IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 156.
#4251 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Posted a few pics over at Aussie Arcade to start. I've taken a few videos too but need to put them together still.
https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/99271-fathom-from-haggis-arrived-in-brisbane/#comment-1250679

Hooray it is real .
And people pay to hear it's fake .

#4252 1 year ago

Bet you are super stoked. Congrats! Beautiful!

#4253 1 year ago

BEAUTIFUL looking game!!!

#4254 1 year ago

visualmagic thanks for sharing- you don’t owe us anything but it is much appreciated!

#4255 1 year ago

Holy mackerel. Not only does dude have the first fathom delivered, bit he has a magic girl

#4256 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Posted a few pics over at Aussie Arcade to start. I've taken a few videos too but need to put them together still.
https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/99271-fathom-from-haggis-arrived-in-brisbane/#comment-1250679

looks beautiful, congrats and thanks for sharing to the crowd

#4257 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Holy mackerel. Not only does dude have the first fathom delivered, bit he has a magic girl

That's a pretty simple story.

Wayne had the only one in Australia. I'm an optimist who has been following the work in the Netherlands getting these going and I hope to put in the hours to follow their steps.

I reached out to Wayne who had it listed, and he kindly allowed me to purchase it at a fair price.

I've been collecting a few notes from Eric Bartels in the Netherlands until I find time to work on it.

I don't imagine the project will be quick. The game is basically unplayable until the works are done.

But I knew that on purchase so had built that into my expectations.

Cost about 1.5 that of an LE, and it's not only a curio, but a beautiful looking game with potential to restore to it's intended outcome. With only 1 of 1 in Australia I justified it to myself. After works I can't see me losing on it.

Certainly pretty!

#4258 1 year ago

So beautiful, congratulations

#4259 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Just realized looking at your pics that there is no longer a Haggis logo on the backglass. Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I like the logo-free look.

I would like to know if the playfield registration has improved from the prototype, I couldn't really tell based on the photos you posted so far. Looking forward to the video!

#4260 1 year ago

Beautiful game and congrats on the first one Alex!

It would be awesome to know how many more mermaids have been made and boxed in the almost 3 weeks since this one was boxed.

Anyone else get email notification that their game has been completed or shipped?

#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

That's a pretty simple story.
Wayne had the only one in Australia. I'm an optimist who has been following the work in the Netherlands getting these going and I hope to put in the hours to follow their steps.
I reached out to Wayne who had it listed, and he kindly allowed me to purchase it at a fair price.
I've been collecting a few notes from Eric Bartels in the Netherlands until I find time to work on it.
I don't imagine the project will be quick. The game is basically unplayable until the works are done.
But I knew that on purchase so had built that into my expectations.
Cost about 1.5 that of an LE, and it's not only a curio, but a beautiful looking game with potential to restore to it's intended outcome. With only 1 of 1 in Australia I justified it to myself. After works I can't see me losing on it.
Certainly pretty!

Simply amazing! Congrats on both fronts. I'm rooting for you to get it going!

#4262 1 year ago

This is the only game that has left the haggis factory.

#4263 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

This is the only game that has left the haggis factory.

that we know of... yes. 249 to go.

#4264 1 year ago

Thanks Haggis for adding the game numbers tho the apron. Game # 30 of 250 !! Attention to detail. .. nice job.

B3D6AAFC-C713-4C4F-827A-D65EDF6CCD16 (resized).jpegB3D6AAFC-C713-4C4F-827A-D65EDF6CCD16 (resized).jpeg
#4265 1 year ago

It's awfully quiet around here! We're all holding our breath, waiting for mermaid #2 to leave the building?

#4266 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It's awfully quiet around here! We're all holding our breath, waiting for mermaid #2 to leave the building?

Just living our lives and not worrying about it.

#4267 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:LOL at spending 10k to be one of 250 people to get the new rules. Swing and a miss.

I've never read this entire thread. Started today. I love reading these 1 year old posts and seeing just how wrong people were.

#4268 1 year ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

If you read the TWIP article that has been posted it says production is scheduled to begin on July 1st with 50 units out per month. Just like everything in life and in pinball that is an estimate and Haggis has no track record to back those claims so really it is a risk that you must be willing to take if you want one. Haggis seems like good people and have proven they can make a game and ship a few units out but not on the scale of hundreds of units. Like all pinball start ups you need to go in understanding that A) you may not get your game B) you will get you game but not when you were expecting it C) you will get your game but the quality and customer support is just not there. Good luck if you go in! I am not interested in this but think its awesome and happy for those that will get one.

And just how right some other people were :O

#4269 1 year ago

hey-what-kind-of-party-is-this-theres-no-booze-and-only-one-hooker (resized).jpghey-what-kind-of-party-is-this-theres-no-booze-and-only-one-hooker (resized).jpg

#4270 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

And just how right some other people were :O

"Point to the area of the doll where Haggis touched you".

#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Makes me feel so much better about my full payment. In my final payment invoice it said 8 weeks from date of full payment they expect to be putting it in a box. That was 4 weeks ago.
[quoted image]

Just 1 more week to go!

Go haggis!

#4272 1 year ago

#4273 1 year ago

Great sound to have a beer and relax by the fire

#4274 1 year ago

Frontier 2.0 could be cool. Good thinking, Don!

#4275 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Frontier 2.0 could be cool. Good thinking, Don!

shirtless grizzly Adams
lol

#4276 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Great sound to have a beer and relax by the fire

Also cricket sounds at the Haggis production facility. WTF?

It's been 3 weeks since the #30 boxing video. The buyer has received the game since then. You stated you could make 50 games a month.

Anything? Any news? Any games being boxed? Any updates from Haggis? What are we... dog meat here Haggis? Take our money and run? Forget about all the other missed deadlines... your most recent promise was games boxed 8 weeks after full payment. That's this month! When june 1st arrives and no games boxed, you've lied again.

Where are we at? I hate that I have to be the bad guy but this is getting to be absolute bullsh*t.

#tiredofnowords

#shipmygameorrefundmymoney

#4277 1 year ago

I don't think Haggis is following this thread or pinside. Just Email them dOn.

#4278 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

shipmygameorrefundmymoney

Worried your not going to sell the spots for a profit ?

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Also cricket sounds at the Haggis production facility. WTF?
It's been 3 weeks since the #30 boxing video. The buyer has received the game since then. You stated you could make 50 games a month.
Anything? Any news? Any games being boxed? Any updates from Haggis? What are we... dog meat here Haggis? Take our money and run? Forget about all the other missed deadlines... your most recent promise was games boxed 8 weeks after full payment. That's this month! When june 1st arrives and no games boxed, you've lied again.
Where are we at? I hate that I have to be the bad guy but this is getting to be absolute bullsh*t.
#tiredofnowords

Here’s a solution…….sell your numerous spots and go live your miserable life.

#4280 1 year ago

It’d be hilarious if he made your 4 games last

#4281 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’d be hilarious if he made your 4 games last

We can start a change.org petition just for this, I’ll sign!

#4282 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

You heard him Haggis. Refund him his deposit amounts. That way some people who want to buy a spot can without being ripped off by him. Everyone wins then!

#4283 1 year ago

Only managed a couple hours on a video edit so far, been packing, and finally moving house tomorrow. I'll finish the video after the boxes are in the new home and we have made a dent in the unpacking.

pinside screengrab (resized).pngpinside screengrab (resized).png
#4284 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

"Point to the area of the doll where Haggis touched you".

LOL

man-putting-wallet-in-jeans-pocket-stock-photo__u18880738 (resized).jpgman-putting-wallet-in-jeans-pocket-stock-photo__u18880738 (resized).jpg
#4285 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I don't think Haggis is following this thread or pinside. Just Email them dOn.

The correct spelling is "d0n". Show some respect

#4286 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Worried your not going to sell the spots for a profit ?

Maybe hes sad that theres not a recently deceased celebrity on the artwork that he can use to spin the price higher

#4288 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Price drop - early mermaid spot

so what was the price before you dropped it to 5K ?

#4289 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

He had one at 10k and the buyer backed out. I'm assuming that is this one. Sometimes tire kicking is in order with a 10k preorder spot. Keep kicking I say.

#4290 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I would not give you 50 cents over asking price , when you fold send me a pm. Thanks.

#4291 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

He had one at 10k and the buyer backed out. I'm assuming that is this one. Sometimes tire kicking is in order with a 10k preorder spot. Keep kicking I say.

Well he "said" he had a buyer at 10k, and maybe implied this alleged buyer knew it was just for the pre-order spot..

#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Only managed a couple hours on a video edit so far, been packing, and finally moving house tomorrow. I'll finish the video after the boxes are in the new home and we have made a dent in the unpacking.[quoted image]

Seems odd to go to so much trouble when an everyday mobile phone can take excellent quality video and even have the ability to upload straight from the phone

#4293 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Seems odd to go to so much trouble when an everyday mobile phone can take excellent quality video and even have the ability to upload straight from the phone

The dudes name is VisualMagic I would expect nothing less…

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

The dudes name is VisualMagic I would expect nothing less…

Damn skip!! I'm with this guy. Bring on the theatrical miracles of Fathom 2.0!

#4295 1 year ago

Just got this into the game room the other day. Playfield, cabinet and backglass are all in great shape. Gonna shop it out with Titan silicone rubber and replace the color lightbulbs with soft white LED's all the way around. It will look fantastic when I'm done.

So why am I posting this here?

1. I will be placing my Mermaid Fathom next to it after it arrives.
2. I'm at peace with the Haggis delay and not interested in the panic babies.
3. I'm a shameless braggart.

Spirit20220519_131627 (resized).jpgSpirit20220519_131627 (resized).jpg
#4296 1 year ago

Beautiful backglass, but it's a gottlieb and so not allowed here.

#4297 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:Only managed a couple hours on a video edit so far, been packing, and finally moving house tomorrow. I'll finish the video after the boxes are in the new home and we have made a dent in the unpacking.[quoted image]

Thanks for doing this work! Looking forward to it.

#4298 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

replace the color lightbulbs with soft white LED's all the way around.

bless your soul ....

#4299 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Just got this into the game room the other day. Playfield, cabinet and backglass are all in great shape. Gonna shop it out with Titan silicone rubber and replace the color lightbulbs with soft white LED's all the way around. It will look fantastic when I'm done.
So why am I posting this here?
1. I will be placing my Mermaid Fathom next to it after it arrives.
2. I'm at peace with the Haggis delay and not interested in the panic babies.
3. I'm a shameless braggart.
[quoted image]

Spirit is fabulous if it’s dialed in right.
Love the sounds when you start that multiball. Spectacular.

#4300 1 year ago

I never really got it straight how these games are "dimple proof", then looking at the pictures of S/N 30 closely, it looks like the Mermaid playfield is covered by a clear plastic sheet similar to the playfield protectors and/or hardtops. Looking back and searching Pinside, there was some references to this as fact. I don't really mind plastic covered playdfields the way a lot of people do, but it does definitely affect the way the ball rolls and moves compared to clear coated wood. My real problem in this case it doesn't look very well aligned on this game. Interflip used something similar on EM playfields back in the 70's, but I think they cut the holes after the plexi top was put on the wood, so the holes lined up perfectly. Are these tops floating like protectors or glued like Hardtops? Or am I missing something completely?
Fathom1a.jpgFathom1a.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/86?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.