IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 156.
#3951 1 year ago

Just saw the updated video and the game looks absolutely gorgeous. I hope they can keep pumping them out as there will be many happy customers.

#3952 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Time for a club thread.

Hell yeah!
I know 3 Pinsiders that should start a “where’s the photos” club thread.
It’s a blast! Lol.

#3953 1 year ago

Does anyone know/predict when the classic edition will start to ship? I have yet to commit but am thinking I might grab one. Just don't want to be waiting like over a year or something from now. Cheers

#3954 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Does anyone know/predict when the classic edition will start to ship? I have yet to commit but am thinking I might grab one. Just don't want to be waiting like over a year or something from now. Cheers

Yes, Haggis do.

#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Post 3938 mentioned haggis predicted to be done with the fathom builds around Christmas and may do some more celts then.

#3956 1 year ago

Go Haggis!

#3957 1 year ago

Wow.. just beautiful.... absolutely packed full of awesomeness and quality from the looks of it. Wasn't there a mention of a topper on the mermaid or am I mixing that up with another pin ? I believe there will be a lot of people that want one for their collection as it really looks high end and special.... but with only 250 total and I'm assuming a fair amount will be staying in Australia ? That don't leave many for the crazy US market . Go team haggis. Looking fwd to your future stuff

#3958 1 year ago

Toppers blow! IMO

#3959 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Toppers blow! IMO

I agree except for original game designed ones like fish tales and wh20 and a few others. Was just asking bc I thought I read about a planned topper for mermaid but I may be mixing that up with another release. I much perfer the projector idea that they did.

#3960 1 year ago

Toppers blow! IMO

Yes, some do.

ww topper (resized).jpgww topper (resized).jpg

#3961 1 year ago

Very exciting indeed!

Of note- only saw one working game, the second one didn't have working insert lights. The others in the video did not show anything but a completed cabinet. Not trying to crap all over the update... just pointing things out as I see them. 249 games to go, right?

#3962 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Well shit, now I need to find one and see if I like it

One on location at - Rochester Pinball Collective - East Rochester ..

#3963 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

One on location at - Rochester Pinball Collective - East Rochester ..

Cool! Now I need to get out there and play. 4 hrs ish from me

#3964 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

I chose #030 after the other numbers I asked for were taken already.
My logic was if I couldn't get a very low number or a gag number like #069 I'd go for a multiple of 10.
That number will carry through to the season of releases, #030 on each game.
I was also offered #123 which I almost took as it matched the drop targets but decided on the lower #030 in the end.
I paid a couple weeks ago after being advised my game has entered testing.
I've also spoken to Damien after my flood event here that drowned a few of my games, him kindly offering to assist any way he could. I've always been confident he's on track.
Hope that answers your question.

That's Great news look forward to you unboxing this game in a week once you have received it.

#3965 1 year ago

Gorgeous game! I cannot wait to play it. Good times to all who have one on order, way to hold the line I have never played Fathom so I want to be sure it is for me before I order one or buy one from a distributor.

#3966 1 year ago

Well I'm glad I put down a deposit!

#3967 1 year ago

way to go dOn ... are they really worth the 5k for the pre order spot plus the balance and shipping ...

going for the FOMO?

FOR SALE
HAGGIS FATHOM MERMAID #175 PREORDER SPOT
Added: April 26th, 2022
PRICE
$ 5,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

ITEM DESCRIPTION
Did you miss out on the preorder? Not surprising because it sold out in hours. Are you blown away by the quality and beauty of this game?! Are you convinced it'll double in value when it comes out?! Don't despair! Here's your chance to get a spot. You will not find another one for sale.

Game #175

This is not a spot from a distributor. It is directly from Haggis. Once you've paid me by zelle or paypal f&f, I email Haggis with your information and they transfer ownership to you. Haggis then emails both of us to let us know the change has been recorded. A very simple procedure.

Once your game is ready for production, you will owe the remaining balance of roughly $7900.

USA buyers - Container shipping from Australia to Planetary pinball in Nevada is free. You pick up in Nevada or pay for shipping to your location. Alternatively, you can pay for DHL shipping directly from Haggis to your home in the USA. Cost is roughly $1600 and it's said to take 10 days. Haggis has stated that if you chose this shipping option, they will give you a refund on the cost of the "free" container shipping. I do not know how much that would be.

As with any pinball preorder, patience is necessary.

EDIT: I've been asked when the game will ship and when will it reach the USA. Haggis' most recent youtube video update says the fathom mermaids will start shipping next month in may. From my understanding, cargo shipping from Australia to the USA generally takes 4-6 weeks.

#3968 1 year ago

The Mermaids did not sell out in hours, it was several days before it sold out and even then there were pre-orders available from Nitro for weeks afterwards.

Edit: I guess, technically, saying it sold out in hours isn't wrong, days and weeks are still made up of hours, so carry on

#3969 1 year ago

Mermaid's are the Woz of 2022 only 10 years later.

Amazing price point for what you receive and we will probably not see a gem of a pinball machine at this price again.

#3970 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Mermaid's are the Woz of 2022 only 10 years later.
Amazing price point for what you receive and we will probably not see a gem of a pinball machine at this price again.

WOZ was my holy grail for years. It was an absolute game changer for the pinball hobby.
If it wasn't for WOZ and JJP, we'd all probably still be playing pinball games with DMDs.
I wish I was a player back in 2012 and could have been in on the excitement of a nib RR WOZ coming out soon.
I did finally buy a RR WOZ 2019 re-release. Like fathom mermaid, it will NEVER leave my collection.

#3971 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Like fathom mermaid, it will NEVER leave my collection.

Like 3 fathom mermaid, it will NEVER leave my collection.

#3972 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Like 3 fathom mermaid, it will NEVER leave my collection.

#3973 1 year ago

Sad that the scalpers will make more profit on this game than Haggis.

#3974 1 year ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Ive thought about asking $AUD35k for an unopened Mermaid when it arrives. Then ordering a classic Fathom.

But I have certain self imposed rules to live by and couldn't sleep at night.

#NOWORDS

#3975 1 year ago

Ive thought about asking $AUD35k for an unopened Mermaid when it arrives. Then ordering a classic Fathom.
But I have certain self imposed rules to live by and couldn't sleep at night.
#NOWORDS

I thought you drained this thread? Welcome back!

#3976 1 year ago
Quoted from alex_m:

I don’t think anyone ordered these originally with the main motive to flip the game.

#3977 1 year ago
Quoted from alex_m:

First, everyone that bought a game is an idiot for ordering a game because they pre-ordered a game and paid in full without seeing a game(if you’re a series ticket holder) and now the”scalpers” ,which are the people that preordered a game, are also now the bad guy.

This is ridiculous.

#3978 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I don’t think anyone ordered these originally with the main motive to flip the game.

There's a few people who bought more than 1 mermaid at the initial offering with the intent of flipping for a profit. You won't hear them talking about it because so many people are down on flippers... but you'll know who they are when mermaids start popping up for sale for $22k - $25k on pinside.

#3979 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

You and I might be the only ones with Classics! CE could be the ultimate LE! I'm really close to pulling the trigger.

#3981 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

There's a few people who bought more than 1 mermaid at the initial offering with the intent of flipping for a profit. You won't hear them talking about it because so many people are down on flippers... but you'll know who they are when mermaids start popping up for sale for $22k - $25k on pinside.

If so, more power to them! The pre sale was open for many days and anyone that had $1500 and wanted one could have ordered one.

#3982 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

First, everyone that bought a game is an idiot for ordering a game because they pre-ordered a game and paid in full without seeing a game(if you’re a series ticket holder) and now the”scalpers” ,which are the people that preordered a game, are also now the bad guy.
This is ridiculous.

Yeah I have no intentions of selling mine but I have no beef with anyone buying/selling their spots or games regardless of price, especially series ticket holders.

#3983 1 year ago

I can't wait to hear of a game actually being unboxed. I know that Dr. John is game #1 for every Haggis title. So if games truly have shipped, then he and Emily should have theirs any day now.

#3984 1 year ago

Educate me (I promise I’m not the only one)
Who is Dr John and why does he get the first game?

#3985 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

https://funwithbonus.com/dr-john-cosson-tests-his-pinball-knowledge-on-the-game-show-hard-quiz/

He gets 1st game due to his commitment and believe that Haggis can deliver (from day 1),along with his support for the Australian pinball community.

#3986 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Well, good luck with the first 100 to get their game, as they will be the beta testers for much of the production run. I never like to be among the first to get a new title. These first few will be the first to see any issues with games. Hopefully, there will just be minor issues with this game out of the box. Time will tell.

#3987 1 year ago

I never mind being first!
It's a Pinball machine not your first child.
Super excited and just picked up a Playboy 78
To sit along side My Merman when he arrives.

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

In addition to being an Oral Surgeon who works especially with children, Doctor John is a pretty well-known member of the pinball community. He's Australian, and both he and his daughter play in a lot of pinball tournaments. They have a Twitch streaming channel - https://www.twitch.tv/emilyanddoctorjohn . And he also does pinball restorations as well.

He's been one of Haggis' biggest outside supporters since very early on. I believe he was the first person to unbox and stream Celts, long before any other Celts games shipped. He was a beta-tester of sorts.

#3989 1 year ago

And a genuine nice guy. I've played pinball with him a few times when he used to organize tournaments with Peter Watt at Benny's at Tweed Heads.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=18344

#3990 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

https://funwithbonus.com/dr-john-cosson-tests-his-pinball-knowledge-on-the-game-show-hard-quiz/
He gets 1st game due to his commitment and believe that Haggis can deliver (from day 1),along with his support for the Australian pinball community.

Glad to hear that...he's good a ambassador. I hope he'll stream a game soon. I have to say I'm happy that Haggis is now the boutique pinball co to watch. The game is just beautiful.

#3991 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

And a genuine nice guy. I've played pinball with him a few times when he used to organize tournaments with Peter Watt at Benny's at Tweed Heads.
https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=18344

Yeah I played at Bennys as well... Good location.

Quoted from kvan99:

Glad to hear that...he's good a ambassador. I hope he'll stream a game soon. I have to say I'm happy that Haggis is now the boutique pinball co to watch. The game is just beautiful.

Just imagine Centaur with the art being an HUO... Fathoms art is great as well tbh...

#3992 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah I played at Bennys as well... Good location.

Pinballs are gone now i believe. Damn pity.

#3993 1 year ago

I’m looking for a spot if anyone knows of one selling a Mermaid edition.

#3994 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

#dOn

#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

You realize of course that now that everybody knows this isn't "vaporware", you will pay a hefty premium to buy a spot.

#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

SCALP.GIFSCALP.GIF

#3997 1 year ago

I would be cautious with all the hype until you see hundreds of Fathoms going out in a steady stream. Pinball machines are extremely hard to manufacturer. I would compare Haggis to Dutch Pinball & Heighway Pinball for roughly actual production numbers before the shit hit the fan. This is going to be a long road for Haggis to continue to ramp up to a Spooky level if they can. We have all seen the failures over the years from basement production to Deeproot $60 million fiasco. Heighway Pinball needed the investors to rebirth the company to move forward. Dutch Pinball does not seem to be able to get a angel investor to make whole all the early achievers, & to ramp up production for any other title.
If you do not believe this, you got to wonder why so little new information has come out of Haggis this year.

#3998 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I would be cautious with all the hype until you see hundreds of Fathoms going out in a steady stream. Pinball machines are extremely hard to manufacturer. I would compare Haggis to Dutch Pinball & Heighway Pinball for roughly actual production numbers before the shit hit the fan. This is going to be a long road for Haggis to continue to ramp up to a Spooky level if they can. We have all seen the failures over the years from basement production to Deeproot $60 million fiasco. Heighway Pinball needed the investors to rebirth the company to move forward. Dutch Pinball does not seem to be able to get a angel investor to make whole all the early achievers, & to ramp up production for any other title.
If you do not believe this, you got to wonder why so little new information has come out of Haggis this year.

Ughh……exhausting.
How many times does this shit have to be repeated??
We……get it.

On a positive note, the last update of this game looks amazing.
I had no idea there was going to be a little projector of some sort on the bottom of the cabinet. Amazing touch!

#3999 1 year ago

I've got 1 for sale on the pinside marketplace and it's pending.

#4000 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/80?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.