432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,765 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 156.
#3851 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I left school at 14

I believe you.

Let's all remember that Haggis came out super friendly and full of updates... and set a precedent that created the trust! Then, they even sent out HATS and Christmas Ornaments!! Lots of communication, gifts, teasers, and anticipation of what was to be... production in January or very soon after for Fathom. We are almost at MAY. Delays happen, we get that. Silence is NEVER good with a company in this position, in my humble opinion.

#3852 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I believe you.
Let's all remember that Haggis came out super friendly and full of updates... and set a precedent that created the trust! Then, they even sent out HATS and Christmas Ornaments!! Lots of communication, gifts, teasers, and anticipation of what was to be... production in January or very soon after for Fathom. We are almost at MAY. Delays happen, we get that. Silence is NEVER good with a company in this position, in my humble opinion.

What has that to do with me? Are you another black helicopter person who thinks i represent the company?

16oueh (resized).jpg16oueh (resized).jpg

#3853 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Well played, you don't want to break rule number 1.

Everytime I see Moe , I think of this guy

#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Everytime I see Moe , I think of this guy

One of our intellectually challenged friends.

#3855 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

One of our intellectually challenged friends.

Seems like an average pies supporter to me

#3856 1 year ago

I think its about time to send them a care pack, parts to build 20 games at a time. This make every part for a low production is insane.

#3858 1 year ago

I see that the Haggis Pinball Fathom production update was shared above as a Facebook link. I know that many of you do not use Facebook, so here's a link to the YouTube version of the video as well as some screen captures for anyone who's interested:

Haggis Pinball Fathom Production Update Video

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/haggis-pinball-production-update-video

#3859 1 year ago

First game wrapped up. 249 to go!

#3860 1 year ago

Makes me feel so much better about my full payment.

05F5A970-D933-4C66-81CE-94654EE78BA3.gif05F5A970-D933-4C66-81CE-94654EE78BA3.gif
#3861 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

First game wrapped up. 249 to go!

Wasn't it 200? On any case, this is awesome news

#3862 1 year ago

#3863 1 year ago

The signal to noise ratio of the thread should be much better now. Yay Haggis!!

#3864 1 year ago

Fuck Yeah!!! Go Haggis!!!

#3865 1 year ago

Good to see something finally. Counted 3 employees in the pictures.

#3866 1 year ago

So.. prod floor now in video. Check.. game getting wrapped up.. check.. One put in a box even.. check..

Shot of floor projector.. What was this a known feature ????

Go Haggis..

#3867 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

So.. prod floor now in video. Check.. game getting wrapped up.. check.. One put in a box even.. check..
Go Haggis..

Yes the projector was in their reveal video.

#3868 1 year ago

Damn those games look good!

Go Haggis!

#3869 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Go Haggis..

They showed it off before. I don't think they showed off the hole in the bottom of the cabinet for the projector before. I wonder if they could put something like a wire mesh on it or if it would mess up the light effect.

#3870 1 year ago

What, you mean a group of fathoms being tested just like Damian said they there would be a few weeks back with the hope of the first games shipping late April?

Hope the build quality is as good as it looks. Stunning looking games. Can't wait for mine to get on the ship.

#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I left school at 14, i don't care about your grammar righteousness.
"I am owed an update" is entitlement, self entitlement or whatever other term you wish to use. I know a squirrel when i see a squirrel.

Okay, but words matter, particularly in a written medium like an online forum. So to be clear, self-entitled means a person believes they are owed something, even when they haven't earned it, or even when they don't have any legal right to it.

But, here's the thing, sometimes people really ARE owed things. For instance, if you have a drivers license, then you are allowed to drive a car, you are ENTITLED to drive one legally. You are owed that right, if you have earned your license. If you are of legal drinking age, then you are entitled to drink alcohol, you are owed that right by virtue of your age, you can expect the ability to buy a drink without a problem.

All of us are entitled to a great many things, some we earned (like say passing a driving exam), and some we were given by our countries' constitutions or by mutual societal agreement (the right to vote, drink, ect.). And here's another more relevant example: if you purchase a product, you are entitled to receive that product. When you pay someone currency for an item, they now owe you that item. In other words, you are ENTITLED to receive what you paid for. I think we're all still on the same page here.

Now the only point of contention here, as far as I can tell, is that many of us believe that if we pay for a product, and do not receive that product within the expected timeframe, we are entitled to an update. We are owed an explanation of why the product is late and/or an updated delivery window. Fathom pre-order buyers fall into this category, and it could easily be argued that we are entitled/owed this information by virtue of having given Haggis our money. You might disagree Punkin, but you have to at least see where we are coming from.

Now someone who has not given Haggis any money, who has not purchased Fathom, is obviously NOT entitled to receiving updates or information about said game. They might WANT to know more, but they not owed that information, since they did not pay for the product. If someone who is not a pre-order buyers comes into this thread demanding information that they are not owed, then they would be the definition of SELF-ENTITLED. And it would be perfectly reasonable to tell them to go pound sand.

But you can't lump them in with people who actually paid money to Haggis and entered into an agreement to purchase AND receive a Fathom remake.

#3872 1 year ago

Game looks even better than expected! Guess this means Dr. John should be opening his game soon. Hopefully, he does an early stream of it like he did with Fathom. I loved seeing Mary place his final inspection sticker down!

#3873 1 year ago

Ok. Who got game #30? That’s yours in the clip.

02D97797-765E-4F1E-9D02-4D1AFC5865C0 (resized).jpeg02D97797-765E-4F1E-9D02-4D1AFC5865C0 (resized).jpeg
#3874 1 year ago

Not in on one but that is a beautiful looking game. Hope to get a chance to play one at some point.

#3875 1 year ago

DAAAYUM, if I didn’t already own a minty resto, I would LUUUV to own one of these mermaid editions! What a beauty!

#3876 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

why would anyone with a preorder want haggis to fail? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard on pinside.

Reread your posting history also three people agree with me so there's that anyway I don't know why anyone would but you seem to be bagging on haggis and you have four pre-orders so what's the deal do you want them to fail or not? Seems like you want them to fail just so you could be right

#3877 1 year ago

I'm ready to be astonished by forthcoming level of retconning from all the people who were on the side of failure.

Happy for Haggis and everyone on the pre order list.

#3878 1 year ago

Looking good Haggis.

Be advised. Sooner or later, someone will find something negative to exploit and we will once again hear from the Panic Babies.
I love it when they explain what we already know, but they do it with CAPITOL LETTERS and exclamation points!!!!!

Go Panic Babies!!!

#3879 1 year ago

go haggis

#3880 1 year ago

Sleek, shiny, and pretty. The lighting effects with the room lights off were impressive.

#3881 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Ok. Who got game #30? That’s yours in the clip.
[quoted image]

that's also a classic not a mermaid. weird .. I thought Damian said classics would be produced after mermaids?

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

that's also a classic not a mermaid. weird .. I thought Damian said classics would be produced after mermaids?

It's a Mermaid. It says so on the apron. The second LCD screen is the other giveaway

#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's a Mermaid. It says so on the apron. The second LCD screen is the other giveaway

you're right. my bad. I guess classic series just means bally classics

#3884 1 year ago

Enough of this shipping games crap, can we get back to blood sauge ,haggis and beer ?

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It’s a mermaid edition of the classic series.

I see it was already answered.

#3886 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

for someone with 3 preorder spots , you should know this !

#3887 1 year ago

SO SeXy!!! Play Loud!!

Congratulations Haggis!!

#3888 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

for someone with 3 preorder spots , you should know this !

yes sir

#3889 1 year ago

So looks like first games will ship approx 12 months from announcement. That’s a pretty good record given Melboune had some of the harshest lockdowns in the world in the middle of that - in the 12 months since announcement Melbourne had 102 days of Covid lockdown!

And supply chain issues since then.

GO HAGGIS!!!!

#3890 1 year ago

Wow, those games look incredible! Great job Haggis. Probably the most beautiful NIB machine you can buy right now.

#3891 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Ha, you get these a lot on this type of thread. Wait until you see hundreds of on fire posts and then you'll know something real happened.

Didn't see hundreds of 'on fire' posts, lol, but still saw enough of them to come take a peek!

Beautiful pinball obviously! Love that lighting! They couldn't go wrong with that gorgeous art package in the first place, one of the best looking art on any pinball, imho! Glad Haggis has something to show at this point.

Congrats to all the people that have been waiting for their game(s) and stayed committed to this thread!

#3892 1 year ago

I wonder what Kaneda will want to rant about now?

#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s a pretty good record given Melboune had some of the harshest lockdowns in the world in the middle of that - in the 12 months since announcement Melbourne had 102 days of Covid lockdown!

And we still need to eject Chairman Dan into space!!

#3894 1 year ago

Really great to finally have an update from Haggis. Congrats to them and the lucky bloke who is frantically looking for tracking info now

Standouts I saw in the video...

- The pretty significant projector element. Surprised there is no plex over the hole, maybe they had reflection issues. PDIglass for cabinet bottoms now?
- That's a lot of stuff in the cab. We see power supplies, power distribution, but what's the boards in the back of the center cluster? the fast interface board and CPU? Something else? Anyone know which fast platform this is using? presumably PC + nano + driver boards?
- Obviously lots of boom coming from those two 8"? 10"? speakers and amp in the back
- We get a new playfield mounting system... with what looks like ROLLERS on a track. No more dragging!
- All the drop mechs are made with what looks like polished stainless vs zinc plate
- Haggis pop assemblies vs bally designed
- driver board mounted on PF near edge near trough.. kinda risky spot
- looks like all new apron design (vs Bally). The apron looks to be multiple stacked pieces and the surface towards the outlanes doesn't look like the apron sheet metal. Looks like you have a grab plate instead of the apron+chrome bar on ballys. You can see the mounting hardware on the top of the apron
- the frame of the coin door isn't the same high polish as the door face. Looks to be a painted/pc finish. Gives a neat contrast for the door.
- Big 'haggis' sticker in the bally coin door style on the coin door
- Looks like a whole new coindoor design (vs bally)
- Those transparent pop bumpers really glow

They clearly outgrew their finish/test room - which is good! Hopefully that means there is another 8+ games already in late assembly steps in there too. The space in the video shows 4 games on legs, 4 games on mobile crates, and more cabinets stacked behind those.

Great milestone! Start the countdown to games in hand!

#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Really great to finally have an update from Haggis. Congrats to them and the lucky bloke who is frantically looking for tracking info now

- That's a lot of stuff in the cab. We see power supplies, power distribution, but what's the boards in the back of the center cluster? the fast interface board and CPU? Something else? Anyone know which fast platform this is using? presumably PC + nano + driver boards?

Im not sure, but I thought FAST due to licensing?

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Wow, those games look incredible! Great job Haggis. Probably the most beautiful NIB machine you can buy right now.

100%

#3897 1 year ago

Mermaid truly is a game every collection needs in a high-end lineup !

#3898 1 year ago

celts is running intel nuc. i'd assume the same for fathom

Quoted from flynnibus:Really great to finally have an update from Haggis. Congrats to them and the lucky bloke who is frantically looking for tracking info now
Standouts I saw in the video...
- The pretty significant projector element. Surprised there is no plex over the hole, maybe they had reflection issues. PDIglass for cabinet bottoms now?
- Obviously lots of boom coming from those two 8"? 10"? speakers and amp in the back
- We get a new playfield mounting system... with what looks like ROLLERS on a track. No more dragging!
- All the drop mechs are made with what looks like polished stainless vs zinc plate
- Haggis pop assemblies vs bally designed
- driver board mounted on PF near edge near trough.. kinda risky spot
- looks like all new apron design (vs Bally). The apron looks to be multiple stacked pieces and the surface towards the outlanes doesn't look like the apron sheet metal. Looks like you have a grab plate instead of the apron+chrome bar on ballys. You can see the mounting hardware on the top of the apron
- the frame of the coin door isn't the same high polish as the door face. Looks to be a painted/pc finish. Gives a neat contrast for the door.
- Big 'haggis' sticker in the bally coin door style on the coin door
- Looks like a whole new coindoor design (vs bally)
- Those transparent pop bumpers really glow
They clearly outgrew their finish/test room - which is good! Hopefully that means there is another 8+ games already in late assembly steps in there too. The space in the video shows 4 games on legs, 4 games on mobile crates, and more cabinets stacked behind those.
Great milestone! Start the countdown to games in hand!

#3899 1 year ago

A truly exciting post by them. I'll have to watch it a few more times. Maybe I'll have a beer or two.....

#3900 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Im not sure, but I thought FAST due to licensing?

There are different types of FAST controllers. The other 2.0 games like Funhouse and TOTAN have a different controller than what homebrewers have been using. This looks more like the modular homebrew solution, but that's only with a quick glance of the insides. I'm sure someone on the Fast team can speak to how their product is being used on this title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,765 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/78?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.