CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 154.
#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

And the other 249 preorders will be worth squat.

Lucky you, going to get lots of squat!
Again sounds like your panicking about all the pre-order spots you bought and now your feeling the pressure .
I'm enjoying this because I knew one day some flipper would get stuck with machines or pre order spots...
Sadly it's not going to be you Haggis will produce and get your games out to you ,hoping they are the last ones made.
You should just leave this thread and watch your email for your 4 final invoices

#4352 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

If you think I'm wrong... buy the spots for 5k each. Put up or shut up

If you are so worried you will never get your game , then sell it at cost and shut up already ! No company will want to rush a shipment for someone talking smack, I have been waiting on games over a year and I'm not crying like you...

#4353 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Someone here argued at least Damian hasn’t raised prices like other manufacturers. Seriously?

Seriously , they haven't and if you think they're going to , that doesn't mean they have .
Until Haggis rips off someone , I'm on their side .

#4354 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You are most welcome
BTW, do you still have your own teeth?

Ah, i thought that question was related to being a fuckwit and getting knocked out, lol

Screenshot_20220522-163719_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220522-163719_Google (resized).jpg
#4355 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ah, i thought that question was related to being a fuckwit and getting knocked out, lol
[quoted image]

classic Aussie

#4356 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

[quoted image]

lol. Actual pic of d0n on a Satruday night at the pub.

#4357 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

lol. Actual pic of d0n on a Satruday night at the pub.

Careful, the North Americans don't think we really do that for sport.

#4358 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Careful, the North Americans don't think we really do that for sport.

Bundy fuelled fighting machines !

#4359 1 year ago

careful you guys,got a 48 hr ban from the Haggis Owners thread I started because I had a go at our friend don.Great moderating that????????????????

#4360 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

That's a pretty simple story.
Wayne had the only one in Australia. I'm an optimist who has been following the work in the Netherlands getting these going and I hope to put in the hours to follow their steps.
I reached out to Wayne who had it listed, and he kindly allowed me to purchase it at a fair price.
I've been collecting a few notes from Eric Bartels in the Netherlands until I find time to work on it.
I don't imagine the project will be quick. The game is basically unplayable until the works are done.
But I knew that on purchase so had built that into my expectations.
Cost about 1.5 that of an LE, and it's not only a curio, but a beautiful looking game with potential to restore to it's intended outcome. With only 1 of 1 in Australia I justified it to myself. After works I can't see me losing on it.
Certainly pretty!

I still have a Wizard Blocks and a Croc Hunter Prototype and Oktoberfest Proto

#4361 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:I'm 55. Very handsome too. Thank you. This is my buddy T-Pain.
[quoted image]

"The Next Haggis Pin" T-Pain.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RDEMtgOtT4Ti-6vJDszdEZ28iA&playnext=1

#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I totally agree he'll need at least an extra $3k each to finish these mermaids. That email is coming.
BUT who in their right mind will send haggis the final payment of $7900 plus an extra $3000 at this point? He's dicked us all over for months with his fake deadlines, staged video and his silence. He hasn't been forthcoming like he was on Celts. No one trusts him now.

Well, I mean, I know of one person that can't trust him from this thread. And he doesnt ever shut up.

#4363 1 year ago

Direct quote from a certain recent sales post:
“As with any pinball preorder, patience is necessary.”
Practice what you preach comes to mind. Especially in these times.

#4364 1 year ago

Pinball is really hard to manufacture. Rick got Fathom #1 to approve many months ago. Now Fathom #2 is with the first guy in Australia. Other Fathoms were shown so you would think by the end of May Fathom #3 - #5 would be shipping. If things were really going ok, Fathom #6 - #10 would be on the way also. Then hopefully get 10 - 25 done per month this year.

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Direct quote from a certain recent sales post:
“As with any pinball preorder, patience is necessary.”
Practice what you preach comes to mind. Especially in these times.

I’ve never seen a scalper relentlessly stating things look horribly bleak and demanding a refund all the while trying to sell spots for 4x original cost. It’s bizarre!
People who don’t have the intestinal fortitude to wait out a delay should never order a single preorder spot let alone multiples.

#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Pinball is really hard to manufacture. Rick got Fathom #1 to approve many months ago. Now Fathom #2 is with the first guy in Australia. Other Fathoms were shown so you would think by the end of May Fathom #3 - #5 would be shipping. If things were really going ok, Fathom #6 - #10 would be on the way also. Then hopefully get 10 - 25 done per month this year.

Damian told me on Friday that more Fathoms have shipped out and mine should be going out the second week in June.

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Damian told me on Friday that more Fathoms have shipped out and mine should be going out the second week in June

Now your just going to upset dOn again!
Because we all know they secretly have gone bankrupt!

#4368 1 year ago

I agree with whomever thinks Don is trying to get other people to sell their spots so he can buy them to flip.

It otherwise makes no sense why he’s constant with the gloom and doom talk while also buying other peoples spots to flip and not willing to take a small profit off the ones he does have.

Most flippers are constantly trying to pump if they think it’ll fall apart. Don is actually the most confident of all. (Or maybe trying to be a squeaky wheel and get his before the collapse in an attempt to shut him up)

#4369 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Damian told me on Friday that more Fathoms have shipped out and mine should be going out the second week in June.

That's really interesting. I highly doubt he's putting one or two games in a container and shipping it to the United States. So then, where are these games shipping to and how are they being shipped? And why no dramatic videos of the games being boxed? Why no owners posting that their games are boxed and enroute to their homes?

Go Haggis!

Are you a season ticket holder and your game will be "going out" in 3 weeks? What does "going out" even mean? Going into a container with 40 other games and being sent to the USA?

I want to be wrong. I really do ...but you all feel it too.

#4370 1 year ago

d0n only has a voice if you listen or read what he is writing. If you put him on ghost mentally he does not exist..

#4371 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I agree with whomever thinks Don is trying to get other people to sell their spots so he can buy them to flip.

Absolutely not. I would not buy another fathom spot right now even if it were offered at half price. It's too risky. If they post some videos of games being built and shipped then these spots will become valuable again. Right now, you'd be better off taking that $1100 US dollars and go buy scratch offs at the gas station.

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

d0n only has a voice if you listen or read what he is writing. If you put him on ghost mentally he does not exist..

agreed. if you don't think I'm right then absolutely put me on ignore.

#4373 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

That's really interesting. I highly doubt he's putting one or two games in a container and shipping it to the United States. So then, where are these games shipping to and how are they being shipped? And why no dramatic videos of the games being boxed? Why no owners posting that their games are boxed and enroute to their homes?
Go Haggis!
Are you a season ticket holder and your game will be "going out" in 3 weeks? What does "going out" even mean? Going into a container with 40 other games and being sent to the USA?

My game is not going on a boat. I will be air freighting it. 7-10 days and I should have it. Will let you know once I confirm its ready to ship.

#4374 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I would not buy another fathom spot right now even if it were offered at half price.

I would. Sell me yours at half price. You'd probably still come out ahead. Then you could be free of having to worry any longer and we would be free from having to read your posts. Win-win.

#4375 1 year ago

I like your style!

Quoted from Pmaino:

My game is not going on a boat. I will be air freighting it. 7-10 days and I should have it. Will let you know once I confirm its ready to ship.

#4376 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Go Haggis!

Then why don’t you cash out now instead of trying to quintuple your investment? I’m sure you could easily sell all of yours spots and make a couple hundred bucks on each

But you feel confident that they will be built and this gamble will be worth it…

And I really don’t get Pinheads speculating on pins. So many easier things to speculate on. But I get it to some degree. Rich pinheads are dumb and easy to part with their money.

#4377 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

a fairly recent Celts shipment to Florida via DHL took 10 days and cost $1,600.
Vermont is quite a bit farther so it might take longer and cost more?

#4378 1 year ago

besides Alex moss, is there another series ticket holder who has rec'd their mermaid? Or even a tracking number?

It's pretty much a given that season ticket holders are slightly more wealthy than the rest of us and would more than likely have their games air freighted ...which takes about 10 days to get from haggis to the United States.

It's been almost 4 weeks since they showed the boxing of game number 30. That's plenty of time for at least one other game to have been built, shipped out and rec'd... no? They can build 50 games a month Damian stated.

Alex is the ONLY person so far to recieve a mermaid? Why is everyone not asking the same questions?

Inquiring minds want to know because knowing is half the battle.

Knowing (resized).jpgKnowing (resized).jpg
#4379 1 year ago

It's probably good that my fathom hasn't shipped... I don't know where to put it?!

https://vimeo.com/712642171

#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

a fairly recent Celts shipment to Florida via DHL took 10 days and cost $1,600.
Vermont is quite a bit farther so it might take longer and cost more?

They quoted me $1500 to Vermont.

#4381 1 year ago

My understanding is the USA batch of games were all being shipped by boat to keep the cost down. Air Freight is $1500 , Celts has been fantastic, stunning quality, extremely challenging. Dreaming of my 2nd Haggis machine, goal is to never miss a game from Haggis, Love the people and quality so far. More transparency would be nice, i really hope Damion and Marty reach out if they need help, alot of deep pockets iam sure would invest!! Go Haggis!!!

#4382 1 year ago

Got some correspondence from Damien today. My game has been pushed back a couple of weeks. Not the news I had hoped for but at least I’m being informed.

#4383 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It's probably good that my fathom hasn't shipped... I don't know where to put it?!
https://vimeo.com/712642171

You know what dOn , that's a pretty nice game room you have there . Now if u could be just a nice guy maybe you would get more respect , relax a little...

#4384 1 year ago

Reading through this, I don't know what to think LMAO. Seems like there are extremes on both sides- some believe these games are going to be delivered no problem, while some are fearing doom and gloom. Also some in the middle.. cautiously optimistic while some cautiously pessimistic.

All I'm going to add is this- to me and my family, losing out on $9K would be a major hit. Just the facts. But I'm realistic and have nothing against anyone that is in good enough financial standing to take the $9K hit.

and finally- Go Haggis! I have (blind) faith that if they knew they couldn't do it, they wouldn't pretend they could and certainly wouldn't take our cash.

#4385 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Got some correspondence from Damien today. My game has been pushed back a couple of weeks. Not the news I had hoped for but at least I’m being informed.

Getting yours quicker than me!
Should be worth the wait Dude

#4386 1 year ago

I have no horse in this race, but I went through this with the original Alien, and as this situation seems very much like the situation back then I wanted to share my opinion.

As I see it these companies always have the best intentions, no way that I am accusing anybody of anything in that regard, but what gets them is often the problem that stuff takes longer than expected due to any number of reasons. That makes that the available money is burning quicker than excpected and at some time they just run out of money.

That is then compensated with the promise that the machines are almost ready and the request to pay the remainder of the amount that has to be paid to get the machine they ordered. Then the company can deliver some machines and everybody gets excited again because machines are being delivered, so everything looks ok and money is being transferred no questions asked.

But the money will run out again before all machines have been made. Often the company will try to announce another machine to gather more money (Jpop and Dutch Pinball did this) in order to fill the hole just to dig another one.

I sincerely hope for all involved that this is not the case, but it sure as hell feels like it (I have been following this for some time now). I felt the need to make these comments as most of the postings are either very positive or very negative and the negative ones get shot down without consideration.

If I were in the position of a buyer, I would now not pay the remainder, but wait until the machine is ready to ship. This is bad for the company but the company should be the one that is responsible for being able to deliver what they sold, not the customer.

If I were the manufacturer and I would be in this kind of situation, I would talk to my customers and be more transparent. Most of us do not mind to pay a bit more to get a nice Pinball machine and the ones that do should be made aware of the situation. That is the only decent way to handle things. I know this might be difficult and even frightening, but maybe also the only way to get out of the problems and be able to fulfill all the obligations made. I firmly believe that is what all these guys want.

Hope the best for Haggis, I LOVE what they do and the machines are oozing of detail and love for pinball. I hope I am very wrong and that everything is ok and the world will be 250 Mermaids richer at some time.

#4387 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

losing out on $9K would be a major hit

Except that the loudest whingers in this thread have either not paid anything or, at most, have only paid the $2k deposit.

#4388 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I have no horse in this race, but I went through this with the original Alien, and as this situation seems very much like the situation back then I wanted to share my opinion.
As I see it these companies always have the best intentions, no way that I am accusing anybody of anything in that regard, but what gets them is often the problem that stuff takes longer than expected due to any number of reasons. That makes that the available money is burning quicker than excpected and at some time they just run out of money.
That is then compensated with the promise that the machines are almost ready and the request to pay the remainder of the amount that has to be paid to get the machine they ordered. Then the company can deliver some machines and everybody gets excited again because machines are being delivered, so everything looks ok and money is being transferred no questions asked.
But the money will run out again before all machines have been made. Often the company will try to announce another machine to gather more money (Jpop and Dutch Pinball did this) in order to fill the hole just to dig another one.
I sincerely hope for all involved that this is not the case, but it sure as hell feels like it (I have been following this for some time now). I felt the need to make these comments as most of the postings are either very positive or very negative and the negative ones get shot down without consideration.
If I were in the position of a buyer, I would now not pay the remainder, but wait until the machine is ready to ship. This is bad for the company but the company should be the one that is responsible for being able to deliver what they sold, not the customer.
If I were the manufacturer and I would be in this kind of situation, I would talk to my customers and be more transparent. Most of us do not mind to pay a bit more to get a nice Pinball machine and the ones that do should be made aware of the situation. That is the only decent way to handle things. I know this might be difficult and even frightening, but maybe also the only way to get out of the problems and be able to fulfill all the obligations made. I firmly believe that is what all these guys want.
Hope the best for Haggis, I LOVE what they do and the machines are oozing of detail and love for pinball. I hope I am very wrong and that everything is ok and the world will be 250 Mermaids richer at some time.

I'm sincerely very sorry you had a bad experience with Heighway Pinball. Best wishes to you.

#4389 1 year ago

What happened to “ The balance will be due when the machine is boxed, ready for shipping “

034449B1-AE77-42FB-AE7B-EB2565D0C1DD (resized).png034449B1-AE77-42FB-AE7B-EB2565D0C1DD (resized).png
#4390 1 year ago

Haggis made good on every Celts game correct?

That's probably why many of us aren't listening to the Trolls.

Mermaids will come as well.

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Haggis made good on every Celts game correct?
That's probably why many of us aren't listening to the Trolls.
Mermaids will come as well.

Heighway made good on all the full throttles too. I remember this exact argument coming up when people started getting worried about Alien. Not saying this is necessarily the case with Haggis, but delivering on Celts is not a guarantee of anything regarding the future.

#4392 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Except that the loudest whingers in this thread have either not paid anything or, at most, have only paid the $2k deposit.

I consider pinside to be a large sampling of the pinball community and treat posts as such in every thread, not just this one. Sure having a deposit down on a game means you're into it for money, but I'm not sure how that somehow translates into being the only ones that can speak to the circumstances we are seeing with Haggis.

People put deposits down and were told the balance would be required when the machine was boxed and ready.. that is NOT happening. At what stage should anyone be concerned?

#4393 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I consider pinside to be a large sampling of the pinball community and treat posts as such in every thread, not just this one. Sure having a deposit down on a game means you're into it for money, but I'm not sure how that somehow translates into being the only ones that can speak to the circumstances we are seeing with Haggis.
People put deposits down and were told the balance would be required when the machine was boxed and ready.. that is NOT happening. At what stage should anyone be concerned?

Try being a builder in Australia at the moment.Supply and labour issues abound.ONE component,base material to make laminated beams that used to come from Russia and the Ukraine is causing major headaches in the construction industry here.So relating this to issues that Haggis are also probably having to deal with it is no wonder there are time delays.Those that continue to badger and whinge about their obvious speculator deposits are of no help to anyone and only cause grief and anxiety.So far what has been delivered by Haggis no one has complained about the quality which for me is far more important than waiting a long time and then receiving an inferior product that was rushed out to appease the speculators.

#4394 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

If you follow that deep root fiasco you'll find that there are people that believe there is no reason that is cause for concern. No missed deadline, no raising of prices, no lack of communication. Dr was still getting suckers at the very end.

Some of them ended up here, so yea... Not saying Haggis is Dr, but they have the same interested purchasers!

#4395 1 year ago

Can anyone summarize the situation?? If I was to buy somebody’s spot, is there a worry about if the games will be built and shipped?

I just wouldn’t want to pay ‘extra’ above the initial deposit to get in on a chancy situation.

Thanks

#4396 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Can anyone summarize the situation?? If I was to buy somebody’s spot, is there a worry about if the games will be built and shipped?
I just wouldn’t want to pay ‘extra’ above the initial deposit to get in on a chancy situation.
Thanks

Don't pay extra. The guy that's trying to scalp you didn't pay extra, so why should you?

If he was that confident he'd get the game then he'd sell the game nib after a year, not the spot because he's scared.

#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks

Summary is: Some pre-order spot buyers are scared Haggis won't actually ship out the machines, but apparently not quite scared enough to just sell their spot at the price they bought it.

Pre-order spots were $1000 originally I believe, so if you don't want to overpay, ignore every Mermaid Edition pre-order spot that is above that price.

#4398 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Honestly - everyone's answer is going to be theory and conjecture as Haggis doesn't communicate often.

The game is finished and is quite stunning, but we only know about 2 that have actually shipped at this point - the prototype to Planetary Pinball and the first production game to a lucky buyer in Australia (about 3 weeks ago).

My assumption is they are stuck waiting on components to come in before they can ship more games....but I tend to be an optimist. There are a few jackwads on this thread that spew Deeproot 2.0 vomit on a daily basis, but we just laugh and talk about beer and fun Australian culture to pass the time.

I would encourage you to join us - but don't pay more than the initial spot price.

#4399 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks

If you’re a speculator, don’t buy a spot and then carry on for pages about how you’ve been ripped off because Haggis didn’t meet the deadlines required for you to make a 400% gain on your "investment".

There is a risk. They are the same risks inherent supporting any boutique pinball startup and are well known to anyone on Pinside.

The facts are Haggis have produced and delivered all the Celts they promised. Everyone is happy with them. They’ve delivered 2 Fathoms so far and there have been delays. They are subject to the same manufacturing constraints every pinball company has been subject to for the past couple of years. Communication has been patchy.

If you listen to Kaneda, definitely don’t buy a spot. There is a direct correlation between the hyperbolic panic orgy that spills into this thread and his Haggis shitcasts.

#4400 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks

Agree as above. I see a spot open for 2.5k on pinside but do not pay over the odds.Having said that if anyone wants to sell their direct from Haggis pre order spot for original Oz amount let me know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/88?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.