CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 154.
#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Im not sure, but I thought FAST due to licensing?

We don't know for Fathom which game first... desire for FAST or requirement to use FAST. But yes, PPS has required all the other 2.0 projects to use FAST. But those are also projects using their 'retro' platform for wpc MPUs.

Fathom as a bally -35 project is an entirely different beast. They aren't using any of the original bally electronics. So wanted to understand which FAST hardware they are using - what is already available, or something else...

#3902 1 year ago

#nowords....mofo!

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We don't know for Fathom which game first... desire for FAST or requirement to use FAST. But yes, PPS has required all the other 2.0 projects to use FAST. But those are also projects using their 'retro' platform for wpc MPUs.
Fathom as a bally -35 project is an entirely different beast. They aren't using any of the original bally electronics. So wanted to understand which FAST hardware they are using - what is already available, or something else...

I believe they did confirm PPS required this to be FAST. I think PPS has a stake in FAST.

Celts was P3ROC. (And it seems like they never converted it to FAST during production, which they could do without a ton of work since it's all written for Mission Pinball)

#3904 1 year ago

Glad to see things progressing !

Looking forward to people setting up their games and playing them.

What a great time to be in pinball ! Go team Haggis !

LTG : )

#3905 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

- The pretty significant projector element. Surprised there is no plex over the hole, maybe they had reflection issues. PDIglass for cabinet bottoms now?

I think the plexi is under the hole. I see the reflection of the of the ‘motion light show box’ on the plexi.

4A6424E6-16AE-4489-A17E-759D39AD7C56 (resized).png4A6424E6-16AE-4489-A17E-759D39AD7C56 (resized).png
#3906 1 year ago

This is what we needed and I'm so very happy to see it!

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I left school at 14, i don't care about your grammar righteousness.

This explains a whole lot. Carry on..

#3908 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Now the only point of contention here, as far as I can tell, is that many of us believe that if we pay for a product, and do not receive that product within the expected timeframe, we are entitled to an update. We are owed an explanation of why the product is late and/or an updated delivery window. Fathom pre-order buyers fall into this category, and it could easily be argued that we are entitled/owed this information by virtue of having given Haggis our money. You might disagree Punkin, but you have to at least see where we are coming from.

But you can't lump them in with people who actually paid money to Haggis and entered into an agreement to purchase AND receive a Fathom remake.

Same thing mate, you are drawing distinctions that don't legally exist. The words apply the same in both cases.

Haggis are not contracted in any way to provide anyone with video updates, or any update.

Doesn't matter if you have sent them money, the money was for a pinball machine, not a series of videos.

Your key line here that makes it incredibly obvious is "is that many of us believe that if we pay for a product, and do not receive that product within the expected timeframe, we are entitled to an update. We are owed an explanation of why the product is late and/or an updated delivery window".

Many of us BELIEVE WE ARE ENTITLED.

My exact point.

GoFuckingHaggisPunkin

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

This explains a whole lot. Carry on..

What does it explain to you mate? that i am somehow below you because i don't have a secondary education?

That you are more intelligent and therefore able to leave backhanded, gutless swipes at someone and feel clever about it to yourself.

Of course you don't have the knowledge of the fact that i went back to college for education, taking honours in one course and distinctions in others. That i built a business that allowed me to retire at 50 while working two jobs or any other achievement.

No, you were stuck at school longer, therefore you are a superior person. I know your type.

Carry on

#3910 1 year ago

Great update today!

#3911 1 year ago

I will sell my place in line for $1,000,000. No low ball offers accepted.

#3912 1 year ago

# NOWORDS

366DC00B-961F-47D9-A9DF-D528C4C13682 (resized).png366DC00B-961F-47D9-A9DF-D528C4C13682 (resized).pngC3D40F88-B638-4D96-BA0C-B34194B8755B (resized).jpegC3D40F88-B638-4D96-BA0C-B34194B8755B (resized).jpegCE823AFE-35EF-4D4C-8B4A-970B078C16A9 (resized).pngCE823AFE-35EF-4D4C-8B4A-970B078C16A9 (resized).png
#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I will sell my place in line for $1,000,000. No low ball offers accepted.

That's actually cheaper than what most paid when you looked at the conversion rate... this won't last long!!

#3914 1 year ago

Love it!!! Actions always speak louder than words.
Amazing work Haggis!

5EBFE070-96B8-4EC3-ACE8-060E26AF8ED3 (resized).jpeg5EBFE070-96B8-4EC3-ACE8-060E26AF8ED3 (resized).jpeg
#3915 1 year ago

Is it me or the padding around that head in the shipping box looks awfully thin?

#3916 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Is it me or the padding around that head in the shipping box looks awfully thin?

It's fucking started already.

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

BOOM! There it is....

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to complain about something based on that update video. Sad to see it's a fellow Canadian.

EDIT: Punkin beat me to it.

It's been stated so many times before. They no longer do update videos because folks whine and complain based on incomplete info and a few seconds of video. They try it again after months long hiatus and BINGO - we have a whiner.. Oops a winner.

#3918 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

BOOM! There it is....
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to complain about something based on that update video. Sad to see it's a fellow Canadian.
EDIT: Punkin beat me to it.
It's been stated so many times before. They no longer do update videos because folks whine and complain based on incomplete info and a few seconds of video. They try it again after months long hiatus and BINGO - we have a whiner.. Oops a winner.

He's just one pinsider asking a question. Obviously, the staged boxing is for effect and, of course, this will be properly padded before being shipped. Everybody should just chill! A new pinball is a fun event!

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I believe they did confirm PPS required this to be FAST. I think PPS has a stake in FAST.
Celts was P3ROC. (And it seems like they never converted it to FAST during production, which they could do without a ton of work since it's all written for Mission Pinball)

Still just trying to figure out which fast hardware is used - if the nano + intel or something else.

#3920 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Still just trying to figure out which fast hardware is used - if the nano + intel or something else.

just email Damian and ask

#3921 1 year ago

The paint job, decal, wrap, or whatever it is… on this cab looks incredible!
Furthermore, the whole build quality from what I can see, after hitting the pause button several times in YouTube video, here and there. looks pretty amazing!

#3922 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

just email Damian and ask

So now he get's it? Jesus d0n, that's all i've been saying from the start. He was saying all the time he shouldn't have to do that, now he's the voice of reason.

Quoted from Pinzzz:

The paint job, decal, wrap, or whatever it is… on this cab looks incredible!
Furthermore, the whole build quality from what I can see, after hitting the pause button several times in YouTube video, here and there. looks pretty amazing!

Wait until you see the automotive grade finish, the sound, the level of detail on things you can't even see till you lift the playfield or look at the back of the machine that sits against the wall etc. My Celts is superb in it's finish. Best quality finish machine i own bar none and by a very long margin. Paint looks like two pac.

#3923 1 year ago

For the record - the Damonator never doubted. Great job Haggis! Those Fathoms are gorgeous!

#3924 1 year ago

Great job on the completed game Haggis. Hopefully the first batch will progress smoothly from here. Personally I'm holding off paying in full, but I look forward to seeing others receive these initial games once complete and shipped.

#3925 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

What does it explain to you mate? that i am somehow below you because i don't have a secondary education?
That you are more intelligent and therefore able to leave backhanded, gutless swipes at someone and feel clever about it to yourself.
Of course you don't have the knowledge of the fact that i went back to college for education, taking honours in one course and distinctions in others. That i built a business that allowed me to retire at 50 while working two jobs or any other achievement.
No, you were stuck at school longer, therefore you are a superior person. I know your type.
Carry on

It does explain the things you said in this thread like pounding your idea of “entitlement” into the heads of the paid customers who asked for production update. Not about being “superior” but it helps to have a proper perspective now for your input on this subject, less on seriousness or informative scales but more on entertainment value. Not surprisingly you made hypocritical statements about me assuming you already know me or my educational background. Good for you for your success in life, and you do you buddy

#3926 1 year ago

#NOWORDS my ass! I have one, WOW!!!!!!!

#3927 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

It does explain the things you said in this thread like pounding your idea of “entitlement” into the heads of the paid customers who asked for production update. Not about being “superior” but it helps to have a proper perspective now for your input on this subject, less on seriousness or informative scales but more on entertainment value. Not surprisingly you made hypocritical statements about me assuming you already know me or my educational background. Good for you for your success in life, and you do you buddy

How does education level explain that to you? So if i didn't do secondary education i am demoted from being taken on a serious level and shunted back to entertainment? Only those with school certificates can be taken seriously?

Your comprehension is so far down on the scale it's hard to see how you function.

I have never 'pounded' my idea of entitlement into anyone's heads. The points i've posted on entitlement have been direct quotes (source quoted the first time) from an internet source. But here it is again as you were unequipped to comprehend it before, hopefully it sinks in eventually;

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/what-is-an-entitlement-mentality

I hope you stop doing 'you' and have a good hard think about your prejudices and the way you speak to people.

You do the new you, Buddy.

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Same thing mate, you are drawing distinctions that don't legally exist. The words apply the same in both cases.
Haggis are not contracted in any way to provide anyone with video updates, or any update.
Doesn't matter if you have sent them money, the money was for a pinball machine, not a series of videos.
Your key line here that makes it incredibly obvious is "is that many of us believe that if we pay for a product, and do not receive that product within the expected timeframe, we are entitled to an update. We are owed an explanation of why the product is late and/or an updated delivery window".
Many of us BELIEVE WE ARE ENTITLED.
My exact point.
GoFuckingHaggisPunkin

Are people arguing that Haggis MUST provide updates to their buyers? I know I never said that Haggis was LEGALLY obligated to provide updates, nor do I ever remember Haggis saying that they would provide timely updates in any of the website or email language when I bought a game. I mean if they specifically said that they would provide updates, then you wouldn't have a leg to stand on, so to speak.

I think I was pretty clear in my previous post; I acknowledged then, as I do now, that you don't feel buyers of a product are owed ANY updates whatsoever, even when the product is very late. They are only owed the product. Okay, so what? It's not wrong for a buyer to want an update when a product they paid money for is not delivered on time. Especially, when the seller was previously very forthcoming with information. But whatever, you are in your own world with this one. I've said more than enough on the subject.

--------------

Either way, I was never one of the impatient ones. I'm in no particular rush to get my Fathom, and am looking forward to seeing the first games get delivered soon. I think that projector is awesome, and that combined with how spectacular the game looks, will draw a lot of attention on location. My game will going straight to our local Pinball Room when it gets delivered.

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

How does education level explain that to you? So if i didn't do secondary education i am demoted from being taken on a serious level and shunted back to entertainment? Only those with school certificates can be taken seriously?
Your comprehension is so far down on the scale it's hard to see how you function.
I have never 'pounded' my idea of entitlement into anyone's heads. The points i've posted on entitlement have been direct quotes (source quoted the first time) from an internet source. But here it is again as you were unequipped to comprehend it before, hopefully it sinks in eventually;
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/what-is-an-entitlement-mentality
I hope you stop doing 'you' and have a good hard think about your prejudices and the way you speak to people.
You do the new you, Buddy.

No thanks, I enjoy pinballs and other “ strange” hobbies while making friends everywhere I go, and best of all I don’t have to share my life stories to explain outlandish comments I made on internet, so I’m good

#3930 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Are people arguing that Haggis MUST provide updates to their buyers? I know I never said that Haggis was LEGALLY obligated to provide updates, nor do I ever remember Haggis saying that they would provide timely updates in any of the website or email language when I bought a game. I mean if they specifically said that they would provide updates, then you wouldn't have a leg to stand on, so to speak.
I think I was pretty clear in my previous post; I acknowledged then, as I do now, that you don't feel buyers of a product are owed ANY updates whatsoever, even when the product is very late. They are only owed the product. Okay, so what? It's not wrong for a buyer to want an update when a product they paid money for is not delivered on time. Especially, when the seller was previously very forthcoming with information. But whatever, you are in your own world with this one. I've said more than enough on the subject.
--------------
Either way, I was never one of the impatient ones. I'm in no particular rush to get my Fathom, and am looking forward to seeing the first games get delivered soon. I think that projector is awesome, and that combined with how spectacular the game looks, will draw a lot of attention on location. My game will going straight to our local Pinball Room when it gets delivered.

I don't believe i was addressing you on this one, but you are partly speaking truth in your own way.

Yes, people ARE arguing that Haggis MUST provide updates and that has been my point all along. I like an update as much as the next guy. I have money in the game too.
But i do NOT say that i am 'entitled to' or 'owed' an update. That is difference you are glibly glossing over.

"is that many of us believe that if we pay for a product, and do not receive that product within the expected timeframe, we are entitled to an update. We are owed an explanation of why the product is late and/or an updated delivery window".

#3931 1 year ago

Duplicate post

#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

No thanks, I enjoy pinballs and other “ strange” hobbies while making friends everywhere I go, and best of all I don’t have to share my life stores to explain outlandish comments I made on internet, so I’m good

Or being able to back up attacks on people because of their educational standards.

In Australia in formal situations this is illegal. In less formal situations it's just considered really bad form to judge someone on standards like this. That stuff went out a couple decades ago. Must be different where you live.

BTW, your grammar is really fucking poor.

Your lack of comprehension is glaring again, as i shared nothing to 'back up outlandish claims'.

My last word.

#3933 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

--------------

They've said they would provide "daily updates on youtube" since they began. I don't think anyone expects "daily" updates but paying customers are entitled to "regular updates"... maybe just 1 a month? The complete silence for months after deadlines had passed wasn't the best way to treat paying customers in my opinion.

This update is nice and well needed.
Untirgedtghtled (resized).pngUntirgedtghtled (resized).png

#3934 1 year ago

The update I am looking forward to is my drop shipping date to my door.
Congratulations to the Fathom owners.
Good cooking takes time.
We have fine wine coming are way!

#3935 1 year ago

Wow! Amazing achievement. That looks great!

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

This update is nice and well needed.

hope you don't invoiced for all n the same day !

#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I left school at 14, i don't care about your grammar righteousness.

I thought that’s how you roll buddy.. so now you care about my grammar? Oh well I shouldn’t expect otherwise with your typical hypocritical response anyways, ha

#3938 1 year ago

Got a email from Damian saying they are going to do a run of celts after the fathoms are out. He’s projecting it to be around the end of the year.

#3939 1 year ago

Time for a club thread.

#3940 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Time for a club thread.

Was going to start one but thought it may be unpopular

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

hope you don't invoiced for all n the same day !

LOL. Yea.

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Best to just put this guy on ignore. Life is better that way

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Best to just put this guy on ignore. Life is better that way

Or just don't fucking poke me.

#3944 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Ok. Who got game #30? That’s yours in the clip.
[quoted image]

That would be me - I'm in Brisbane, Australia and a Haggis season ticket holder. Very excited to see this one going in the box!

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

That would be me

Congratulations!

#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

That would be me - I'm in Brisbane, Australia and a Haggis season ticket holder. Very excited to see this one going in the box!

That’s awesome! Congratulations!

#3947 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

So cool. You must be stoked Did you choose game number 30 or were you just the 30th season ticket holder?

Haggis has said a few times that mermaid buyers would be emailed with a potential shipping date as games were built.

Were you emailed and told your game is in a box?!

When did you send in full payment?

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from Jace:

Got a email from Damian saying they are going to do a run of celts after the fathoms are out. He’s projecting it to be around the end of the year.

Well shit, now I need to find one and see if I like it

#3949 1 year ago

I chose #030 after the other numbers I asked for were taken already.

My logic was if I couldn't get a very low number or a gag number like #069 I'd go for a multiple of 10.

That number will carry through to the season of releases, #030 on each game.

I was also offered #123 which I almost took as it matched the drop targets but decided on the lower #030 in the end.

I paid a couple weeks ago after being advised my game has entered testing.

I've also spoken to Damien after my flood event here that drowned a few of my games, him kindly offering to assist any way he could. I've always been confident he's on track.

Hope that answers your question.

#3950 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

I chose #030 after the other numbers I asked for were taken already.
My logic was if I couldn't get a very low number or a gag number like #069 I'd go for a multiple of 10.
That number will carry through to the season of releases, #030 on each game.
I was also offered #123 which I almost took as it matched the drop targets but decided on the lower #030 in the end.
I paid a couple weeks ago after being advised my game has entered testing.
I've also spoken to Damien after my flood event here that drowned a few of my games, him kindly offering to assist any way he could. I've always been confident he's on track.
Hope that answers your question.

what was your order number?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/79?hl=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.