Just hit 200K miles a couple months ago.

200K? In Australia they would be saying "it isn't run in yet"

I'm starting to think you guys with your old Landcruisers are part Ozzie. We haved loved them & Nissan Patrols here for years. These vehicles are going up in price faster in Oz than old mustangs are in the US. In fact... probably even faster than pinballs are here.

#4553 1 year ago

I got half a fat looking at the NIB picture. Imagining the sexy thing inside.

#4555 1 year ago

Amazing, absolutely fricken amazing
Congratulations

#4556 1 year ago

Video link -

#4557 1 year ago

I should've done that flynnibus

Cheekily trying to get the Aussie forum some traffic! Ha ha. Cheers though, that's good.

Hope you enjoy the video. Managed to get a few hours today to complete it.

And the machine isn't in a shed any more, it's in my new house and getting some love finally!

One thing the video doesn't capture so well, is the reflective qualities of the cabinet surface. Looks great at night in the right light.

#4559 1 year ago

Absolutely gorgeous congratulations! Congratulations haggis one of the most beautiful machines I have seen.

#4560 1 year ago

Stunning! Thanks for sharing.

#4561 1 year ago

No coin mechs! Call kaneda!

Inserts look really good in the video compared to the promo shots.

So wild seeing pcbs for the backbox lightning

#4562 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

I should've done that flynnibus
Cheekily trying to get the Aussie forum some traffic! Ha ha. Cheers though, that's good.
Hope you enjoy the video. Managed to get a few hours today to complete it.
And the machine isn't in a shed any more, it's in my new house and getting some love finally!

Thank you for your generosity of time and effort put into this, especially under your complex personal situation. For the past several weeks its been disheartening reading the moronic zombie crowd on Facebook attacking you and doubting your sincerity.

Cheers

#4563 1 year ago

Thanks @Mr68, I appreciate that.

#4564 1 year ago

Awesome camera shots in that video and what a beautiful game! Nice work Haggis.

#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Thanks Mr68, I appreciate that.

Yes! Great video!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4566 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No coin mechs! Call kaneda!

Hmmm, I saw two coin mechs.

#4567 1 year ago

I can see why you wanted to make a proper video to show the game off in it's best light .
You can tell you are a professional , excellent job .

#4568 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hmmm, I saw two coin mechs.

I think they would be an added extra for the actual mechanisms , like jjp games ( I don't know if other manufacturers include them or not )
The only thing I thought was missing was some service rails , but that's a non-issue .

#4569 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think they would be an added extra for the actual mechanisms , like jjp games ( I don't know if other manufacturers include them or not )
The only thing I thought was missing was some service rails , but that's a non-issue .

Thanks for setting me straight. I should never doubt Flynnibuss. I saw two coin slots...

#4570 1 year ago

Looks fantastic.

#4571 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think they would be an added extra for the actual mechanisms , like jjp games

Yup and same with new Sterns here in Oz, it's an added extra you pay for.

#4572 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Thanks Mr68, I appreciate that.

Wow. This game looks simply amazing. I can’t wait to receive the email saying mine is ready to ship Thank you Damian and Haggis staff!

Equally incredible is the video that was taken. You are no doubt a true professional. Thank you so much for posting.
I hope to join you soon, being a fellow season ticket holder, when I receive mine!

#4573 1 year ago

I only saw one issue with this game in the video... The SPINNER! One of the best things about these older bally/stern pins is adjusting/lubing and ripping that SPINNER! It doesnt look like they used the standard Bally metal arm on the spinner and it looks like it just doesnt rip like the originals. Other than that i would love to own one of these, this is my wifes favorite game.

#4574 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Found out about the PLAYFIELD ACRYLIC TOP:
- It has a scratch resistant 2pack clear coating on its face. You cant flame polish it , you can polish it but with very little effect (polishing is a very fine/minute version of sanding, which is scratching )
- The art is printed onto cast clear then wet applied to rear

Well now I'm extra confused because in the video Damian explicitly states that due to the coating, the playfields cannot be polished.

#4575 1 year ago
Quoted from cyroute:

I only saw one issue with this game in the video... The SPINNER! One of the best things about these older bally/stern pins is adjusting/lubing and ripping that SPINNER! It doesnt look like they used the standard Bally metal arm on the spinner and it looks like it just doesnt rip like the originals. Other than that i would love to own one of these, this is my wifes favorite game.

It never stops………..

#4576 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

It never stops………..

If not, you'll be putting up some big scores.

#4577 1 year ago

I still plan on drinking a Australian beer for every Fathom received before Pintastic show. Guess it will be 6 - 12 in total by then.

#4578 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I still plan on drinking a Australian beer for every Fathom received before Pintastic show. Guess it will be 6 - 12 in total by then.

Just make sure it's not one of these :

fosters (resized).pngfosters (resized).png

But hopefully one of these (probably can't find in NS though ) :

coopers (resized).pngcoopers (resized).png

#4579 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yes, not those under any circumstances!

Make it this beer if you can get it.

Great suggestion! Was just going to post Coopers Pale, especially since they are made locally to me.

Maybe...

https://www.uniteddistributors.ca/beers_ciders/united_distributors_products_beers_ciders_coopers_pale_ale.html#simple1

#4580 1 year ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

Yes, not those under any circumstances!
Make it this beer if you can get it.

Great suggestion! Was just going to post Coopers Pale, especially since they are made locally to me.
Maybe...
https://www.uniteddistributors.ca/beers_ciders/united_distributors_products_beers_ciders_coopers_pale_ale.html#simple1

Never had a Cooper’s. Looks delicious!

#4581 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Fantastic brewer from South Australia
probably introduced Pale Ale to main stream Australian drinking culture.

#4582 1 year ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Not to bust your pinBALLS but Fosters is a Japanese beer. Owned by Asahi Breweries out of Tokyo Japan

#4583 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not to bust your pinBALLS but Fosters is a Japanese beer. Owned by Asahi Breweries out of Tokyo Japan

And the Japanese are very welcome to it. Very ordinary stuff

#4584 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Certainly worth tracking some down if you can as they are distributed in the US. Their is just something fantastic about how that beer tastes that they have achieved that's hard to define.

Good thing is, even though they are a mainstream brand now, the Pale still tastes exactly the same as it did decades ago.

#4585 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Only 130K on mine.
Do you have the contrasting wheel well trim?
I’ve been told it’s uncommon and was a regional option in the South and possible other US areas.
There are none in the northeast that I’ve seen. I’ve had a couple other Landcruiser owners ask me over the years where they could get it. It looks nice but also keeps dirt/ salt from kicking up on the sides.
My local dealer traded a Florida dealer another new vehicle for mine.

I bought mine 7 yrs ago at 135K miles. First vehicle I ever bought over 100K miles I planned to keep long term and considered low miles. Mine does not have the wheel arch trim. It is my understanding there was a mega dealer in the south called Gulf States Toyota that specified that part and they were installed at the port. That dealer sold a lot of Land Cruisers.

To bring back on topic. I wish Haggis much success. I really want to see them pull through and the game is a true looker.

#4586 1 year ago

Bloody hell that thing is flippin beautiful.

#4587 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Fantastic brewer from South Australia
probably introduced Pale Ale to main stream Australian drinking culture.

Yes ale was introduced to australia not long ago when coopers started making it.

Certainly not when the poms emigrated here and brought beer... Because the aboriginies drank lager that the Germans and Dutch brought here 400 years ago...

Pale ale got here with Coopers? C'mon Andy...

beerrun3 (resized).jpgbeerrun3 (resized).jpg

MyFavouriteBeerButTheyDidn'tInventItPunkin

#4588 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Being owned by a Japanese company hardly makes the beer a ‘Japanese’ beer. I suppose you’d also say Budweiser is Belgium/Brazilian Beer?

#4589 1 year ago

Looks fantastic.
Congratulations Haggis Pinball and visualmagic

While the majority of us here are making sexy eyes at this machine I have to say the little detail that caught my attention first was the Kangaroo on the glass.
Made In Australia baby.
Awesome.

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#4590 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Being owned by a Japanese company hardly makes the beer a ‘Japanese’ beer. I suppose you’d also say Budweiser is Belgium/Brazilian Beer?

2 main companies in the world that make beer. It's like transport, closed industry.

#4591 1 year ago

Cannot wait to receive my email. Etienne

#4592 1 year ago

great video, looks sweet, enjoy

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Well now I'm extra confused because in the video Damian explicitly states that due to the coating, the playfields cannot be polished.

my friend said it isn't advised as well, but you can though will result in minute scratches in time

#4594 1 year ago
Quoted from cyroute:

It doesnt look like they used the standard Bally metal arm on the spinner and it looks like it just doesnt rip like the originals.

Really? I used to own a Fathom and it looks pretty much the same to me.

#4596 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I love an Asahi black from time to time. If i want a change from my Coopers ( and others) Pale Ale.

#4597 1 year ago

Dirty lager.

#4598 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

2 main companies in the world that make beer. It's like transport, closed industry.

In the US, every major city has multiple micro-breweries producing beer much better than the large companies

#4599 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes ale was introduced to australia not long ago when coopers started making it.
Certainly not when the poms emigrated here and brought beer... Because the aboriginies drank lager that the Germans and Dutch brought here 400 years ago...
Pale ale got here with Coopers? C'mon Andy...
[quoted image]
MyFavouriteBeerButTheyDidn'tInventItPunkin

I would move that pallet to the ground level. Looks like a pain to take a new case off the top like that. I can imagine running out and trying to use the scissor lift to retrieve more beer after having too many.

#4600 1 year ago

If it's true that a Celts all ready has wear by the flippers, then that's not good at all. It's the opposite of what we'd be hoping for. But without pictures it's hard to know the truth.

Although Haggis did that rolling test and the perspex seemed to hold up well, the ball doesn't actually roll away from the flippers during normal pinball gameplay. The ball is actually driven into, or sorta slams, into the pf with quite a lot of force before rolling out. Not the same as a gentle roll at all like the test.

I think it's shown in that slowmo guys video, but it's been a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/92?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.