CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 154.
#3551 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Call that a depth charge here. We used to drink them in pints at West Ryde when i was smaller and crankier. Not allowed to serve shit like that here now, not for many years

But mixing beer and bourbon in the same glass. OMG Sacre Bleu

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

But mixing beer and bourbon in the same glass. OMG Sacre Bleu

Kids. What are ya gunna do?

Ten depthcharges and fight the bouncers. My mate used to like to beat up the bouncers and then the drummers. Never understood why, but he hated drummers.

AndBouncersPunkin

#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

And i am not saying you cannot make or buy good lager, but i will say that very few people outside Europe drink good lager. Noone in Australia does unless they make their own, and you guys in the middle bit of North America make Bud Light for fucks sake. So don't be preaching about good beer.
[quoted image]
BiggestSellerinUSAForfucksSakePunkin

You’re missing out mate. Plenty of great local Lager’s/Pilsners around down here now. Just need to look a bit harder.

#3554 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Make sure you've played it a bunch before buying. I thought I liked it, but it didn't last a month before I traded it. Just not the game for me.

I thought I might have liked it too & I had a deposit on one but the distro has been unable to supply so I moved the deposit on to a more available game. Since then I have read a few things that makes me glad I "pulled the plug" on it.

#3555 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

And i am not saying you cannot make or buy good lager, but i will say that very few people outside Europe drink good lager. Noone in Australia does unless they make their own, and you guys in the middle bit of North America make Bud Light for fucks sake. So don't be preaching about good beer.
[quoted image]
BiggestSellerinUSAForfucksSakePunkin

You might want to wind it in a bit mate...........Fosters, Castlemaine XXXX.....

#3556 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I love a good lager! some craft beers just go way too hard like the Gose concoctions they are coming up with like this
I hate admitting this but, I really enjoy a shandy on a hot day!
[quoted image]

Moon Dog brewery is pretty mental and Ryan C has a few pins there .

IMG_20220414_213156 (resized).jpgIMG_20220414_213156 (resized).jpgIMG_20220414_213234 (resized).jpgIMG_20220414_213234 (resized).jpgIMG_20220414_214127 (resized).jpgIMG_20220414_214127 (resized).jpgIMG_20220414_214019 (resized).jpgIMG_20220414_214019 (resized).jpg
#3557 1 year ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

You might want to wind it in a bit mate...........Fosters, Castlemaine XXXX.....

Lol you guys drink more Fosters than any other country , but you're right XXXX is horrible crap only drunk by Queenslanders

#3558 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

unless they make their own

Quoted from punkin:

Bud Light for fucks sake.

The triggering word “lager” was only brought up in the context of homebrewed beer, and in reference to a very specific German style, but your first thought was bud light? Lol did I give you too much credit for your brewing software screenshots? I thought we would be speaking the same language!

#3559 1 year ago
bp-6-pack-bottle-fathom-angle (resized).jpgbp-6-pack-bottle-fathom-angle (resized).jpg
#3560 1 year ago

this thread now making me thirsty ..... thought there was some breaking news?
beer discussion is good carry on .....

#3561 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pale ale is my daily drink. But a wheat was also when i had my taps going.
Get a box of these and aim for it.
[quoted image]
WB-06 is a good yeast, ferment warm.

Hey bud what's the alcohol % ?

I like my beer nothing less than at least 5%

#3562 1 year ago

Here's a picture from my bar. The two bottles out front are made by a local Colorado distillery. The distillery owners are pinball people and they have machines in the bar/lounge area.

What makes those two bottles unique and on topic is that the artwork was done by Greg Freres, the same artist that did Fathom.

(Note to Whisky lovers. Try that Hibiki. The Japanese know what they are doing)

z1 20220414_060908 (resized).jpgz1 20220414_060908 (resized).jpg

#3563 1 year ago

Mr68: were those special run spirits? One time only?

#3564 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Weird, but whatever floats your boat.
Mum always told my little brother 'use your words son'. Guess i'll never understand that shit.
BringItOnModsPunkin

Not his boat - It’s literally the feature’s intended purpose. To be able to show agreement/disagreement without making more repetitive posts saying so.

#3565 1 year ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

EDIT: I just checked and don't find them on the Webpage. Sorry, I'm not sure.

#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s literally the feature’s intended purpose. To be able to show agreement/disagreement without making more repetitive posts saying so.

I try my best not to downvote anyone these days .
After Who-Dey passed , I realised life's too short to be negative .
No-one likes getting downvotes , so if I disagree with someone I'll give them the courtesy of explaining why .
If you don't want to see repetitive posts disagreeing with something someone has said , why bother , it's already been said .
#keep pinside positive

#3567 1 year ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Hey bud what's the alcohol % ?
I like my beer nothing less than at least 5%

Shows it in the software shot, but 4.9% for the wheat and 6.3% for the Evil Twin.

#3568 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Moon Dog brewery is pretty mental and Ryan C has a few pins there .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That place looks pretty sick!

#3569 1 year ago

Correct me if I'm wrong here- when games went on sale, I thought the deposit would get the game reserved and built, and the final payment would be at delivery/actual shipment.

Not trying to stir any shitpot.. just glancing at the shitpot and wondering.

#3570 1 year ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I just contacted them and they no longer use those labels. Too bad

#3571 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Kids. What are ya gunna do?
Ten depthcharges and fight the bouncers. My mate used to like to beat up the bouncers and then the drummers. Never understood why, but he hated drummers.
AndBouncersPunkin

So you and your mates just go around beating people up? Did ya wait for the drummer to start packing up and alone before you jumped him?
Probably sounded like a better post in your head.

#3572 1 year ago

It was a very common thing here in Australia for young males to fight each other on the rum on Friday nights. Still pretty common in small bush towns where there is fuck all else to do.

#3573 1 year ago

Gatekeeping beer ruined the hobby for me. People like pumpkin making moronic blanket statements like he did show's how little he knows. So many middle/old aged people acting exactly like a subsect of society they often complain about hating; hipsters. "I was brewing beer before it was cool." "IPAs suck." "Lager's are trash." "Oh you like ___, name 5 styles of ___" yada yada yada. People should drink whatever they like, and everyone else should shut up. I rarely profess to be an expert about anything, but the thing closest to it is beer. And no, I've never brewed my own, or worked in a brewery. Been invited to taste from foeder's of some of the finest in the world though. And those brewers hate people like I noted above as well.

So trendy to trash on the US nowadays, so no surprise it continues with beer. But you ask anyone who knows anything, and they'll tell you the craft beer explosion in the US helped save some, and boosted the profits of nearly all, of the flagship Euro breweries. And that increased business, even if it's making beers they aren't most excited to make, gives them the revenue to pursue experimenting on things they really want. And please find me any list, by any site/organization of the "best breweries in the world" that isn't filled at least 50% with US breweries. Or will you gate keep and rationalize that too? Cause no one knows what good beer is but you? From Australia of all places LMFAO. Yeah.... ok.... Find me a brewery anywhere on your continent with accolades like Hill Farmstead or Side Project or Tree House. Ironic you crap on US beer, but try to copy Evil Twin recipe in the picture you posted. I clinked glasses with Jeppe at Evil Twin in Queens when he opened there a few years back. I'm confident in saying he'd not like you or your attitude too much.

Stop being a jerk. It's not cool. Nor is it cool trying to rationalize that it's some type of "cultural thing". Traveled to NZ and Australia a few times now, and can confirm; you're not representative of the population there. At least not this schtick you continually pull on these boards with your hypocritical passive aggressive nonsense. After frequenting the bars there and seeing quite a few tussles, you're the wanker that would be getting learned up if you ran your mouth in public the way you do on here.

Reply what you like, or get sensitive and report me to mods even after all the inflammatory crap you've posted here. I really don't care what you have to say in reply. But I believe this needed to be said to you, and figured I may as well be the one to deliver the message.

#3574 1 year ago
Quoted from tallkid84:

Gatekeeping beer ruined the hobby for me. People like pumpkin making moronic blanket statements like he did show's how little he knows. So many middle/old aged people acting exactly like a subsect of society they often complain about hating; hipsters. "I was brewing beer before it was cool." "IPAs suck." "Lager's are trash." "Oh you like __, name 5 styles of __" yada yada yada. People should drink whatever they like, and everyone else should shut up. I rarely profess to be an expert about anything, but the thing closest to it is beer. And no, I've never brewed my own, or worked in a brewery. Been invited to taste from foeder's of some of the finest in the world though. And those brewers hate people like I noted above as well.
So trendy to trash on the US nowadays, so no surprise it continues with beer. But you ask anyone who knows anything, and they'll tell you the craft beer explosion in the US helped save some, and boosted the profits of nearly all, of the flagship Euro breweries. And that increased business, even if it's making beers they aren't most excited to make, gives them the revenue to pursue experimenting on things they really want. And please find me any list, by any site/organization of the "best breweries in the world" that isn't filled at least 50% with US breweries. Or will you gate keep and rationalize that too? Cause no one knows what good beer is but you? From Australia of all places LMFAO. Yeah.... ok.... Find me a brewery anywhere on your continent with accolades like Hill Farmstead or Side Project or Tree House. Ironic you crap on US beer, but try to copy Evil Twin recipe in the picture you posted. I clinked glasses with Jeppe at Evil Twin in Queens when he opened there a few years back. I'm confident in saying he'd not like you or your attitude too much.
Stop being a jerk. It's not cool. Nor is it cool trying to rationalize that it's some type of "cultural thing". Traveled to NZ and Australia a few times now, and can confirm; you're not representative of the population there. At least not this schtick you continually pull on these boards with your hypocritical passive aggressive nonsense. After frequenting the bars there and seeing quite a few tussles, you're the wanker that would be getting learned up if you ran your mouth in public the way you do on here.
Reply what you like, or get sensitive and report me to mods even after all the inflammatory crap you've posted here. I really don't care what you have to say in reply. But I believe this needed to be said to you, and figured I may as well be the one to deliver the message.

You are so angry about such small things. A little comment about beer preferences on an internet forum.

#3575 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are so angry about such small things. A little comment about beer preferences on an internet forum.

Not angry at all. Just calling a spade a spade. You're an sorry excuse for an aussie.

#3576 1 year ago
Quoted from tallkid84:

Not angry at all. Just calling a spade a spade. You're an sorry excuse for an aussie.

What does my nationality have to do with your hatred of me?

#3577 1 year ago

Yikes. Anyways… Does anyone here have a good Zima recipe?

#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This from the guy complaining about downvotes??

#3579 1 year ago

We’ll that escalated quickly. Not sure where the nationalism came from. I’m pretty sure both the US and Australia have amazing craft beer “scene”.

Now coffee on the other hand….

Go Haggis!!!

#3580 1 year ago

Chimay Blue brewed by monks in Belgium is the one beer I keep going back to. It truly is perfection in a glass (other than the $7/bottle price).

AE4F433F-CF09-4C5A-9B22-6B201BA63691 (resized).jpegAE4F433F-CF09-4C5A-9B22-6B201BA63691 (resized).jpeg

#3581 1 year ago

If you ever want to give this one a try, called 'La Chouffe..' fantastic with some mussles and fries!

Screenshot_20220414-174840_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220414-174840_Chrome (resized).jpg

#3582 1 year ago

This thread is great! There is a constant here, a common denominator. While its turned towards beer at the moment. We're all waiting, some patiently some not, for news of our mermaids and really anything from Haggis.
While I wait, I think I'll play one of my two new favorite games and have a homebrewed Vienna lager. I call it Hold my Weiner. Its quite the quaff....

20220414_175248 (resized).jpg20220414_175248 (resized).jpg
#3583 1 year ago
D6105ACC-77A0-40FF-BFEE-633124B5EF87 (resized).jpegD6105ACC-77A0-40FF-BFEE-633124B5EF87 (resized).jpeg
#3584 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

We’ll that escalated quickly. Not sure where the nationalism came from. I’m pretty sure both the US and Australia have amazing craft beer “scene”.
Now coffee on the other hand….
Go Haggis!!!

Guess that's what happens when an 'expert' becomes involved.

Go Haggis!

Lager is shit.

#3585 1 year ago

Damonator Saltimbanco I adore those Belgians! I’ll have to look for La Chouffe A few years ago a couple in my homebrew club took a beer tour of Belgium and brought back some Westvleteren and they shared it!

Dwboca Hold My Weiner!! Lmaoooo that’s a name right there! I make an oatmeal milk stout now and then for a friend and when I told her she should name it she started rattling off every feminine hygiene joke she could think of. “Monistout” is the name that stuck haha

#3586 1 year ago

Nothing wrong with having strong opinions about beer and wine. I’m far from being a wine snob, won’t pay more than $20 a bottle. But I’ll gladly tell you that white wine tastes like piss to me.

I’ll try any beer at least once. This is what I was drinking last night. I bought it for my dad and it was still in his fridge a month later.

398403B5-C398-4750-B5B2-0D219637E191 (resized).jpeg398403B5-C398-4750-B5B2-0D219637E191 (resized).jpeg
#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

Damonator Saltimbanco I adore those Belgians! I’ll have to look for La Chouffe A few years ago a couple in my homebrew club took a beer tour of Belgium and brought back some Westvleteren and they shared it!
Dwboca Hold My Weiner!! Lmaoooo that’s a name right there! I make an oatmeal milk stout now and then for a friend and when I told her she should name it she started rattling off every feminine hygiene joke she could think of. “Monistout” is the name that stuck haha

Bought a box of Weversteren (halves with a mate) a few years ago when the Belgium shop had one of their free shipping deals on. Top gear.

#3588 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nothing wrong with having strong opinions about beer and wine. I’m far from being a wine snob, won’t pay more than $20 a bottle. But I’ll gladly tell you that white wine tastes like piss to me.
I’ll try any beer at least once. This is what I was drinking last night. I bought it for my dad and it was still in his fridge a month later.
[quoted image]

Agreed it's the personal abuse that's a bit over the top in a discussion about beer preferences.

#3589 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

Watch "LA Chouffe By Brasserie d'Achouffe | Belgian Craft Beer Review" on YouTube

#3590 1 year ago

Started my beer drinking day with Guinness Beer Special - 2 free oysters with each glass, had 2 in Halifax. On to the ferry to Dartmouth for supper meal of 32 oz mug of Canadian beer, & all you can each boneless wings & fries. Now back at the workshop to play pinball & pound back cans of beer. Happy Easter weekend!

#3591 1 year ago

Anyone interested in selling their deposit please send me as PM !

#3592 1 year ago

Just realizing this thread must be a guerilla marketing campaign for a future Happy Days pin because it has totally jumped the shark.

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Just realizing this thread must be a guerilla marketing campaign for a future Happy Days pin because it has totally jumped the shark.

Not yet there's been no poems or pictures of dogs.

#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not yet there's been no poems or pictures of dogs.

How about a poem and a beer drinking dog? You're welcome!

funny-peom (resized).jpgfunny-peom (resized).jpg
#3595 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Anyone interested in selling their deposit please send me as PM !

d0n

#3596 1 year ago

I do wonder what specifically is the limiting factor in getting games finished? The "parts shortages and delays" line doesn't really tell us much. Especially when Haggis all ready makes so many parts in-house.

I'd like to know what specific parts are still missing, or what mech/feature isn't working correctly, or what stage of assembly is giving Haggis trouble.

#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from tallkid84:

People like pumpkin making moronic blanket statements like he did show's how little he knows.

Quoted from tallkid84:

From Australia of all places LMFAO. Yeah.... ok.... Find me a brewery anywhere on your continent with accolades like Hill Farmstead or Side Project or Tree House.

Sounds like to me , you're doing exactly what you're accusing punkin of doing .

#3598 1 year ago

A

Quoted from Screwloose:

All this beer talk is making want to buy an Oktoberfest now.

There is one for sale at Sunshine Coast Pinball for $13k AUD

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I love a good lager! some craft beers just go way too hard like the Gose concoctions they are coming up with like this
I hate admitting this but, I really enjoy a shandy on a hot day!
[quoted image]

Haggis calibration hopefully with this stuff when Fathom arrives ?!! We gotta get this stuff some how to Australia people not just your average band beer real award wining grog...yeah boy!

BROCK 05........

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3600 1 year ago

Have any fathoms shipped yet?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/72?hl=blue_agave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.