Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 156.
#3651 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

There was suppose to be... it was in Mirco's booth; but every time I walked by it was "off"... just like all the other FAST projects at the show.

Hey Zitt!

You had us at your local show and you could have asked all the questions you wanted to about FAST and certainly learned a thing or two about what we do. Then you wouldn't need to make up stories and stir up drama for your own entertainment.

I understand that some people are uncomfortable with face-to-face conversations. I am sympathetic to that. There are people who are more comfortable spouting madness on the internet. We should have a conversation. Heck, even Gerry and I can have grown up conversations face-to-face. I almost left TPF without chatting with him (he was always so busy with people and Weird Al) but as we were literally rolling suitcases out of the venue, we met up and had a great talk. Even talked a bit about you.

Maybe we can split the difference and have a phone call? Would that be something you would be comfortable with?

Please let me know.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3652 2 years ago

@fastpinball,
I don't like your company. I don't like what you've done to the community.
I have zero desire to talk to you or listen to any of your excuses.
Simple as that.
You've done wrong to the community. And I'll continue to post information that I have to let people know what kind of company you keep.

My advise to you: don't try to get others to "help" you quiet me... it only makes the situation worse for you.
I have now made it clear I have no desire to try and allow you to manipulate me like you've done others.
Do not try to force a conversation; you won't like the results.

Don't like it; clean up your act. Really that simple.
Add me to your ignore list - that's the best possible solution you will get.

#3653 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

fastpinball,
I don't like your company. I don't like what you've done to the community.
I have zero desire to talk to you or listen to any of your excuses.
Simple as that.
You've done wrong to the community. And I'll continue to post information that I have to let people know what kind of company you keep.
My advise to you, don't try to get others to "help" you quiet me... it only makes the situation worse for you.
I have now made it clear I have no desire to try and allow you to manipulate me like you've done others.
Do not try to force a conversation; you won't like the results.
Don't like it; clean up your act. Really that simple.
Add me to your ignore list - that's the best possible solution you will get.

Aww, Zitt. I am not so scary. If you continue to say things that are not true about FAST, I will continue to correct you. I think you could save us both a lot of hassle and spare pinside of your misinformation, with a grown-up conversation.

I am available anytime because I feel truth is important.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3654 2 years ago

Truth... You don't stalk PROC homebrew projects
Truth... You don't use shady ethics to convert existing projects to fast
Truth... You don't pay PPS a royalty for every FAST board you sell
Truth... You don't closely monitor pinside for multimorphic threads and chime in for visibility
Truth... You don't circle the wagons when people have facts and ignore them with indirect side speak
Truth... You don't have army's of pinsiders down voting your adversaries
I'm sure there are other truths, I can't think of right now. Let me know if you want me to continue these truths

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Truth... You don't stalk PROC homebrew projects
Truth... You don't closely monitor pinside for multimorphic threads and chime in for visibility
Truth... You don't circle the wagons when people have facts and ignore them with indirect side speak
I'm sure there are other truths, I can't think of right now. Let me know if you want me to continue these truths

Wow. If this is the madness you have spinning around in your head, then yeah, there is no point in a conversation.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3656 2 years ago

So....anyone hear about any fathoms shipping?

#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Wow. If this is the madness you have spinning around in your head, then yeah, there is no point in a conversation.

It's only madness if it didn't happen. Your non-response indicates that you can't confirm none of this happens.
So; yeah, just put me on your ignore list and move on with life.

#3658 2 years ago
2D7E892C-9194-4BDF-B314-694754753F74 (resized).jpeg2D7E892C-9194-4BDF-B314-694754753F74 (resized).jpeg
#3659 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

So....anyone hear about any fathoms shipping?

Nope not yet. Fingers crossed.

#3660 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Will be very interesting to see what they say.

I've already asked a few weeks ago. He said they're done making celts now but since a few people have asked, they're considering doing a small run of them after all fathoms are built.

At this rate, I'd guess that'll be in about 3 years or so.

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

No beer there. I don't drink if I have to drive. Family time and all that.
Now that I'm relaxing, it's time to break out a cellar beer. Vegemite, promite and any yeast paste are all shite.
[quoted image]

I have some Coton, BA Cuir and whatever the 2nd one was in my cellar. Unsure when I'll ever get around to drinking them.

#3662 2 years ago

Cool, Thanks for the heads up on Fast Pinball.I've been looking for something just like that.Im going to order 1 :}

I don't get the "I dont think its good for pinball thing" ? but it looks like fun to be able to create my own pinball machine .I already have like 5 designs mulling in my brain.

#3663 2 years ago

Full Moons have a way of making people say and do strange things.

Happy Easter Haggis Pinball!

#3664 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:Truth... You don't stalk PROC homebrew projects

Well this sure is more interesting than needing to scroll thru 50 pics of beer. That reminds me of women on the social media posting their wine glasses with a #wineo’clock.

#3665 2 years ago

My turn?

GO HAGGIS!

IMG_20220417_163943__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_163943__01 (resized).jpg
#3666 1 year ago

Selling a fathom mermaid spot (one of just 250 being made).

The spot is directly from Haggis... not a distributor.

$2500. Firm. Paypal f&f or zelle.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/133890

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Your definition of "slightly" is quite different than mine. GLWS!

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I get that but try to find another mermaid preorder for sale right now.

Even with my "slightly" higher price, a buyer will be all-in at just $10,400.

A players quality, original fathom just came up for sale on FB for $7000 today. A HEP fathom would likely be $15k or more if you could find one for sale. For $3400 more than a players quality game and $5k+/- less than a HEP restored original fathom... a buyer could have a brand new fathom mermaid revisited. Seems like a no brainer to me.

#3670 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

but he may throw in some Deeproot Water Bottles .....

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

but he may throw in some Deeproot Water Bottles .....

haha no those are $55 shipping included. If you find other deeproot water bottles for less, you probably should buy them.

#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I get that but try to find another mermaid preorder for sale right now.

are you not the one bailing because you think they are going under ?
didn't see that mentioned in your add .... If I'm mistaken please accept my apology

#3673 1 year ago

It's one thing to sell a NIB game down the track for a profit. This is something else that i didn't expect.

Leaves a bad smell.

#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

didn't see that mentioned in your add .... If I'm mistaken please accept my apology

He has collected four pre-orders. He bought some from folks who didn't want to wait, or had concerns.
Not a surprise that he's selling one, or two, or three.

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

He has collected four pre-orders. He bought some from folks who didn't want to wait, or had concerns.
Not a surprise that he's selling one, or two, or three.

Yes, we've all been following along and understand the situation quite well.

#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You are mistaken and apology accepted.

I'm hedging my bets.

I have 4 preorders. If I sell 1 or 2 prior to the may shipping deadline and they actually ship, I'll kick myself. But if they don't ship in may, preorder values are going to go down drastically in value... IMHO.

Are you a gambling man? If the games ship in may, we all know they're going way up in value. Think double msrp.

#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm hedging my bets.
I have 4 preorders. If I sell 1 or 2 prior to the may shipping deadline and they actually ship, I'll kick myself. But if they don't ship in may, preorder values are going to go down drastically in value... IMHO.
Are you a gambling man? If the games ship in may, we all know they're going way up in value. Think double msrp.

Double MSRP for a remake of 40 year old game no one asked for? Time will tell of course but I'd take the under on that one... if I were a gambling man.

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm hedging my bets.

When I asked Haggis originally I was told that series ticket deposits were non-transferable. This is not the case with Mermaid pre-orders? I assumed some exceptions were made to transfer but not that they could be bought and sold away.

#3679 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Double MSRP for a remake of 40 year old game no one asked for? Time will tell of course but I'd take the under on that one... if I were a gambling man.

Time will tell. If damian posts pics of boxed fathoms shipping in may, you'll wish you bought this now for $2500.

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

When I asked Haggis originally I was told that series ticket deposits were non-transferable. This is not the case with Mermaid pre-orders? I assumed some exceptions were made to transfer but not that they could be bought and sold away.

Any of the 250 mermaid spots can be sold and easily transferred to a new owner. That's how I bought all 4 of mine months after the game had sold out. Some people wanted out (due to lack of patience or need for money or both) of their pre-orders. I paid the sellers what they originally paid haggis.

Also, at least 1 season ticket holder convinced damian to let him out of the contract and apply the $4400 USD toward his fathom mermaid. Evidently, nothing is set in stone except that the preorders are nonrefundable.

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Time will tell. If damian posts pics of boxed fathoms shipping in may, you'll wish you bought this for $2500.

Well I'd be brain dead not too right?

I do think you should update your ad and include the part that you're actually trying to hedge your bets... that part at least sounds sincere.

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Well I'd be brain dead not too right?
I do think you should update your ad and include the part that you're actually trying to hedge your bets... that part at least sounds sincere.

I'm sure people considering this purchase have their big boy pants on and will research it. This is the only place for haggis fathom info.
Anyone looking to buy a fathom preorder is likely already here reading this. It's not a secret that if someone buys this they're going to pay about $1400 more than if they got in on the original preorder a year ago.

There are no other preorders for sale anywhere.

#3683 1 year ago

This is why pinball is morally on a decline.
Too much money for some little boys to handle.
I am the person who put his series ticket deposit onto Mermaid. Read back quite a few pages if you want to see the post.
This thread has been ruined .

#3684 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

This is why pinball is morally on a decline.
I am the person who put his series ticket deposit onto Mermaid. Read back quite a few pages if you want to see the post.
This thread has been ruined .

I’d much rather do business with a company that was sympathetic to a customer’s change in fortune than one that hid behind some notion of unbreakable policy.
Plenty of soulless companies already like that in this world.

#3685 1 year ago

I do agree. Some people's aspirations and their FOMO are larger than their checkbooks & their patience.

You're most likely the only season ticket holder who has been able to get out of the contract. You really shouldn't have made that public.

#3686 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I do agree. Some people's aspirations and their FOMO are larger than their checkbooks & their patience.
You're most likely the only season ticket holder who has been able to get out of the contract.

Might be the only one who asked too?!
Don’t see how this affects anyone else to be honest. Not a good look to keep harping on it.

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's one thing to sell a NIB game down the track for a profit. This is something else that i didn't expect.
Leaves a bad smell.

I started a whole thread on this new phenomenon of selling a deposit for profit. Pinside consensus in that poll was that these d*bags are doing nothing wrong. Maybe, but it won’t change the way I view the practice, I think it’s shitty. Anyway, karma is a real thing, and people around here notice this kind of behavior.

#3688 1 year ago

<blockquote

Quoted from swampfire:

I started a whole thread on this new phenomenon of selling a deposit for profit. Pinside consensus in that poll was that these d*bags are doing nothing wrong. Maybe, but it won’t change the way I view the practice, I think it’s shitty.

Therein lies the inherent duality of capitalism.

#3689 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I started a whole thread on this new phenomenon of selling a deposit for profit. Pinside consensus in that poll was that these d*bags are doing nothing wrong. Maybe, but it won’t change the way I view the practice, I think it’s shitty.

I totally agree. Unless you are a commercial pinball business you are taking advantage of others in the hobby, for a few dollars.

We are mostly the lucky people here on good incomes, either you run a business or have a high paying job (there are some exceptions).

Making a few hundred dollars off your mates is bad sportsmanship when you buy for cost then sell for profit. As i said, if he was willing to take the bet like he was so gung ho for a month ago calling people out for not waiting, then got the machines in his possession and sold later down the track, good for him. I was willing to do the same thing.

But this stinks.

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

<blockquote

But we can put a slightly moral spin on our capitalist behavior if we choose to, yes?

#3691 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I started a whole thread on this new phenomenon of selling a deposit for profit. Pinside consensus in that poll was that these d*bags are doing nothing wrong. Maybe, but it won’t change the way I view the practice, I think it’s shitty. Anyway, karma is a real thing, and people around here notice this kind of behavior.

Its the same thing as a selling ANY game for a profit at any time. A preorder is no different. We're only allowed to sell games for what we paid or we're labelled d'bags? That's such a strange way to look at it. You've never made a profit on a pinball game? The shadow I bought from you was for the same amount you paid for it? I doubt it. LOL

I think it's shitty to enter into a 5+ year, 4 game contract and then later cry poverty to a sympathetic pinball company owner to get out of the deal.

#3692 1 year ago

d0n

Quoted from dscapo:

<blockquote

More greed based to me. Capitalism is fine but taking the piss and showing not even a hint of morals is and will always be deplorable.
You keep mentioning finances? guess that is how d0n is wired.
Id mention the real reason, but i guess personal circumstances to old mate means $ , very sad.

#3693 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

<blockquote

You see the reverse side of it happening with Halloween/ Ultraman preorders to elaborate.
Pinball is just a microcosm of everything else inflating right now. Demand side economics.
Individuals can choose to be ethical or pragmatic.

#3694 1 year ago

Hobbies are more enjoyable when the community is focused on innovation, experimentation, relationships, and fun rather than creating a micro economy for a new type of asset. However, people are free to do as they see fit within the bounds of contracts and laws.

#3695 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Its the same thing as a selling ANY game for a profit at any time. A preorder is no different.

I know that YOU can’t see the difference between selling a deposit for a 150% profit and selling an actual game (for say a 20% profit), but many us can it very clearly.

#3696 1 year ago

DON

More greed based to me. Capitalism is fine but taking the piss and showing not even a hint of morals is and will always be deplorable.

I mean if we’re talking about water or food or basic necessities that’s one thing. Deplorable companies make record profits every year at the expense of common people and get praised for it by shareholders and politicians. These are ridiculous toys for people with more money than sense though…

#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I know that YOU can’t see the difference between selling a deposit for a 150% profit and selling an actual game (for say a 20% profit), but many us can it very clearly.

According to d0n he's selling a risk at a fucking profit.

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

A profit is a profit. Why does the size matter? How much do you think gas stations pay for that gallon of gas you just paid $3.79 for?

How much do you think it costs a pinball maker to make the game? They're not doing this for a 20% profit I can assure you.

#3699 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

The shadow I bought from you was for the same amount you paid for it? I doubt it. LOL

Now that you mention it, I LOST money on that game because you asked me for a discount. I also put more than 40 hours of hard work into restoring it. So, go pound sand on that theory.

#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Now that you mention it, I LOST money on that game because you begged me for a discount. I also put more than 40 hours of hard work into restoring it. So, go pound sand on that theory.

I paid $3200 for it. I don't beg for anything john. You've been shooting jabs at me on pinside for a few years now. What's your problem dude?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/74?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.