Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 156.
#4201 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sure seems like there is some negative shit trying to undermind Haggis to me.

I'll give you that, although I think that sounds more nefarious than it really is.

#4202 1 year ago

Welcome to page 85 of people chatting/bickering/cheerleading while waiting for their Fathoms to be made.

Quoted from Mr68:

Sure seems like there is some negative shit trying to undermind Haggis to me.

Come on everyone, Haggis is undermining themselves by not showing production and basically going radio silent for months (except for that recent staged video). They could stop all this speculation, negativity and buyers anxiety with a simple 5 minute walk-thru of the production area showing games being made.

Have any of the folks who were asked to pay in full 8+ weeks ago heard anything about their game?

#4203 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:Welcome to page 85 of people chatting/bickering/cheerleading while waiting for their Fathoms to be made.

Come on everyone, Haggis is undermining themselves by not showing production and basically going radio silent for months (except for that recent staged video). They could stop all this speculation, negativity and buyers anxiety with a simple 5 minute walk-thru of the production area showing games being made.
Have any of the folks who were asked to pay in full 8+ weeks ago heard anything about their game?

I emailed Damian last week and asked if my 8 week time frame is tracking and he said things are looking good and it should be completed the week of May 20th. He did mention it could slip into the following week but would let me know.

#4204 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Welcome to page 85 of people chatting/bickering/cheerleading while waiting for their Fathoms to be made.

Tell us the Bill story again.

#4205 1 year ago

Got that right. In probably the worst time in history for any kind of manufacturing. Haggis is doing it.

LTG : )

#4206 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Tired of reading your nonsense. Still wouldn’t be enough for you. All you have done is continuously dog Haggis while at the same time making $ off them. Makes me sick. If I were Haggis, the first time you talked shit about my company, I would have refunded your deposits and told you to go pound sand. Plenty of people still have faith in Haggis and are in it for the game, not those nickels and dimes you’re whining about.

#4207 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Love it!

bunnies-george.gifbunnies-george.gif

#4208 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

so not forever ?

#4209 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I heard the bill story on a podcast. If the podcaster was wrong then I was wrong.

#4210 1 year ago
Quoted from jfrank:

All you have done is continuously dog Haggis while at the same time making $ off them.

The ONLY thing I have done is sell a preorder for $5k to cover my ass if this all falls through. If I had full confidence in Haggis, I would NOT have had to sell a preorder to put myself in a position of no risk. I would have waited to take possession of the games and then sold them like mr68 is going to do...
for $25k. I'm not "talking shit" about haggis. I'm merely pointing out how late they are, how they've gone silent and how transparency has changed so drastically since Celts.

#4211 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Tell me again about asking me to not flood the market with my mermaids so we could "collaborate" & drive the price up. Then, you could sell your extra mermaid for your expected listing price of $25k. You're no saint kim.

#4212 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Tell me again about asking me to not flood the market with my mermaids so we could drive the price up and you could sell your extra for your expected listing price of $25k. You;re no saint kim.

Why did Haggis allow you to pre-order multiple mermaid editions anyway?

#4213 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Why did Haggis allow you to pre-order multiple mermaid editions anyway?

About 5 - 6 months ago, 3 people here that had preorders were getting tired of waiting. They were not happy with missed deadlines and no communication. They could not get a refund. This resulted in some negative publicity for haggis here on pinside and elsewhere. I offered to buy their preorders. Damian was happy as heck because he didn't refund and now 3 people weren't giving haggis bad publicity. Now it's just 1 person pointing out all the missed deadlines and non transparency.

#4214 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm merely pointing out how late they are, how they've gone silent and how transparency has changed so drastically since Celts.

But does it need to be pointed out?

I paid them a deposit for a game - not transparency, communication, factory tours, bathroom privileges or anything else.

We saw a gameplay video and it was cool. We saw a video where multiple Mermaids are being built and the first one went into a box. The process is taking longer than we had initially hoped but there's no reason to keep bringing it up when we all can see things are moving along.

#4215 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

The ONLY thing I have done is sell a preorder for $5k to cover my ass if this all falls through. If I had full confidence in Haggis, I would NOT have had to sell a preorder to put myself in a position of no risk.

So its ok for someone to get screwed out of $5k as long as you're in position of no risk? Wow

#4216 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

About 5 - 6 months ago, 3 people here that had preorders were getting tired of waiting. They were not happy with missed deadlines and no communication. They could not get a refund. This resulted in some negative publicity for haggis here on pinside and elsewhere. I offered to buy their preorders. Damian was happy as heck because he didn't refund and now 3 people weren't giving haggis bad publicity. Now it's just 1 person pointing out all the missed deadlines and non transparency.

What a hero. Helping those people out AND championing the Haggis brand by reducing the number of worried people by two, but increasing the lies, accusations and doubts by fifty.
You'd think Haggis would send you an extra game for being so cool.

It's like we weren't even there to witness you actively boasting about how you had full faith in Haggis and that if any people didn't that you would offer to buy their spots so you could make a profit when the games landed.

And then within a couple weeks you realized you'd tripled your bet and started to panic.

THAT'S how it happened.

#4217 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So its ok for someone to get screwed out of $5k as long as you're in position of no risk? Wow

Everyone knows the risk. Especially, this late in the game. We're all in the same boat. I guarantee you've thought about selling your extra mermaid preorder spot for $5k now but you only have 1. You're greedy and holding out because you think you can sell the physical game for $25k. That's a gamble. I hope it works out for you.

#4218 1 year ago

Did the first game get delivered yet? That’s right, we don’t know cause the gps was never installed and the Aussie banditos may not have been thwarted. Delivery should be soon as the box has been on the road for three days now. When will Bill be seen and when will Fathom be dropped off? The world anxiously awaits the arrival of Bob with Fathom.

We’ve got so much time on our hands there is time to establish a betting pool. I’d put $5 on Wed, May 11 at 12pm noon local time. Is there a market?

#4219 1 year ago

I knew it wouldn't be long.

Aaaaaahhhh shaduppp!

cartoon-network-dog.gifcartoon-network-dog.gif

fear_the_haggis_classic_round_sticker-rf1e688d8d4b54be3abbbe3cb1e9ecacd_0ugmm_8byvr_307 (1) (resized).jpgfear_the_haggis_classic_round_sticker-rf1e688d8d4b54be3abbbe3cb1e9ecacd_0ugmm_8byvr_307 (1) (resized).jpg

#4220 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Did the first game get delivered yet? That’s right, we don’t know cause the gps was never installed and the Aussie banditos may not have been thwarted. Delivery should be soon as the box has been on the road for three days now. When will Bill be seen and when will Fathom be dropped off? The world anxiously awaits the arrival of Bob with Fathom.
We’ve got so much time on our hands there is time to establish a betting pool. I’d put $5 on Wed, May 11 at 12pm noon local time. Is there a market?

tune in tomorrow ...same bat time, same bat channel

#4221 1 year ago

Australia is a huge place. Bill has other deliveries apart from fathom from factory straight to it's destination. The new owner is happy with that arrangement so it will get there when it gets there.

I too am waiting on Bill to bring me a fathom (an original) but I'm just happy to wait until it arrives...I'm another 1200km up the road from where the new fathom in question is being delivered.

#4222 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

tune in tomorrow ...same bat time, same bat channel

Don.
Please stop harassing me with your weird and angry private messages. I will not respond to your nonsense.

#4223 1 year ago

......time for a break......

bump nose.gifbump nose.gif
#4224 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Don.
Please stop harassing me with your weird and angry private messages. I will not respond to your nonsense.

Harassing you? LOL. I sent you 1 message telling you not to be a d*ck. The last msg I sent was on 4/24. Neither were weird or angry Kim.

#4225 1 year ago

Nothing from Bill yet.

I'm not stressing. We are 9 days away from the moving trucks at our door so you guys are more invested in this than me (this week specifically).

This week, I could quite happily put it aside, complete my move and then unbox it in it's new home but as there's enough demand to do it sooner and publicly, I'll find a way.

Even if the background room it's unboxed in is just a storage shed and looks a bit unorthodox.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm in love with pinball, and can't wait to play this. I love Fathom and this will be epic. It's just a weird time for me personally, specifically for the next couple weeks, and then back to full time pinball nut again after that...

That said, it's pissing down rain here again today so I'm ok with it not arriving today.

I expect within a couple days.

You seen him yet Punkin?

I'm excited, just juggling a bit... Can't wait to get to the new house, relax and play games again.

#4226 1 year ago

Nah, i'm getting antsy for my two Catch the Light Combo speed testers and the TZ he has to drop of here too.

#4227 1 year ago

Those speed testers looked the business. Should be a tonne of fun.

#4228 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Those speed testers looked the business. Should be a tonne of fun.

What in the Aussie is a catch the light speed tester?!

#4229 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

What in the Aussie is a catch the light speed tester?!

#4230 1 year ago

Simon says and whackamole hybrid

#4231 1 year ago

I just want a picture of the can (washroom) or driveway. Anything is better than nothing.

#4232 1 year ago

I kinda felt like the machine was going to murder the loser in that 2 player game.

#4233 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:I just randomly watched Thunderdome last night which I haven't seen in 20 years. And here you guys are talking about Mad Max this morning.. Life is a Trip

To be fair, Thunderdome isn't really Mad Max. We need a Mad Max/Road Warrior/Thunderroad pin . Talk about sales!!

#4234 1 year ago

I've only read a little bit. I forgot about mermaids for a couple days.

This is hilarious and exciting you would think there were golden tickets hiding inside.

#4235 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I kinda felt like the machine was going to murder the loser in that 2 player game.

It definitely had a Squid Game vibe to it.

#4236 1 year ago

Bill is in Melbourne today and tomorrow.

#4237 1 year ago

Picking up more mermaids.

#4238 1 year ago

I am using DHL to air ship mine. Definitely not Bill.

#4239 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am using DHL to air ship mine. Definitely not Bill.

We should do that to. Then we could get Bill to pick it up at the airport & bring it the last 350kms to our house.

#4240 1 year ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

We should do that to. Then we could get Bill to pick it up at the airport & bring it the last 350kms to our house.

I was just trying to calculate how big the wings would need to be to get lift off on the big arse van before you added this comment

#4241 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I was just trying to calculate how big the wings would need to be to get lift off on the big arse van before you added this comment

C130 Hercules should do it ok.

#4242 1 year ago

Yeah due to his van breakdown and more being released this week, I may miss the honor of first to receive as they are still down south.

As they've had to stick around down that way while they sort out their vehicle.

Just unlucky that it's happened with a first pin of a eagerly waited title.

#4243 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Yeah due to his van breakdown

betcha dOn thinks this untrue !

#4244 1 year ago

I am sad that two weeks later we are still talking about the whereabouts of ONE game… and not the other games that we hoped would be flowing.

Stop hounding the guy who has much bigger things going on in his life and lets hope these other examples start popping

#4245 1 year ago

This first Fathom being delivered is a big story with a lot of miles to go before it ends. Opportunity lost for Damien to place a gps tracker on Fathom box to allow us to follow Bill’s van traversing the continent, until the game can be delivered with white gloves. This was a perfect scenario for interested parties, and it was missed.

The GPS I have only works for 12-14 days before the battery dies. That's using the least frequent location update setting. Maybe there are some that last a lot longer that would work in this situation? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C31X50K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

I thought about sending mine to Damian when he asks for full payment and ask him to charge it and put it in the box right before shipping. It would be interesting to watch it make it;s way to the USA.

#4246 1 year ago

#NOWORDS

IMG_20220512_163916 (resized).jpgIMG_20220512_163916 (resized).jpg
#4247 1 year ago

Posted a few pics over at Aussie Arcade to start. I've taken a few videos too but need to put them together still.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/99271-fathom-from-haggis-arrived-in-brisbane/#comment-1250679

#4248 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Posted a few pics over at Aussie Arcade to start. I've taken a few videos too but need to put them together still.
https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/99271-fathom-from-haggis-arrived-in-brisbane/#comment-1250679

Thank you for taking time out to post some pictures. I hope you make quick progress in getting your home back to normal.

Cheers

#4249 1 year ago

Great to see the first game land. Any other signature series holders get notified that their game is ready to ship?

#4250 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Thanks for posting. Great to see!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
There are 7,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/85?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.