image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 157.
#4301 1 year ago

Watch this

It’s a wood and plastic layer bonded together to be as thick as a normal playfield. It’s not just a thin sheet of plastic

#4302 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I never really got it straight how these games are "dimple proof", then looking at the pictures of S/N 30 closely, it looks like the Mermaid playfield is covered by a clear plastic sheet similar to the playfield protectors and/or hardtops. Looking back and searching Pinside, there was some references to this as fact. I don't really mind plastic covered playdfields the way a lot of people do, but it does definitely affect the way the ball rolls and moves compared to clear coated wood. My real problem in this case it doesn't look very well aligned on this game. Interflip used something similar on EM playfields back in the 70's, but I think they cut the holes after the plexi top was put on the wood, so the holes lined up perfectly. Are these tops floating like protectors or glued like Hardtops? Or am I missing something completely?
[quoted image]

There’s many videos on Haggis’ YouTube demonstrating the playfields/ no dimple tech they’re using.
I have an Elektra and it plays beautifully with the acrylic playfield.

#4303 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I never really got it straight how these games are "dimple proof", then looking at the pictures of S/N 30 closely, it looks like the Mermaid playfield is covered by a clear plastic sheet similar to the playfield protectors and/or hardtops. Looking back and searching Pinside, there was some references to this as fact. I don't really mind plastic covered playdfields the way a lot of people do, but it does definitely affect the way the ball rolls and moves compared to clear coated wood. My real problem in this case it doesn't look very well aligned on this game. Interflip used something similar on EM playfields back in the 70's, but I think they cut the holes after the plexi top was put on the wood, so the holes lined up perfectly. Are these tops floating like protectors or glued like Hardtops? Or am I missing something completely?
[quoted image]

it is a scratch resistant acrylic sheet where playfield protectors are polycarbonate. The acrylic is a special formation and similar compound to an car clearcoat to my understanding. I believe the art is applied to the underside of the acrylic panel.

#4304 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Watch this

It’s a wood and plastic layer bonded together to be as thick as a normal playfield. It’s not just a thin sheet of plastic

Ugh. Not sure how I missed that. I thought I had seen all of the Haggis videos! That does explain why they appear not aligned. For one the plastic cover is REALLY thick, so has refraction effect and also the cutouts are not created after attaching the plexi...

#4306 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ugh. Not sure how I missed that. I thought I had seen all of the Haggis videos! That does explain why they appear not aligned. For one the plastic cover is REALLY thick, so has refraction effect and also the cutouts are not created after attaching the plexi...

I think the “miss-alignment” you can see is just the angle of the photo. It is quite thick but it’s not a “cover” like playfield protectors - it’s more like a sandwich or layered “tech”. Homepin were using it well before Haggis (on Thunderbirds) and as mentioned it was used a while back in varying formats. By all accounts it plays well on Celts.

#4307 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image]

If his videos are still up, they have a series where they explain exactly how they are made - a sandwich of wood, art, and plastic.

To me, that just looks like parallax in that image you posted - if you were to look straight down from above you'd see that the holes line up perfectly with each other. But that does bring up a way in which this playfield construction is different than we're used to, and might take some getting used to.

#4308 1 year ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

I would not give you 50 cents over asking price , when you fold send me a pm. Thanks.

You're not going to find a preorder mermaid spot for the original cost. Just like... when the games ship, you're not going to be able to buy a NIB game for MSRP.

I turned down a $3k offer last night for this spot. If anyone has a mermaid spot for sale for $3k, pm me and I'll fwd his info to you.

#4309 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

#shipmygameorrefundmymoney

Quoted from d0n:

I turned down a $3k offer last night for this spot.

#4310 1 year ago

Merr

Merrrrr

Want it but turns out I'm allowed to buy other older titles while I wait?

Excited never even touched a Fathom.

Oh but I will...

#4311 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Excited never even touched a Fathom.
Oh but I will...

All hail the anti-d0n

#4312 1 year ago

Well hopefully I’ll have some good news this week. My game is supposed to be going into a box by Saturday the 28th. This date was given via email two weeks ago. I’ve received no updates on any delay to that timeline which was mentioned I would get if there was going to be a delay. Fingers crossed it happens. Go Haggis!

#4313 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Well hopefully I’ll have some good news this week. My game is supposed to be going into a box by Saturday the 28th. This date was given via email two weeks ago. I’ve received no updates on any delay to that timeline which was mentioned I would get if there was going to be a delay. Fingers crossed it happens. Go Haggis!

Are u a series ticket holder? When did u make full final payment. If you're not a series ticket holder, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your game to be boxed. Haggis hasn't even boxed the series ticket holder games yet.

I have a friend who is a series ticket holder that made full payment and was promised his game in "early may". As of wednesday this week (5/18), he has not heard anything.

GO HAGGIS!

#4314 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

There’s just one thing I can’t get my head around. If the series holders games are going into testing this week, so apparently made and the game I’m fully paid up for and ready for boxing in 6 weeks is being built, then why doesn’t haggis just show a few pictures of those "completed" games going into testing to shut all the nay sayers up?
Celts got plenty of updates. There was no problems keeping people up to date there. Why all the secrecy? It would sure take a lot of heat off them right now.
I’m backing haggis in here but I’d feel a lot better if I just saw something.

You already know that your game isn't going into a box on the 28th.

GO HAGGIS!

#4315 1 year ago

Edit. You know what, it’s not worth it.
Edit 2 may as well put it back in since it’s been quoted.

d0n for someone who’s trying to make a LOT of money by flipping fathoms you sure shit on Haggis a lot in this thread and on others that have hopes the game will ship soon.
I don’t understand why you have a preorder spot for sale at 4 times it’s value and then say the things you do? Wouldn’t you be better off pumping Haggis up?

#4316 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

d0n for someone who’s trying to make a LOT of money by flipping fathoms you sure shit on Haggis a lot in this thread and on others that have hopes the game will ship soon.
I don’t understand why you have a preorder spot for sale at 4 times it’s value and then say the things you do? Wouldn’t you be better off pumping Haggis up?

I'm a realist and too honest to do that.

Haggis could still come through but I honestly think we've all been duped. I'm calling it... Haggis T.O.D. 19:00 5/20/2022

I think the SH*T is slowly hitting the fan for haggis.

I already quoted you so your edit/deleted post is overridden. Sorry.
download (30) (resized).jpgdownload (30) (resized).jpg

Ta9CMOY-e1470405823516 (resized).jpgTa9CMOY-e1470405823516 (resized).jpg

thumb_get-well-soon-meirl-59828469 (resized).pngthumb_get-well-soon-meirl-59828469 (resized).png
#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Haggis could still come through but I honestly think we've all been duped. I'm calling it... Haggis T.O.D. 19:00 5/20/2022
I think the SH*T is slowly hitting the fan for haggis.
I already quoted you so your edit/deleted post is overridden. Sorry. [quoted image]

If you think Haggis is dead, sell me your spot(s) at cost.

Put up or shut up!

#4318 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

If you think Haggis is dead, sell me your spot(s) at cost.
Put up or shut up!

If you think I'm wrong... buy the spots for 5k each. Put up or shut up

#4319 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

If you think I'm wrong... buy the spots for 5k each. Put up or shut up

LOL your funny.I hope no one is stupid enough to pay you a penny over what you paid.You bitch the most only because your worried about your gravy train.I hope he succeeds because the guy has the guts and desire to start a pinball company.And it thats not hard enough the timing was probably the worst it could be.You said we were 'Duped'.wtf does that mean?? If we were Duped then he would be long gone with all the big bucks he Dupes us from.I hope he doesn't read this form or hear all the crap some people have to say because it's embarrassing to pinheads to say we love pinball when we put the money we want to flip for over hoping a guy succeeds.

#4320 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

So you think you been duped and are trying sell your extra spots for a premium?

What a straight up guy you are!

#4321 1 year ago

Just to recap recent events.

Halloween/Ultraman pre-order spots are being sold at a loss, while Don is claiming Haggis to be a scam and wants a $5000 premium for his.

That's some crazy FOMO we have in this market.

#4322 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Don is claiming Haggis to be a scam and wants a $5000 premium for his.

It is an interesting market strategy.

For what it's worth, I think Haggis is just a bit behind schedule. Which is completely understandable in current conditions.

Disclaimer: I am not in on this at all, and have no actual information. My opinion is based only on what I have seen second hand.

#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

For what it's worth, I think Haggis is just a bit behind schedule.

So, you think haggis has quietly & unceremoniously been making mermaids, boxing and shipping them out for the last 3 weeks since the dramatic #NOWORDS video that excitedly showed 1 game being boxed?

Not one series ticket holder has posted here saying that they got the email from Haggis stating their game was boxed & shipped since the mermaid prototype (game #30) shipped to alex moss over 3 weeks ago.

No one here has recently said they got "the email" from damian to pay in full.

Not a peep out of haggis or any of their customers in 3+ weeks. Seems bad to me.

GO HAGGIS!
gif-eating-popcorn-61 (resized).pnggif-eating-popcorn-61 (resized).png

#4324 1 year ago

I got mine already but I’m not showing it to anyone. It came with a letter that disclosed the next four titles as well. Again, not sharing.

#4325 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I got mine already but I’m not showing it to anyone. It came with a letter that disclosed the next four titles as well. Again, not sharing.

Stop trolling. Not true.

#4326 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

So, you think haggis has quietly & unceremoniously been making mermaids, boxing and shipping them out for the last 3 weeks since the dramatic #NOWORDS video that excitedly showed 1 game being boxed?
Not one series ticket holder has posted here saying that they got the email from Haggis stating their game was boxed & shipped since the mermaid prototype (game #30) shipped to alex moss over 3 weeks ago.
No one here has recently said they got "the email" from damian to pay in full.
Not a peep out of haggis or any of their customers in 3+ weeks. Seems bad to me.
GO HAGGIS!
[quoted image]

Always poking the bear.

#4327 1 year ago

Mate , every company has pushed back their expected delivery dates , yet Haggis are the bad guys ?
They haven't raised their prices , Stern uped the price , even for people with deposits down .

#4328 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Damian told me via email that he expected to do centaur and EBD but wasn't sure about the other 2 games. He also said fathom mermaid production would start in july 2021 and more recently that games would ship 8 weeks after full payment was made. m
More than a year after unveiling fathom 2.0, he's only shipped one game. I'm not real confident on anything Damian says these days.

#4329 1 year ago

Today, one of my life’s great mysteries was solved. I don’t know when Fathom #2-16 will ship, but if you want to suck on a tootsie pop, I know what I know.

B21E2C91-98CB-4413-85AE-8CA76FE8645F.jpegB21E2C91-98CB-4413-85AE-8CA76FE8645F.jpeg
#4330 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

…I'm not real confident on anything Damian says these days.

Someone here argued at least Damian hasn’t raised prices like other manufacturers. Seriously? Sounds like the new kid on the block didn’t get the memo is self-sabotaging their own efforts. I’d bet they need to raise final sales prices by $3k per game and announce the new deal to existing customers to accept or drop out. I know that will be unpopular, but Haggis has f3ckeD up. The new money will pay to hire real laborers and to pay them a fair wage, which is what he should have always planned. Build 250 games this year. #go HAGGIS

#4331 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Someone here argued at least Damian hasn’t raised prices like other manufacturers. Seriously? Sounds like the new kid on the block didn’t get the memo is self-sabotaging their own efforts. I’d bet they need to raise final sales prices by $3k per game and announce the new deal to existing customers to accept or drop out. I know that will be unpopular, but Haggis has f3ckeD up. The new money will pay to hire real laborers and to pay them a fair wage, which is what he should have always planned. Build 250 games this year. #go HAGGIS

I totally agree he'll need at least an extra $3k each to finish these mermaids. That email is coming.

BUT who in their right mind will send haggis the final payment of $7900 plus an extra $3000 at this point? He's dicked us all over for months with his fake deadlines, staged video and his silence. He hasn't been forthcoming like he was on Celts. No one trusts him now.

#4332 1 year ago

Keep the faith and remember this from Wikipedia! not from ol M8 above who apparently has inside info ( bullshit )
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Boutique manufacturing

Boutique manufacturing is a method used for the custom production of certain products in limited quantities by hand or with a restricted level of automation. Products produced this way often include ceramics, furniture, amplifiers, yachts, boats, leather goods or watches and jewellery among others. In industrial countries, boutique manufacturing is being selected generally for high class goods in upper price levels and only for single products or small batches.

Benefits and disadvantages[edit]
The key advantages of boutique manufacturing in comparison to traditional factory manufacturing with batch fabrication, large or mass production are as follows:

low investment in factory automation
high flexibility during manufacturing
quick alteration of product types produced on every workplace or production line
supports build to order without the necessity of using many pre-assembled components; creation of value caused by assembly takes place mainly at the end of the production flow.
allows an unachieved level of product individualization
Consequently, boutique manufacturing closes the gap between piece production and small batch/low volume production. The workflow organization of a boutique manufacturing entity can be a mixture of both – elements of jobbing or batch production, however involving higher standardization than the first one. Often boutique manufacturing workshop and factories are organized with single workplaces or production cells carrying out a number of subsequent production steps until completion of certain components or even the whole product. Flexibility and variety of products being able to produce in the entity therefore are much higher than with the more standardized method batch production.

However, with this method, manufacturing of larger quantities of unified products is not possible at reasonable costs. Serial fabrication or large production of goods then would be suitable alternative production methods involving higher grades of automation and standardisation.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are buying a VERY Boutique product!
I can assure you all is well,( no I don't work nor affiliate with Haggis ) they just behind projected dates as boutique manufacturing can be due to its nature. CELTS too was later than expected remember?

#4333 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I can assure you all is well, no I don't work nor affiliate with Haggis

Phew, thank you! We all feel so much better now. Your assurance is all I've really needed these long months. Again, thank you!

#4334 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Phew, thank you! We all feel so much better now. Your assurance is all I've really needed these long months. Again, thank you!

You are most welcome
BTW, do you still have your own teeth?

#4335 1 year ago

You are most welcome
BTW, do you still have your own teeth?

most of them

#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

most of them

Just trying to figure out your age.

#4337 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I totally agree he'll need at least an extra $3k each to finish these mermaids. That email is coming.

BUT who in their right mind will send haggis the final payment of $7900 plus an extra $3000 at this point?

If you believe this to be true as you have just stated, then you need to modify your For Sale ad and include this critical information. To not do so would be deceptive.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/134393

#4338 1 year ago

Just trying to figure out your age.

I'm 55. Very handsome too. Thank you. This is my buddy T-Pain.
144734428_463662608373408_9025911163362971977_n (resized).jpg144734428_463662608373408_9025911163362971977_n (resized).jpg

#4339 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you believe this to be true as you have just stated, then you need to modify your For Sale ad and include this critical information. To not do so would be deceptive.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/134393

You should have sold your extra preorder days after the staged boxing video. Timing is everything. You are too greedy though. Now, you're stuck with 2 preorders that are worthless until haggis shows another update video. This isn't TBL. Can't win em all I suppose.

#4340 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

[quoted image]

Trying to glean the entire truth from this statement….

You are 55?

#4341 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

[quoted image]

Who? and how many teeth does he have?

#4342 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Just got this into the game room the other day. Playfield, cabinet and backglass are all in great shape. Gonna shop it out with Titan silicone rubber and replace the color lightbulbs with soft white LED's all the way around. It will look fantastic when I'm done.
So why am I posting this here?
1. I will be placing my Mermaid Fathom next to it after it arrives.
2. I'm at peace with the Haggis delay and not interested in the panic babies.
3. I'm a shameless braggart.
[quoted image]

That looks fun as hell!!

#4343 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

No one trusts him now.

Actually - I still trust him as I suspect many others do as well. Please feel free to quit speaking for the group as our non-elected representative.

If you were seriously worried, you would sell your remaining spots at cost. My guess is you are trying to spook others into selling their spots so you can buy them and flip for a profit. Pretty despicable tactic.

#4344 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Edit. You know what, it’s not worth it.
Edit 2 may as well put it back in since it’s been quoted.

I'll tell you why. Like some of the people in on deeproot, they hoped to get their pins, and then the company folds, making the pin "more valuable". Some twisted people out there.

#4345 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'll tell you why. Like some of the people in on deeproot, they hoped to get their pins, and then the company folds, making the pin "more valuable". Some twisted people out there.

There's only 1 fathom mermaid in the world currently. Alex moss has it. Nothing anyone says or does in this thread makes its value go up or down. If haggis has indeed quietly folded, then the one fathom mermaid is priceless. It will be the rarest pinball game ever made. 1 of 1. And the other 249 preorders will be worth squat.

I thought the doctor got the first haggis pin? What happened to everyone saying that?

#4346 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

[quoted image]

Even less respect now lol. On a boat is a good vid though.

#4347 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

This is my buddy T-Pain.
[quoted image]

zEVmOa5iXYAE63o- (resized).jpgzEVmOa5iXYAE63o- (resized).jpg
#4348 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Damian told me via email that he expected to do centaur and EBD but wasn't sure about the other 2 games. He also said fathom mermaid production would start in july 2021 and more recently that games would ship 8 weeks after full payment was made. m
More than a year after unveiling fathom 2.0, he's only shipped one game. I'm not real confident on anything Damian says these days.

Like your integrity is saintly Yours is more akin to a diarrhea fart.

#4349 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

There's only 1 fathom mermaid in the world currently. Alex moss has it. Nothing anyone says or does in this thread makes its value go up or down. If haggis has indeed quietly folded, then the one fathom mermaid is priceless. It will be the rarest pinball game ever made. 1 of 1. And the other 249 preorders will be worth squat.
I thought the doctor got the first haggis pin? What happened to everyone saying that?

Two at least

#4350 1 year ago

Yea - the first one went to Planetary Pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/87?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.