Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 156.
#4402 1 year ago

Sorry to hear that mate
If that's not proof enough to the blind sheep that follow him that he's a sensationalist shitc$&% then i don't know what is.
Don't feel the need to pander to the one's in this thread asking for unboxing/game vids (Don, i mean you!!) Fk them!! sick of reading all the whinging posts (Don i mean YOU!!)

#4403 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Honestly - everyone's answer is going to be theory and conjecture as Haggis doesn't communicate often.
The game is finished and is quite stunning, but we only know about 2 that have actually shipped at this point - the prototype to Planetary Pinball and the first production game to a lucky buyer in Australia (about 3 weeks ago).
My assumption is they are stuck waiting on components to come in before they can ship more games....but I tend to be an optimist. There are a few jackwads on this thread that spew Deeproot 2.0 vomit on a daily basis, but we just laugh and talk about beer and fun Australian culture to pass the time.
I would encourage you to join us - but don't pay more than the initial spot price.

I have no skin in the game, but I don't understand how they've just shipped 2 machines. I understand parts shortages but, that's all they could get out? Not enough parts for 5 machines? 10? I hope they come through for everyone.

#4404 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

So, somebody sent me a clip of Kaneda talking about me. He appears obsessed...
It appears he thinks that I've had some arrangement to make a video for Haggis (I've not, I'm only reacting to a few requests here).
He says I'm moving in to my next multi million dollar house (I have been living week to week and in debt most of my life aside from a recent business project that I worked really hard on to succeed and afforded this hobby, which I justify, as it holds value compared to savings in a bank. Also my house was destroyed in a flood with various machines. He knows nothing of my finances but he likes sensationalism and to pretend he knows facts when he doesn't).
He also knows about the flood and that this is a difficult time for my family and yet still pushes at me mockingly.
Even if I've had some success in the last 5 years from a 60 hour a week business that finally came off for me, to say things about success like it's a bad taste in your mouth, somewhat reeks of insecurity.
Like seriously, if he, or anyone went from broke to comfortable, from hard work, my comment to them would be congratulations, well done. But psychology 101 will tell you why others feel they need to cut people down for that or say it like it's a character flaw.
I'm not delinquent in making a video. Nobody asked it of me. They are still carpeting a rental property room I'll use for an office and my computer is in a kitchen and not practical to edit.
Why would I bother defending myself?
Because I guess it should be obvious that facts don't get reported by this guy.
And he's using my name with a sneer in his voice. I guess it's a crime to have received one of the 5 series tickets first (statistically possible when 3 of them are in Australia).
But whatever.
I'm not rushing for him or anyone.
I'm also saving his audio clips.
I don't think he knows what the word slander means or that he's dangerously close to that line. Being Australian does not mean I don't have US counsel.
There's a few other things he's spoken of with my name in his mouth. If you hear them, know that there is no truth in them.
If you want actual facts message me, or jump on the phone to me. Whatever, I'm a simple guy with no affiliation to any pinball company, who got a pin in the order I'm meant to, and is moving house and will show some clips in due course. There is no late or early. There is just something I'll do when I get to it.
Honestly hurtful to be targeted incessantly in a trolling manner like this. In my opinion, it comes across as a toxic narrative.
I've cancelled my subscription with him.
He'll read this and perhaps justify his position with slaps and more name calling I'm sure. This feels like abuse.
What a fun guy.

I haven't heard the slander, however it is easy to imagine, I have heard the crap that comes out of that tossers mouth.
Its no wonder special k gets booted off every forum he joined.
He will find any excuse to abuse others and stir up a shit fight, is D0n he's brother ?

I hope the pinball community will refrain from supporting k.
Such a toxic individual in the hobby

Anyway wishing you well with flood recovery.

#4405 1 year ago

Unfortunately entitled bitches constantly spitting their dummy created a monster who appeals to the negative side of this game.

Is Special K a jerk in person? or is it just behind his microphone and keyboard?

#4406 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

It appears he thinks that I've had some arrangement to make a video for Haggis (I've not, I'm only reacting to a few requests here).
He says I'm moving in to my next multi million dollar house (I have been living week to week and in debt most of my life aside from a recent business project that I worked really hard on to succeed and afforded this hobby, which I justify, as it holds value compared to savings in a bank. Also my house was destroyed in a flood with various machines. He knows nothing of my finances but he likes sensationalism and to pretend he knows facts when he doesn't).
He also knows about the flood and that this is a difficult time for my family and yet still pushes at me mockingly.
Even if I've had some success in the last 5 years from a 60 hour a week business that finally came off for me, to say things about success like it's a bad taste in your mouth, somewhat reeks of insecurity.
Like seriously, if he, or anyone went from broke to comfortable, from hard work, my comment to them would be congratulations, well done. But psychology 101 will tell you why others feel they need to cut people down for that or say it like it's a character flaw.
I'm not delinquent in making a video. Nobody asked it of me. They are still carpeting a rental property room I'll use for an office and my computer is in a kitchen and not practical to edit.
And he's using my name with a sneer in his voice. I guess it's a crime to have received one of the 5 series tickets first (statistically possible when 3 of them are in Australia).
But whatever.
I don't think he knows what the word slander means or that he's dangerously close to that line. Being Australian does not mean I don't have US counsel.
There's a few other things he's spoken of with my name in his mouth. If you hear them, know that there is no truth in them.
If you want actual facts message me, or jump on the phone to me. Whatever, I'm a simple guy with no affiliation to any pinball company, who got a pin in the order I'm meant to, and is moving house and will show some clips in due course. There is no late or early. There is just something I'll do when I get to it.
Honestly hurtful to be targeted incessantly in a trolling manner like this. In my opinion, it comes across as a toxic narrative.
He'll read this and perhaps justify his position with slaps and more name calling I'm sure. This feels like abuse.
What a fun guy.

Looks like he is ready to go Top Gun on you.

ADD365C2-333A-4FC7-9E9E-24E7463C890E (resized).jpegADD365C2-333A-4FC7-9E9E-24E7463C890E (resized).jpeg
#4407 1 year ago

Kaneda, “going the gay-way”

#4408 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Kaneda, “going the gay-way”

I think that's more of an insult to gays than to Kaneda. I don't get why people don't just ignore that guy, let alone even pay him. Sure, he's right about some rumours sometimes, and he's wrong other times (somehow those are forgotten easier by some people?).
Too bad we notice that some of the pinsiders just seem to get their views from him. I had several times that I thought 'why are pinsider xxx views on things what they are' to later read in other posts that is mostly taking over Kaneda's view on things.

#4409 1 year ago
Quoted from sven:

I think that's more of an insult to gays than to Kaneda. I don't get why people don't just ignore that guy, let alone even pay him. Sure, he's right about some rumours sometimes, and he's wrong other times (somehow those are forgotten easier by some people?).
Too bad we notice that some of the pinsiders just seem to get their views from him. I had several times that I thought 'why are pinsider xxx views on things what they are' to later read in other posts that is mostly taking over Kaneda's view on things.

Probably should have linked the video. Think a few people didnt get the joke.

#4410 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

But whatever.
What a fun guy.

Don't worry mate , he's just an irrelevant flog .
He dedicated and entire show , attacking and trying to intimidate me , as well .
He's just cut he's got fuck all listeners these days .
There are so many better things you can spend your money on .

#4411 1 year ago

If anyone wants to sell me their spot, I’d pay a small premium. Thanks.

#4412 1 year ago

General observation is that Fathoms are not being built. Four possible reasons for delays. Could be all but there must be a primary reason.

1) labor shortages

2) PARTS stshortages

3) cash shortages

4) management shortages

Labor Shortages - I believe there are at least two people at Haggis who can build games, but we have not seen a second game. In fact we haven’t seen the first one really because only 2 prototypes were built. One was given to Planetary Pinball and the other to the first customer. But no production games have been built. So labor is not the biggest problem.

Parts Shortages - without 100% of parts, games cannot be built. So does the lack of games mean all parts aren’t in? Yes. Wonder what parts are holding things up? Might be cabinets, coin doors, circuit boards and/or mundane items like coils, ramps and switches.

Cash Shortages - without cash, even purchased parts won’t be shipped. There isn’t much money, so that is definitely impacting parts but it would slow things down and not cut them off completely. At some point the need for cash outstrips the supply and bills get prioritized. Getting parts is a top priority so cash is directed towards that first.

Management Shortage - does Haggis know how to build a game? Yes, they’ve built Celts and Fathom prototypes. Does Haggis know how to manufacture 250 Fathoms? They are figuring it out and stumbling along. They have made many costly mistakes but I don’t think lack of manufacturing experience is stopping them dead in their tracks.

Without much info provided by Haggis, it appears PARTS shortages is the primary reason production won’t start. What are those parts? If Haggis could get these items, we would start seeing progress. Interestingly the parts business is one of partial orders. If you need 8 coils per game or 2000 in total, you might divide that across a couple of suppliers and delivery might trickle in as 250, 400, 350, 500 and 500 units over time, but once the first 250 showed up, that would be sufficient to start production. With maybe 500 parts needed in the game -> ordering, receiving, unboxing, checking and storing parts requires a lot of attention and a physical footprint. A pic of parts bins stuffed to capacity would be the sexiest thing we see all week.

#4413 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One was given to Planetary Pinball and the other to the first customer

The machine that went to visualmagic was NOT a prototype..get your head in the game FFS
The rest is just the same Blahh Blahhh speculation we've heard over and over!!

#4414 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The machine that went to visualmagic was NOT a prototype..get your head in the game FFS
The rest is just the same Blahh Blahhh speculation we've heard over and over!!

Prove it, pretty sure it was the same prototype we’ve seen for months. You’ll notice we never saw the game properly boxed for shipping. Likewise we saw no unboxing, packing material, cardboard nor pallet, as the game was sitting on the floor at start of the video. It was just enclosed in cardboard, trucked and delivered with a dolly.

#4415 1 year ago

Prove it. I think it was.

Sadly, no one can prove anything, because Haggis hasn't given any explanations nor have they continued to ship out games after the first one.

So just a lot of mystery and speculation for now. The ones that say everything is fine are also just guessing. Since things are obviously not fine.

#4416 1 year ago

Just about to sleep, but here's a photo of the machine before cutting the plastic off it if that helps Jeff believe it's a real machine?

There's no conspiracy. Unpacked this like any Stern really. Not the same exact packaging but similar.

PXL_20220513_113427235 (resized).jpgPXL_20220513_113427235 (resized).jpg
#4417 1 year ago
Quoted from sven:

Well he's right a lot more often than hes wrong. Like a lot a lot. If he does get something wrong he will let everyone know as soon as he can. Perhaps some of the people he makes big mad can point out some things where he was just flat out wrong and didn't correct the record nearly immediately or ever.

A funny idea for a bit: Since so many people are worried about people criticizing things even though they don't have any "skin in the game" how about you can't criticize Kaneda unless you are subbed to his patreon lol

#4418 1 year ago

I saw on Aussie Arcade earlier, Haggis are bringing a Fathom and Celts to Newcastle Pinfest in September

#4419 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Just about to sleep, but here's a photo of the machine before cutting the plastic off it if that helps Jeff believe it's a real machine?
There's no conspiracy. Unpacked this like any Stern really. Not the same exact packaging but similar.
[quoted image]

Any pictures of the reflecto cab?

#4420 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

A funny idea for a bit: Since so many people are worried about people criticizing things even though they don't have any "skin in the game" how about you can't criticize Kaneda unless you are subbed to his patreon lol

I'm not part of 'many people who are worried about people criticizing things even though they don't have any "skin in the game"', so no, I don't think I'm not entitled to criticize someone or something unless I have a 'skin in the game'. It gets different (in my opinion) if someone keeps repeating himself over and over and over again, be that with or without involvement in the subject. Or maybe criticizing is done out of proportion. I know...that's quite subjective.

#4421 1 year ago

Following this thread as I ordered the standard edition. Not sure if this thread is only for the mermaid, but figured I would follow along in case there is news of standard builds here as well.

#4422 1 year ago
Quoted from sven:

I'm not part of 'many people who are worried about people criticizing things even though they don't have any "skin in the game"', so no, I don't think I'm not entitled to criticize someone or something unless I have a 'skin in the game'. It gets different (in my opinion) if someone keeps repeating himself over and over and over again, be that with or without involvement in the subject. Or maybe criticizing is done out of proportion. I know...that's quite subjective.

I'm in full agreement with you FWIW

#4423 1 year ago
Quoted from blue95:

I saw on Aussie Arcade earlier, Haggis are bringing a Fathom and Celts to Newcastle Pinfest in September

The organiser of Pinfest told me yesterday he doesn't know if Haggis is attending or not. They were also bringing 2 machines last year but didn't (lock downs).

Edit; last night they announced Haggis with Celts and fathom, so i won't have to take mine.

Everyone here is saying only 2 machines have shipped. How would you people know how many have shipped?

There's only 2 people here who have said they have games is all, not the same thing.

#4424 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:Just about to sleep, but here's a photo of the machine before cutting the plastic off it if that helps Jeff believe it's a real machine?
[quoted image]

It looks great! Is the head (back box) on hinges?

#4425 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

How would you people know how many have shipped?

There's only 2 people here who have said they have games is all, not the same thing.

So you think the people that got this new hot game.. are really hermits who want to keep it a secret from everyone else?

Or you think there is secretly some accumulating stash of completed games waiting for something? While all the Aussie buyers sit with thumbs up their butts waiting for their games?

#4426 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So you think the people that got this new hot game.. are really hermits who want to keep it a secret from everyone else?
Or you think there is secretly some accumulating stash of completed games waiting for something? While all the Aussie buyers sit with thumbs up their butts waiting for their games?

No, i think that pinside is not the whole world.

I think that there are pinball people who don't do forums.

I don't have my thumb up my arse and i don't know why waiting would make you think of that. Or perhaps i do

#4427 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

[quoted image]

Holy shit! That game is………………………gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

#4428 1 year ago

Prove it, pretty sure it was the same prototype we’ve seen for months. You’ll notice we never saw the game properly boxed for shipping. Likewise we saw no unboxing, packing material, cardboard nor pallet, as the game was sitting on the floor at start of the video. It was just enclosed in cardboard, trucked and delivered with a dolly.

This makes me laugh so hard.
I think you need to try harder on your conspiracy.

#4429 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

If anyone wants to sell me their spot, I’d pay a small premium. Thanks.

I msg'ed you. I have 1 spot left to sell. I'm the only person with a spot for sale. You're not going to find another.

$5k firm. Then $7900 when your game is ready to box. That's only $12,900 into a beautiful fathom mermaid that we all know will be worth $20k+ when it arrives at your home.

$12,900 is about the price of a stern LE if you can find one.

#4430 1 year ago

Haggis HAS been sending daily updates on their game.

Unfortunately, due to supply chain issues no one has received them.

#4431 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I msg'ed you. I have 1 spot left to sell. I'm the only person with a spot for sale. You're not going to find another.
$5k firm. Then $7900 when your game is ready to box. That's only $12,900 into a beautiful fathom mermaid that we all know will be worth $20k+ when it arrives at your home.
$12,900 is about the price of a stern LE if you can find one.

We know the machines will probably never be made or it will be years before they ship if they are made. Your deposit is worthless. You even stated unless machines start shipping no one will want to buy a deposit. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence should laugh in your face at a asking price of $5000. At this point of time it’s not even worth what you paid for it!

#4432 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

We know the machines will probably never be made or it will be years before they ship if they are made. Your deposit is worthless. You even stated unless machines start shipping no one will want to buy a deposit. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence should laugh in your face at a asking price of $5000. At this point of time it’s not even worth what you paid for it!

I've already sold one $5k spot to a savvy buyer who understands what this opportunity represents... a $7k savings minimum.

You can always wait until the games get shipped and pay $20k for one on pinside marketplace... if you can find one.

#4433 1 year ago

He must be texting everyone who had an interest. I won’t deal with his ilk, this is a fun hobby and there are many people who will help you out or take a small finders but others just want to muck it up and make a big deal.

#4434 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, i think that pinside is not the whole world.

I think that there are pinball people who don't do forums.

..who also don't talk to anyone.. or have social media.. or connect with anyone who does do social media.. pinside... or FB. BUT they were connected enough to know to buy this boutique game from this upstart in Oz.

I'm sure the Yeti is enjoying his Fathom as we speak. The lockness monster told a friend his is on the truck too.

#4435 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

He must be texting everyone who had an interest. I won’t deal with his ilk, this is supposed to be a fun hobby and there are so many people who will help you out or take a small finders fee if there really is a big price delta, but others just want to muck it up and take a quick profit.

You think someone smart enough to get in early and having their money tied up for nearly a year is worth just a "small finders fee"?

Good luck with your search.

#4436 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looks like he is ready to go Top Gun on you.
[quoted image]

What a poser/tool! When I saw him at Pinfest a few years ago he was wearing a “play rugby” T-shirt and hipster jeans and jacket with lots of pre-applied patches on them. For how big he talks you would think he was a tough guy but he actually looked like a wimpy little fellow.
If he’s on a rugby team he’s probably the towel or water boy!
We all know that he dreams of being able to post again here on Pinside

#4437 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Everyone here is saying only 2 machines have shipped. How would you people know how many have shipped?

Two reasons I don't think they shipped significantly more than we know about:

Reason 1. I think it's likely most people who ordered this game are active in a pinball community, somewhere, likely online or even within their own community, possibly in a league even. Something like this gets out quick when a local gets a rare game in my pin community, and that's like hey I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that has x. News travels fast. It's a picture magnet, people want to brag they were able to even see a rare title let alone play it or photograph it. Therefore I would expect to see at least some posts like this on FB or pinside.

Reason 2. Haggis is getting a ton of flack and bad PR. Boxes of parts being shown instead of people building games. People are talking about this a lot. With word out that they only shipped 1-2 games, if they shipped 10 I think they would be showing it, telling it, shouting it to the clouds IMO.

#4438 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Two reasons I don't think they shipped significantly more than we know about:
Reason 1. I think it's likely most people who ordered this game are active in a pinball community, somewhere, likely online or even within their own community, possibly in a league even. Something like this gets out quick when a local gets a rare game in my pin community, and that's like hey I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that has x. News travels fast. It's a picture magnet, people want to brag they were able to even see a rare title let alone play it or photograph it. Therefore I would expect to see at least some posts like this on FB or pinside.
Reason 2. Haggis is getting a ton of flack and bad PR. Boxes of parts being shown instead of people building games. People are talking about this a lot. With word out that they only shipped 1-2 games, if they shipped 10 I think they would be showing it, telling it, shouting it to the clouds IMO.

All your points start with 'i think'. That was my point.
I never said more than two have shipped, i asked how do people here who are claiming it to be a fact KNOW it is a fact?

Quoted from punkin:

#4439 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I've already sold one $5k spot to a savvy buyer who understands what this opportunity represents... a $7k savings minimum.
You can always wait until the games get shipped and pay $20k for one on pinside marketplace... if you can find one.

This scenario doesn't account for a failure to deliver, a price hike, or the time value of money. Every buyer should have a well thought out model of their own that leads to an asset price. There are rational processes to derive a value anywhere from next to zero to the large premiums you advocate for.

Until everything is played out no one can do anything but speculate on who is savvy.

#4440 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

A few days ago you were crying for updates and demanding a refund, now it’s a $20,000 machine!
If it’s a $20,000 machine you are selling yourself WAY short and leaving too much money on the table.
You are clearly operating in full on/balls to the wall ” Pump and Dump” mode and really need to work on your sales skills.

#4441 1 year ago

Judging people on their clothes is a thing there?

You'd think there was enough evidence to judge him on his actions rather than his appearance.

#4442 1 year ago

If it’s a $20,000 machine you are selling yourself WAY short and leaving too much money on the table.

Let's say haggis ships the other 249 mermaids. What do you think a NIB mermaid will be worth? If not $20k, then how much?

#4443 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Judging people on their clothes is a thing there?
You'd think there was enough evidence to judge him on his actions rather than his appearance.

Sorry for not stating that I previously judged him by his actions and posts here on Pinside. The hipster/poser clothes were the bow on the Xmas package.

#4444 1 year ago

Sorry for not stating that I previously judged him by his actions and posts here on Pinside. The hipster/poser clothes were the bow on the Xmas package.

I like it.

#4445 1 year ago

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have the ultimategameroom

https://vimeo.com/712642171

#4446 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Let's say haggis ships the other 249 mermaids. What do you think a NIB mermaid will be worth? If not $20k, then how much?

You have already convinced me and most likely anyone who would ever consider buying a deposit through your endless negative posts stating that machines shipping in the near future is very unlikely. It may never happen or be a few years!

You better keep pumping hard and only post positive things all day/ everyday because as each day goes by your deposit is worth less and less.

You’ve been yelling that the Titanic is gonna sink on it’s maiden voyage and trying to scalp return tickets back to Ireland at the same time!

#4447 1 year ago

You have already convinced me and most likely anyone who would ever consider buying a deposit through your endless negative posts stating that machines shipping in the near future is very unlikely. It may never happen or be a few years!
You better keep pumping hard and only post positive things all day/ everyday because as each day goes by your deposit is worth less and less.
You’ve been yelling that the Titanic is gonna sink on it’s maiden voyage and trying to scalp return tickets back to Ireland at the same time!

as expected, you failed to answer the question.

What do you think a NIB mermaid will be worth?

#4448 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have the ultimategameroom
https://vimeo.com/712642171

It’s my handle because my friends nicknamed my game room.
It’s an inside joke.
“It’s the ultimate gameroom because it’s like Dave and Busters but the games , food, beer and liquor are all Free!”

#4449 1 year ago

It’s my handle because my friends nicknamed my game room.
It’s an inside joke.
“It’s the ultimate gameroom because it’s like Dave and Busters but the games , food, beer and liquor are all Free!”

You should probably change the name to okgameroom. I've got the ultimategameroom title sewn up.

#4450 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

You should probably change the name to okgameroom. I've got the ultimategameroom title sewn up.

Its not a dick swinging contest.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.